Author Topic: Posting from other forums/cribbing about what other fans are saying  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
Is there any way we can ban this nonsense, or at least have some sort of clamp down please?

Infesting the site lately. "They said this, they said that". This should be a wonderful time to be on RAWK, among other Liverpool supporters, three wins (possibly less) away from a league title, but such joy is stifled by inane quotes and cribbing about what other supporters are saying.

If I wanted to know what others were saying, I'd sign up to their forums and contribute.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Posting from other forums/cribbing about what other fans are saying
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:59:43 pm »
Hear hear.   :wave

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 01:21:07 am »
I don't see a problem with it to be honest. As long as it says out of the Liverpool forum like.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline khalilur

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 01:41:07 am »
It does feel a bit small time though. As if we have nothing better to do than trawl over every post in other clubs forum in the hope of finding the most cringeworthy post and then posting it back here saying, "Can you believe there's a knobhead who said this!!" in excited girly tones. And then starting to crow how small time their fans are.

It doesn't serve any purpose. Why do you think there's a RAWK Meltdown thread elsewhere? Because idiots at other forums decided to trawl for idiots at RAWK as well. Then they can happily say that all RAWKites are idiots based on a few posts.

Don't be like them, please.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 01:49:19 am »
I think the fact that the Moyes thread has over a 1000 pages is pathetic, but whatever, I understand people want to enjoy Man United's misery.

But quoting what someone has said on another forum? It adds absolutely zilch to the forum, other than to encourage idiotic responses.

'Bluemoon said we have been lucky with injuries'. So what? What do you want me to do? Sign up and express my outrage?

If you're so troubled by it, sign up and offer a defence.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 02:19:15 am »
I admit to being complicit in this. It may be small time but having a look on Redcafe after United have lost a game or something can be quite amusing. That said, I only copy and paste comments that are flat out hilarious or delusional and it's not a regular thing.

Generally though I agree with you, moaning about the opinion of another fan seems futile. I mean you can't expect anything other than biased opinions, it's the same for everybody. People want to discredit us any which way they can, and all people should do is just laugh and smile.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 05:05:53 am »
I don't mind laughing at the stupids, but turning what other forums say on other fans that post here is annoying.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 07:43:58 am »
Fot the most part these comments are usually reserved for their related clubs threads. You could just swerve them. You think the Moyes thread is pathetic? Dont go in there

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 09:54:51 am »
Fot the most part these comments are usually reserved for their related clubs threads. You could just swerve them. You think the Moyes thread is pathetic? Dont go in there
No, I think the fact it has so many pages is pathetic. The thread itself is amusing, hence why I distanced it from my complaint above.

And why should I have to stop going into a thread? I signed up to RAWK. RAWK is the only forum I use as its coverage of all topics is unrivalled, certainly that I've come across anyway. I signed up to read RAWK and contribute to it. I haven't signed up to Bluemoon or any other forum, as I'm not interested in their take on things. If I ever do become interested, I'll be sure to sign up. The notion that a member should have to avoid threads is ridiculous. I avoid many threads because I'm not interested in them, but I am interested in football.

At the very least, can we have a single thread for people to post quotes from other forums, so people can ridicule/laugh at/get angry at in one place.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 10:45:29 am »
If you wish to visit other fan's forums and laugh at what they're saying, that's up to you, but it is wearing a tad thin now and we have enough shite posts of our own without you lot pulling in all kinds of crap from elsewhere.

That doesn't mean that I agree with AWWYC, though. Mere coincidence.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 10:50:41 am »
That doesn't mean that I agree with AWWYC, though. Mere coincidence.
The 22/04/2014 will stand among the great dates of history.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 12:46:24 pm »
Posters on RedCafe agree with this thread, just been over and checked.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 03:04:18 pm »
No, I think the fact it has so many pages is pathetic. The thread itself is amusing, hence why I distanced it from my complaint above.

And why should I have to stop going into a thread? I signed up to RAWK. RAWK is the only forum I use as its coverage of all topics is unrivalled, certainly that I've come across anyway. I signed up to read RAWK and contribute to it. I haven't signed up to Bluemoon or any other forum, as I'm not interested in their take on things. If I ever do become interested, I'll be sure to sign up. The notion that a member should have to avoid threads is ridiculous. I avoid many threads because I'm not interested in them, but I am interested in football.

At the very least, can we have a single thread for people to post quotes from other forums, so people can ridicule/laugh at/get angry at in one place.
There are things in those threads that can annoy me too, like the youtube links with no description of what it is, that lead to channels that then come up in my youtube recommendations. But i understand that not everyone knows how to embed. For every post you come across that's mildly annoying, theres a 100 good posts around the place. We cant all be on the same page. Just get on with it

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 03:19:50 pm »
There are things in those threads that can annoy me too, like the youtube links with no description of what it is, that lead to channels that then come up in my youtube recommendations. But i understand that not everyone knows how to embed. For every post you come across that's mildly annoying, theres a 100 good posts around the place. We cant all be on the same page. Just get on with it

Copying and pasting whining posts from Bluemoon is totally useless. Plenty of posts annoy me on RAWK, but it's a fellow member posting it, so I have no problem with it, I can respond to it if I wish. I don't want something banned, just because it annoys me, I want it banned because it adds the square root of nothing to the site.

Claire seems to agree :P so hopefully we have a cure for this ailment.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 04:10:47 pm »
Copying and pasting whining posts from Bluemoon is totally useless. Plenty of posts annoy me on RAWK, but it's a fellow member posting it, so I have no problem with it, I can respond to it if I wish. I don't want something banned, just because it annoys me, I want it banned because it adds the square root of nothing to the site.

Claire seems to agree :P so hopefully we have a cure for this ailment.

I could just ban you and then it sort of solves this issue :D

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 04:23:51 pm »

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 07:45:42 pm »
I could just ban you and then it sort of solves this issue :D

Imagine the weight that would be lifted off the servers?
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 07:49:51 pm »
We have to wade through your shite so why not posts from another teams forum.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 07:55:53 pm »
And here was me naively expecting a stellar counter argument from you.

Nope, just the standard personal jibe.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 07:59:00 pm »
And here was me naively expecting a stellar counter argument from you.

Nope, just the standard personal jibe.
Had nothing else to say to you.

But actually can I start a thread about banning posters who go into a thread to purposely wind people up because I find that much more annoying that posts from other forums being posted.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 08:19:45 pm »

:lmao

Was just about to post that. The irony of AWWYC asking for some quality control of the posts on this forum!

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 08:22:54 pm »
Had nothing else to say to you.

But actually can I start a thread about banning posters who go into a thread to purposely wind people up because I find that much more annoying that posts from other forums being posted.
Certainly don't stop on my account.

You also have the cushion of reporting people to moderators. As I've mentioned before though, I have never once, not once, been warned by moderators for winding people up. Been accused of it hundreds of times, warned zero. Zilch. Never even had a moderator have a polite word about it. I'm sure if a moderator has an issue with my posting, they'll have a word.

Anyway, you've dragged this thread off course, yet call me a wind up merchant. OK.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 08:33:49 pm »
Certainly don't stop on my account.

You also have the cushion of reporting people to moderators. As I've mentioned before though, I have never once, not once, been warned by moderators for winding people up. Been accused of it hundreds of times, warned zero. Zilch. Never even had a moderator have a polite word about it. I'm sure if a moderator has an issue with my posting, they'll have a word.

Anyway, you've dragged this thread off course, yet call me a wind up merchant. OK.
Off topic - SOME of your posts are designed to wind people up for attention, fact.

On topic - why don't you just not read the posts from other forums if you don't like it ,I for one don't go on other teams forums but I do enjoy the odd funny post which Rawkites bring to our attention as do others.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 08:52:55 pm »
I have to say god help me but I agree with AWWYC.   It's okay in small doses to post what other forums are saying but like the Everton thread lately it's been almost on a daily basis.  Who cares what Bluemoon or Redcafe are saying about us?.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2014, 11:05:24 pm »
Quit posting links from wool forums.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy