Author Topic: The Apprentice  (Read 24033 times)

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Apprentice
« Reply #520 on: April 12, 2024, 06:19:11 pm »
In that case, it is strange he didn't agree to it. He was very clearly going to get hired.

To be fair he said the one business he had was worth £900k right? To give up half of 2 of them (and I assume all future ones) for £250,000 is getting robbed. £250,000 for one seems fair because if successful and with Lord Sugar connections could potentially be worth a couple of million.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #521 on: April 12, 2024, 08:59:42 pm »
I know we say this every year, but last night again really showcases the flaws in the whole concept.

Probably two of the standout candidates throughout the process sacked on the spot because their business plans were gibberish.

Wonder if they should do the assessment of the business plans up front and then go through the tasks? Although probably highly unlikely to get >10 business plans that would be viable.
Makes a mockery of the previous 10 episodes to be honest. Flo and Trey were stand out but because their business plans weren’t the best they are instantly fired. What’s the point of going through the previous 10 episodes?! Waste of time.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: April 12, 2024, 09:04:54 pm »
Makes a mockery of the previous 10 episodes to be honest. Flo and Trey were stand out but because their business plans weren’t the best they are instantly fired. What’s the point of going through the previous 10 episodes?! Waste of time.

Yeah the whole premise is stupid really. Mind you, even the name of the show makes no sense now as Sugar isn't giving them a job.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 09:06:30 pm by smicer07 »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #523 on: April 12, 2024, 10:37:06 pm »
Was weird with Paul (?), have they ever let someone just change their plan last minute like that before?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 12:00:45 am by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: April 12, 2024, 10:55:50 pm »
That business idea by Tre was the worst one pitched by any contestant ever.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #525 on: April 12, 2024, 11:37:56 pm »
Pleased for the final two... particularly Phil who's shown an admirable indefatigable spirit...
....thought the show had well ran out of steam but much to my surprise I've really enjoyed this series....the best for quite a while imo....looking forward to next week's final...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: April 12, 2024, 11:40:10 pm »
Hope lady with Gym business plan wins. Flo was the best candidate. Paul was nailed on for the final if he hadn't said no to Sugar's request (which was right thing to do).

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: April 13, 2024, 06:47:12 pm »

It's completely baffled me how he was allowed on the show with that. A snake oil product at best.

On Paul - I thought he was very smart to turn down the investment. Why would you give up 50% of an already profitable company? Alan was trying to do him over.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: April 13, 2024, 08:27:11 pm »
Yep, it was inconceivable that Sugar would opt for some unproved shite you lash down your grid presented with zero facts, figures or data. It was a fucking joke.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: April 13, 2024, 08:30:35 pm »
Both finalists have an existing company though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: April 13, 2024, 08:42:18 pm »

Yep and good ones. Once Phil explained his business and its current standing it was obvious that he was going through, a history of profit, it was established.

If Paul had gone through it would have been probably the strongest final businesses to have gone through.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: April 13, 2024, 08:48:40 pm »
It's completely baffled me how he was allowed on the show with that. A snake oil product at best.

On Paul - I thought he was very smart to turn down the investment. Why would you give up 50% of an already profitable company? Alan was trying to do him over.

He absolutely was right to turn it down, no way am I giving up that. However, with a history of running a successful dentistry practice, im surprised that Sugar didnt just go with investing in that second practice.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: April 13, 2024, 08:51:06 pm »
Yep, it was inconceivable that Sugar would opt for some unproved shite you lash down your grid presented with zero facts, figures or data. It was a fucking joke.

To be fair it was just a collection of well known vitamins in a drink. But the bigger problem was he didnt actually have a drink, a product, a package, a plan or a business. He just said im going to produce a drink, sell it and in 2030 it will be a brand worth £2m.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: April 13, 2024, 09:12:05 pm »
Absolutely, notwithstanding Tre's formula in every sense is dross, the pie guy might have something really appealing there.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: April 14, 2024, 09:12:34 am »
To be fair it was just a collection of well known vitamins in a drink. But the bigger problem was he didnt actually have a drink, a product, a package, a plan or a business. He just said im going to produce a drink, sell it and in 2030 it will be a brand worth £2m.

Well known vitamins in a drink that he was going to sell with a claim that it can boost testosterone levels. It's complete horseshit.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: Today at 04:59:49 pm »
Mind blown that Rachel won. I just can't see it being successful at all. The whole idea of "small boutique" gyms and a multi-million pound business chain just do not correlate.

Just goes together with all the other winners that have gone on to do fail though I guess.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #536 on: Today at 06:43:16 pm »
Was hard not to route for Phil after the journey he had to the final. Would definitely have picked him if it was my money as he had some proof of concept with 5 shops and clearly needed someone with some additional resources and crucially business acumen to give him support and advice. I struggle to see hers making a lot of money given the market and her approach to memberships but it’s his cash, not mine ;D