Author Topic: Getting angry at the right people - just lock it  (Read 212589 times)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: ***LIVE CAMPAIGN THREAD*** - Getting angry at the right people
« Reply #200 on: May 26, 2010, 01:39:04 pm »
Splitters!

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 26, 2010, 01:39:57 pm »
Boys and girls. We're seeing questions and comments on Facebook related to "I'm not on RAWK, but I want to get involved". What's the best way to get the other forums on board for this? Clearly they're gonna want to do it in their own autonomous ways, and I think that's the only healthy way to ensure it keeps up its head of steam. Do we just say "why not start your own and get in touch with SOS to make sure they're communicating with you"? And then we use the Facebook sites to communicate?

I don't think there's anything we can do to force people to toe a line on this and we'll see other groups appear and do their own thing. Either we embrace that and try our best to keep in touch with each other, or we start arguing with each other (and by definition, getting angry with the wrong people again - "Judaean People's Front!!").

Thoughts?

The work that's going into making sure that there is co-operation with The Union and no conflict of interest or corruption of their 'Branding' has to be taken into account here Roy.
As this has been started we need to make sure that it's adhered to as much as possible until we can work something out whereby everyone has some form of imput on a generic website.

By joining the Facebook group, at least people can still take part. There is nothing to prevent people from doing their own thing on their own sites and then submitting ideas and artwork onto Facebook for now.

We are at an advantage as we are up and running to a certain extent. I'm sure other sites will appreciate that and not see it as anyone being excluded as that is the last thing we would want and as far removed from what we are trying to achieve as possible.

Getting that message across is paramount.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: May 26, 2010, 01:42:32 pm »
No mate and it's fair enough - we'd get this kind of question even if RAWK was accepting new members.

Is it a case of RAWK servers being overloaded, or a cap on the total number of people registered to the site?  Would a cull not help the cause, or is it server capacity to deal with traffic at any one given time?

By joining the Facebook group, at least people can still take part. There is nothing to prevent people from doing their own thing on their own sites and then submitting ideas and artwork onto Facebook for now.

Agree, there's nothing stopping them as it is.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #203 on: May 26, 2010, 01:50:42 pm »
Bill Hicks - that is great. Well in.

May bagsy the 'See no Evil' image for something if thats ok..

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #204 on: May 26, 2010, 02:07:07 pm »
Have posted on the facebook forum, but i think its important that everyone gets into the habit of, when they join the page - clicking 'share' at the bottom of the page, thus posting it to their profile - then asking everyone else to do the same in the first comment. Also try to reply as much as possible to peoples comments and posts, as this keeps the page fresh in the news feed, which also tends to get the page more views.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: May 26, 2010, 02:47:51 pm »
Does anyone think it might be an idea to use a CMS for the campaign website? Something like Joomla, or Drupal. These are mostly free, but they're powerful - you can add blogs, photo albums, lots of things.

I'll try and find some themes later so we can decide on whether one of them would make for a suitable look for the site, or whether we want to move away from that and just have standard webpages.

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2010, 02:53:00 pm »
Boys and girls. We're seeing questions and comments on Facebook related to "I'm not on RAWK, but I want to get involved". What's the best way to get the other forums on board for this? Clearly they're gonna want to do it in their own autonomous ways, and I think that's the only healthy way to ensure it keeps up its head of steam. Do we just say "why not start your own and get in touch with SOS to make sure they're communicating with you"? And then we use the Facebook sites to communicate?

I don't think there's anything we can do to force people to toe a line on this and we'll see other groups appear and do their own thing. Either we embrace that and try our best to keep in touch with each other, or we start arguing with each other (and by definition, getting angry with the wrong people again - "Judaean People's Front!!").

Thoughts?

Website with a forum on?
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2010, 03:02:34 pm »
But this is my concern Roy, imagine every Liverpool fan in the world was educated to the same standard as, say, you.
Then what?
What changes?  How does that get us from where we are now, to new owners of the club?

I agree on this Doc.
However the starting point has to be bringing fans on board in the first place.
Many are blissfully unaware of what is happening at the club as we all know and this is in a small way trying to rectify that.

There has to be an end game and ultimately how we set about speeding up the sale process , if we can at all, should be our goal.

Getting people involved somehow and raising their awareness is only a step forward in that end game.
You can't go to war without an army.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2010, 03:23:57 pm »

You can't go to war without an army.
exactly. There is real power in numbers. The more people in the know, the less accepting people will be to what is happening. Gives us more power in the media, the power to get the truth, and to get it to the people who matter. The Fans.
There are still millions of reds who dont go on forums and swallow everything they hear from the tabloids and word of mouth. Having a network of outlets to distribute genuine information, be it online, on the streets or in the pubs, is priceless to educate the masses to not accept what is happening to the club.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2010, 03:29:39 pm »
I see Gedo has posted this on TLW. A summer of zero transfer activity will start educating some of them.

Benitez had a meeting today with "officials" at the Club today,to see what,if any funds would be available,not surprisingly there are no funds to spend on the park..

He was upbeat later at the Empire for "Istanbul" be privately he's seething at today's latest fiasco.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2010, 03:37:09 pm »
Off-topic, but nowhere else to put it...
Why not target the corporates at Anfield?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/hospitality/stadium

Egging the boxes, covering them with banners to block the view.  It would send a strong message out to Hicks and Gillett, that we're in control of Anfield, not them.

My other project would be to block TV coverage, and force Sky and the other media providers to ask for their money back.
It's time for fortress Anfield to become just that.  Imagine, the fuss if cameras were blocked from Anfield, if lenses were smeared and gantry's chained, tv trucks chained.

I just really think the situation has gone beyond retrievable by conventional means.  Hicks is looking to retire on us, he's going to hold out for his £800m and he's going to drive us into the wall before he gives up on it, and we're going to lose Rafa and we're going to lose all our top players along the way unless we land some blows now and make it clear that there IS hope, that there is still going to be a beating heart to this club under all the rubble.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2010, 03:38:48 pm »
I see Gedo has posted this on TLW. A summer of zero transfer activity will start educating some of them.

Benitez had a meeting today with "officials" at the Club today,to see what,if any funds would be available,not surprisingly there are no funds to spend on the park..

He was upbeat later at the Empire for "Istanbul" be privately he's seething at today's latest fiasco.

I rest my case.  Let's get busy and let's get angry.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2010, 03:49:31 pm »
Off-topic, but nowhere else to put it...
Why not target the corporates at Anfield?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/hospitality/stadium

Egging the boxes, covering them with banners to block the view.  It would send a strong message out to Hicks and Gillett, that we're in control of Anfield, not them.

My other project would be to block TV coverage, and force Sky and the other media providers to ask for their money back.
It's time for fortress Anfield to become just that.  Imagine, the fuss if cameras were blocked from Anfield, if lenses were smeared and gantry's chained, tv trucks chained.

I just really think the situation has gone beyond retrievable by conventional means.  Hicks is looking to retire on us, he's going to hold out for his £800m and he's going to drive us into the wall before he gives up on it, and we're going to lose Rafa and we're going to lose all our top players along the way unless we land some blows now and make it clear that there IS hope, that there is still going to be a beating heart to this club under all the rubble.

When it's too hard for people to take and read a leaflet at the match I think we'd struggle at the moment to get them scaling the telly gantry with a big chain clenched between their teeth Doc.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2010, 03:56:14 pm »
When it's too hard for people to take and read a leaflet at the match I think we'd struggle at the moment to get them scaling the telly gantry with a big chain clenched between their teeth Doc.

Ah, whereas you need thousands of people reading leaflets for one idea, you only need 30 brave souls for affirmative action.
Or just the one...

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2010, 04:04:27 pm »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2010, 04:06:47 pm »
Kitster is in charge of the art dept.

Offline doikc

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2010, 04:18:28 pm »
Kitster that is just amazing!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi. Benitez YNWA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2010, 04:19:39 pm »
I'ma start a twitter, we need a recognisable slogan for our twitter page.... any ideas?
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2010, 04:25:54 pm »
kitser - brilliant - propaganda at its most effective.

royhendo

« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2010, 04:28:52 pm »
The work that's going into making sure that there is co-operation with The Union and no conflict of interest or corruption of their 'Branding' has to be taken into account here Roy.
As this has been started we need to make sure that it's adhered to as much as possible until we can work something out whereby everyone has some form of imput on a generic website.

We are at an advantage as we are up and running to a certain extent. I'm sure other sites will appreciate that and not see it as anyone being excluded as that is the last thing we would want and as far removed from what we are trying to achieve as possible.

Getting that message across is paramount.

OK - I'll say 'get involved on here' on Facebook for now. Nice one Shanks - it's important we get our hymn sheet right. We can't control what others do though, that's one potential issue.

royhendo

« Reply #220 on: May 26, 2010, 04:30:23 pm »
Have posted on the facebook forum, but i think its important that everyone gets into the habit of, when they join the page - clicking 'share' at the bottom of the page, thus posting it to their profile - then asking everyone else to do the same in the first comment. Also try to reply as much as possible to peoples comments and posts, as this keeps the page fresh in the news feed, which also tends to get the page more views.

Great point, which just affected something behind the scenes - cheers :)

Also - you're a grapical genius. We have some serious genius helping us here - thanks to you all!

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #221 on: May 26, 2010, 04:33:18 pm »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2010, 04:38:34 pm »
Ah, whereas you need thousands of people reading leaflets for one idea, you only need 30 brave souls for affirmative action.
Or just the one...

Good point well made Doc.
Me and you then?

you stand in front of the tank when they are coming up Arkles lane and I'll take the picture through the Arkles window.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

royhendo

« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2010, 04:40:34 pm »
But this is my concern Roy, imagine every Liverpool fan in the world was educated to the same standard as, say, you.
Then what?
What changes?  How does that get us from where we are now, to new owners of the club?

Honestly? If we reached the utopian stage where everyone was truly as disgusted as I personally feel right now, then things we've stated as 'unfeasible' and 'impossible' in the past would become a distinct possibility.

royhendo

« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2010, 04:42:52 pm »
I'ma start a twitter, we need a recognisable slogan for our twitter page.... any ideas?

LFC is being bled dry - you can do something about it

?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2010, 04:43:25 pm »
www.twitter.com/saveliverpool
www.twitter.com/lfctogether
www.twitter.com/fightforlfc

Any other ideas... twitters much more vast than others as it involves celebs and journos, I think it's our best avenue....

royhendo

« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2010, 04:44:32 pm »
www.twitter.com/saveliverpool
www.twitter.com/lfctogether
www.twitter.com/fightforlfc

Any other ideas... twitters much more vast than others as it involves celebs and journos, I think it's our best avenue....

Pop and FC on the end of the 1st one?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2010, 04:47:46 pm »
Pop and FC on the end of the 1st one?

Okies ill sort that out and link you all. i'll follow all the big journos on twitter, and start tweeting to them. Hopefully i will get a few followers... I'll whore it about the facebook pages and tweet any developments/llinks etc...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2010, 04:51:30 pm »
Let's get this vehicle rolling fella's we want proper action. I feel like im ddoing something good with this twitter page :P

royhendo

« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2010, 04:51:49 pm »
OK mate - we need to be tight on what goes out though, so I'll ping you a pm dude, OK?

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #230 on: May 26, 2010, 04:55:15 pm »
Quote from: doikc on Today at 04:18:28 PM
I didnt paint the Fat, Sweaty, Dirty Corporate Pig in this one unfortunately. Merely liberated and manipulated an image from the 80's.  :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 26, 2010, 04:57:10 pm »
Right, anyone got any famous journo's twitter address's for me to follow.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2010, 04:57:24 pm »
Discussing LFC on radio at the minute.
Hicks on Talkshite between now and 7.00pm.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: May 26, 2010, 04:57:42 pm »
OK mate - we need to be tight on what goes out though, so I'll ping you a pm dude, OK?

Fine, just fine tuning the look of it so far, so fire away with the PM..

royhendo

« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2010, 05:00:18 pm »
Fine, just fine tuning the look of it so far, so fire away with the PM..

Good man - cheers!

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2010, 05:04:58 pm »
I'm old - I don't do facebook, my kids do,

I don't do twitter and I dont ever want to do twitter

I dont use a mobile phone despite owning two they remain switched off and gathering cobwebs the butons are just too small

The internet is a big stretch and if I do use it I just stumble about and occasionally press the right button

Newspapers are only fit to hold me chips I never bother with them

My local has shut down and all the radio plays these days is bloody C rap

How are you going to sign me up?

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: May 26, 2010, 05:05:49 pm »
Quote from: doikc on Today at 04:18:28 PM
I didnt paint the Fat, Sweaty, Dirty Corporate Pig in this one unfortunately. Merely liberated and manipulated an image from the 80's.  :D
Ah, shame that. I was about to ask you what brushes you used to paint him with, because he looks as if he's actually painted with a natural medium and not a digital one. What about the notes of money as the hair and cigar? Excellent work in either case, and your other one in the Art thread made me laugh.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: May 26, 2010, 05:07:29 pm »
I'm old - I don't do facebook, my kids do,

I don't do twitter and I dont ever want to do twitter

I dont use a mobile phone despite owning two they remain switched off and gathering cobwebs the butons are just too small

The internet is a big stretch and if I do use it I just stumble about and occasionally press the right button

Newspapers are only fit to hold me chips I never bother with them

My local has shut down and all the radio plays these days is bloody C rap

How are you going to sign me up?

Which Derby & Joan club do you go to mate.........we can bring a form down with Big writing on.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #238 on: May 26, 2010, 05:07:51 pm »
Excellent thread. Superb work lads.

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven