Author Topic: Welcome Marko Grujic  (Read 223627 times)

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
Re: Welcome Marko Grujic
« Reply #200 on: February 29, 2016, 09:24:50 am »
I'm curious to know in what role Klopp intends to use Grujic. Some suggest he'll be used as a box2box midfielder, but i have a feeling he'll play deeper.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: February 29, 2016, 10:00:42 am »
Any idea how we lost out on Dele Alli?.

Be interesting to see who loses out when Klopp plays Grujic next season.
The West Ham game away last season,Dele Alli and his agent had scheduled a meeting with Rodgers,the meeting was 2 hours long according to Rodgers comments on a Sunday morning Sky show.Rodgers also said he had talked about the player in conversations with the Mk Dons manager a few times,MK Dons manager is a big red and a former youth coach at Liverpool.

A boyhood red,Gerrard his hero and he wanted to come said Rodgers,somewhere from that meeting to the summer they was a disconnect that didn't let it happen.

I think it was the mess of Rodgers and the TC relationship and somewhere along the line that stopped it happening and Spurs swooped in.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #202 on: February 29, 2016, 10:04:57 am »
Hope this guy can actually turn on the ball.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #203 on: February 29, 2016, 11:34:10 am »
Our midfield will be pretty intimidating with this guy, Can and Hendo running at you. Big units.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 29, 2016, 11:35:35 am »
Our midfield will be pretty intimidating with this guy, Can and Hendo running at you. Big units.

Still need another.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 29, 2016, 11:39:14 am »
Still need another.

A Modric type of player would be my wet dream.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #206 on: February 29, 2016, 11:39:47 am »
I'm curious to know in what role Klopp intends to use Grujic. Some suggest he'll be used as a box2box midfielder, but i have a feeling he'll play deeper.
Grujic said that was the position Klopp told him he wanted to play
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 29, 2016, 11:49:25 am »
A Modric type of player would be my wet dream.
This guy was reported by a few papers to have been at melwood a few weeks ago with his agent,he in currently injured and would be a bargain at 7 million which is below his release clause.

Malaga are strapped for cash and need money in the summer.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y51RfN-oksg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y51RfN-oksg</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 29, 2016, 11:56:21 am »
This guy was reported by a few papers to have been at melwood a few weeks ago with his agent,he in currently injured and would be a bargain at 7 million which is below his release clause.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y51RfN-oksg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y51RfN-oksg</a>

I thought Camacho was more of a traditional defensive midfielder, a more aggressive Lucas type?

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #209 on: February 29, 2016, 12:01:30 pm »
Camacho literally tackles someone with his arse in that video.  I'm all in.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 29, 2016, 12:04:18 pm »
I thought Camacho was more of a traditional defensive midfielder, a more aggressive Lucas type?

He is, Camacho is a good player but a playmaker he most certainly is not.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #211 on: February 29, 2016, 12:13:37 pm »
Hope this guy can actually turn on the ball.
He can.

Ever since the pre-season for the second part of the league he has been tested in no.10 position. In the derby the other day he was in a tight spot between 4 players , receives and turns on the ball in the same movement and slips a lovely little through ball for the overlap from which they score the winning goal.

What also bodes well for him he can dribble his way out of trouble. What he`ll have to work on a lot is his defensive game because due to his team being so dominant he`s not really doing much of defending or pressing which will of course have to change dramatically. He`s such a mature and cerebral player for his age I can see him working his way towards a more prominent role in the team towards the end of next season.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #212 on: February 29, 2016, 12:25:09 pm »
I hope he can score goals. this is this thing we need the most from the centre of the pitch!
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #213 on: February 29, 2016, 01:51:48 pm »
I already worry about the hype this kid is getting. He shouldn't be viewed as the solution to our problem. He might be brilliant next season but chances are, that as a young player he'll be inconsistent. I hope we buy another more mature CM to play alongside him
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 29, 2016, 01:58:06 pm »
I hope he can score goals. this is this thing we need the most from the centre of the pitch!
Seemingly gone out of fashion a midfielder that scores goals, they all want to be a Xavi esque playmaker pulling the strings in the middle of the park. How many central midfielders are there now in the Premier League capable of chipping in with 15 goals a season? Hardly any, Deli Alli and Aaron Ramsey possibly....

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 29, 2016, 02:02:35 pm »
So we are looking to an U20 international player to be the catalyst required for our CM to become Top 4 quality? Even the brilliant 20 year old SG had the likes of Hamann and McAllister around him to help so hopefully Klopp is looking to add a ready made CM to the mix, one that is even better than the likes of Henderson, who will hopefully improve what we have now....a 19 year old is one for the future.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 29, 2016, 02:06:25 pm »
I already worry about the hype this kid is getting. He shouldn't be viewed as the solution to our problem. He might be brilliant next season but chances are, that as a young player he'll be inconsistent. I hope we buy another more mature CM to play alongside him
Why do that when you can just build them up and knock em down?

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #217 on: February 29, 2016, 02:08:27 pm »
Grujic said that was the position Klopp told him he wanted to play

Which one?

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 29, 2016, 02:23:58 pm »
Anyone know any Masch/Alonso hybrids who would be available? ;)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #219 on: February 29, 2016, 03:37:24 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #220 on: February 29, 2016, 03:39:13 pm »
Box to box
Which is a bit odd as we have two box-to-box midfielders in Can and Henderson and both are playing as DM's.....
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Defendant

• Main Stander
« Reply #221 on: February 29, 2016, 03:45:15 pm »
Camacho literally tackles someone with his arse in that video.  I'm all in.

Finally! the second coming of King Kenny! Sign him!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 1, 2016, 06:58:52 am »
If you believe Joyce (and you should) we will sign Zielinski who also plays same position as grujic. Seems like we want to over stock the box to box midfielder position

Can't see them all staying.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2016, 07:43:01 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 1, 2016, 07:26:03 am »

If you believe Joyce (and you should) we will sign Zielinski who also plays same position as grujic. Seems like we want to over stock the box to box midfielder position

I always believe Joyce, he's an excellent journalist on Liverpool related stories usually.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 1, 2016, 08:20:45 am »
I always believe Joyce, he's an excellent journalist on Liverpool related stories usually.

After Grujic I'd go as far as saying the one single position where we don't need another is box to box player. So would make no sense to me anyway

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 1, 2016, 08:29:53 am »
After Grujic I'd go as far as saying the one single position where we don't need another is box to box player. So would make no sense to me anyway

It might make sense if Allen leaves and Lucas is no longer considered an option in midfield and maybe he doesn't fancy Henderson.

If you believe the links with camacho too..

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 1, 2016, 08:37:33 am »
It might make sense if Allen leaves and Lucas is no longer considered an option in midfield and maybe he doesn't fancy Henderson.

If you believe the links with camacho too..

We've needed a big dominat deep creative player for years and none of those 3 players are that. Wouldn't see that as an upgrade

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 1, 2016, 09:08:01 am »
We've needed a big dominat deep creative player for years and none of those 3 players are that. Wouldn't see that as an upgrade

You dont need one of those. You just need players who are good when closed down and can pass the ball. I wouldnt class the likes of Modric, Toure, Wilshere, Carzorla or Alli as one of those deep playmakers but boy would they make a difference to us right now.

Neither Henderson nor Milner when they play there are particularly good at that and Emre Can isnt mobile enough.

We need midfielders who can recieve the ball and get the ball with quality up the field, with either the ball at their feet or by passing.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 1, 2016, 09:24:20 am »
You dont need one of those. You just need players who are good when closed down and can pass the ball. I wouldnt class the likes of Modric, Toure, Wilshere, Carzorla or Alli as one of those deep playmakers but boy would they make a difference to us right now.

Neither Henderson nor Milner when they play there are particularly good at that and Emre Can isnt mobile enough.

We need midfielders who can receive the ball and get the ball with quality up the field, with either the ball at their feet or by passing.

I agree with that. But at the same time it's been so obvious we need someone to dictate our play and able to keep the ball. Whilst being a physical presence.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #229 on: March 1, 2016, 09:26:33 am »

Tipped to be a future star at Atleti, wasn't he?  Captain of the Atleti and Spain youth sides through a number of levels.  Remember being quite excited about him getting into their first team and establishing himself, but injuries rather spoiled that.

Haven't really tracked him since his move, but it's an interesting link.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 1, 2016, 09:27:18 am »
I agree with that. But at the same time it's been so obvious we need someone to dictate our play and able to keep the ball. Whilst being a physical presence.

Thats some ask. A physical presence but amazing playmaking skills. We have plenty of physical presence as Can, Henderson, Lucas are not exactly weak. Id prefer that we prioritise ability on the ball in midfield ahead of everything.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 1, 2016, 09:30:53 am »
Thats some ask. A physical presence but amazing playmaking skills. We have plenty of physical presence as Can, Henderson, Lucas are not exactly weak. Id prefer that we prioritise ability on the ball in midfield ahead of everything.

Okay well I was thinking someone like Alonso. He was also good defensively and obviously great at passing. In fact I would take him back even now in a heartbeat. We need a DM who can play is basically what i'm trying to get at

At the minute I'd guess only Henderson and Can are guaranteed to be here next year
« Last Edit: March 1, 2016, 09:32:44 am by clinical »

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 1, 2016, 09:45:05 am »
Anyone know any Masch/Alonso hybrids who would be available? ;)

Yeah one currently plays for Dortmund and the other Borussia Monchengladbach

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #233 on: March 1, 2016, 10:43:21 am »
We need a midfielder who can hold the ball, pass, tackle, cross, head, score and hit a wicked free kick while being made of bricks with high top speed and great acceleration over 90 minutes.

Will let you know how he fares on my game.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #234 on: March 1, 2016, 11:00:52 am »
We need a midfielder who can hold the ball, pass, tackle, cross, head, score and hit a wicked free kick while being made of bricks with high top speed and great acceleration over 90 minutes.

Will let you know how he fares on my game.

Give a month to get in shape and i'll be ready.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2016, 03:11:29 pm »
Marko has received his first call up to the national team for their friendlies against Poland and Estonia.

Grujic gets maiden international call-up for Serbia http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-new-boy-marko-grujic-11061806

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: May 5, 2016, 02:24:41 am »
Marko Grujic prepares for Liverpool FC move by winning the league with Red Star Belgrade

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marko-grujic-prepares-liverpool-fc-11280183

Congratulations Marko! :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #237 on: May 7, 2016, 05:24:36 pm »
His goal today:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0g4S6_lQYRE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0g4S6_lQYRE</a>

Gonna be a monster for us this kid, also he bulked up a lot this 6 months.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #238 on: May 7, 2016, 05:57:06 pm »
Still need another.

Zielinksi will be the other

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: May 7, 2016, 05:58:10 pm »
His goal today:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0g4S6_lQYRE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0g4S6_lQYRE</a>

Gonna be a monster for us this kid, also he bulked up a lot this 6 months.

Wearing the armband for Red Star at that age is impressive in itself. Fantastic goal too.