Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 92286 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #560 on: July 23, 2016, 07:53:50 pm »

Does that work for choppers, Chops?

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #561 on: July 23, 2016, 07:57:32 pm »
Has anybody watched the lfc video on first training session in US?
Henderson's neck is covers in huge lumps.

Apparently an allergic reaction to the new Nivea moisturiser.
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #562 on: July 23, 2016, 07:59:04 pm »
We'll be able to see very quickly if the 'all action' Henderson has fully recovered from his injury.
I hope (for his sake) he has.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #563 on: July 23, 2016, 08:00:02 pm »
Does that work for choppers, Chops?

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: July 23, 2016, 08:07:47 pm »
Apparently an allergic reaction to the new Nivea moisturiser.
😂

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #565 on: July 23, 2016, 08:50:24 pm »
Love bites from Lallana.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #566 on: July 23, 2016, 08:56:02 pm »
Quote from: lgvkarlos on Today at 06:28:49 PM

With meditation and hypnotism we have moved the problem in Henderson's heel to his neck. It still hurts but he now is able to run freely.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: July 23, 2016, 09:02:40 pm »
😊
Have you actually seen them?
The size of golf balls.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #568 on: July 23, 2016, 09:26:33 pm »
[emoji4]
The size of golf balls.
Trick of the light

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: July 23, 2016, 09:27:22 pm »
😊
The size of golf balls.

We are still talking about the lumps on his neck here yeah?

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #570 on: July 25, 2016, 05:12:51 pm »
Has anyone noticed the lump on the back of Henderson's neck? I hope it's something that's been checked out, as it looks pretty serious.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #571 on: July 25, 2016, 05:14:35 pm »
Here's an example

Has that always been there? Never noticed it before.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #572 on: July 25, 2016, 05:24:20 pm »
Needs to get that weird looking vein looked at too while he's sorting out the lump.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: July 25, 2016, 05:25:44 pm »
Needs to get that weird looking vein looked at too while he's sorting out the lump.
It looks like a rainbow

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #574 on: July 25, 2016, 05:51:43 pm »
Knew he was a robot

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: July 31, 2016, 03:21:22 pm »
Step 1- say nice things: I love Hendo and hope he can ramp back up to his 13-14 level.  Top man. Great hair. I LOVE HIS RUNNING STYLE.  Seriously,strong hair game.  Vocal leader and model professional. With really outstanding hair

Step 2- while sitting here personally fatter than jabba the hut, critique, throw shade, SLANDER THAT MAN:

Alright, granted it was his first preseason action last night, but the performance: he's got Hodgson-England-itis BAD.  England-itis meaning that his positional sense amounts to "move self until standing squarely in the vision of the person with the ball. If possible be within 3 feet of the person in possession, squarely facing them with feet flat and weight on heels. DEMAND THE BALL.  Good, got it!  Now, give it back to them. Or, try to do something, but you must firstly collect possession in the manner of someone who dropped something whilst walking out to their car and who had to crabwalk back to grab it before proceeding with the mission at hand.  Do not get into a good position and let the ball find you."  How many times last night were Lovren and Klavan calmly working the ball forward as Hendo was dropping deeeeeeper and deeeeeeper to demand the ball, until literally plonking himself in their passing lanes?

Step 3- apologize and back away, slowly: Hendo is a very good player and it was one preseason game. Also, I'm a huge douche nozzle.  Just wanted to gauge how people feel about his progress under Klopp. Love and hugs
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #576 on: July 31, 2016, 08:37:01 pm »
Also, I'm a huge douche nozzle.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: July 31, 2016, 09:42:51 pm »
He should get some tatts, they would look really great on him.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: July 31, 2016, 09:43:23 pm »

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #579 on: July 31, 2016, 10:11:03 pm »
Step 1- say nice things: I love Hendo and hope he can ramp back up to his 13-14 level.  Top man. Great hair. I LOVE HIS RUNNING STYLE.  Seriously,strong hair game.  Vocal leader and model professional. With really outstanding hair

Step 2- while sitting here personally fatter than jabba the hut, critique, throw shade, SLANDER THAT MAN:

Alright, granted it was his first preseason action last night, but the performance: he's got Hodgson-England-itis BAD.  England-itis meaning that his positional sense amounts to "move self until standing squarely in the vision of the person with the ball. If possible be within 3 feet of the person in possession, squarely facing them with feet flat and weight on heels. DEMAND THE BALL.  Good, got it!  Now, give it back to them. Or, try to do something, but you must firstly collect possession in the manner of someone who dropped something whilst walking out to their car and who had to crabwalk back to grab it before proceeding with the mission at hand.  Do not get into a good position and let the ball find you."  How many times last night were Lovren and Klavan calmly working the ball forward as Hendo was dropping deeeeeeper and deeeeeeper to demand the ball, until literally plonking himself in their passing lanes?

Step 3- apologize and back away, slowly: Hendo is a very good player and it was one preseason game. Also, I'm a huge douche nozzle.  Just wanted to gauge how people feel about his progress under Klopp. Love and hugs
Even though I rate Henderson, this is a fantastic post.  ;D

Offline psycllone

• Main Stander
  • Neo, its about time you free your mind.
« Reply #580 on: July 31, 2016, 11:23:57 pm »
So most likely it looks like he's gonna stay on as the captain for the next season right?
Your intelligence is my common sense.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: August 1, 2016, 02:03:48 am »
I've had a word with myself
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #582 on: August 1, 2016, 02:37:46 am »
Henderson is not a deep-lying midfielder, and I think when the season gets started that won't be where he'll play.

He'll be one of the two in front of Can/Stewart, with Wijnaldum, Grujic or Ejaria.

When he plays in his actual position, we'll see him do a lot better.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: August 1, 2016, 02:49:52 am »
So most likely it looks like he's gonna stay on as the captain for the next season right?

No one else stands out, so he keeps it I suppose
choose Life.

Offline bepoq

• a-lu-la!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #584 on: August 1, 2016, 02:56:34 am »

and did you give your head a wobble?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: August 1, 2016, 03:13:32 am »

You forgot one bit. Forcibly receive the ball, do a turn while receiving it so that he can play a pass to the right wing to the right back. The right back then passes it back to the central defenders as he is being pressed. Then Henderson demands the ball from the centre back and plays it back to the right back. Rinse and repeat.

Henderson is a lot of things, but we're fucked if he's our deep-lying midfielder. In fact, I would go so far as to say that he can't play in a midfield two.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #586 on: August 1, 2016, 03:55:04 am »
Henderson is a lot of things, but we're fucked if he's our deep-lying midfielder. In fact, I would go so far as to say that he can't play in a midfield two.
He's criminally wasted as a deep-lying midfielder. Marauding down the field to link up the attack is what he's really good at - reminds me of a certain former captain in terms of the play style.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: August 1, 2016, 04:10:10 am »
You forgot one bit. Forcibly receive the ball, do a turn while receiving it so that he can play a pass to the right wing to the right back. The right back then passes it back to the central defenders as he is being pressed. Then Henderson demands the ball from the centre back and plays it back to the right back. Rinse and repeat.

You must have been shitting yourself when we traveled to Dortmund last season with Henderson partnering Can in midfield. We must have been completely outmatched.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: August 1, 2016, 05:11:19 am »
You must have been shitting yourself when we traveled to Dortmund last season with Henderson partnering Can in midfield. We must have been completely outmatched.

That is just the usual argument of 'But he had a good game there once, therefore there is no problem'. Henderson has had good games playing in a midfield two, but his best work comes in a midfield three, and in a two, I think he struggles. Especially the deeper he plays.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: August 1, 2016, 10:20:52 am »
That is just the usual argument of 'But he had a good game there once, therefore there is no problem'. Henderson has had good games playing in a midfield two, but his best work comes in a midfield three, and in a two, I think he struggles. Especially the deeper he plays.

In the Milan game he definitely played Hendo on the base with Wijnaldum as the free man going upfield. But if Can was playing instead of Wijnaldum, it could be the opposite. I think there will be flexibility there eventually, depending on who is in the lineup.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: August 1, 2016, 10:24:35 am »
In the Milan game he definitely played Hendo on the base with Wijnaldum as the free man going upfield. But if Can was playing instead of Wijnaldum, it could be the opposite. I think there will be flexibility there eventually, depending on who is in the lineup.

I don't disagree. But I think it was quite telling that it was Henderson that dropped deeper rather than Gini, because Can is our undisputed first choice for the deeper lying role now. He has slowly but surely been turning into our best midfield player, and I think that at this point in time, he is our best midfielder though he is inconsistent.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: August 1, 2016, 10:28:31 am »
I don't disagree. But I think it was quite telling that it was Henderson that dropped deeper rather than Gini, because Can is our undisputed first choice for the deeper lying role now. He has slowly but surely been turning into our best midfield player, and I think that at this point in time, he is our best midfielder though he is inconsistent.

The incumbent though I think is Henderson if it came down to him or Wijnaldum for the two base slots besides Can. I've only seen Wijnaldum play in one game for us so far, and he does look terrific with the ball. But when the season starts, and we're playing the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, I reckon Klopp's going to go for the known quantity instead of throwing Gini into the deep end. The position therefore is Henderson's to lose.

Offline Kop 81

• Spineless.
  • Kopite
  • We've got KLOPP!
« Reply #592 on: August 1, 2016, 10:39:03 am »
Why does Hendo get so much stick from oppo fans when the likes of Herrera, Fabregas, Fernando etc etc consistenly have stinkers for their clubs?

It's like oppo fans don't watch their own teams, only ours.

Had a load of stick from a mate about Hendo over the weekend (everton fan) and I was like - yeah, you have Barry and McCarthy I wouldnt say anythng else.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #593 on: August 1, 2016, 10:49:10 am »

:D

Very gracefully put though. And accurate too perhaps.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #594 on: August 1, 2016, 12:15:26 pm »
Milner was the 3rd CM  :) .

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #595 on: August 1, 2016, 12:17:54 pm »
Milner was the 3rd CM  :) .

From memory it was more Milner on the right with Lallana behind Origi. Henderson and Can both stunk the place out badly in the first half, we were very lucky to be 1-0 up.

I don't see why it disloyal or whatever to question Henderson's suitability as a deep-lying midfielder, whether it's on his own or in a 2. He has rarely performed well there and looks much more at home to the right or left in a '1-2' midfield set-up.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2016, 12:19:27 pm by bcurtis92 »

Offline mascherano20

• Main Stander
« Reply #596 on: August 1, 2016, 12:40:33 pm »
The incumbent though I think is Henderson if it came down to him or Wijnaldum for the two base slots besides Can. I've only seen Wijnaldum play in one game for us so far, and he does look terrific with the ball. But when the season starts, and we're playing the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, I reckon Klopp's going to go for the known quantity instead of throwing Gini into the deep end. The position therefore is Henderson's to lose.

You are spot on with this and he will almost certainly lose the position. Klopp will demand our midfield to be exceptional on the ball and while Henderson is strong, he isn't top top level when it comes to forward passing and getting us out of trouble when under pressure.

Love the guy for his passion, energy, drive and fearlessness and will play some blinders this season, he resembles a headless chicken at times- think he could find himself used less and less as the season goes on.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #597 on: August 1, 2016, 01:17:13 pm »
You are spot on with this and he will almost certainly lose the position. Klopp will demand our midfield to be exceptional on the ball and while Henderson is strong, he isn't top top level when it comes to forward passing and getting us out of trouble when under pressure.

Love the guy for his passion, energy, drive and fearlessness and will play some blinders this season, he resembles a headless chicken at times- think he could find himself used less and less as the season goes on.
As already mentioned before - by how his perceived weaknesses are described, we seem to have a fairly incompetent player leading the club as captain here.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #598 on: August 1, 2016, 01:50:05 pm »
As already mentioned before - by how his perceived weaknesses are described, we seem to have a fairly incompetent player leading the club as captain here.

Rooney is captain of United and he's shite now. Not saying Henderson is shite, just saying that just because he's captain, doesn't really mean a lot right now and captaincy can be more about player's mentality and leadership qualities (which Henderson has in spades) rather than talent.

For example, Shawcross, Noble, Dawson, O'Shea, etc are currently captains in the EPL. They're all shite though.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #599 on: August 1, 2016, 01:55:50 pm »
Isn't the whole point of what Klopp is trying to do is to make us have a stronger, better and more balanced squad? Ideally we'd want a strong first XI that can be picked from 20 or so players with an ability to change tactics and formations depending on the opposition. To me Henderson is ideal for what Klopp is looking to do and some of the shite posted on here about the lad is why I rarely post anything these days. The authority with which some people state how ineffective / useless / ill suited to our squad Henderson is makes me wonder whether we got it wrong appointing Klopp!!
JFT97