Author Topic: Atmosphere  (Read 20283 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Atmosphere
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2011, 12:23:56 pm »
The problem is that Kopites are Gobshites.

:)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2011, 12:45:15 pm »
Dunno where to stick this but there was a fella with "IN A MEETING ..." then the number 11 on the back of his replica home shirt sat infront of me in the Kop on Saturday.

No idea wtf it was about like ;D

Christ, that's just reminded me about a guy wandering around outside the Kop before the game wearing just a home shirt and a pair of shiny red leggings. :o ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline WheelerLFC

• Anny Roader
  • Brendan Rodgers Liverpool are on our way to glory!
« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2011, 02:19:25 pm »
305 was electric up until half time and then it was a case of trying to wake everyother member of the KOP up outside of the 300's in the second. Why people feel it is more constructive to shout shit like 'come on Andy you big fuckin shithouse! You're in your derby' I have no idea! I had to shout back at the guy to let him know he was the shithouse not Andy!

Still the problem with the KOP that the 300's are the only blocks who consistantly want to sing and get the team going. I really dont get it. it even took two mins of 'stand up for the 96' for the 200's and 100's to finally think 'oh well, if we must' and stand up. They then proceeded to sit back down after 30 seconds.....obviously dont want to tire their little legs!

YNWA at the start was as it should be every game....fuckin loud and proud. Have a feeling it was only because it was first game of the season though.

I was waiting at the bottom of the Kop to put the flag away at the start of the game and YNWA seemed alot louder than normal.

I was in 102 on my tod and had two wool's sitting next to me and to be fair to them everytime i tried to get something going they would sing loud and proud with me everytime, everyone else just looked at us like we wasn't supposed to be there, was quite sad actually because like it was mentioned before there was one or two who were shout abuse loud enough for half the people sitting round them, if they had joined in it may have got alot of others joining in as well
'Take that poof bandage off, and what do you mean YOUR knee, it's LIVERPOOL'S knee!' - Bill Shankly

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2011, 02:23:30 pm »
Highest attendence since 1986 on sat.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2011, 02:37:33 pm »
It was a petty insult, you implied others don't stand because we can't be arsed and have tired legs.

The simple fact is not everyone in the ground wants to stand and sing.

If you are sat in a section where you'll be .one of only a few stood up you will be told to sit down.

The stewards can't do that when its literally the whole block stood up.

If everyone behind me (including those in 300's is sat down) I'm going to sit down so those fans can see.

I'm sorry, but not all Liverpool fans want to stand throughout the entire game, it doesn't make them any less a fan though.

Least not in my mind.

Well if you don't want to stand and sing mate that's fine, and there's loads of areas you can do it whilst still having a good view of the match.

There's The Sandon, the King Charles, the Arkles, the 12th Man...
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2011, 08:13:56 pm »
Well if you don't want to stand and sing mate that's fine, and there's loads of areas you can do it whilst still having a good view of the match.

There's The Sandon, the King Charles, the Arkles, the 12th Man...

Superfan no.2 - bet you were a fan before Istanbul weren't you? You probably are even that much of a fan you went to some games under the manager before Benitez.

Well I enjoyed my first game, wearing my jester hat and singing "you're not singing anymore"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2011, 09:00:05 pm »
Think we're done here. Atmosphere = poisonous.