Poll

How do we think the UK Will do - Assuming Brexit happens (Hard or Soft..)

Things will be brilliant from the word go and will get better every week!
Things will start off a bit dodgy, but over time things gradually improve and get better
Things will start off dodgy and remain that way for the forseeable future
Things will start off dodgy and then decline slightly with things getting a bit worse
Complete clusterfuck from start to finish

Author Topic: Brexit - doesn't really seem to be a very good idea does it? (*)  (Read 870204 times)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Re: Brexit - What would those in power get out of it? The Fallout Thread..
« Reply #3960 on: March 29, 2017, 07:17:04 pm »
I'm not trying to change your mind - you're* so fucking stupid that any coherent argument would be like arguing with a banana.

So - why did you vote leave? If you're going to admit that it's cos you're racist or stupid or gullible, that's fine. If not - then I'd be amazed.

So no dodging if you're not stupid or racist or xenophobic or gullible then why?

* Not you personally - the en-masse brexiteer
I can think of one massive positives for leaving,

Now the UK government has no excuse for effing up - they can't say their hands are tied by EU laws.

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #3961 on: March 29, 2017, 07:18:58 pm »

Now the UK government has no excuse for effing up - they can't say their hands are tied by EU laws.

They would be tied by WTO rules or countless other reasons. Politicians just do not mea culpa.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3962 on: March 29, 2017, 07:23:36 pm »
The Khmer Rouge genocide was built on the solid principle that young children and the elderly were not productive members of the workers collective. The Nazis had solid principles. As do Islamists.

Would you mind giving us an overview of Rees-Mogg's speech because I genuinely can't bear to listen to him today (or any day, for that matter)?

I watched a programme that the French wanted resources and convinced an area that the people living in another area were not human - they were evil animals. The atrocities that followed were beyond belief. Felt traumatised even watching it
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3963 on: March 29, 2017, 07:24:29 pm »

Ha ha can't help yourself can you. No dodging

Answer the question.

You can't can you?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3964 on: March 29, 2017, 07:29:27 pm »

That's up there with some of the stupidest reasons I've read yet for leaving. And it's got some stiff competition.

What happens if the Tories lose the next election, and a Labour/Lib Dem coalition get in. Won't they have the excuse 'well it's all the brexiters fault for taking us out of the EU' if they fuck up?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:33:10 pm by kennedy81 »

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3965 on: March 29, 2017, 07:31:40 pm »
Theresa May is so unimpressive,never says anything of value.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #3966 on: March 29, 2017, 07:37:39 pm »
'They voted to take us out of the European Union, they didn't vote themselves out of a job at the same time.'

Uhh, yes they did Mr Corbyn.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Rastas

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3967 on: March 29, 2017, 07:41:40 pm »
https://youtu.be/hLqDIZwr378?t=2m47s

I'd say that the majority are stupid, racists, xenophobes and islamaphobes.

You see it every day every time they open their stupid racist xenophobic gobs.

Every argument I've had with them are either 'facts' from the Daily Fail (Easily refuted) and pretty much always boil down to out and out racism.

You're all clearly fucking thick and racist twats - why not admit it?

Got to admit it goes way over my head, can you clearly explain to a simpleton what exactly he was saying that was wrong?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3968 on: March 29, 2017, 07:43:09 pm »

She is a politician very good at not answering questions she doesn't want too. Which in this case is just about everything.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3969 on: March 29, 2017, 07:44:35 pm »
There's some absolute beauts out there.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/29/brexit-battle-hastings-norman-conquest-article-50

Joy proudly tells of how his family goes back all the way to Hastings in the 11th century. “The concept of being governed by an unelected body would have been absolutely abhorrent to anyone in those days. It’s almost like the state has been lost. It was like another takeover, we relinquished our law and power to an unelected body,” he says .

:lmao :lmao :lmao

How do you even begin to argue with these people?
Ignorance is bliss, we've opened box 13 and it's going to be fab.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3970 on: March 29, 2017, 07:49:13 pm »

54% do trust her to do a good job of Brexit though (33% do not), according to a Sky News poll today.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3971 on: March 29, 2017, 07:49:31 pm »

She is incredibly weird. Probably because she was a vicars daughter. Something very strange about her mannerisms and style of speaking.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3972 on: March 29, 2017, 07:50:47 pm »
54% do trust her to do a good job of Brexit though (33% do not), according to a Sky News poll today.

Where do they find these people? They probably only asked in areas which backed leave.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3973 on: March 29, 2017, 07:55:42 pm »
Where do they find these people? They probably only asked in areas which backed leave.

That 54% is up by 8% since October too.

http://news.sky.com/story/sky-data-brexit-poll-britons-predict-may-eu-success-but-are-split-on-scotland-10817747
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:57:21 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3974 on: March 29, 2017, 07:58:06 pm »

Despite her weird style she actually conveys a sense of calm and order, the sort of which people who dont engage in politics (namely most people) actually like.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3975 on: March 29, 2017, 07:59:07 pm »

Got to admit it goes way over my head, can you clearly explain to a simpleton what exactly he was saying that was wrong?

Contribute or fuck off. What did you vote?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #3976 on: March 29, 2017, 07:59:44 pm »
So, I hear and read much about the unpopularity of Brexit, unhappiness with current UK governance, and that Brexit was treated as a fait accompli when 27% of eligible voters were for it.  I'm simplifying things down to my level but this sounds A LOT like Agent Orange and his band of lying liars.  Why can't people protesting in a peaceful manner avoid Brexit?  Why can't you derail this runaway train?  Why don't I hear about British people protesting everyday every way?

Just to add to other replies. With Trump, you have the Democrats to coalesce around. Yes, the demonstrations against things seemed very spontaneous but a fuckton of activist work went into them and the Democrats political machine piled on behind. Sure, the Democrats are a very multifaceted coalition but it's one which can win elections. Here, the main opposition party threw the towel in the day after Brexit. That left a discredited third party to try and find a voice - or the Nationalist parties (see Scottish referendum on leaving the UK under the SNP). Protest needs to be followed up with political power and we're fucked on that score.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3978 on: March 29, 2017, 08:00:55 pm »
Despite her weird style she actually conveys a sense of calm and order, the sort of which people who dont engage in politics (namely most people) actually like.

Well if she has a few more days like today then people will change, especially when the leavers don't get their dearest wishes granted.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3979 on: March 29, 2017, 08:01:11 pm »

Calm and order? Like father Douglas McQuire?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3980 on: March 29, 2017, 08:06:34 pm »
Calm and order? Like father Douglas McQuire?

As she leads us over a cliff.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #3981 on: March 29, 2017, 08:06:38 pm »

One can't complain about a referendum question being posed more than once and then still not look a tit when you're claiming that if the answer goes your way then asking more than once is fine. Rees Mogg's nanny would be cross with him for such a hypocritical stance. The Commission is appointed by democratically elected governments, who send a democratically accountable minister to the council of ministers while the European Parliament is elected. That's as far as I've got, or intend to go, with Rees Mogg who, no doubt, is quite happy that the leader of the country has been chosen by a group of MPs from among themselves and that leader wields the prerogative powers of a completely unelected monarch - and who attempted to claim that she could use those powers to abrogate my rights without even a vote in Parliament. The EU system does need clearing up. It's not, however, undemocratic.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 08:08:09 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3982 on: March 29, 2017, 08:14:05 pm »
May didn't answer any of Neil's questionsand looked a bit uncomfortable.

Corbyn seemed very relaxed and pleased about the situation, not uncomfortable at all.  You could draw the conclusion that's he's happy about the whole thing.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3983 on: March 29, 2017, 08:15:31 pm »

The son of Lord Rees-Mogg moaning about undemocratic structures...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3984 on: March 29, 2017, 08:17:17 pm »
May didn't answer any of Neil's questionsand looked a bit uncomfortable.

Corbyn seemed very relaxed and pleased about the situation, not uncomfortable at all.  You could draw the conclusion that's he's happy about the whole thing.

And their lies the problem, no one from the two main parties is repsenting the views or fears from those who did not vote for leaving the EU. As a group we have been systimatically cast aside, and now its happening we are expected to get on the road to hell and be happy about it. Well I'm not and I won't.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3985 on: March 29, 2017, 08:17:49 pm »
Sky Data interviewed a nationally representative sample of 1,018 Sky customers by SMS on 29 March 2017. Data is weighted to the profile of the population

A poll by text. Nasty.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3986 on: March 29, 2017, 08:19:37 pm »

In the interest of fairness, I gave him a listen. Had to turn it off however when he started blaming the EU for the rise of far-right politics in Europe. The ramblings of a lunatic.

Also, has anyone else noticed...? Uncanny.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3987 on: March 29, 2017, 08:20:23 pm »
aye, she sounds like she's on top of things and sounds convincing, her actions and results are often different to that

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3988 on: March 29, 2017, 08:31:11 pm »
aye, she sounds like she's on top of things and sounds convincing, her actions and results are often different to that

She's polled strongly for years with the public and Tory members so its absolutely no surprise that in this pre-negotiation, phony war she has polled strongly and come out looking good.

Thankfully, she is one of the least dynamic politicians going (which takes some doing in this age).

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3989 on: March 29, 2017, 08:56:28 pm »
Sky Data interviewed a nationally representative sample of 1,018 Sky customers by SMS on 29 March 2017. Data is weighted to the profile of the population

A poll by text. Nasty.

Sky Data are not members of the British Polling Council so pretty much any polling standards are out the window.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3990 on: March 29, 2017, 09:00:20 pm »

A poll by text. Nasty.

A poll of Sky customers who are happy to answer political questions asked by their broadband/media provider, via text. Hardly a representative sample of the population.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3991 on: March 29, 2017, 09:06:08 pm »
People that vote Brexit are not coherent. I challenge any Brexiters.  Make an argument

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #3992 on: March 29, 2017, 09:07:49 pm »

Also, has anyone else noticed...? Uncanny.

With a slight touch of Charles Hawtrey
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3993 on: March 29, 2017, 09:08:34 pm »
People that vote Brexit are not coherent. I challenge any Brexiters.  Make an argument

Arguments in the Monty Python sense is not a bad analogy for what you will get. I believe you meant to ask for a coherent argument.

Offline Rastas

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3994 on: March 29, 2017, 09:08:52 pm »
Contribute or fuck off. What did you vote?
I didn't vote mate, hence why I'm not bed wetting. However if I had of voted I would like to think I would accept the decision of the people without cry arsing.

Quite interesting that you couldn't disprove anything he said, thanks to the others who attempted some sort of answer for a simpleton.

Watched a bit of Tommy Robinson "I know, don't tell me, I'm a racist, bigot etc... ::)" interviewing some of those who were protesting for the remain the other day, quite amusing really considering the general theme on here is anyone who voted leave is thick as pig shit and didn't know what they were voting for.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3995 on: March 29, 2017, 09:15:37 pm »
I didn't vote mate, hence why I'm not bed wetting. However if I had of voted I would like to think I would accept the decision of the people without cry arsing.

Quite interesting that you couldn't disprove anything he said, thanks to the others who attempted some sort of answer for a simpleton.

Watched a bit of Tommy Robinson "I know, don't tell me, I'm a racist, bigot etc... ::)" interviewing some of those who were protesting for the remain the other day, quite amusing really considering the general theme on here is anyone who voted leave is thick as pig shit and didn't know what they were voting for.

It's pretty funny to see someone who didn't even have the courage of their own convictions to vote either way dishing out criticism of cry arsing.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3996 on: March 29, 2017, 09:19:20 pm »

I disagree I think they knew EXACTLY what they voted for

And none of this has fuck all to do with you. You didn't even fucking vote

Offline Rastas

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3997 on: March 29, 2017, 09:19:29 pm »
It's pretty funny to see someone who didn't even have the courage of their own convictions to vote either way dishing out criticism of cry arsing.
No courage required mate, thought both sides were full of shit and didn't believe a word from either. I'm just gonna ride it out, which in essence is what we all have to do now, isn't it?

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3998 on: March 29, 2017, 09:21:47 pm »
Have these Brexiteers fist-pumping at the prospect of getting rid of immigrants seen David Davis' comments about immigration levels post-Brexit..? I'm gonna laugh my balls off when they finally realise they've been completely had off and been sold a pup.

Absolutely ridiculous its come to this. Some people have no grasp of the size of the task facing us, "just get on it with" will not suffice.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3999 on: March 29, 2017, 09:23:59 pm »

The decision of the people wasn't a hard Brexit so why are you criticizing people for arguing this point.
You may not realize it but you've fell for the hard right leave campaigners speeches.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis