Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3306157 times)

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #13840 on: July 29, 2016, 12:09:54 pm »
New podcast up hosted by Neil Mellor with guest Chris Kirkland - looking forward to having a listen to that, especially if Mellor's a regular.

One of the best podcasts they've ever done in my opinion, great insight.  Mellor was great and thought Kirkland really warmed into it as well.

More of the same please.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13841 on: July 29, 2016, 12:33:23 pm »
Diao popped in to my mind.

Good shout.

Did I hear Kirkland mention he wants to go into management? I thought he seemed a really logical bloke, seemed to really understand pre-season scheduling for example.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13842 on: July 30, 2016, 04:12:45 pm »
Gareth Roberts is a saint.

Offline rodo

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13843 on: July 31, 2016, 06:33:18 am »
only gone an bagged an interview with klopp  ;D

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13844 on: July 31, 2016, 06:19:18 pm »
Uploaded now. Huge coup for them. Well in lads.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13845 on: July 31, 2016, 07:09:42 pm »
Just listening to the Klopp interview, fantastic stuff so far, especially the stuff about the effect of the crowd's support such as against Dortmund and wishing it could always be like that - and the bit about fans not moaning during the game!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13846 on: July 31, 2016, 07:10:37 pm »
Just listening to the Klopp interview, fantastic stuff so far, especially the stuff about the effect of the crowd's support such as against Dortmund and wishing it could always be like that - and the bit about fans not moaning during the game!
Bit annoyed he said it was ok afterwards, since I have to moderate the absolute whoppers on here! ;D

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13847 on: July 31, 2016, 07:17:10 pm »
Bit annoyed he said it was ok afterwards, since I have to moderate the absolute whoppers on here! ;D

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13848 on: July 31, 2016, 07:39:31 pm »
Well in lads, boss that. Interesting to hear him speak, he's as big a football romantic as Neil is!

His almost childlike enthusiasm and raw love and passion for the sport is just incredible. So many managers and fans have lost that, including me at times
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #13849 on: July 31, 2016, 09:10:51 pm »
John Gibbons's laughter is world class.

One of the best TAW shows ever.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:34:05 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13850 on: July 31, 2016, 09:38:01 pm »
Was excellent, well done all.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13851 on: July 31, 2016, 09:53:01 pm »
Gibbons from recollection was very quick to slate Klopp for trying to get the fans going during the final, had a great opportunity to challenge him on it there. ;D

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #13852 on: July 31, 2016, 09:54:46 pm »
Well in lads, boss that. Interesting to hear him speak, he's as big a football romantic as Neil is!

His almost childlike enthusiasm and raw love and passion for the sport is just incredible. So many managers and fans have lost that, including me at times

To be honest I'm surprised Neil wasn't physically fist pumping when he was talking about the  "doing your job over 90 mins" and the "we're going to compete" part!

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #13853 on: July 31, 2016, 09:56:48 pm »
Can't wait to listen on the way in to work tomoz - although I already know it'll be ace. Top job for getting the interview, you lot have come a long way in a few years, personally I think it's amazing how you've turned a hobby into a job, and not rinsed people for the pleasure - hats off.

Offline Hodgeheg

• Boys Pen
« Reply #13854 on: August 1, 2016, 10:24:26 am »
Does anyone have problems listening to either TAW player or the free pod when listening on android?

I use Doggcatcher and I cant use the skip or rewind buttons, if I do the podcast starts again from the beginning. Also if I pause it some of the time it will start again where I paused it but most of the time it will start again from the beginning. Really annoying as I listen at work so have to pause all the time.

These feeds are the only ones that do it and all my settings are the same across all my feeds. I have emailed TAW and they cant see why it does it cant do anything about it. This only happened it the last few months, everything was fine before. I downloaded a couple of other podcast apps and I see the same thing.

I have cancelled my subscription as I cant really get through a whole episode without going back to the start 3 or 4 times so I end up skipping it completely.

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13855 on: August 1, 2016, 03:40:49 pm »
Does anyone have problems listening to either TAW player or the free pod when listening on android?

I use Doggcatcher and I cant use the skip or rewind buttons, if I do the podcast starts again from the beginning. Also if I pause it some of the time it will start again where I paused it but most of the time it will start again from the beginning. Really annoying as I listen at work so have to pause all the time.

These feeds are the only ones that do it and all my settings are the same across all my feeds. I have emailed TAW and they cant see why it does it cant do anything about it. This only happened it the last few months, everything was fine before. I downloaded a couple of other podcast apps and I see the same thing.

I have cancelled my subscription as I cant really get through a whole episode without going back to the start 3 or 4 times so I end up skipping it completely.

I use Podcast Addict and I've never had a problem.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13856 on: August 1, 2016, 03:47:37 pm »

This. I tried Podbean once and it was rubbish.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #13857 on: August 1, 2016, 03:49:38 pm »

We can't control what app developers do with their apps.

Podcast addict works fine.
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13858 on: August 1, 2016, 03:51:38 pm »
Gibbons from recollection was very quick to slate Klopp for trying to get the fans going during the final, had a great opportunity to challenge him on it there. ;D

Haha, imagine that.   ;D
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Cliche Guevara

• Boys Pen
« Reply #13859 on: August 1, 2016, 07:59:35 pm »

I'm using Podcast Addict and have the exact same issues as yer man above, no idea what causes it. The Wrap is the only podcast I have problems with, and I have the same issues with it on other podcast apps.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #13860 on: August 1, 2016, 07:59:58 pm »
Great stuff on the Klopp podcast lads but surely someone's gotta be telling him he can't be singing "take me home" any more ;)
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Hodgeheg

• Boys Pen
« Reply #13861 on: August 2, 2016, 07:52:04 am »

Podcast addict gives me the same issues. The 15 or so other feeds have no problems with  just the 2 TAW feeds.

Offline filthy1980

• tax dodger
  • Kopite
  • conspiracy shite
« Reply #13862 on: August 2, 2016, 09:02:28 am »

Have you tried BeyondPod, it's the best one i've found

had maybe one or two problems with the TAW feed since i first subscribed but they were a long time ago,

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13863 on: August 2, 2016, 09:07:26 am »
I use Pocket Casts on Android, no issues to report.

Offline Hodgeheg

• Boys Pen
« Reply #13864 on: August 2, 2016, 09:18:38 am »
Have you tried BeyondPod, it's the best one i've found

had maybe one or two problems with the TAW feed since i first subscribed but they were a long time ago,

I think the problem is with certain hardware versions of Android phones not liking the file encoding(?) that TAW uses. I set doggcatcher to play the file on VLC and the problems are gone.

All of the podcast apps use the integrated music player and I tried at least 5 different podcast apps all with the same problems. There must be something slightly different with the TAW files that bang up against the problem which others don't.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13865 on: August 2, 2016, 09:25:26 am »
Podcast addict gives me the same issues. The 15 or so other feeds have no problems with  just the 2 TAW feeds.

No need to be prickly.

Offline Hodgeheg

• Boys Pen
« Reply #13866 on: August 2, 2016, 09:53:07 am »
No need to be prickly.

Absolutely no prickles were written.

Just saying its only the TAW ones that I have problems with.

I got it now
« Last Edit: August 2, 2016, 10:45:50 am by Hodgeheg »

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13867 on: August 2, 2016, 10:40:55 am »
Absolutely no prickles were written.

Just saying its only the TAW ones that I have problems with.

Don't worry, you'll get used to his "hilarious" puns... ;)

Offline filthy1980

• tax dodger
  • Kopite
  • conspiracy shite
« Reply #13868 on: August 2, 2016, 10:44:11 am »
I think the problem is with certain hardware versions of Android phones not liking the file encoding(?) that TAW uses. I set doggcatcher to play the file on VLC and the problems are gone.

All of the podcast apps use the integrated music player and I tried at least 5 different podcast apps all with the same problems. There must be something slightly different with the TAW files that bang up against the problem which others don't.

yes kinda the problem with Android platform, there are soooo many variables it's very difficult to code for all OS and hardware variants

Offline Hodgeheg

• Boys Pen
« Reply #13869 on: August 2, 2016, 10:45:12 am »
Don't worry, you'll get used to his "hilarious" puns... ;)

I did turn the pun radar on at first but nothing was detected. It took a while but it eventually got a hit.

Offline filthy1980

• tax dodger
  • Kopite
  • conspiracy shite
« Reply #13870 on: August 2, 2016, 10:59:26 am »
couldn't help but groan when on the latest free pod Peter Hootan (i think) expressed his disappointment at Klopp not engaging with fan groups more  ???

not quite sure what the expectation of klopp was but expecting him to attend supporter group AGM's is a bit much for someone still not a year into the job

think we was quite well countered by the others on the pod in fairness

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #13871 on: August 2, 2016, 11:31:57 am »
Would be cool if the TAW crew made a connection with Klopp that can start a conversation around the crowd, ticket/walk out-understanding between club and fans. Seemed like Klopp enjoyed their company and spoke even more freely than usual.

Klopp should subscribe to TAW player or get instant access to it. Maybe he would be into that to get a pulse of the conversation between supporters.

Offline filthy1980

• tax dodger
  • Kopite
  • conspiracy shite
« Reply #13872 on: August 2, 2016, 11:54:38 am »
Would be cool if the TAW crew made a connection with Klopp that can start a conversation around the crowd, ticket/walk out-understanding between club and fans. Seemed like Klopp enjoyed their company and spoke even more freely than usual.

Klopp should subscribe to TAW player or get instant access to it. Maybe he would be into that to get a pulse of the conversation between supporters.

I'd prefer him to concentrate on managing the football side of things, don't think it's fair to add this responsibility to his job  description others in the club should be doing the fan engagement, if fan groups aren't happy with the audience / answers they get that's a seperate issue not one the manager should be burdened with

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #13873 on: August 2, 2016, 12:21:17 pm »

Has anybody ever referred to you as an idealist?

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #13874 on: August 2, 2016, 12:29:48 pm »

Indeed, maybe do the occasional AFQ as well... :P

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13876 on: August 2, 2016, 02:36:10 pm »
My nephew did this for them

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/07/liverpool-what-working-in-retail-taught-me-about-meeting-footballers/

That's a belter of a story. The Brad Jones anecdote made me cringe, it's like something out of a Larry David script.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13878 on: August 2, 2016, 03:16:21 pm »
My nephew did this for them

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/07/liverpool-what-working-in-retail-taught-me-about-meeting-footballers/

That's a brilliant read, so many nice little touches throughout. The Enrique and Suso stories are hilarious.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13879 on: August 2, 2016, 03:47:43 pm »
I cancelled a PayPal direct debit to TAW Player in May as I didn't have any long commutes for a while.

Can you just restart it again, or is there a 'once cancelled that's it' policy?

Would i have to restart it on a different card?
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??