Author Topic: Sports Coaching Software  (Read 596 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Sports Coaching Software
« on: May 3, 2011, 03:29:58 pm »
Firstly are there any coaches (football, rugby, etc) out there?  Is there any one piece of sports coaching software that is head and shoulders above the others?  I've seen TACTfoot (specifically for football and looks all singing and dancing), and also gameplanner which you can use for a few team sports and could be used at college/school/academy level.  Primarily I'm looking at football but there maybe a crossover into other sports such as rugby.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
Re: Sports Coaching Software
« Reply #1 on: May 3, 2011, 03:43:39 pm »
Prozone?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #2 on: May 3, 2011, 04:06:44 pm »
Football Manager 2011

;)

Offline simonchamp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 3, 2011, 04:10:20 pm »
Can't you use Hodgson's Nobo board?
Justice - 22 years overdue.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #4 on: May 3, 2011, 04:11:28 pm »
Had a look at Prozone but it seems a more "after the fact" analysis software rather than forward looking/tactics.  I suppose it could go hand in hand with coaching software.  As they're based about 10miles down the road i might give them a call (never knew they were based in Leeds)! 

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #5 on: May 3, 2011, 04:39:52 pm »
There is a video where Rafa talks to a Journo (in Spanish) and walks to his office and opens his laptop, possibly telling him about his daily routine at Melwood.

He uses something like the interface of Prozone. With lots of dots and a green BG. Not sure though.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 3, 2011, 04:41:35 pm »
FIFA manager mode
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7 on: May 3, 2011, 04:43:22 pm »
Firstly are there any coaches (football, rugby, etc) out there?  Is there any one piece of sports coaching software that is head and shoulders above the others?  I've seen TACTfoot (specifically for football and looks all singing and dancing), and also gameplanner which you can use for a few team sports and could be used at college/school/academy level.  Primarily I'm looking at football but there maybe a crossover into other sports such as rugby.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline simonchamp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 3, 2011, 04:47:12 pm »
I'm with Andy...

To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.

You need to bat for the other side Ziltoid.  ;D
Justice - 22 years overdue.