Author Topic: Anfield Road Lower - How is the view?  (Read 143384 times)

Offline Peterkgb

• Kemlynite
Re: Anfield Road Lower - How is the view?
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2008, 12:46:46 pm »
cheers

Offline millsymate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #41 on: January 1, 2009, 02:02:35 am »
Sound the view like.
You wont half hear a range of accents like.
People telling you to sit down if you stand up.
Singing who are ya to the opposition
and people dressed in 300 quids worth of lfc gear

whopper central here.

Thats my experiences whenever Ive been in the anny road.

Offline elsombreroman

• Now 18 but check his id anyway. Potential hacker. The new Ken Dodd.
  • Kopite
« Reply #42 on: January 1, 2009, 08:03:44 pm »
Sound the view like.
You wont half hear a range of accents like.
People telling you to sit down if you stand up.
Singing who are ya to the opposition
and people dressed in 300 quids worth of lfc gear

whopper central here.

Thats my experiences whenever Ive been in the anny road.

Those who know the score sit in the kop
Those who think they are the score sit in 306
Those who are more arsed about their prawn butties sit in the centenary
Those whoppers who havent been before sit in the anny road
Those regular whoppers sit in the main stand
You what lad?!

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #43 on: January 1, 2009, 08:09:42 pm »

I thought those who know the score stand in the Kop?

Are you a whopper?
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline elsombreroman

• Kopite
« Reply #44 on: January 1, 2009, 08:18:09 pm »
I thought those who know the score stand in the Kop?

Are you a whopper?
No Im in a wheelchair
You what lad?!

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 1, 2009, 08:18:36 pm »
And isn't it on the Kop?

Think you should know the score more elsombreroman, la.

Offline annieroadaggro

• Kopite
« Reply #46 on: January 1, 2009, 08:29:33 pm »
So if you're a sth in anywhere other than the kop you're a whopper now? What a complete load of shite

Offline elsombreroman

• Kopite
« Reply #47 on: January 1, 2009, 08:37:12 pm »
So if you're a sth in anywhere other than the kop you're a whopper now? What a complete load of shite
if your a sth anywhere else your either a whopper or u have the patience of a saint
You what lad?!

Offline SMICER

• Anny Roader
« Reply #48 on: January 1, 2009, 08:48:19 pm »
HAHA, funny some of the posts here. For league games these days, the KOP is full of daytrippers and whoppers. Its sh** because everyone wants to be in the KOP.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 1, 2009, 09:40:11 pm »
if your a sth anywhere else your either a whopper or u have the patience of a saint

25000 STH's in a 12,000 seater Kop?
And a Kop that is not all STH's?

Bloody hell, thats a lot of whoppers these days!           

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2011, 02:04:12 pm »
Block 126 row 35 - is that the back row and is it restricted view?  Doesn't say it's restricted on the seating plan on .tv?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2011, 02:11:24 pm »
Ins in.

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2011, 05:21:30 pm »

i don't know if the photo is a tiny bit exaggerated or not, or the camera is held slightly higher than eye level in the away section of anfield road end, but it's probably the same for the home supporters.. probably the person who took the photo is standing up before the game anyway and gives a false perception

anyone able to explain to me the obsured view in the centenary stand underneath the police thing? i still can't work it out  :P
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:25:39 pm by johnsouthwales »
can i have my old name back please?

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2011, 05:24:06 pm »
How many does the road end hold? how many did the old road end hold?
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2011, 05:29:01 pm »
about 9,000 inc the away supporters.  hmmm now you're asking... the anfield road end before 1982-83 held about 11,500?? or 10,500??off the top of my head.

pre 1999, it was around 6,500.. but don't quote me on that  :P

edit:
Capacity 9,074  Upper Tier 2,654  Lower Tier 6,391 Disabled Positions 29

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:44:31 pm by johnsouthwales »

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2011, 05:52:04 pm »
if the ground capacity in 1980 was 48,500, the kop held 21,000, the main stand 12,227. kemlyn road was 6,600, means the anfield road end held 8,673... hmm, i'm way out

edit: liverpool v everton attendance march 1981 was 49,743 ..add 1243 onto 8,673 = 9916 ... then again, if the kop capacity was 21,500 rather than 21,000, fiddle about with the figures
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:58:41 pm by johnsouthwales »

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2011, 10:02:11 pm »

i don't know if the photo is a tiny bit exaggerated or not, or the camera is held slightly higher than eye level in the away section of anfield road end, but it's probably the same for the home supporters.. probably the person who took the photo is standing up before the game anyway and gives a false perception

anyone able to explain to me the obsured view in the centenary stand underneath the police thing? i still can't work it out  :P
Basically you can't see the corner flag at the corner of Anny Rd and Kemlyn - it's not really restricted although it's slightly worse when the Kemlyn stands up

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2011, 10:07:47 pm »
thanks for that. i remember asking the girl at the ticket office a while back to explain to me about the police box as she said its an obscured view.. so i said fek it, give me paddock enclosure. and for years i been trying to work it out  ;D

i'm not sure how i wouldn't be able to see the corner flag at the centenary/kop if im sitting by it and above it, but i shall look at my photos again
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:09:51 pm by johnsouthwales »

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2011, 10:16:09 pm »

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2011, 10:50:27 pm »
thanks for that. i remember asking the girl at the ticket office a while back to explain to me about the police box as she said its an obscured view.. so i said fek it, give me paddock enclosure. and for years i been trying to work it out  ;D

i'm not sure how i wouldn't be able to see the corner flag at the centenary/kop if im sitting by it and above it, but i shall look at my photos again
no it's the corner at the opposite end of the pitch that you can't see not the one right in front of you!

Offline Suarez325

• Kopite
  • Road End Whopper
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2011, 01:52:32 pm »
I've sat in the Anny Rd End a couple times this season. Hasn't been too bad for whoppers about the same as the Kop really.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2011, 01:55:27 pm »
Try not to be in the corner of the stand (Anny Rd / Centenary) that's one crap view! I go with three others and we only went in that bit once!
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2011, 04:24:17 pm »
no it's the corner at the opposite end of the pitch that you can't see not the one right in front of you!

;D i think im beginning to grasp the angle obliteration of the mentioned corner flag at the anfield road/centenary end from underneath the police room.. viewing projection if im correct is about a third of the way down the centenary when it starts to obscure the fla?.
wouldnt it be the same for someone in the top seats in the centenary as well adjacent to the police box?

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2011, 04:29:39 pm »
;D i think im beginning to grasp the angle obliteration of the mentioned corner flag at the anfield road/centenary end from underneath the police room.. viewing projection if im correct is about a third of the way down the centenary when it starts to obscure the fla?.
wouldnt it be the same for someone in the top seats in the centenary as well adjacent to the police box?
When I was there I missed a goal at the kop end because I had stopped leaning forward 90 degrees!
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »
bit like ricking your neck.. i had a seat like that once in the main stand.  poxy pillar 45degrees angle on the kop goal. had to bend the head round now and then.

funny how things like that get in the way

Offline kagij

• Main Stander
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2011, 02:59:27 pm »
I think the view is good. Last time I was in it, I was in row 26. It all seemed fine to me, although it's farking cramped for someone who is 6'4. I was there for this year's derby and the atmosphere was pretty good for a part of the stadium that wasn't the Kop. Yeah, there were a few day-trippers, but it wasn't that bad really. It was much better than last year's derby in the Main Stand was for atmosphere.

Offline Kaiserred2012

• Main Stander
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2011, 08:36:28 pm »
Off to the game Wednesday, not been for a couple of years as its been hard to get tickets and funds not been too good. Yeah im from out of town and ive supported Liverpool since I was a little kid, is it a problem that im not from Liverpool? taking the day off work and travelling a few miles to watch the game, im proper excited about it but some of the things said on here put you off. Yeah some people are lucky to live 5 mins from Anfield but im not.

when Liverpool win im as happy as anyone who has been going to every game for the last 50 years.

just a thought and my opinion.

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2011, 08:55:21 pm »
Off to the game Wednesday, not been for a couple of years as its been hard to get tickets and funds not been too good. Yeah im from out of town and ive supported Liverpool since I was a little kid, is it a problem that im not from Liverpool? taking the day off work and travelling a few miles to watch the game, im proper excited about it but some of the things said on here put you off. Yeah some people are lucky to live 5 mins from Anfield but im not.

when Liverpool win im as happy as anyone who has been going to every game for the last 50 years.

I wouldn't worry what people say mate - the team needs all the support it can get. No need to justify why you haven't been to games for a while.

Everyone has different circumstances like you point out.

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2011, 09:11:00 pm »
have a good time jayhayes,  i understand what you mean by funds and you're looking forward to it...

Offline Kaiserred2012

• Main Stander
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2011, 09:11:18 pm »
I wouldn't worry what people say mate - the team needs all the support it can get. No need to justify why you haven't been to games for a while.

Just pisses me off, if I could afford it I would be at every game, without a doubt, I love the club as much as anybody.

Really looking forward to the game and being at Anfield!

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2011, 09:12:08 pm »

Agree with this but don't agree with the poster above you saying it's been hard to get tickets. Fair enough if you haven't got the money, but tickets aren't as difficult to come by as many people seem to think.

Offline Kaiserred2012

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2011, 09:12:35 pm »
have a good time jayhayes,  i understand what you mean by funds and you're looking forward to it...

thank you! just on my high horse at the min!

Offline Kaiserred2012

• Main Stander
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2011, 09:17:59 pm »
Agree with this but don't agree with the poster above you saying it's been hard to get tickets. Fair enough if you haven't got the money, but tickets aren't as difficult to come by as many people seem to think.

Maybe not recently but it has been before, yeah funds are a bit short, its not about that. Im not falling out with anyone, just saying that there is a lot of negativity about fans who dont go to every game, fair play, im not going to go and spend £500 in the shop and take a 5 million mega pixel camera and just take photos for 90 mins.

Im there to support the team I love like everyone else in there.

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2011, 09:40:00 pm »
i don't get a high horse anymore...it's usually the night before a game i get trouble with  :P too exited and restless and can't sleep. 'think i would have grown out of that by now. it doesn't bother me at all about out of towners.. if someone called me one, they'd know about it.  i usually tell them i was coming to anfield before the day you were born - lol (in a nice way). 

funny saying that, a couple of wolves supporters shook my hand as a gesture after the match when i was walking around. quite a few really.  got chatting to a few in different places and one mentioned about my accent.  i used my excuse of a chat and said i was at molineux before you were born and they get suprised and don't expect a response like that.. soon as i start mentioning some old names or even something about music and what bands they used to see in wolverhampton, respect comes around. even though an older steward was a bit narky when i asked him a question, i didn't mind.  the other younger steward in JL10 enterance five minutes earlier didn't mind cos he was interested in what i was talking about haha

Offline Kaiserred2012

• Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2011, 09:47:50 pm »
i don't get a high horse anymore...it's usually the night before a game i get trouble with  :P too exited and restless and can't sleep. 'think i would have grown out of that by now. it doesn't bother me at all about out of towners.. if someone called me one, they'd know about it.  i usually tell them i was coming to anfield before the day you were born - lol (in a nice way). 

funny saying that, a couple of wolves supporters shook my hand as a gesture after the match when i was walking around. quite a few really.  got chatting to a few in different places and one mentioned about my accent.  i used my excuse of a chat and said i was at molineux before you were born and they get suprised and don't expect a response like that.. soon as i start mentioning some old names or even something about music and what bands they used to see in wolverhampton, respect comes around. even though an older steward was a bit narky when i asked him a question, i didn't mind.  the other younger steward in JL10 enterance five minutes earlier didn't mind cos he was interested in what i was talking about haha

sounds great! i just want to go and enjoy the game and be part of the club. Means a lot to me.

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2011, 10:36:19 pm »
i just been thinking when was the last time i was in the anfield road end?  in the early days i was going into the anfield road end as a norm up until 1980-81, once on the kop 1978-9, others were anfield rd.  dabbled with the paddock in 1979 a couple of times.. then i found myself back in the anfield road end for the 1981 league cup semifinal. since then, it  seems last in pecking order.  well weird..  i'm sure the last time i stood on the anfield road end was in march 1982 against cska sofia.  maybe i should get a seat there next time for old times sake, hopefully not next to the aways as i don't want them belting in my ears.  it was like that for the paddock, as long as i don't have a seat with pk9 on it, i'm happy  :P

Offline redpirate

• Say hello to my little brain.....Be quick though, it's shrinking quicker than a polar ice cap.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2011, 12:49:52 am »
Those who think they are the score sit in 306
Those who are more arsed about their prawn butties sit in the centenary
Those whoppers who havent been before sit in the anny road
Those regular whoppers sit in the main stand

Makes absolutely no sense...in case you haven't realised 306 is part of the Kop, so how can someone both know they're the score and think they're the score at the same time? Besides, no body ever SITS in 306. Get your facts straight.

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 9, 2011, 01:53:43 am »

i just seen a picture of the problem.. how did that happen?  how comes the other corner on the kop doesn't get an obliterated view of the corner flag on the opposite side with the paddock falling in line with it? block 102

that's a right nuisance. the edge panels of the centenary blocks a shedload out in kop 102.. i just been looking at the stadium plan - restricted views

kop 304 omg.  306.

ffs @ pk4 pk6 and pk7 and they give them a pound off for that?? 

think i ought to jot down the restricted view seats.. could be handy for future reference
« Last Edit: February 9, 2011, 02:15:18 am by johnsouthwales »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2011, 11:26:40 am »

I was the same mate. Up until the club brought in the All Red membership it was almost impossible for me and two mates to get to games without using the equivalent of a thomas cook rip off merchant. Back then we would have spent sometimes £250-£300 and thats before we even bought a pint. We would have been lucky to get to 2 games a season due to the cost. Now tho since the All Red has come in weve picked the games when the fixtures have been released and never had any problems getting tickets. As you mention, it is damn fucking annoying being labelled as an OOT or DAYTRIPPER. Try to get to as many games as possible but 7 would be the max due to other commitments. It still costs almost £250 to £300 a time but that is now all in rather than travel and ticket only. Our journey would start on a friday/saturday night on an 8 hour boat getting 4 hours sleeo and would end on sunday/monday morning. Not just a case of grabbing your coat and dandering up the road. Throw into the equation time off work, a weekend I could have spent with my 4 year old kid, and The aforementioned £250 everytime.

On topic though, ins in for me. Obviously my preferred seating/standing area is 306 as i hate sitting there in silence and being looked down upon for trying to start a bit of atmosphere anywhere else. Anny Road would probably be my second choice if Kop wasnt available. Best of the rest I suppose as when Ive sat in centenary or main stand the atmosphere has been nothing short of abysmal. Remember being at Bolton on boxing day in 08 in upper centenary and trying to join in with a song and the stuck up bitch beside me had the nerve to ask me to stop singing so loudly in her ear. Fuck Off to the opera ye oul bat.

Onwards and upwards, 306 for the mancs. 306 for newcastle too hopefully. Rant well and truly over
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2011, 02:56:09 pm »
that's a draw back coming from northern ireland, f@cking about on a ship for 8 hours one way.. the fare is reasonable, kipping on a ship is no joke, plus there's the return journey to take into account.. unless paid extra for a cabin.. £80-100 each foot passenger.

another option would be take a car if there's two or more going, sail to stanraer 2 hours and drive down (should save 2 hours) and cost £120 plus fuel.

some ship leaving belfast friday night and arrive in birkenhead at 6.30am gawd - long day £56 return
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:21:59 pm by johnsouthwales »