Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3990482 times)

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
Re: For all the arl arses.
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2008, 11:07:02 am »
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=arlarse

Thank god for that. You arl bastards are all losing your minds.

Also found it here:

http://y2u.co.uk/Liverpool_UK/Liverpool_Scouse_Accent.htm

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:08:44 am by Greg »

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2008, 12:16:36 pm »
No, I can't believe you arl bastards have a different definition for it.

Ask anyone brought up in Liverpool who is my age, and I'm pretty sure they'll all say the same as me.

your still a whipper snapper lad.......... :)
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2008, 12:18:35 pm »
arlarse = the crafty one  :)

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2008, 12:21:12 pm »
No, it was defo a word used to describe someone who has done a bad thing, or the bad thing itself.

For example, if someone kicked a dog outside a shop, he would be an arlarse.

Or, if some lad in school punched a little kid and ripped his blazer, that would be also arlarse.

:lmao :lmao beaut of a post that

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2008, 12:37:47 pm »
Nice one Ted, I do my best...

Offline Austrian_Liverpudlian _92

• Main Stander
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2008, 12:56:00 pm »
from the scouse dictionary - Dirty Bastard = a person from Manchester  ;D
A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters.

Luis Garcia

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2008, 12:57:19 pm »
It's one of them words like shite or bollacks that can cover a multitude of things.  And when it's said, it's meaning is whatever context it's said in.

Over me life time, it's sort of went from auld arse, to aul arse, to arlarse and in my case, sadly aul fat arse.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2008, 01:01:29 pm »
It's one of them words like shite or bollacks that can cover a multitude of things.  And when it's said, it's meaning is whatever context it's said in.

Over me life time, it's sort of went from auld arse, to aul arse, to arlarse and in my case, sadly aul fat arse.

classic..... :lmao :lmao

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2008, 01:03:34 pm »
She just calls me Hairy Arse now!!!!!!!!!!!! Cow

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2008, 04:43:45 pm »

I don't think you got the full evolution in there Fats. I'm sure I can remember a period where 'Owlarse' was very popular.
This had nothing to do with owls, it was just the best way to write it in order to give the correct pronounciation.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2008, 05:35:29 pm »

I don't think you got the full evolution in there Fats. I'm sure I can remember a period where 'Owlarse' was very popular.
This had nothing to do with owls, it was just the best way to write it in order to give the correct pronounciation.

coming from chaucer st in scottie rd, i dont think i can even write it the way i say it!!!!!!!!! the kids are buzzin off me  :duh :duh

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2008, 05:52:37 pm »
That c*nt Kirkpatrick cost us the Title back in 72, i think when Derby won it,Toshack scored in the last 10 minutes at Highbury,we needed to win and ended up drawing 0-0,Toshack scored and that BALDY TWAT disallowed it for Offside

My brother and his mate ran on the pitch to get him that night, I thought they were going to kill him.
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2008, 06:47:59 pm »

Hello Doc. Long time mate.
I think the accent has changed dramatically over me life time. The kids speak so much slower now. And think back to the way the Owlarses spoke when we was kids. If they was still about no one would understand them nowadays.

True story.... I had an Uncle Nick, auld sea farer. He had one of them little plastic hole things in he's neck. Must of had cancer or something.
Anyway when I was a kid he used to stick a ciggie in it and smoke through it, blowing the smoke out of it. I loved watching him.
And I kid you not, when they all used to come back to ours for a bit of a do on a Saturday night, he used to stick the penny whistle in it and play Irish/LOL proddy tunes.

Shame he was a blue nose. They would have loved him on the Kop.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2008, 08:31:49 pm »
I think the accent has changed dramatically over me life time. The kids speak so much slower now. And think back to the way the Owlarses spoke when we was kids. If they was still about no one would understand them nowadays.

True story.... I had an Uncle Nick, auld sea farer. He had one of them little plastic hole things in he's neck. Must of had cancer or something.
Anyway when I was a kid he used to stick a ciggie in it and smoke through it, blowing the smoke out of it. I loved watching him.
And I kid you not, when they all used to come back to ours for a bit of a do on a Saturday night, he used to stick the penny whistle in it and play Irish/LOL proddy tunes.

Shame he was a blue nose. They would have loved him on the Kop.

Fucking classic FS.

Did he play The Sash through it on The 12th too?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: July 23, 2008, 09:43:28 pm »
Yeah Shanks. Nick was sound. He could make a cat laugh. And me family, well, me Ma's side was Orange. They was from Netherfield Rd. I used to March in the Lodge. But me auld fella was catholic and when he became a Commie he put an end to all that.
No wonder I'm so fucked up.

Offline liverpoolsnumber9

• Main Stander
« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2008, 09:56:14 pm »
spent all me money and was absolutely bladdered outside wembley in 86 against the shite, every fucker who wasn't bladdered and had monkey boots on was climbin a 100 feet or more and divin in through windows, had to think quick so started cryin and told this bizzy lady that a big fella had mugged me and robbed me ticket, she took me over to the control room at the wembley conference centre and got me a vip pass into the ground, fuckin brilliant and after securing the double ( god bless the king) spent the night in the hotel stevie mcmahons mam & dad were in, everything was sound until on the sunday when the hotel that had 75 bods in, had already done 130 brekkies before 9.30am, the floor crashes had all gone down for breakfast and ate all the food, tommy mc wasnt to pleasesd but normal service was reumed after the bizzies arrived and a good old fashioned scouse whip round was had and the hotel owner was then well happy, happy days la, happy days and a double to boot.
And still want to know who the sneaky fucker was who robbed me sun hat.

From a 44 year sad bastard who as got more great memories of the travels that this mighty club has given me that cannot fail than to die a happy and fulfilled redman.
:lmao 

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2008, 10:14:12 pm »
Yeah Shanks. Nick was sound. He could make a cat laugh. And me family, well, me Ma's side was Orange. They was from Netherfield Rd. I used to March in the Lodge. But me auld fella was catholic and when he became a Commie he put an end to all that.
No wonder I'm so fucked up.

Then all of us catholic f*****s moved up from scottie to rothsay square( behind the crescent boozer) on netherfield and me arl grandma said if we looked out of the letter box on a sunday when the scottish pipers were getting ready in the square to march with the lodge, they would poke ar eyes out and all that, tell yer lads am still shit scared when i hear them fuckin bagpipes

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2008, 10:45:34 pm »

That's a good observation that Fats. They do speak much slower nowadays - and funnily enough, they sing faster.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2008, 10:47:14 pm »

Me gran used ter do that with her arse.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2008, 10:47:49 pm »
Then all of us catholic f*****s moved up from scottie to rothsay square( behind the crescent boozer) on netherfield and me arl grandma said if we looked out of the letter box on a sunday when the scottish pipers were getting ready in the square to march with the lodge, they would poke ar eyes out and all that, tell yer lads am still shit scared when i hear them fuckin bagpipes
Did ye fuck,i went to school in Prince Edwin Street,we used to terrorise them King Billy c*nts ;)

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2008, 10:50:29 pm »
Did ye fuck,i went to school in Prince Edwin Street,we used to terrorise them King Billy c*nts ;)

is right, like me family in the 4 squares in soho st, yous were all hidin behind the piggeries  ;D ;D :lmao

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2008, 10:51:53 pm »
 :lmao Bomb the tugboat

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2008, 10:53:04 pm »
is right, like me family in the 4 squares in soho st, yous were all hidin behind the piggeries  ;D ;D :lmao
I went to St Gregs(seniors) St Joeys(juniors) what school did ye go to Ted?

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2008, 11:04:06 pm »
I went to St Gregs(seniors) St Joeys(juniors) what school did ye go to Ted?
st joeys, then when they knocked ar slum down, for that fuckin tunnel, spread out like a wilds mans shite and we ended up in the fuckin countryside, leather bottle halewood, could have been worse suppose, not far from fuckin widnes but most of the fam stayed around rothsay and breck rd, kearns still live off william henny

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: July 23, 2008, 11:05:52 pm »
st joeys, then when they knocked ar slum down, for that fuckin tunnel, spread out like a wilds mans shite and we ended up in the fuckin countryside, leather bottle halewood, could have been worse suppose, not far from fuckin widnes but most of the fam stayed around rothsay and breck rd, kearns still live off william henny
Ted how old are ye?

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: July 23, 2008, 11:07:50 pm »
Ted how old are ye?

depends on what type of day am havin,

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2008, 11:09:59 pm »
depends on what type of day am havin,
Fuck off Ted,stop playing games,do you remember Ted Norton in St Joeys ;)

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #227 on: July 23, 2008, 11:10:09 pm »
No, I can't believe you arl bastards have a different definition for it.

Ask anyone brought up in Liverpool who is my age, and I'm pretty sure they'll all say the same as me.

yeah i agree with you mate, but half the time we didnt even say `that was arl-arse` if we seen someone do something shitty, we just used to say `that was `arl-lee` that` or `your an `arl-lee` you`.

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2008, 11:12:40 pm »

Headmaster

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: July 23, 2008, 11:14:14 pm »
Fat harold is a friend of mine if that helps?

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2008, 11:19:09 pm »
Fat harold is a friend of mine if that helps?
H used to live in Comus Street when he was younger,punched fuck outta him,many a time 8)

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2008, 11:20:03 pm »
lol you know ar billy then, reid and patsy

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2008, 11:20:59 pm »

arl tell him when i see him  ;D ;D

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2008, 11:22:35 pm »
H used to live in Comus Street when he was younger,punched fuck outta him,many a time 8)
arnt you too old for all of this technology  :lmao

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2008, 11:23:22 pm »
?

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: July 23, 2008, 11:25:56 pm »
?

comus st billy reid, patsy etc

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: July 23, 2008, 11:26:49 pm »
comus st billy reid, patsy etc
Bunna Reid?

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: July 23, 2008, 11:27:42 pm »

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: July 23, 2008, 11:32:27 pm »
one of
Going to bed now Ted,nice to know that there's a few "Townies" on the Forum,sick of all these "Wools" from Crockie,Broadway,Wavertree,The Swan,The Brook etc etc,fucking Wools I tell ye Ted,Fuckin Wools ;)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2008, 12:11:03 am »

That's a good observation that Fats. They do speak much slower nowadays - and funnily enough, they sing faster.
Me Da told me that when he was a lad, you could tell what part of the city fellas came from by the words they used and the way they said them.