The Liverpool FC Forum > RAWK Announcements, Feedback & Questions

Logins not secure?

(1/2) > >>

Filler.:
Not a biggy... but on my old, soon to die laptop, the login area on the top right disappeared. 'And I thought... that's funny'. Now when I log into that, it tells me it's not secure. Yet on this other virgin white proper laptop (which was clean and sweet and fast until I clicked 'yes' to windows 10), it lets me log in as usual. Even the login area is up there. Sad to see. I guess it's bin time.  :wave

SP:

--- Quote from: Filler. on March 15, 2017, 12:12:53 am ---Not a biggy... but on my old, soon to die laptop, the login area on the top right disappeared. 'And I thought... that's funny'. Now when I log into that, it tells me it's not secure. Yet on this other virgin white proper laptop (which was clean and sweet and fast until I clicked 'yes' to windows 10), it lets me log in as usual. Even the login area is up there. Sad to see. I guess it's bin time.  :wave

--- End quote ---

It refers to the protocol that is being used. Some browsers are now flagging HTTP connections for passwords. Given the lack of financial consequences, it is not a major concern. Ben is planning a switch to HTTPS once SMF sort some of their shit out.

Filler.:
Ah... that explains it. ;D ;)

Elmo!:

--- Quote from: SP on March 15, 2017, 12:29:25 am ---It refers to the protocol that is being used. Some browsers are now flagging HTTP connections for passwords. Given the lack of financial consequences, it is not a major concern. Ben is planning a switch to HTTPS once SMF sort some of their shit out.

--- End quote ---

I know this isn't RAWK's fault but unfortunately a lot of people use the same password on multiple sites, so if there RAWK password was discovered it could lead them to being hacked elsewhere.

To be honest if you use the same password for sites like RAWK as you do for your important accounts like banking and email, you deserve everything you get...

ToneLa:
New Firefox has a bug which does this btw.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version