Author Topic: Anime Anyone?  (Read 78841 times)

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
Re: Anime Anyone?
« Reply #400 on: April 4, 2016, 04:00:12 pm »
Anyone else with Netflix recommend the best series on there?  I've done Attack on Titan and couldn't really get into Space Dandy, tapped out after around 5 episodes.

Got loads on there. From death note, blood lad, blue exorcist, full metal alchemist, gurren lagann, sword art online etc. Loads of others.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #401 on: April 6, 2016, 04:34:11 pm »
One Punch Man.

This.  A very entertaining pisstake on battle manga. 
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #402 on: April 6, 2016, 04:57:09 pm »
Anyone tried Dimension W on Adult Swim? Pretty good so far :wave

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: April 25, 2016, 04:51:31 pm »
485 episodes of one piece down. All I can say is whitebeard, blackbeard, ace, akainu, garp, maggellan, hancock, the lot of them. It's like crack. Can't stop watching it then it hits 2am when I actually look at the clock and I think I've got to be up in about 4 hours for work. And that's having watched 485 episodes. Too addictive

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #404 on: April 25, 2016, 05:51:10 pm »
485 episodes of one piece down. All I can say is whitebeard, blackbeard, ace, akainu, garp, maggellan, hancock, the lot of them. It's like crack. Can't stop watching it then it hits 2am when I actually look at the clock and I think I've got to be up in about 4 hours for work. And that's having watched 485 episodes. Too addictive

I hate to be like "I told you so," but ...  ;D It was exactly the same for me and for exactly the same reasons. These characters are so fucking good. The plot is so fucking good. It is everything. I still haven't restarted after stopping at 635, so I've got about 100 set up for a summer binge as soon as I finish grading final exams in a few weeks  ;D
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: June 3, 2016, 08:21:39 pm »
I hate to be like "I told you so," but ...  ;D It was exactly the same for me and for exactly the same reasons. These characters are so fucking good. The plot is so fucking good. It is everything. I still haven't restarted after stopping at 635, so I've got about 100 set up for a summer binge as soon as I finish grading final exams in a few weeks  ;D

Well I've watched just over a hundred since then.  Stopped watching anything else.  Few things, preferred Frankies styling before the skip and Trafalgar Law is boss.  Although he's only just re-entered so there will be a lot more involving him in it I reckon

Offline DominicQ

• Kopite
« Reply #406 on: June 3, 2016, 10:36:25 pm »
Got around to finishing Iron Blooded Orphans. Fucking hell. I though 00 was good, but this is ridiculous.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #407 on: June 4, 2016, 11:05:53 am »
Got around to finishing Iron Blooded Orphans. Fucking hell. I though 00 was good, but this is ridiculous.

Let down by the lack of death at the finale but all in all a really good series. Season 2 coming along soon hopefully. After a rebellion comes the war.

I finally got round to watching Ghost in the Shell (the 1995 movie) the other night, totally nonsensical ;D Gf tells me the tv show explores the themes a lot more so thats next on the list. Can see how the movie blew peoples minds 20 years ago though. You can clearly see how that and Evangelion together over a couple of years changed the game and expectations.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #408 on: June 4, 2016, 11:22:29 am »
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and Big Order are really good atm!

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: June 4, 2016, 06:11:05 pm »
I checked out Sword of the Stranger after seeing some gifs of it last week, fairly straight-forward story, but by god is the animation in those fight scenes amazing.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: June 9, 2016, 06:08:07 am »
Re: Zero is fantastic this season. I highly recommend people check it out. Kiznaiver is also great as a character drama.

Mayoiga is basically Lost the anime.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #411 on: June 9, 2016, 09:09:01 am »
Mayoiga is basically Lost the anime.

Fucking hate it, it's so shit. Or maybe it's good because I hate the characters that much? I dunno, but yeah I am gonna go with hate.

Offline Greys0n

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #412 on: June 10, 2016, 12:19:41 pm »
I love Noragami and Tokyo Ghoul

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: July 7, 2016, 07:23:11 pm »
Finished Death Note this week. Loved it. Where do I go next?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #414 on: July 8, 2016, 10:07:31 am »
Finished Death Note this week. Loved it. Where do I go next?

Take a look at Great Teacher Onizuka.  It's about this guy who is a massive pervert and hatches a plan to get a teaching job because the students seem to have the hots for their teachers.  He's also an ex gang member and karate expert so he smashes a few people here and there.  I watched the dubbed version and it was still pretty good (I like Steve Blum's work) but I think they might have the subbed versions on YouTube.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: July 8, 2016, 10:14:33 am »
Just finished the 1997 series of Berserk, loved it. There's a remastered version of it up on Youtube here if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjNTjG1mbE

However the bad thing is that it doesn't have the catchy theme tune at the start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cswv6JAdNpQ
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #416 on: July 8, 2016, 10:18:03 am »
Is there an OVA for Berserk?  Remember watching the original series back in the day and wanting a massive sword to carry around.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: July 8, 2016, 01:10:46 pm »
Is there an OVA for Berserk?  Remember watching the original series back in the day and wanting a massive sword to carry around.

Not sure, I just watched it on an app I have called Cinema Box and streamed it to the telly

Found the original on youtube here though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSg0J4RnNVI
« Last Edit: July 8, 2016, 01:12:44 pm by Live4pool »
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: July 9, 2016, 06:20:06 pm »
There's a new ongoing Berzerk TV series that's getting good reviews
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: July 9, 2016, 06:23:37 pm »
There's a new ongoing Berzerk TV series that's getting good reviews

Ah that's pretty cool, I watched the original series ages ago and then read a load of the manga and it's pretty consistently awesome. The show apparently continues on from the Gold Age Arc movies so I might have to give those a re-watch first and then pick it up.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: July 13, 2016, 07:02:20 pm »
Only just started One Piece recently. I'm on episode 46 atm. I know I've got ages to go but I can already see why it's hyped the way it is.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: July 29, 2016, 04:39:52 pm »
Gantz:O movie trailer.  Apparently, it covers the Osaka story arc.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2a1ca6Z24-0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2a1ca6Z24-0</a>

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: July 29, 2016, 07:52:35 pm »
Are you guys watching Re:ZERO? Brilliant show so far. This week's episode is meant to be phenomenal, they've got billboards up in Japan just to promote the single episode.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: August 3, 2016, 07:20:03 am »
Just seen something saying William Dafoe has been cast as ryuk in a new death note film. Can't see how they can fit it into a film for a start and can't be arsed watching it set in fucking new York and with light as the actual good guy or whatever stupid shit they do.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #424 on: August 3, 2016, 11:17:22 am »
Enjoying Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin (Alderamin on the Sky)

It's about a guy who becomes a military tactician and whatnot but he's not really into fighting so he uses advanced methods to win and whatnot but also there are subplots and whatnot, I'm no good at explaining but really recommend it.

Taboo Tattoo seems cool too, I would call it average atm but seems to be getting better.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: August 4, 2016, 01:37:30 am »
Are you guys watching Re:ZERO? Brilliant show so far. This week's episode is meant to be phenomenal, they've got billboards up in Japan just to promote the single episode.

Agreed, great so far. It does seem to be getting a lot of hype.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: November 24, 2016, 12:33:49 pm »
Up to episode 734 of one piece and near the end of the dresserosa arc and want to let it pull away again as im nearly caught up.  So any recommendations on any new short series preferably with an actual end.  Only things I've never watched and got on my list that im making a start on is Bebop and grave of fireflies so will need a few more to get me through a year of not watching one piece.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: November 24, 2016, 01:15:47 pm »
Up to episode 734 of one piece and near the end of the dresserosa arc and want to let it pull away again as im nearly caught up.  So any recommendations on any new short series preferably with an actual end.  Only things I've never watched and got on my list that im making a start on is Bebop and grave of fireflies so will need a few more to get me through a year of not watching one piece.

I just finished Dressrosa about 2 months ago or so  ;D I watched up to be current at the time, which was I think 759, and they are on 765 going on 766 now. I don't know what I am going to do this time - I left it too long last time. It was great having another 100+ episode binge, but I was spoiler-guarding the whole time and I couldn't engage with the series at all as I waited and I don't want to go through that again.

One 12-episode series I really love, and use in my class, is "Another" - it's a ghost story and it is really cool. (I have this feeling like you may have seen it already though.)

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: November 24, 2016, 01:36:50 pm »
I just finished Dressrosa about 2 months ago or so  ;D I watched up to be current at the time, which was I think 759, and they are on 765 going on 766 now. I don't know what I am going to do this time - I left it too long last time. It was great having another 100+ episode binge, but I was spoiler-guarding the whole time and I couldn't engage with the series at all as I waited and I don't want to go through that again.

One 12-episode series I really love, and use in my class, is "Another" - it's a ghost story and it is really cool. (I have this feeling like you may have seen it already though.)

How long did you leave it till you started watching one piece again?  Not watched 'another' yet but I'm keen on any suggestions.  Been told my hero academia is a decent watch so might give that a try soon.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: November 24, 2016, 03:00:20 pm »
How long did you leave it till you started watching one piece again?  Not watched 'another' yet but I'm keen on any suggestions.  Been told my hero academia is a decent watch so might give that a try soon.

I stopped at 635 and waited until they were around 740 something or so, then they got to 759 as I was watching. It was like two years I guess between the time I stopped and started again. I was miserable for the first few episodes watching again because I felt disconnected from it and I was worried it wouldn't become as familiar as it had been, but things normalized after a short time and I was right back in there.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #430 on: February 3, 2017, 03:43:10 am »
Went to Tokyo in January and stayed in Shinjuku. Now over the last month I've watched the two anime movies called Your Name and Garden of Words. Both are just stunning and brought back so many memories. And like anyone, I'm a sucker for a bittersweet romance story too.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #431 on: February 3, 2017, 11:14:46 am »
used to watch Manga as a kid....

I remember loving the likes of ninja scroll, cyber city, guyver, fist of the north star, legend of the 4 kings (story ace; animation not so much), vampire hunter d, ghost in the shell, fist of the north star, 3x3 eyes etc.

Saw Akira re-release in cinema recently and been thinking to give something a watch, any recommendations stand out immediately for anything I've missed in the last 20-dd years?  :o

cheers
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: February 3, 2017, 11:59:10 am »
One Punch Man is boss ;D 8) :wave

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: March 23, 2017, 03:19:28 am »
https://youtu.be/zS9UW2xjdqE

Still not holding hope for this to be any good

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: March 23, 2017, 08:46:04 am »
Not exactly new but I thought Samurai Champloo was boss 8)

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: April 25, 2017, 05:01:38 pm »
Anyone else started the 2nd season of attack on titan?  Made the mistake of starting it with only 3 out and need to wait.  Will only be 12 episodes this season as well.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #436 on: April 25, 2017, 10:39:53 pm »
Anyone else started the 2nd season of attack on titan?  Made the mistake of starting it with only 3 out and need to wait.  Will only be 12 episodes this season as well.

Well.. there were 25 episodes in the first season, so I'm not sure what you're talking about?

I'm getting pretty impatient with it, to be honest. I might just read the manga, which is probably about 3 seasons ahead.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: April 26, 2017, 06:43:13 am »
Well.. there were 25 episodes in the first season, so I'm not sure what you're talking about?

I'm getting pretty impatient with it, to be honest. I might just read the manga, which is probably about 3 seasons ahead.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/3/31/15139898/attack-on-titan-season-2-episodes

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: April 26, 2017, 07:03:07 am »

I'll probably get round to watching it in 6 months or something, you can't have 4 years between seasons then come back with a shortened second season and expect me to give a shit anymore, especially when the manga is so far ahead. I appreciate the anime because it got me back into watching stuff but since it came out a lot of other shows have gone past it, most of which have a more reliable release schedule.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:04:41 am by Ultimate Bromance »
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: April 26, 2017, 08:22:47 am »
Watched the first one last night and frankly I didn't have a fucking Scooby doo what was going on.

Have they changed the art style too? Looks almost cell shaded now....that said it might always have looked like that and I just don't remember :o ::) ;D