Author Topic: Main Stand between now and its opening......  (Read 11296 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Main Stand between now and its opening......
« on: July 21, 2016, 01:16:26 pm »
All,

Club are putting together some FAQs to answer any questions supporters might have about the new Main Stand.

They are questions about the short term - between now and the opening of the Main stand.

Let me know any you want including - I will be feeding back to the Club on Monday.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Main Stand between now and its opening......
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 05:41:44 pm »
Current questions in draft to go to the Club:

1.   Is the Liverpool v Leicester fixture going to be reversed?

2.   If so what is the latest date that this would be confirmed as either moving or staying?

3.   What happens if we are drawn at home in the first round of the League Cup?

4.   If it is not what, in detail, are likely to be the state of facilities available for supporters at the first home game – will ALL supporters get the FULL benefit of ALL facilities?

5.   By when will all new Season Ticket Cards have been sent out?

6.   Will there be any recognition of supporters’ loyalty/inconvenience with seat moves? For instance, free drinks/food at the opening home fixture?

7.   When will work on the Anfield Forever stones commence and be completed?

8.   What dates are planned for the test events?

9.   What are the details of how they will be organised and executed?

10.   Will there be an opportunity for season ticket holders etc. to view the Main Stand's new facilities prior to the opening game with Leicester for STH's outside of test events – an open day?

11.   What extra traffic management plans have been put in place to deal with the extra 8,500 fans?

12.   When will the Club provide details of the new food/drinks prices on the club website?

13.   Will the fan park operate in much the same way as last season?

15.   Are there any plans for the Shankly statue to be moved to the new Anfield Plaza?

16.   Will the new Main Stand supply draught beers rather than bottles and cans?

17.   Can the price of food and drink be given close consideration from a fairness perspective (rather then the usual captive opportunities) – for instance a maximum price of £3.50 for a pint of beer?

18.   Will there be TVs showing action from the match at half time and live generally?

19.   What changes, if any, from last season have been lade to the provision of mobile phone signals and woeful performance of the LFC Wi-Fi provision?

20.   Will there be any provision for bars and outlets to remain open after the end of a match?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:12:33 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 06:51:46 pm »
Is an open day planned for the stand for anyone ?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:26:50 pm by gatcliffe »
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 07:08:39 pm »
What stupid fuckin name are you going to sell the main stand off as?

If thats too strong and personal,  drop the 'are you' and replace with 'the club'
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 07:20:20 pm »
What stupid fuckin name are you going to sell the main stand off as?

If thats too strong and personal,  drop the 'are you' and replace with 'the club'

I think there is no way round that mate.
The only thing we can ask the club 'politely' not to do is not to have KITKAT or anything else emblazoned across the whole seating areas.

That would be my question if we are to get replies.

If we have a sponsor/naming rights for the new stand,are we going to have their brand emblazoned across the seating areas?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:25:49 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 09:48:40 pm »
Why have we expanded the ground by over 9,000 seats yet the members sale remains at 10,000 available tickets?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 01:24:15 pm »
Will there be a "free" day to open the stand with the team training?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 01:41:33 pm »
This is taken from the club's own plans (http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/DocumentExplorer/Application/folderview.aspx?type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP&key=898733 and look for the D1 Design and Access Statement):-

"A total of 60 amenity standard seats with minimised stepped access, wider seat spacing and deeper
row depths for taller, bigger or visually impaired spectators would be provided at the back of the existing
lower tier. This would take the overall number in the stadium up from 120 at the end of Phase 1* to 180
at the end of Phase 2** giving a 72% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum
number."

* - at the end of the Main Stand build
** - at the end of the proposed new Anfield Road End build.

^ What reasons are there that the club is only aiming to achieve a 72% compliance with the Accessible Stadia minimum required number for Amenity seating for the disabled (and taller/bigger fans) after the new Main Stand and a proposed new ARE stand has been built?

(these numbers do not include disabled wheelchair users)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 01:46:32 pm »
1. Why do we in the Centenary have to bloody look at it!

;)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 02:21:28 pm »

2.   If so what is the latest date that this would be confirmed as either moving or staying?

3.   What happens if we are drawn at home in the first round of the League Cup?

4.   If it is not what, in detail, are likely to be the state of facilities available for supporters at the first home game – will ALL supporters get the FULL benefit of ALL facilities?

5.   By when will all new Season Ticket Cards have been sent out?

6.   Will there be any recognition of supporters’ loyalty/inconvenience with seat moves? For instance, free drinks/food at the opening home fixture?

7.   When will work on the Anfield Forever stones commence and be completed?

8.   What dates are planned for the test events?

9.   What are the details of how they will be organised and executed?

10.   Will there be an opportunity for season ticket holders etc. to view the Main Stand's new facilities prior to the opening game with Leicester for STH's outside of test events – an open day?

11.   What extra traffic management plans have been put in place to deal with the extra 8,500 fans?

12.   When will the Club provide details of the new food/drinks prices on the club website?

13.   Will the fan park operate in much the same way as last season?

14.   What is Gill Bath's role at the Club?

15.   Are there any plans for the Shankly statue to be moved to the new Anfield Plaza?

16.   Will the new Main Stand supply draught beers rather than bottles and cans?

17.   Can the price of food and drink be given close consideration from a fairness perspective (rather then the usual captive opportunities) – for instance a maximum price of £3.50 for a pint of beer?

18.   Will there be TVs showing action from the match at half time and live generally?

19.   What changes, if any, from last season have been lade to the provision of mobile phone signals and woeful performance of the LFC Wi-Fi provision?

20.   Will there be any provision for bars and outlets to remain open after the end of a match?

Is the Leicester home game really under risk of being reversed ?
Kenny Godglish

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 02:28:33 pm »

Surely not?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 03:03:07 pm »
Is the Leicester home game really under risk of being reversed ?

Exactly what I was thinking too

Offline ghost77uk

• Kopite
    • Steve Kingsman Photography
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 03:13:20 pm »
Please tell me there's not a chance the Leicester game could get changed? We got tickets and booked our flights from Canada for this for a friends 40th B'day!! Just told him yesterday that I was taking him to his first game for his B'day!!!

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 04:11:49 pm »

Hopefully they've made it worse. Sick of people spending time on their phones at the match.

Why have we expanded the ground by over 9,000 seats yet the members sale remains at 10,000 available tickets?

Best question.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 12:33:22 pm »
Please tell me there's not a chance the Leicester game could get changed? We got tickets and booked our flights from Canada for this for a friends 40th B'day!! Just told him yesterday that I was taking him to his first game for his B'day!!!

There's always a chance but nothing definite  - we just want an update on the possibility in case people need to change their arrangements.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 12:53:59 pm »
Leicester game won't be changed, they would have applied to the FA by now to ask. Already moved to 5.30 for BT too

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 12:58:44 pm »
Why has the number of tickets in the members sale not increased? Where have the kop/anny road/centenary tickets gone that arent in the sale now?

As far as I can see the breakdown seems to be
2000 new STH
6000 new corporate/sponsors?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 01:21:09 pm »
Definitely needs to be some sort of open day, so people have the option of familiarising themselves with their new location. And so the turnstiles system can be tested.

Also, will the club be putting out a message to strongly recommend that supporters in the Main Stand turn up much earlier than normal to the first game, for the same reason? That could also be a good tip for people in ALL stands. With the introduction of new Season Ticket cards for every Season Ticket Holder, you just know there's going to be some problems, and the Main Stand is the one that would likely be most impacted.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #18 on: August 1, 2016, 11:05:07 pm »

The members sale is back at 10,000 tickets. Its' gone down by 1.500 during the last 2 seasons.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=326024.0

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19 on: August 1, 2016, 11:45:06 pm »
The members sale is back at 10,000 tickets. Its' gone down by 1.500 during the last 2 seasons.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=326024.0
I'm aware of the fact it's been increased back to its original pre Main Stand work allocation of 10,000. The point of my question is, why hasn't the allocation of tickets in the members sale increased beyond this number seeing as though the capacity has increased greatly? Why has every other sales avenue gone up, but this remains the same as it did when the ground held 9,000 less people?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 3, 2016, 08:49:45 am »
Dortmund agreed a couple of years ago,  down towards bottom of this link.  http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/borussia-dortmund-show-sports-clubs-how-it-should-be-done--give-the-fans-what-they-want/news-story/83362ad82d1bd3853a538836dc737d38

However they just announced a faster wifi for all.  Maybe it was a klopp thing.

All football ground should have no signal IMO.

Bit much, there's always a need for signal for emergencies of any kind.

Agree on the wifi thing, I think it's Man City that have their own app which only works in the stadium to watch replays etc.
YNWA.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #21 on: August 3, 2016, 10:35:47 am »

Can we correct that to "during the 90 minutes" and then a major boost during half time when everybody is having a quick look at the scores?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 3, 2016, 12:45:07 pm »
Dortmund agreed a couple of years ago,  down towards bottom of this link.  http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/borussia-dortmund-show-sports-clubs-how-it-should-be-done--give-the-fans-what-they-want/news-story/83362ad82d1bd3853a538836dc737d38

However they just announced a faster wifi for all.  Maybe it was a klopp thing.

Football isn't that important that you can't check up on the kids at home or answer to emergencies.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23 on: August 3, 2016, 01:11:13 pm »
Presumably they need a test event in order to comply with a current safety certificate.

If and when they announce one, I'd presume that it will be ticketed, very much like when you have to get ticket from the ticket office for the Hillsborough memorial etc.   So as 30,000 don't turn up on spec, to try and have a mooch.

Shall be interesting to watch this space.

I bagsy the directors box.  ;)

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 3, 2016, 07:35:01 pm »
Nobody absolutely needs mobile phone access for two hours whilst they're at the match.

If they do, then they shouldn't be at the game at all.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #25 on: August 3, 2016, 08:01:12 pm »
Nobody absolutely needs mobile phone access for two hours whilst they're at the match.

Correct.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 3, 2016, 08:04:32 pm »

Eh, nobody needs access to twatter and Facebook but phone signal, pretty sure you might need that.

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 3, 2016, 08:19:30 pm »
Eh, nobody needs access to twatter and Facebook but phone signal, pretty sure you might need that.

Why?

What do you think people did 15+ years ago?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #28 on: August 3, 2016, 08:25:57 pm »
Will the Hillsborough Memorial/Shankly Gates be in place for the start of the season?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 3, 2016, 08:31:44 pm »
Why?

What do you think people did 15+ years ago?

Just because phones weren't as popular as they are now doesn't mean don't have one at the match. What if me house is getting broken into and I get a call from a neighbour?
Or me kid gets in an accident and the hospital are trying to get in touch?

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #30 on: August 3, 2016, 09:45:33 pm »
OK yeah no wireless data, but keep the ability to make a call. Fair compromise.

Ask them that one Grahame.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline slidez

• Main Stander
« Reply #31 on: August 4, 2016, 07:54:57 am »
Not having data at a football stadium would be a little silly and pretty much unacceptable now.

Offline Jimbo.

• Skint
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 4, 2016, 08:44:37 am »
MAKE US STREAM
Quote from: Dan_L
Chester is in chesirte, trasmneraeeeee is in wirral dfivo 1adand lpoolis merseydie lpoo2-1 everpuyokton |BluESHITE!!!!!!wert sr76yipeeeeeeeeeeeee113wt4aee

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #33 on: August 4, 2016, 09:12:17 am »
Just because phones weren't as popular as they are now doesn't mean don't have one at the match. What if me house is getting broken into and I get a call from a neighbour?
Or me kid gets in an accident and the hospital are trying to get in touch?

Tell your kid to be careful and get some decent home security rather than spoil everyone's enjoyment of the football. People manage in the cinema, the theatre, all over the place. Try letting your phone ring there and see how many friends you make. Tell people you're at the match and the police or hospital will contact the club who will send a steward to find you.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 4, 2016, 09:12:42 am »
Phone signal is needed in case there is an emergency. If my house is on fire, being burgled, or my wife/kid/family member suddenly falls ill then I sure as hell want to know about it.

Wifi is not needed and shouldn't be available, apart from at half time when I want to know badly United are losing.

Cameras should be banned. Why bother filming the match or taking pictures when it is on TV and there are 100 professional photographers there?!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 4, 2016, 09:36:35 am »
Tell your kid to be careful and get some decent home security rather than spoil everyone's enjoyment of the football.

Not sure if serious.

How is taking a call for an emergency spoiling everyone's enjoyment of football, in fact how is having my phone on incase of an emergency spoiling everyone's enjoyment of football.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about anyone else at the match if there's something more serious happening closer to home and anyone that would prioritise the football over your kids welfare needs there head checking, or don't have kids.

If only all the children raped and attacked would have been more careful eh.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2016, 09:42:20 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline Toshack_Keegan_One_Nil

• Anny Roader
  • Sometimes I fantasise...
« Reply #36 on: August 4, 2016, 10:44:04 am »
Tell your kid to be careful and get some decent home security rather than spoil everyone's enjoyment of the football. People manage in the cinema, the theatre, all over the place. Try letting your phone ring there and see how many friends you make. Tell people you're at the match and the police or hospital will contact the club who will send a steward to find you.

Staggering.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #37 on: August 4, 2016, 10:45:50 am »

I've been oncall at the game before now. I needed coverage otherwise I couldn't have gone.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #38 on: August 4, 2016, 11:07:34 am »

No one turns their phones off in the Cinema or Theatre or what have you. They put them on silent/vibrate. That way, they can still be contacted in case of an emergency.

How would you be able to live with yourself if you turned on your phone after a game and a flurry of texts and voicemails came through due to your wife or girlfriend or family member being in a car accident and were taken to hospital and you missed the last few minutes of their lives? You could have been there.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2016, 11:13:23 am by SC04OCT »