Author Topic: Driving Lessons  (Read 99502 times)

Offline Mr Premier League

• Kopite
Re: Driving Lessons
« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2010, 09:54:09 am »
Thanks Dude, good luck on yours.

I think once you get going on it, any nerves you have acts like a focusing energy that makes you remmeber everything you have learnt.

You just have to watch for assholes that could make you fail through no fault of your own. I kinda took my test slow, getting stuck behinf milk floats helped, haha.
Join my Circus.

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2010, 11:25:46 am »
Passed mine on the 11th after about 35hours of lessons, first time, 2 minor errors - one right at the start for hesitation at a roundabout and the other in the last 30 seconds of the test coming off a one-way system.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #202 on: June 4, 2010, 09:25:12 am »
Passed this morning. 3 minor faults. Absolutely chuffed, I needed something good to happen after the last couple of days.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #203 on: June 4, 2010, 10:50:45 am »
Well done mate, great feeling.

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: June 4, 2010, 06:35:11 pm »
Done about twelve lessons, gonna book my theory test later and get that over and done with.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2010, 12:56:15 pm »
well done lads, i hope to have my provisional by christmas.. hope santy can fit a car down the chimney ;D

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2010, 07:18:11 pm »
Booked my theory test for 6th of July, got some good revision CD's and books except im shit at revising, got loads of free time though. How many hours of revision did those of you who have a drivers license do for your theory test?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2010, 07:23:38 pm »
Booked my theory test for 6th of July, got some good revision CD's and books except im shit at revising, got loads of free time though. How many hours of revision did those of you who have a drivers license do for your theory test?

Well I had a job at a call centre where I was able to read stuff I wanted, so I took the theory questions book and blasted through it in 8 hours - did a couple of mock tests with the CD both of which I passed, then did the real thing the next day and passed :D

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2010, 07:27:36 pm »
had a quick scan through the book, new a lot of it already since its mainly just common sense.

Wrote down a few things I didn't know, read them on the train going to the theory test centre in town, threw the paper in the bin on the way in, passed it with only 2 wrong and passed my driving test a week later!

Been driving nearly a year now! :)

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2010, 07:30:15 pm »
Well I had a job at a call centre where I was able to read stuff I wanted, so I took the theory questions book and blasted through it in 8 hours - did a couple of mock tests with the CD both of which I passed, then did the real thing the next day and passed :D

:) Ha that sounds convienient. Think ill just get my head down and do loads of questions and mocks. Although thats easier said then done for me ;D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2010, 10:31:06 am »

I put in a about 4 or 5 hours on the CD doing mock exams and that was plenty. I got 48/50 in the theory and 62/75 in the hazard perception.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2010, 04:46:23 pm »
Finally got my drivers licence card through which reminded me to post on here.

Passed with 2 minors.  One for stalling when pulling from junction on the last turn into test centre to finish my test, and one for not going around a mini roundabout enough.

Well happy with that.  I had to reverse park and turn in the road as my manouvers.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2010, 04:50:35 pm »
Got my drivers licence through a few days ago. I passed with 6 minors the same as I had on my first test but had 2 serious on that one.

I had todo the 2 hardest manouvers imo parrallel parking and reverse around a corner.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2010, 09:32:22 pm »
I put in a about 4 or 5 hours on the CD doing mock exams and that was plenty. I got 48/50 in the theory and 62/75 in the hazard perception.

Sounds good i've done about 2 and a half hours so far, just been doing  practice questions from a CD. I like the way they ask you a question and then repeat it in a slightly different way later on, helps me remember the stuff i otherwise wouldn't .

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: July 6, 2010, 07:34:26 pm »
Passed my theory test today got 100% (50 out of 50) on the theory questions and 70% (54 out of 77) in the hazard perception. Quite chuffed with that :)

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: July 6, 2010, 08:13:22 pm »
Fuck this thread makes me feel old.  I passed my test over 21 years ago.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: July 6, 2010, 10:54:50 pm »
got my test booked for the 23rd of next Month. 7 week wait there is.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: July 6, 2010, 11:38:29 pm »

taking your test in wales?

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #218 on: July 6, 2010, 11:42:09 pm »

When I did mine 7 years ago there was the same kind of wait.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: July 22, 2010, 09:34:38 pm »
Managed to fail my driving test in Leeds last month, got 20 minors, 5 of which culminated to make 1 serious.

Anyway, have been learning back home (Birmingham) now I've finished Uni and the guy who is teaching me did a mock test this week, and he gave me 8 Serious errors and 51 minors. Is this guy being a twat or do test centres leniency vary massively and he is scoring me how they would.

Offline Randy Marsh

• Bastard Child of Roy Hodgson
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'We love you Randy'
« Reply #220 on: July 22, 2010, 09:39:18 pm »
Managed to fail my driving test in Leeds last month, got 20 minors, 5 of which culminated to make 1 serious.

Anyway, have been learning back home (Birmingham) now I've finished Uni and the guy who is teaching me did a mock test this week, and he gave me 8 Serious errors and 51 minors. Is this guy being a twat or do test centres leniency vary massively and he is scoring me how they would.

Your Instructor tends to be a fair bit harsher when doing mock tests just so you dont get cocky. But 51 minors is pretty bad ;D (I failed 3 times and still cant drive btw.)
"What do you wanna do huh, what do you wanna do"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 22, 2010, 09:42:09 pm »
51 minor errors? Good lord.

I of course passed first time, even though when I was asked to stop the car when the test had come to an end, I parked outside a house but blocked the drive :)

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: July 22, 2010, 09:46:48 pm »
51 minor errors? Good lord.

I of course passed first time, even though when I was asked to stop the car when the test had come to an end, I parked outside a house but blocked the drive :)

So how did you make up for it?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: July 22, 2010, 09:50:11 pm »

I sense where this is going

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #224 on: July 23, 2010, 06:25:12 pm »
Poor KH doesn't really have a chance does she.  ;D
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: July 23, 2010, 06:28:21 pm »

Advice: taking off your blindfold will improve your driving ability.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2010, 06:30:19 pm »

stop trying to get into the back seat every 5 seconds.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: July 23, 2010, 06:36:53 pm »

I see what you did there.

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2010, 09:13:27 pm »
stop trying to get into the back seat every 5 seconds.

My theory is that its a mixture of my first driving instructor being shit and not teaching me properly, me being shit, and my new instructor wanting to make a point that I need to start from scratch and learn properly (pay him more money).

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2010, 05:03:30 pm »

Sounds like he counted every mirror missed.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #230 on: July 25, 2010, 11:04:53 am »
I was taking lessons about 3 years ago, but I took my theory and pissed it (got 1 question wrong) but failed the hazard perception.  Decided they only introduced the hazard perception aspect to make more money from re-takes, so binned it off and renewed my bus pass.   >:(
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: July 25, 2010, 11:07:19 am »
I was taking lessons about 3 years ago, but I took my theory and pissed it (got 1 question wrong) but failed the hazard perception.  Decided they only introduced the hazard perception aspect to make more money from re-takes, so binned it off and renewed my bus pass.   >:(

Im sorry but ;D

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 25, 2010, 11:59:05 am »

Using that as evidence of your decision making, I think the roads are safer with you in the bus ;)

Offline Blamire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well, it worked in Sweden.
« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2010, 10:29:06 am »
First lesson today..eek!

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2010, 01:50:25 pm »
Using that as evidence of your decision making, I think the roads are safer with you in the bus ;)

;D  :lickin
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2010, 02:25:49 pm »

It could be worse. I've failed so many tests, i've lost count of how many i've taken. My last one i  almost caused a car crash. Just seemed to get worse with each test.  Even had to retake my theory test because it had expired  :(.

Got another one coming up soon, so lets hope it's 5/6/7  :-\ times lucky  8).

Offline Graceless

• Main Stander
« Reply #236 on: July 26, 2010, 02:43:45 pm »
It could be worse. I've failed so many tests, i've lost count of how many i've taken. My last one i  almost caused a car crash. Just seemed to get worse with each test.  Even had to retake my theory test because it had expired  :(.

Got another one coming up soon, so lets hope it's 5/6/7  :-\ times lucky  8).

You'll be fine, I'm sure.  I was terrible in all my tests.  Really bad.  I reversed into another car!  By the time I passed mine, all I had to do was get out of the driveway in one piece   ;D

20 years later... I doubt I 'd pass another drivers test.   ;D

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: July 26, 2010, 02:45:49 pm »

20 years later... I doubt I 'd pass another drivers test.   ;D

Which is probably scarily accurate for about 90% of road users.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #238 on: September 20, 2010, 06:26:33 pm »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: June 7, 2011, 01:33:25 am »
I've had about 6 1 hour lessons now. At the beginning my instructor said on average it takes 20 lessons. I reckon I could maybe do it in 12, maybe 15. Just need to cut out wee stupid things. Every manouver he's showed me Ive nailed in 2 goes. How much is a theory these days? Is it onlly the Theory, Hazard Perception, and Driving test or is there more? Gutted I didnt do this 12 years ago. £20 a lesson now. £9 maybe less for a lesson when I was 17

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT