Author Topic: Pre-Season: Match 4 - Liverpool vs. Huddersfield Town - Wed July 20th - 7.45pm  (Read 41600 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Final game of pre-season before we head off to warmer climes and tougher opposition in the States.

The mix of players is starting to move towards the move experienced end of the spectrum with almost the entire squad back in training (bar injury).

Klopp on Matip after Sunday's game....

"It's the foot he had problems with in the past and then he had a little bit of pain when pre-season started because of the intensity. He said he's had it one or two times already. He's used to it. I think Monday he'll rest, then he can go again. We had to make the decision of Joel or Dejan, who has to play the whole 90 minutes? We decided on Joel. For him it was a little bit too much today, but he is in a good way, as you can see."

Be interesting to see who plays at CB on Wednesday....

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Come on Town.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Their mob. The whippet breading service Crew. Beware.

'Appen!

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Ill be there and how the fuck did you get a picture of my 3 lads? 

Thats if the thunderstorms predicted dont happen!

Warmer climes Titi? might be touching 70 Fahrenheit on Wednesday t'over t'hill
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:24:26 pm by Ziltoid »

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
Presumed i could buy a ticket at the ground - wrong. Its a sell out.

Should be a good game.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Presumed i could buy a ticket at the ground - wrong. Its a sell out.

Should be a good game.

Is it? Heard they were opening another stand. Have you called the ground?

Apologies, theyve sold another 5000 tickets since a couple of weeks back. Was 16500.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:27:04 pm by Ziltoid »

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
Is it? Heard they were opening another stand. Have you called the ground?

Apologies, theyve sold another 5000 tickets since a couple of weeks back. Was 16500.

I didnt realise until an hour ago, by which time theyd sold 21,000. It is all unreserved tickets too which will be fun.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
3500 liverpool tickets sold through site are in away end, I reckon at least 50/50 home tickets are liverpool fans. Ii know 15 including me going and 2 are Hudds season ticket holders, rest Liverpool.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
Ffs, wanted some tickets to this

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Looking forward to see how well Mooy plays against us.  His set pieces should finally give Karius a challenge. 

Offline Occy

• Anny Roader
  • Loves to Lurk.
Looking forward to see how well Mooy plays against us.  His set pieces should finally give Karius a challenge.

Yeah I loved him when he played for my home town team the Wanderers. Good little player for Australia, hoping he improves a bit in the championship.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006

Ahead of his reunion with David Wagner at Huddersfield Town on Wednesday night, Jürgen Klopp dug into his own archives to find a photo that shows just how far the friends go back.

The pair were teammates at Mainz in the early 1990s, later colleagues in management at Borussia Dortmund and, most recently, made the move to English football within weeks of each other last year.

Now they are preparing to pit their wits against one another as the Reds travel to Huddersfield tomorrow for the fourth friendly of their pre-season campaign so far.

A dose of nostalgia is understandable and as Klopp previewed the game with Liverpoolfc.com, he started by sharing a memorable snap of the two men in mutual celebration.

“David Wagner is one of my best friends, maybe my best friend,” the boss explains.

“We played a few years together and we didn’t only play, we celebrated a few times!

“This is David [points to picture]. If you see him today you cannot believe that’s him and that’s me! I have a cigar in my hand but that was after the game.

“When I was in Munich I remember playing against 1860 and it was a draw and it was one of my best games for Mainz. Afterwards we went to the Oktoberfest, so it was a good night!”

Wagner took the reins at the John Smith’s Stadium less than a month after Klopp had been officially confirmed as Liverpool manager, in October 2015.

During the ongoing talks with their respective new clubs, neither man had told the other of his potential appointment – making for an interesting catch-up when they next met.

Klopp said: “In this business, with your best friends you have to keep a few secrets.

“He didn’t know I went to the USA to speak with our owners and I actually had no idea that he was in talks with another English club.

“When I came back from the USA, I opened the door and first of all I saw his car sitting in front of my house and I thought ‘What’s he doing here?’ When I came in my wife said ‘Let him tell first!’

“I said ‘You first.’ He said he had spoken to a Championship club in England. I said ‘Interesting, which club?’ He said Huddersfield and I thought ‘OK, close to Liverpool.’

“I said I had come back from talks with Liverpool! So that’s how it was and a completely strange situation for both of us.

“We are pretty close to each other and it’s good. He’s a really good friend but more importantly for Huddersfield he is a brilliant manager. So a win-win situation!
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/228168-boss-digs-out-classic-snap-ahead-of-wagner-reunion
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
It is all unreserved tickets too which will be fun.

Is it? My tickets got a seat/row number on... Surely if it's a sell out it can't be unreserved, will be utter chaos!  :-\

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Ill be there and how the fuck did you get a picture of my 3 lads? 

Thats if the thunderstorms predicted dont happen!

Warmer climes Titi? might be touching 70 Fahrenheit on Wednesday t'over t'hill
Should I still be sweating at 1am?

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Is it? My tickets got a seat/row number on... Surely if it's a sell out it can't be unreserved, will be utter chaos!  :-\

I've got allocated seats too mate, think he's wrong on this unless he just meant the Huddersfield end.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline HumanRed

• Main Stander
From reading Klopp prior to this friendly it seems all about managing the players, I suppose at this stage of preseason the players are more susceptible to injuries and all they are filtered in pockets of different development levels in their fitness.

I'd also imagine Klopp's mate will be eyeing up some of our players for a loan deal. :)

Good opportunity for folk around the Huddersfield area to glimpse of LFC. A lot of LFC supporters in West Yorkshire, used to live there.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
What's Suso doing in that photo, is he ageless?
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone know which pub people are likely to go to before kick off?
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
The Slaughtered Lamb
The Sherpards length
The 6 Fingers
Buggered Arms
The Whippet Paws
The Inbred
The Worried Lamb
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
The Stolen Hubcap is ok.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Cheers for that 4pool,
I didn't know the background of Wagner/Klopp until Danny Ward went there.
When I first saw Ward loaned out I initially thought what the fuck.
Then I kinda felt a bit daft!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Sure its just Huddersfield unreserved seating.

The Eh Ba Gum is a decent boozer. Also the Greyhound and Flatcap.

Online CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
Zilty, The Mac and Ferret isn't too bad. Reight kaylied last time ah wor thee-er. :P

;D

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
Chain pubs;
Wetherspoons - cherry tree, thirty seconds from train station.
Rope walk - right next to ground/cinema
Yorkshire rose - on Leeds road heading toward the ground.

Good beer;
Magic rock tap room, not too far from stadium.
Kings head - attached to train station, on your left as you exit
Sportsman - out of station, turn left and walk for two minutes (toward ground)
@JonnYNWA

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

The Tit Paddock.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
Sure its just Huddersfield unreserved seating.

Yeah it is, it'll be chaos in the home end!
@JonnYNWA

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Stolen Hubcap is ok.

Which never did get returned thanks to the sheer incompetence of the West Yorkshire Constabulary who would give the South Yorkshire precinct an equal run for their money in the race to become the shittest Police force on the planet.

I do see why you posted that BTW Yorky and fair do's :)

Anyhow, half four train to Manc then onwards to Huddersfield. Few pints in the sun (if it refrains from pissing down) and hopefully get to see Woodburn, Kent, Arnold etc get some more minutes.

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
Anyhow, half four train to Manc then onwards to Huddersfield. Few pints in the sun (if it refrains from pissing down) and hopefully get to see Woodburn, Kent, Arnold etc get some more minutes.

Think it's meant to be dry over these here parts for the rest of the day, should be ok. Yorkshire Rose might be best bet if you're wanting to be outside! that's where we're heading.
@JonnYNWA

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
will we be seeing a glimpse of ragnar since our central defence is down to the bare bones

or will he be cuptied?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 02:35:36 pm by xbugawugax »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
The Slaughtered Lamb
The Sherpards length
The 6 Fingers
Buggered Arms
The Whippet Paws
The Inbred
The Worried Lamb

Don't go out on to the moors after drinking in the Slaughtered Lamb.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
People talking as if it's a place like Stoke, always thought it's a nice town, why the hate?

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
Anyhow, half four train to Manc then onwards to Huddersfield. Few pints in the sun (if it refrains from pissing down)

Sadly, it's always pissing down in 'Udders Pete....though the ale is nice. Enjoy!

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
People talking as if it's a place like Stoke, always thought it's a nice town, why the hate?

Because they've forgotten Shanks liked it.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Lovely at the moment with a nice breeze.  Shame i'm still in the office and have to drive over later and find somewhere to park within about 2 miles of the ground and then walk there with the wife and kids in tow.

Offline timbucktoo

• Dreams of a threesome with Oprah Winfrey or Whoopie Goldberg
  • Kopite
Chain pubs;
Wetherspoons - cherry tree, thirty seconds from train station.
Rope walk - right next to ground/cinema
Yorkshire rose - on Leeds road heading toward the ground.

Good beer;
Magic rock tap room, not too far from stadium.
Kings head - attached to train station, on your left as you exit
Sportsman - out of station, turn left and walk for two minutes (toward ground)

Rickys Leeds road. Used to have lunchtime strippers on

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Rickys Leeds road. Used to have lunchtime strippers on

Shut, went bust (I stopped going).  Don't know if it's back open.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/ricky-park-renowned-rickys-bar-10394536

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
#LFC starting line-up v #HTAFC: Karius, Randall, Lovren, Moreno, Lucas, Ejaria, Stewart, Grujic, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
#LFC subs v #HTAFC: George, Ings, Kent, Wisdom, Markovic, Woodburn, Alexander-Arnold
Y.N.W.A.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:38:14 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
Is Ilori off with Portugal or injured?