Author Topic: Welcome Marko Grujic  (Read 224164 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Welcome Marko Grujic
« on: January 6, 2016, 02:03:32 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/202337-reds-complete-marko-grujic-deal

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of Serbia midfielder Marko Grujic.

The 19-year-old put pen to paper on a contract with the Reds at Melwood today to tie up a transfer from Red Star Belgrade, where he will immediately return on loan until the end of the season.

Grujic currently represents Serbia at U21 level and was also a member of their World Cup-winning U20 squad in 2015.

Upon completing the deal, he told Liverpoolfc.com: “I’m very excited and so proud to be here and a member of Liverpool Football Club. I can’t wait to get started, play at Anfield and train at Melwood.

“I was thinking about my progress in my next period and decided it was good for me to come here and try to be the best I can.

“I want to play in front of one of the loudest set of fans in Europe at Anfield.

“I also like the atmospheres at other stadiums, the crowds are very good. I like to play under pressure and that’s why I’ve come here – because it brings out the best in me.”

Grujic’s form in 2015-16 has helped elevate Red Star to the top of the Serbian Superliga, where they entered the current winter break with a 25-point cushion over second-placed FK Cukaricki.

So far this term, he’s netted five goals in 21 league appearances for Red Star after making his debut aged just 17 in 2013.

In joining Liverpool, he becomes Jürgen Klopp’s first signing as Reds boss.

Klopp said: “We’re very pleased because Marko is a big talent and we’ve seen him a lot of times.

“When I came here, our scouts showed me some footage of a very skilled player from Red Star Belgrade. We watched it, we spoke to him, we met each other – he’s a good boy, a young boy but plays an important role at the moment at Red Star, who are the best team in Serbia.

“To describe him, I would say he’s a tall boy, but quick and good at technical things. He can play passes and can dribble. But he is young, so he has to develop. He will do this, so everything is okay.”

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Marko Grujic
« Reply #1 on: January 6, 2016, 02:04:57 pm »
“I want to play in front of one of the loudest set of fans in Europe at Anfield."

Nobody tell him!  ;D

Potentially exciting deal, Buvac obviously sees something in him and Klopp trusts him enough to agree. Love players who have a bit of power to them, our midfield is too weak at times.

Exciting times ahead!
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 6, 2016, 02:05:10 pm »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #3 on: January 6, 2016, 02:05:44 pm »

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 6, 2016, 02:06:30 pm »
Shame he's going back on loan, but good luck to the lad.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 6, 2016, 02:06:42 pm »

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #6 on: January 6, 2016, 02:07:56 pm »
Is welcome the right word for someone we're sending back on loan? Looks like a talent and I like that he'll add some height into the team.

Good to have you on board.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 6, 2016, 02:08:48 pm »
First player in our team that's as tall or taller than Klopp? Even Lovren is an inch or so shorter by my reckoning.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 6, 2016, 02:09:20 pm »
Is welcome the right word for someone we're sending back on loan? Looks like a talent and I like that he'll add some height into the team.

Good to have you on board.

Well he's a Red. So I guess welcome is sort of the right word. Maybe I should add "See you in 5 months" ?

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 6, 2016, 02:09:34 pm »
Welcome Marko!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #10 on: January 6, 2016, 02:10:10 pm »
Welcome.

Taller than Klopp!

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 6, 2016, 02:11:06 pm »
Hello Marko.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 6, 2016, 02:11:46 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/202338-marko-grujic-the-first-liverpool-interview

Marko Grujic has explained why the prospect of playing for Jürgen Klopp in front of the Kop was an opportunity he simply could not resist after he completed his transfer to Liverpool on Wednesday afternoon.

The 19-year-old put pen to paper on a contract with the Reds at Melwood, where he’ll return in time for next season having immediately returned to Red Star Belgrade on loan for the remainder for 2015-16.

Moments after inking his Anfield deal, Grujic sat down with Liverpoolfc.com at the club’s training complex to speak of his delight at securing the move, and recalling why a video clip of 100,000 Kopites singing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ in Melbourne in 2013 is etched in his memory.

Firstly, Marko, welcome to Liverpool Football Club. How are you feeling right now?

Thanks. I’m very excited and so proud to be here and a member of Liverpool Football Club. I can’t wait to get started, play at Anfield and train at Melwood.

Has it sunk in yet? Have you quite come to terms with signing for Liverpool?

No, but I am very happy and excited!

For the Liverpool fans who haven’t seen you play before, what kind of player are you?

I play in midfield and can play as a defensive, central or attacking midfielder. I try a lot to shoot during games, like a box-to-box midfielder. I think I can improve my defensive qualities, but I think it’ll be okay.

You say you can play defensive, central and attacking midfield, do you have a preferred position?

I think central midfield is best for me.

You spoke to Jürgen Klopp before you joined Liverpool – what did he say to you?

He said I must be relaxed and I am coming to a big club, one of the biggest in Europe. And when I start pre-season in preparation for next season, I need to concentrate on my job on the pitch and that’s it.

How much of an influence was the manager on your decision to come to Liverpool?

He called me one month [ago] on my phone and spoke to me very well. I was thinking about my progress in my next period and decided it was good for me to come here and try to be the best I can.

You must be excited at the prospect of working with him?

Yes, that’s normal. When I spoke with him directly I was a little nervous, but after two or three minutes it was okay. He made me feel at ease.

What excites you most about this new challenge in your career?

I’ve only played in the Serbian league and it’s not as high a level as the Premier League, but I think after three or four months, with good preparation here, I’ll be able to play here. I want to play in front of one of the loudest set of fans in Europe at Anfield. I also like the atmospheres at other stadiums, the crowds are very good. I like to play under pressure and that’s why I’ve come here.

You like play under pressure? Does that bring the best out of you?

Yes, and then I give my best.

How much Premier League football have you watched before coming here to Liverpool?

In the last two months, I’ve watched every Liverpool game. When I was linked with Liverpool, I started to watch every game. I also watched them before, but now I watch every game. We’ve been unlucky in some games, but I think in the next period we will take many points and we can finish in one of the top four positions in the league.

You mentioned Anfield earlier. Having watched on TV, will you be excited to actually play in front of the Kop?

Yes. I’ve seen the atmosphere at Anfield – and I’ve also watched a video of when Liverpool played in Melbourne. Our fans made an incredible atmosphere so far away from England. They love the club and that’s most important.

There were 100,000 people in Melbourne that night…

I saw when they sang ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’. That’s why they’re one of the best sets of fans in Europe.

How do you think you’ll feel when you’re out on the pitch at Anfield, wearing a Liverpool shirt and the fans are singing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’?

I don’t know how I’ll be feeling – but I can’t wait to do it! To run out at Anfield and hear how they sing.

Speaking of the Premier League and adapting to the challenges here in England, you’re obviously a very tall midfield player. Do you think your size will help you settle in?

Yes, I think I have good height and if I do more fitness training to adapt to this league, I think my body can do everything I need.

We saw you speaking to Dejan Lovren at Melwood. What’s he told you about Liverpool?

He is from Croatia, which is near to my country, so we speak the same language. He says it is a good idea to come here. He told me about the club and the size of it, and that they have one of the best sets of fans in Europe. He said he can’t wait to see me here.

He’ll be important in helping you settle here at Liverpool?

Yes, I think I’ll need that. I think he will stay in the next period and I will meet with him to start preparation for next season.

Which other players are you looking forward to working alongside here next season?

I like all of the midfielders, but I think Coutinho is one of the best players in his position in Europe – or even the world.

We know you’re going back to Red Star on loan until the end of the season. Will that be important in helping you prepare for Liverpool?

Yes, I must now concentrate on finishing my job. When I was a child, I dreamt of winning the championship with my club and now I am so close, I want to finish the season with my Red Star family – and then I can concentrate 100 per cent on my job at Liverpool.

You say it was a childhood dream to win the title at Red Star. If you do that and then move to Liverpool, how do you think you’ll feel?

Very good. Very good. It would be incredible if I won the championship in my country and then came here as a hero in my country, then I think I can do my best when I come here.

And you’ll be watching every Liverpool game between now and then?

Yes, of course I will watch every game.

Lastly, for the Liverpool fans reading this interview, do you have a message for them?

Marko will give 200 per cent in every training session and match. I think we can win trophies next season.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 6, 2016, 02:12:48 pm »

Liking the sponsor there in the background. One for the RAWK juxtaposition thread.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #14 on: January 6, 2016, 02:13:40 pm »
Don't worry, he's going nowhere.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #15 on: January 6, 2016, 02:14:06 pm »
Can he play CB? :)
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #16 on: January 6, 2016, 02:14:20 pm »
Classic relaxed lean , Welcome to LFC Marko !!

Can he play in defence ?  ;D
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 6, 2016, 02:15:28 pm »

I do love the leading questions we always ask  ;D
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 6, 2016, 02:15:53 pm »
Welcome and good luck, lad.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 6, 2016, 02:17:48 pm »
Classic relaxed lean , Welcome to LFC Marko !!

Already taking in Klopp's advice about being calm, I see.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline rayted_are

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20 on: January 6, 2016, 02:18:56 pm »
Marko Grujic vs FK Vojvodina (15/16)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jx0KAo_6ypY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Jx0KAo_6ypY</a>

Marko Grujic (Serbia) vs Hungary (U20 WC) (09.06.2015) <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8Sf9Ee6Yvrg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8Sf9Ee6Yvrg</a>

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 6, 2016, 02:20:02 pm »
First player in our team that's as tall or taller than Klopp? Even Lovren is an inch or so shorter by my reckoning.

First thing I noticed too. We can use some size for sure.

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 6, 2016, 02:21:59 pm »
Great bit of business like the kid a real central midfield General in the making. Think this is a great signing . Good luck Marko and welcome to LFC. Y.N.W.A.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #23 on: January 6, 2016, 02:25:01 pm »
Welcome. Goodbye for now.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #24 on: January 6, 2016, 02:25:02 pm »
"Welcome Marko, first of all on behalf of everyone at Liverpool Football club, I'd like to say how great Istanbul was, do you remember it?"

"Thank you and...er... oh yeah I remember it was a great footb-"

"Istanbul was surely the greatest match ever, do you remember where you were when Smicer scored?"

"It was a great game, and I think I must have been in-"

"What about the Kop, do you think the Kop is the best thing ever?"

"Yes I think the Kop is-"

"I'm going to have to stop you there Marko, because the Kop is actually the second greatest thing...Istanbul is first."

"Oh...so it was a trick question?"

"Luis Suarez."

"He's a g-"

"Thanks for your time Marko, see you in 6 months."
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #25 on: January 6, 2016, 02:27:52 pm »
"Welcome Marko, first of all on behalf of everyone at Liverpool Football club, I'd like to say how great Istanbul was, do you remember it?"

"Istanbul was surely the greatest match ever, do you remember where you were when Smicer scored?"

"I'm going to have to stop you there Marko, because the Kop is actually the second greatest thing...Istanbul is first."

"Luis Suarez."

"He's a g-"

;D

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 6, 2016, 02:29:52 pm »
Tall lad. Hope he doesn't have a growth spurt :P
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 6, 2016, 02:32:02 pm »
No tattoos. A change in signing policy going on here?

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 6, 2016, 02:34:41 pm »

I do love the leading questions we always ask  ;D

Opposite, hate the propaganda we throw at new players when they sign.

Hopefully the lad can fit right in from next season. Reading the interview he's someone that's been put to klopp rather than klopp saying go get him.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #29 on: January 6, 2016, 02:36:02 pm »
Can't he play Friday and then go on loan?

Welcome
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 6, 2016, 02:36:09 pm »
Opposite, hate the propaganda we throw at new players when they sign.

Hopefully the lad can fit right in from next season. Reading the interview he's someone that's been put to klopp rather than klopp saying go get him.

Probably how most of our transfers will go. Klopp isn't going to go and scout players himself, instead he'll have certain players put to him and he'll have the say on which ones we pursue.

Offline TJ2318H

• Main Stander
« Reply #31 on: January 6, 2016, 02:38:08 pm »

"Luis Suarez."

"He's a g-"

You left out the Gerrard questions.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 6, 2016, 02:39:30 pm »
Probably how most of our transfers will go. Klopp isn't going to go and scout players himself, instead he'll have certain players put to him and he'll have the say on which ones we pursue.

Most transfers seem to work that way it seems.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 6, 2016, 02:39:34 pm »

No I know that but I think everybody wants klopp to have more involvement I the players we get in than previous managers. Transfer commitee hardly getting honourable mentions each passing window.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #34 on: January 6, 2016, 02:39:41 pm »
Welcome Marko :wave

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 6, 2016, 02:40:56 pm »
Most transfers seem to work that way it seems.

Well some on here seem to think Klopp has encyclopaedic knowledge of every player and is going to unearth loads of young players on his own.

Offline ranimi

• Anny Roader
« Reply #36 on: January 6, 2016, 02:41:42 pm »
Dont worry Marko... The hanger will be removed next season...   ;)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 6, 2016, 02:43:54 pm »
Its good that he will come back in the summer. He is 19 and is coming from the Serbian league. Not that it will affect the managers decision but the fans would have created unrealistic expectations of how good he is (see Illori).

This way, he gets pre season, Klopp gets to see how good he is and we dont put pressure on him as we can focus on several more experienced additions (hopefully).

Also looks as if he was a signing on the cards before Klopp arrived.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2016, 02:50:41 pm by killer_heels »

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 6, 2016, 02:56:27 pm »
Welcome Marko. You're going to be part of something great here.

(Now I'm going to return to my reflection on what it must be like to be a footballer at 19 years old and have "Jürgen Klopp, Liverpool FC" appear on your phone.   :champ)
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 6, 2016, 03:12:04 pm »
World Class leaning going on
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid