Author Topic: Kevin Keegan – a Liverpool Hero  (Read 305679 times)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kevin Keegan – a Liverpool Hero
« Reply #120 on: October 7, 2008, 02:13:47 am »
I named my eldest after him.

I named mine after Albert Stubbins.
She's never forgiven me.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Ozzy_Red

• about Sharon in OK magazine again.. Not the sharpest shrimp on the barbie but probably the most irritating
  • Legacy Fan
  • A pig. In a cage. On antibiotics
« Reply #121 on: October 7, 2008, 03:03:46 am »
She's never forgiven me.

:lmao :wellin
Rarfer out! Go the Liverpool Reds Football Franchise!

Wanker : Manchester United fan. Follower of Manchester United. Denzien of Manchester. More likely to know more about white dog poo than football.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 7, 2008, 03:10:38 am »
She's never forgiven me.

There again. My lad Nessie isn't too happy either!
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Castlethorpe red

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2008, 04:50:38 pm »
Absolutley spot on post.  I remember going to the Dell to see his first game back in the country against us.  As I remember it was about 50/50 in terms of reds giving him a hard time.  I however had a pretty loud voice and made dam sure he knew we were glad to see him.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2008, 10:55:33 pm »
Listened the the Bill Shankly tapes while driving down to South Wales the other night. Bill spoke both highly and fondly of Kevin and although reluctant to say outright he was his best Liverpool player, out of respect for all his other great players, it was pretty clear that he though he was.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 3, 2008, 09:01:47 pm »
Absolutley spot on post.  I remember going to the Dell to see his first game back in the country against us.  As I remember it was about 50/50 in terms of reds giving him a hard time.  I however had a pretty loud voice and made dam sure he knew we were glad to see him.

yeah, souness went right through the back of him early on in that match as well to `welcome` him back to english footy.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #126 on: January 7, 2009, 12:48:36 pm »
great thread.  nice one yorky. 

Offline redzzed

• Boys Pen
  • shanks knows best
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2009, 09:38:05 pm »
My first post in here . Yes , he was a star in his day  and i believe he did a lot for charity . He played the day his dad died (and had been devoted to him) , he didnt play well , i was in the Annie road  and facing night shift that night , he lost the ball  and i shouted 'lazy sod keegan'.
Just then there was a lull  in the crowd noise and he heard it , and looked up into the crowd .
i had forgotten his bereavement . it was an evening game .
i felt bad about this for years .

But he seemed to be so ambitious and definitely used Lfc as a stepping-stone  for his career , this was in the days when stars stayed with thier clubs .

In the Euro final 1977 , when we won , the crowd were chanting 'Keegan , Keegan' in an attempt to get him to stay on , as the team went around the pitch .it just didn't seem right to me ,i thought ' if he wants to go , let him , he is not bigger than the club.'

His memory was eclipsed imo  by Kenny , although Kevin did give everything he had when he played for us , I don't have any warm 'afterglow' feeling about him like i do for Kenny .

Kenny was an entertainer , keegan was basically out for himself (imo)

::)

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2009, 12:42:34 pm »
I never remember the man playing for us, I hadn't even been born when he left in '77. All I've got of him is on dvd. My impression of him is that he gave his all for the team and was a committed, very talented striker who did an awful lot in terms of laying the groundwork for the domination of Europe that was to come, and that began with his last game for Liverpool in the final in '77. Kenny Dalglish, as his replacement, certainly eclipsed him in the hearts and minds of the supporters, but he was a Liverpool hero and that should never be forgotten.

I've mainly known Keegan the manager, and to be fair, he's never had much success. Never won a major trophy. Never contended for the top prizes on a regular basis. Left several teams suddenly. Now it looks as though he may be gone for good. Well that's a shame in my eyes, because the overall impression he's left with me is that of a decent, honourable, honest man, a rarity in a sport filled with the most untrustworthy, dishonest sharks going. Maybe he was destined never to make it in that kind of an environment. His name seems to be just a punchline to many now, the only time his name is brought up to laugh at his emotional outburst back in '96.

But to me, he'll always be a man of integrity, a dying breed these days, who has to be seen as one of Liverpool's greatest players for the contributions he made in the early to mid seventies. I'll certainly never forget that.
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2009, 08:47:29 pm »
to be fair to him, he transformed Newcastle from a second division club to one of England's biggest powers. No shame to him the latter managers couldn't build on the foundation he laid down.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2009, 10:00:42 pm »
He's a gentleman. As honest a guy as you could wish to meet.  Maybe he fell short at the highest level managerially (well, not maybe!), but he gave his best and that's all you can ask for.

royhendo

« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2009, 10:24:27 pm »
Never read this til now - awesome stuff. Best writer there is in my view, bar none.

On Keegan - he was just before my time as a Liverpool player - I remember the Brut ads and the repeats of the mind reading tests with Toshack, but in the early 80s he was a superstar. In WC82, I was fearful of him getting fit as an 8 year old Scotsman.

Anyway - a superb piece. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:29:16 pm by royhendo »

Offline rosie

• WSAS Founder Member
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss not base football player
« Reply #132 on: July 6, 2009, 11:14:08 pm »
Keegan was the apple of Shankly's eye; and he earned the right to be. His performance in EC Final '77 where the great Bertie Vogts tore his own legs and lungs to bits trying to keep up with Keegan's capricious shadow was a sight to see. Anyone who ever thinks Keegan is a bottler views life through the bottom of one.
no coward soul is mine

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2009, 09:09:24 am »
Keegan was the apple of Shankly's eye; and he earned the right to be. His performance in EC Final '77 where the great Bertie Vogts tore his own legs and lungs to bits trying to keep up with Keegan's capricious shadow was a sight to see. Anyone who ever thinks Keegan is a bottler views life through the bottom of one.

that is so true,
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2009, 11:21:25 am »
anyone remember his scouser jokes when manager of city?  well done kevin,  excellent player while here for us, jumped ship once again well done...dont forget as a boss he was basically a few scmichael saves  from actually winning the prem.
had the geordies not lost that  night highly likely would have won the league.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 3, 2012, 10:57:12 am »
anyone remember his scouser jokes when manager of city?  well done kevin,  excellent player while here for us, jumped ship once again well done...dont forget as a boss he was basically a few scmichael saves  from actually winning the prem.
had the geordies not lost that  night highly likely would have won the league.

I dont recall the scouser jokes - he was always respectful to the club when he was a manager

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #136 on: November 3, 2012, 08:17:13 pm »
I loved this guy wasn't my first hero but he lit up every game his was in, i remember last game of the season we had to win at Highbury to win the league and he busted a gut all game trying to get that vital goal, and but for the ref ( i think it was pickwick) disallowing a clearly offside Tosh goal we would have taken the title instead of Derby County, one piece has always lived in my memory he was running down the touchline juggling the ball on his head the amount of times he juggled it might have increased over the years though, when he was leaving he did it right we knew about it and mainly respected his decision even though it hurt, but as it turned out we replaced him with some chancer from Celtic and the rest is history.

If i was doing an all time Liverpool 11 for the last five to six decades he would be one of the first names in it.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2012, 03:15:07 am »
Great player, superstar. But.............. saying in late 76 he was leaving Liverpool 'To better himself'. Saying at every club he ever played for that 'These are the greatest supporters ever' And who could forget those ' Nearly lost my hubcaps when i went to Liverpool to sign Fowler'

And that my friends, is why he isnt remembered fondly  amongst supporters.
'Transalpino 1978

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2012, 03:41:46 pm »
Great player, superstar. But.............. saying in late 76 he was leaving Liverpool 'To better himself'. Saying at every club he ever played for that 'These are the greatest supporters ever' And who could forget those ' Nearly lost my hubcaps when i went to Liverpool to sign Fowler'

And that my friends, is why he isnt remembered fondly  amongst supporters.
Tony - that overshadows all the trophies won during his time with us? Seems to me it shouldn't. I was in Anfield for his debut in Aug. '71. Special years for sure.

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2012, 06:12:21 pm »
Tony - that overshadows all the trophies won during his time with us? Seems to me it shouldn't. I was in Anfield for his debut in Aug. '71. Special years for sure.

I was too mate and i agree special years indeed. But he did have a habit of shooting himself in the foot with comments like those.
'Transalpino 1978

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 9, 2013, 01:35:39 pm »
I've been meaning to post this birthday card & photo I got from him when I was a nipper.

Loved the man.

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 9, 2013, 08:25:43 pm »
I've been meaning to post this birthday card & photo I got from him when I was a nipper.

Loved the man.

That's great mate.

He was a decent fella and a great player.  I doubt anyone who watched him play for us on a regular basis has anything bad to say about him.

We hadn't won a thing in 6 years when he signed and by the time he left we'd won the league 3 times, the UEFA Cup, the FA Cup and the European Cup. Not bad for a six year stint.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 9, 2013, 08:37:47 pm »
He was the catalyst that took us to another level.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #143 on: February 9, 2013, 08:56:45 pm »
We hadn't won a thing in 6 years when he signed and by the time he left we'd won the league 3 times, the UEFA Cup, the FA Cup and the European Cup. Not bad for a six year stint.

Twice  ;)
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2013, 12:23:05 am »
He was the catalyst that took us to another level.
It's unthinkable where we may be as a club if Shankly hadn't found him, threw him in immediately and made him cherish the club before he cherished himself.

Even RAWK may not exist!

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2013, 11:30:48 am »
Signed from DIVISION 4 where he wasn't even played as a striker. Incredible when you think about it. Geoff Twentyman couldn't half spot one, what an eye he had

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2013, 08:56:42 am »
Lovely stuff John. And also 81a. When you look at those figures you realise what an important part of the machine Keegan was.

Shanks incidentally once said he got on well with Keegan from the start and that they shared a bond. He attributed this to the fact that they were both from coal-mining stock. Kevin's dad was a Durham collier who had moved after the war, like many did, to the expanding south Yorkshire coalfield.   

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2013, 11:54:10 pm »
Meant to say Happy Birthday today KK.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2013, 04:30:27 pm »
This story about the 'Internationall Football Book Sword Of Honour' features in Red Or Dead. Bill was asked to present the sword to  Kevin, and accepted with great delight. On the day, Keegan handed it back to the Boss as a thank you for everything that Shankly did for him. It's a true measure of the humility and decency of both Bill Shankly and Kevin Keegan.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2015, 05:24:32 pm »
Saw this in the Asda thread and thought others would enjoy it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TxyYSoblpcI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TxyYSoblpcI</a>

Offline voodoo billy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2015, 09:20:43 am »
Did this on Kevin Keegan for The Anfield Wrap, if anyone's interested.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/02/kevin-keegan-unsung-hero/

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2015, 12:14:42 am »

Great article mate, captures what he did for us and the effect he had on us. I still remember thinking no, he won't leave all the way through that last season ... and then he went ...

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2015, 09:20:12 am »

Great piece of writing, thank you. Keegan leaving was the single most upsetting thing that happened to me in my childhood. I was completely bewildered by the decision, I still am to some extent. But then...Kenny.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2015, 07:25:32 am »

nice article, with some great clips. A perfect compliment to the OP if anyone hasn't read it.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #154 on: April 1, 2015, 12:04:55 am »
I've always had a connection with Kevin in that my grandparents moved to the Village he was born (Armthorpe, Doncaster) after my Irish great grandmother died, taking with them my great grandfather. As a result my father was born there. He moved back here (and played football with Alan A'Court).

Whilst my first game was, ironically (or more probably because of the above), against Doncaster Rovers before Kevin, my first serious experience of Anfield was watching Keegan rouse the smoke filled kop from the Anfield road.

Whilst there have been better things since then, nothing has captured the energy and passion that Keegan produced at that time, we usually won 3-2 and it was usually because of him (pause), records show we had 9 3-2 home wins between 71-72 and 73-74, my memory serves me well.

Possibly my most vivid but confused memories of the lot, he was loved but soon forgotten and deserves a lot more time in the memory than someone like Michael Owen.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2015, 02:27:16 am »

Enjoyed that. One of my many favourite players and such a big part of those very special years.

Offline wolves76

• Main Stander
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2015, 09:26:21 am »
That was a brilliant article thank you.  I am not quite old enough to have seen Kevin Keegan play in a red shirt but one thing is clear.  He was a driving force in our success in the early to mid seventies and as you correctly pointed out,  his game developed even further when Bob Paisley became manager.  The partnership with Toshack was lethal and reached its absolute peak in 75-76.   My own favourite memory of him is scuffling the ball into the net after a Toshack flick header to send us on the way to the title at Wolves in 76. 

I agree with you about the financial perspective.  It was never about the money for Kevin Keegan.    It was the challenge of something new and if you read his first autobiography published in 76 he never felt quite the same at Liverpool after Shankly resigned.  He was also critical of Bob Paisley over the travel arrangements for the UEFA Cup Final against Bruges.   Little niggly things that did not add up to much as a whole but left a sour taste.    Bill Shankly was Kevins guiding light at Liverpool. and a year after the book was published he was on his way out of Liverpool but what a player we had for much of the decade. 

Combine the accusation of greed and the arrival of Kenny who was an even greater player and Kevin Keegans light was allowed to diminish slightly at Liverpool.  This though is a huge mistake.   He was a truly outstanding player for our club.  His work ethic and drive to succeed was breathtaking.  His partnership with Tosh was telepathic.  Your article is a great tribute to him and does him full justice.  Many thanks. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:29:19 am by wolves76 »

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2015, 09:05:53 am »
Great article on Keegan,much appreciated. He was my first LFC hero, I was in the Kop as a young lad when he scored on his debut and loved him ever since.

Haha..not sure if he mean that goal against St Etienne mind you, has he ever spoke about that? I was at that game too, even watching clips now gives me goosebumps, without doubt the best night on the Kop I'd ever experienced.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #158 on: May 9, 2016, 06:06:27 am »
45 years this week since he signed for LFC and as noted above Kevin Keegan was perhaps the catalyst for the glory years that soon followed.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2022, 12:34:05 am »
A few videos and some info on Kevin Keegan...

LFCHistory.net Player Profile page: www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/341

LiverpoolFC.com Player profile page: www.liverpoolfc.com/history/past-players/kevin-keegan

Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Keegan

Liverpool Wiki page: https://liverpoolfc.fandom.com/wiki/Kevin_Keegan

Nation Football Museum player profile page: www.nationalfootballmuseum.com/halloffame/kevin-keegan

'Kevin Keegan 132 Goals' (50 of which for Liverpool):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ci_EBTW6FsQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ci_EBTW6FsQ</a>

'Kevin Keegan - Liverpool's History' (from 100 Players That Shook The Kop):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LWeYlUNZku0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LWeYlUNZku0</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.facebook.com/TheKopLocker/videos/511207532381387

'Liverpool Kevin Keegan' - 11 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tEG5MpBgZbs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tEG5MpBgZbs</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/tEG5MpBgZbs

'50 men who made LFC - Kevin Keegan':-

www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/videos/50-men-who-made-lfc-kevin-keegan/10155880406192573

'Kevin Keegan, the Mighty Mouse [Best Goals]':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ojl0aAvvMx4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ojl0aAvvMx4</a>

'Kevin Keegan [Best Skills & Goals]':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jfiO7gdLY2A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jfiO7gdLY2A</a>

'Mighty Mouse Kevin Keegan skills & goals':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/N3YEhXK22s4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/N3YEhXK22s4</a>

'Kevin Keegan Goals Fest Liverpool FC':-

www.dailymotion.com/video/x5yasfi

Kevin Keegan in "501 Liverpool Goals":-

www.dailymotion.com/video/x1hlxg

'Kevin Keegan - Best Goals, Dribbling & tricks':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hQx8Ep_i5ho" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hQx8Ep_i5ho</a>

'Natural Born Footballers - Kevin Keegan. Part 1':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/f3bmWfSctiE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/f3bmWfSctiE</a>

'Natural Born Footballers - Kevin Keegan. Part 2':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/u1agRBlBIQc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/u1agRBlBIQc</a>

'Keegan On Keegan (Football Documentary)':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/baStfI4q06w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/baStfI4q06w</a>

'Five Great Kevin Keegan Liverpool Goals':-

www.facebook.com/TheKopLocker/videos/645274465641359

'Liverpool 4-2 Ipswich 1973-74 (Keegan hat-trick)':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fqikP-RmJCg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fqikP-RmJCg</a>

'Liverpool vs Borussia Monchengladbach - 1973' (both legs of the UEFA Cup Final):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Yp9mtHTiME4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Yp9mtHTiME4</a>

'1974 Charity Shield - Leeds United v Liverpool':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Zcl0wWR3QSc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Zcl0wWR3QSc</a>

'1976 Charity Shield - Southampton v Liverpool' (at 2m 22s into this video):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7H7hG398WCg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7H7hG398WCg</a>

'Liverpool vs Club Brugge - UEFA Cup Final 1976' (both legs of the UEFA Cup Final):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cHfLMdAFSFg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cHfLMdAFSFg</a>

'4 minute video on the 1976 UEFA Cup Finals:-

www.facebook.com/TheKopLocker/videos/454011388101002

'Cup Classic: Liverpool 3-0 Newcastle':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xFY67LtZn-0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xFY67LtZn-0</a>

'ROME '77: Liverpool 3-1 Mφnchengladbach':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5nRXzXbth9A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5nRXzXbth9A</a>

Some youtube playlists of videos for seasons with Kevin Keegan at Liverpool...

1971/72 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNjCWIG_JQw&list=PLiIQcmZy0mXv-AflscLJxygYKisf9xC8J (by gr8footy) : www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Games/13

1972/73 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXunq2xStL6rpaBNcsS6v3CQ (by idamaria7) : www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Games/14

1973/74 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXvROVGa9n72N79Bml3akmh8 (by idamaria7) : www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Games/15

1974/75 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXu-Qqo1GbqGhyfpo18hblAB : www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Games/16

1975/76 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXtnx-5AFPRsZ-vsn9FP8l0J : www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Games/17

1976/77 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXsGf9u-uMQ212QgF3qjNLDF : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLte5vKHiXI7FW8s2vJKh2YFQAC0fMQc9u

Some older / out-of-print Liverpool 'Club History' videos featuring Keegan : www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg16108641#msg16108641

'Kevin Keegan - Top 5 Goals for Hamburg':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/laiLXKWR0uE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/laiLXKWR0uE</a>

^ 'Kevin Keegan: The Hamburg Years' article : https://punditfeed.com/nostalgia/kevin-keegan-hamburg-years

2 Ballon D'ors & a Bundesliga - Keegan's Genius: https://thesefootballtimes.co/2020/03/31/two-ballon-dors-and-the-bundesliga-kevin-keegans-genius-at-hsv

'Lawrie McMenemy recalls Kevin Keegan signing':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0EkUixwEADI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0EkUixwEADI</a>

'Kevin Keegan Newcastle Goals':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/C5aMNMmWweo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/C5aMNMmWweo</a>

'Kevin Keegan - England' (When the Football Stars Shine - NO.68 Kevin Keegan Technical Highlights):-

www.bilibili.com/video/BV1KP4y1J7Wu

^ England Stats: https://www.englandstats.com/player.php?pid=887

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video thread' content info for years gone by, recent times, Season Reviews, Cup Final victories - Domestic, European, and World...

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576 & www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.0

« Last Edit: November 3, 2023, 07:05:48 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576