Author Topic: Uncle Kolo  (Read 53673 times)

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Uncle Kolo
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2016, 03:38:27 pm »
So the CB pecking order will be...

1) Matip
2) Lovren
3) Sakho
4) Toure

I've no problems with Toure being 4th, but think I would prefer...

1) Matip
2 / 3) new signing / Lovren
4) Toure

with Gomez waiting in the wings and covering all across the back.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2016, 03:43:13 pm »
If only some of our players had as much heart as him. Hope he stays on at the club after he retires.

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2016, 08:42:50 pm »
So the CB pecking order will be...

1) Matip
2) Lovren
3) Sakho
4) Toure

I've no problems with Toure being 4th, but think I would prefer...

1) Matip
2 / 3) new signing / Lovren
4) Toure

with Gomez waiting in the wings and covering all across the back.

Unless Sakho is banned for a whole season he should be first choice its clear we needed him at the center of defense and managing the left hand side of our back 4
From all reports on Matip he is not better then Lovern or Sakho

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2016, 08:48:26 pm »
The guy is a multi PL, FA Cup winner amongst other things, he's had wonderful honours and I'm more than happy for him, he was on a tear last night and as others have mentioned I only wish the others had followed suit.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2016, 11:28:09 pm »
Really wanted his goofy smile to be lifting that cup.  Fuck it still hurts. 

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2016, 11:46:11 pm »
Thankfully for us, his brother inherited all the family twat genes.

We should employ him as a consult for the next 30 years to come into the dressing room, lead a group Kolo dance and hug all the players before every game.

Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2016, 11:49:14 pm »
What a tackle , what a performance and what a guy. Our man of the match last night by far.

Hope he stays with us in some shape or form - He really IS Uncle Kolo of the Liverpool family !!

Would be of huge benefit to the younger players with all his experience and all round friendly character.

Cheers Kolo !!  :thumbup

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2016, 09:14:47 am »
Unless Sakho is banned for a whole season he should be first choice its clear we needed him at the center of defense and managing the left hand side of our back 4
From all reports on Matip he is not better then Lovern or Sakho

If he's no better than Lovren or Sakho I think we're in trouble... at least if we don't sign anybody else. 

Offline Weby72.

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2016, 09:50:42 am »
I think whether we keep Kolo depends on what punishment Sakho gets. And that's why we haven't made the decision yet.

There's two 1st-team-ready CB's guaranteed to be here next season - Lovren & Matip. Gomez, who looked the real deal before injury (but at full back) is back-up.

If Sakho gets 6 months, then I think we'll take it on the chin & retain Kolo as cover early season (Lovren, Matip, Kolo, Gomez, with Sakho to come back around Dec/Jan after getting match fit, and Kolo to take more of a back seat in the second half of the season.

If the ban is 12+ months, then I think we'll look to sign another CB, and unfortunately not offer Kolo a new deal (Lovren, Matip, new CB, Gomez).

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:52:17 am by Weby72 »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2016, 10:01:36 am »
From all reports on Matip he is not better then Lovren or Sakho

What reports are these? Peoples opinions or scouting reports?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2016, 10:34:45 am »

Was going to ask the same, he's rated highly in the Bundesliga.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2016, 10:56:04 am »

Vague mentions of "reports" or "noise" usually means some bloke on Twitter
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2016, 11:40:11 am »
I want another Kolo.

Can we have another Kolo, please mum?

In fact, I'd gladly adopt the original Kolo when he retires, just have him sat around the house.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2016, 08:40:43 pm »
What a performance on Weds, left absolutely everything on the pitch.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline simcolfc

• Main Stander
  • Hooch is craaazy.
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2016, 08:51:25 pm »
We should just let Kolo feed on Moreno's life essence to stay young.  Set up a life drain situation.  That way Moreno actually contributes and we get kolo forever.  Start the keep kolo young campaign.
"The ball was outta my reach.  Whattaya want me to do...dive for it?"----Roger Dorn

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2016, 08:56:06 pm »
If only some of our players had as much heart as him. Hope he stays on at the club after he retires.

isnt it funny Yaya isn't the same

Offline LRRP

• Main Stander
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2016, 05:27:52 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kolo-toure-not-offered-new-11375922

Sad :( I really want him on for another season. I am sure he does not mind playing a bit role. Great player to count upon and great person.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2016, 07:00:09 am »
Strange article that - the echo reporting on the dailly mail.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2016, 07:22:23 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kolo-toure-not-offered-new-11375922

Sad :( I really want him on for another season. I am sure he does not mind playing a bit role. Great player to count upon and great person.
I'd so fucking love it for the club to come in tomorrow and put a statement out for one year extension. Daily Fail...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2016, 08:21:00 am »
You would have thought just having him around the squad would be a booster, assume Klopp has other ideas.   Rumours that Gerrard be back with a coaching role.   

Maybe his wages are needed for someone else who will come in.  Trust Klopp's descision.

Offline Jimmy Jazz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2016, 11:30:31 am »
Fucking gutted, in all honesty.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2016, 11:33:29 am »
As i have said many a time when we signed him he was never signed to be a first team player week in week out

he was signed to provide a bit of experience and cover and come in and do a job when needed

he has pretty much done everything expected of him since we signed him

it would be a shame to let him go, a wise old head still performing at an acceptable level as even last wednesday proved, sometimes you need a bit of experience and its clear he loves the club, for me its a no brainer to give him a new deal.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2016, 11:51:35 am »
Will more than likely reduce the size of the squad. Kolo has done a fantastic job for us but I think he will be released. Makes sense to cut our cloth accordingly.

Klopp will still have his targets but I would think the owners will look to reduce the wage bill, given that we have no Euro games to bring in extra revenue.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #183 on: May 24, 2016, 11:52:42 am »
Will more than likely reduce the size of the squad. Kolo has done a fantastic job for us but I think he will be released. Makes sense to cut our cloth accordingly.

Klopp will still have his targets but I would think the owners will look to reduce the wage bill, given that we have no Euro games to bring in extra revenue.
he is hardly on mega money?

Besides at the minute we really only have Lovren and Matip, Skrtel is surely on the way out and who knows when Sakho is next available
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2016, 11:56:13 am »
Really wanted his goofy smile to be lifting that cup.  Fuck it still hurts. 

The defeat cut deep, will take more than a few weeks to heel...I'm out for at least a year. Only a trophy win will heel the wound.

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2016, 11:59:18 am »
he is hardly on mega money?

Besides at the minute we really only have Lovren and Matip, Skrtel is surely on the way out and who knows when Sakho is next available

I'd love him to stay and yes they may keep him given the Sakho situation but I think the playing staff will be reduced.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2016, 12:17:52 pm »
I'd love him to stay and yes they may keep him given the Sakho situation but I think the playing staff will be reduced.

This is the crux of the argument.  We have no Europe next season,  we've got a massive squad and Kolo is both non-home grown and reasonably expensive.  Even if he stays when is he gonna play?  We have Matip/Lovren and Gomez,  with Sakho around hopefully at some point,  and at the moment Lucas who can play/cover CB.  With only 1 game a week is there really an argument for keeping Kolo?  I love him,  but he's taking a place in the squad with little chance of games.

**Watch us have an injury crisis at CB of last seasons' propertions now and me wishing we'd kept Kolo!!!! :D
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2016, 12:30:55 pm »
Think it depends on Sakho ban.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2016, 10:47:36 am »
Looks like Kolo has been released which is a shame. Thought he was magnificent when called on this season, one of the players of the year.

Good luck in the future Kolo!!
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2016, 10:48:55 am »
If he doesn't want to play another season then get him in as a coaching role. If he does well then good luck! Been a great servant to the club.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2016, 10:49:36 am »
Thanks and good luck Kolo. Been an excellent free transfer.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2016, 10:49:55 am »
If he doesn't want to play another season then get him in as a coaching role. If he does well then good luck! Been a great servant to the club.

Just saw this:

#LFC considered offering Toure a coaching role but he's keen to prolong his playing career & is to consider his options. (Neil Jones - Echo)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2016, 10:50:03 am »
Yeah hopefully he stays at the club if he's not playing anymore. Seems a great character, like Lucas, to have around the place.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2016, 10:53:20 am »
Good luck to him if he does choose to leave and continue his playing career elsewhere.  Would be a great addition to the coaching staff but with no European football next season he'd get hardly any game time, so I can understand the club not offering him a playing deal.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: June 10, 2016, 10:57:33 am »
I didn't know breaking up was going to be so hard :(

Farewell Kolo.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #195 on: June 10, 2016, 10:59:40 am »
All the best Kolo Toure. a great player for us for the last three seasons. Shame he is leaving, i would of giving him a one year playing contract. good person to have around the squad. Its a shame but all the best Kolo in your new adventures.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:15:34 am by Ocean Red »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2016, 11:00:46 am »
Let's celebrate him rather than be sad!!

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2016, 11:02:45 am »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2016, 11:11:14 am »
Little legend, his performance against Madrid and all of them under Klopp will live long in my memory. What a great fella too

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2016, 11:14:13 am »

Makes me laugh out loud every time I see that. ;D

Good luck and God bless Kolo! You're welcome back anytime. Hopefully one day you'll return to work for the club.