Author Topic: FIFA 13 Ultimate Team - FAQ in OP  (Read 183042 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: FIFA 13 Ultimate Team - FAQ in OP
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2012, 11:57:48 pm »
They absolutely must reset it. I'm in a better position than most atm, but if they don't start is again, the economy and integrity of the game is ruined from the word go. It's a shame that those who've traded fairly will lose out, but they'll lose more in the long run if the game is completely fucked. At the moment, I've got around 6k, seven or eight non-rare PL golds to sell and my first 11 in place. 1st team was- Al Habsi, Santon, Vertonghen, Luiz, Johnson, Arteta, Fellaini, Britton, Assaidi, Balotelli and Sturridge. Won't matter though if everyone has got Ronaldo. They must reset it, no other option really.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2012, 12:40:36 am »
So much for everything being through the server now to stop hackers eh?

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2012, 12:48:32 am »
So much for everything being through the server now to stop hackers eh?
A few people have posted pictures of conversations they're having with customer service. Saying 48hrs til it's back up, and the hacking stories are rumours that aren't true.

Not sure if I believe the hacks are rumours though..

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2012, 04:13:47 am »
A few people have posted pictures of conversations they're having with customer service. Saying 48hrs til it's back up, and the hacking stories are rumours that aren't true.

Not sure if I believe the hacks are rumours though..

The hacks ARE true. There's a well known forum that it was publicised on. It wasn't some difficult hack, any kid in their bedroom could do it. I can't believe EA hadn't patched it already, not checking on the server if the request is valid is fucking stupid.

I hope they reset it. I couldn't be arsed trading as it was a constant battle to get on, but I had Falcao in a pack who I hoped to sell for up to 100k when the game was out. He won't be worth anything if the market is flooded though.

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2012, 10:10:16 am »
What a bunch of sad little bellends.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2012, 11:15:53 am »
The hack does seem to have happened. Loads of people posted legit looking screenshots of all the 85+ players they got for 200 coins. EA are in a very delicate situation right now. There's nothing they can do that doesn't upset a lot of people. A reset is the fairest thing, and even that's rather unsatisfactory. The in-game economy is totally fucked. Millions of coins that shouldn't be out there are, and there's hundreds of Ronaldo's and Messi's out there that will distort the economy further. They can only reset, but they'll probably do something highly buffoon-like. Ban some and allow the game to be ruined from the get go. A lot who spend actual money in the game are already threatening a boycott. If EA realise they could lose a lot of money, they'll probably kowtow to the masses. 
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2012, 11:15:57 am »
The one time I get a GOOD player (Xavi) from a pack there's a reset? :( :( :(
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2012, 11:17:31 am »
The one time I get a GOOD player (Xavi) from a pack there's a reset? :( :( :(
A reset is rumoured. It's players like you who a reset is unfair on, but if they don't reset, you're Xavi will probably be worthless as the market is currently flooded with him.

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2012, 11:32:12 am »
I may sound thick but I don't really know how to work Ultimate Team, i had fifa 12 and gave it a go but just seemed a little confused. I am planning on purchasing Fifa 13 next week and wanna get into Ultimate Team this year, can someone give me a quick dummies guide?
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2012, 11:46:36 am »
I may sound thick but I don't really know how to work Ultimate Team, i had fifa 12 and gave it a go but just seemed a little confused. I am planning on purchasing Fifa 13 next week and wanna get into Ultimate Team this year, can someone give me a quick dummies guide?

Are you too old to of played with footy stickers/pokemon cards/yu-gi-oh cards? If not its like that really.

A card game were you buy packs or buy players of people and play with the team you acquire by doing so.

It's really fun to be honest once you get into it.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2012, 11:47:26 am »
I have pre-ordered the ultimate edition.  If they do not reset I am cancelling my pre-order.

What's the point of paying extra for the gold packs, when all the player will be utterly worthless when I open them? Also, why would anyone spend MS points or PSN points on worthless packs?  This is why I think EA will reset as it will cost them financially.

Anyone that has a season ticket should demand a refund for the same reason.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:51:31 am by Craig S »

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2012, 11:48:31 am »
Reckon I'll be able to buy the ultimate team edition in the shops or is it only available through Pre-orders?

Offline Equilibrium

• Anny Roader
  • Only a select few achieve greatness...
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2012, 11:52:37 am »
Step 1.  Buy players.           Step 2.  Achieve 100 chemistry.       Step 3: Win tournaments.       The end.
Vidal, Ronaldo, Neymar, Falcao, Veratti.

Mourinho, Klopp, Conte, Prandelli,Diego Simeone.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2012, 11:52:59 am »
Reckon I'll be able to buy the ultimate team edition in the shops or is it only available through Pre-orders?
You can get it in store too, or you could last year. But I would wait, if they don't sort this shit out then the gold packs will be worthless, you won't be able to sell the players.

I'm probably cancelling my ultimate edition and ordering the standard one as there will be no benefit.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2012, 12:03:25 pm »
You can get it in store too, or you could last year. But I would wait, if they don't sort this shit out then the gold packs will be worthless, you won't be able to sell the players.

I'm probably cancelling my ultimate edition and ordering the standard one as there will be no benefit.

They will sort out this mess mate, EA make mega money on UT all year long so they will focus all their attention on sorting this out.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2012, 12:11:17 pm »
They will sort out this mess mate, EA make mega money on UT all year long so they will focus all their attention on sorting this out.

Actually last year i got the normal one for Ł25, then managed to get the ultimate edition code for Ł3 online. Not sure if they will be available again this year though.

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2012, 12:24:36 pm »
Are you too old to of played with footy stickers/pokemon cards/yu-gi-oh cards? If not its like that really.

A card game were you buy packs or buy players of people and play with the team you acquire by doing so.

It's really fun to be honest once you get into it.

Step 1.  Buy players.           Step 2.  Achieve 100 chemistry.       Step 3: Win tournaments.       The end.

Seems quite straight forward if you ask me, Thanks for the help. I will have a butchers next week and give it a crack.
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2012, 01:05:11 pm »
Back into the web app.

I'm on PS3 atm, and the market doesn't look too bad. There are no Messi or Ronaldo's up so maybe they've fixed the issue?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2012, 01:15:39 pm »
Wait, so the web app is up again??

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2012, 01:20:18 pm »
Wait, so the web app is up again??
Yeah, I'm on it now. Signed in and then signed out/in again to check the first time wasn't a fluke. Seem's ok at the moment.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2012, 01:21:01 pm »
Yeah, I'm on it now. Signed in and then signed out/in again to check the first time wasn't a fluke. Seem's ok at the moment.

Get in, Cheers

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2012, 01:29:57 pm »
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2012, 01:31:55 pm »
Yeah I'm in all my players are there so I'm happy :)

I thought we could all help each other out by nominating beast players that are cheap? I'll start by saying if you want a CB from the Serie A then check out Ogbanna!

79 overall
80 pace
81 defending
82 heading

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:43:57 pm by Legendary_Nines »

Offline Convectuoso

• Kopite
  • RUM HAM!!!! I'm Sorry!!!!
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2012, 01:45:20 pm »
Seems quite straight forward if you ask me, Thanks for the help. I will have a butchers next week and give it a crack.

Here's a guide from 2012 but it's more or less the same. If you need any help just ask mate

http://ultimatefifa.com/2011/fifa-12-ultimate-team-chemistry-guide/
Later dudes, S you in your A's Don't wear a C and J all over your B's

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2012, 01:48:08 pm »
Fuck it selling everyone I got bar Sahin, Brazilian bronze rare dude and Donnelly from Swansea.

Not sure whether to buy a gold pack in the hope I strike a bit of luck or go and luck for a few bargains, hmm, temptation with packs is so big when it just comes out.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2012, 01:50:50 pm »
There isn't half some bargains floating about, Chiellini 14k BIN, Ballotelli 12K BIN, wish I had the funds to get 'em.

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2012, 01:54:07 pm »
There isn't half some bargains floating about, Chiellini 14k BIN, Ballotelli 12K BIN, wish I had the funds to get 'em.

Vidal 4K BIN :(

I only have 1.7k.....

Edit:

Current squad:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#fF9MZkVrtw:360

Now has Vucinic and Ogbonna
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:59:55 pm by Legendary_Nines »

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2012, 01:55:09 pm »
Fuck it selling everyone I got bar Sahin, Brazilian bronze rare dude and Donnelly from Swansea.

Not sure whether to buy a gold pack in the hope I strike a bit of luck or go and luck for a few bargains, hmm, temptation with packs is so big when it just comes out.
I've sold/traded up to 5k, which is just enough to get a gold pack now. Trying to fight the temptation though, as there are some bargains (to keep or trade) to be had.

Yeah I'm in all my players are there so I'm happy :)

I thought we could all help each other out by nominating beast players that are cheap? I'll start by saying if you want a CB from the Serie A then check out Ogbanna!

79 overall
80 pace
81 defending
82 heading
If you're looking for players to make a profit on, silvers are always good for that. Strikers/wingers with high pace and 4* skills usually cost a fair bit once the game starts up. Same with the really quick bronzes that are from English/Spanish/French leagues.

http://www.futwiz.com/players

That's a great tool to have a look at players and see their in game stats/what skills and weak foot level they have.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2012, 01:56:12 pm »
Still can't get on, what is this shit?

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2012, 01:56:41 pm »
Here's a guide from 2012 but it's more or less the same. If you need any help just ask mate

http://ultimatefifa.com/2011/fifa-12-ultimate-team-chemistry-guide/

Thats brilliant mate, cheers!

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2012, 01:57:18 pm »
Vidal 4K BIN :(

I only have 1.7k.....

I've just seen Dzeko 3k BIN, don't have any funds at the moment til Arnautovic and my other golden shitters are gone.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
FIFA 13 Ultimate Team - FAQ in OP
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2012, 02:00:38 pm »
Still down for me :@
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline Convectuoso

• Kopite
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2012, 02:00:54 pm »
I'll be sticking with silver/bronze teams for the moment. I've made a decent Silver ProLeague team, some decent players going for 200-300 coins.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2012, 02:14:03 pm »
Good thread on the EA Forums: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1927043.page

Basically showing the good silver players you should be looking at, these will be going for a lot more than they are at the moment when it comes out I'd say. Got a few on my watch list at the moment.A
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 02:15:35 pm by -Willo- »

Offline Convectuoso

• Kopite
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2012, 02:17:54 pm »
Good thread on the EA Forums: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1927043.page

Basically showing the good silver players you should be looking at, these will be going for a lot more than they are at the moment when it comes out I'd say. Got a few on my watch list at the moment.A

Great stuff, thanks mate!

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2012, 02:30:07 pm »
Great stuff, thanks mate!
No problem! Would rather a few of us on RAWK try to get in on UT early instead of those nobs on the EA Forum getting a monopoly on the market before its even out! A few silvers already are basically owned by the same guy and with that he can manipulate the price of them, bit annoying I suppose but just on of them things.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2012, 02:31:50 pm »
Luc Castaignos , STR , Best STR in , Eredivisie , FC Twente , 74 , Holland

^^

Just went for 2.7k, bargain, shame I didn't have anymore than 2.2k but that'll change in roughly 5 mins.

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2012, 02:42:16 pm »
Luc Castaignos , STR , Best STR in , Eredivisie , FC Twente , 74 , Holland

^^

Just went for 2.7k, bargain, shame I didn't have anymore than 2.2k but that'll change in roughly 5 mins.
Keeping an eye out for him. Was that PS3 or Xbox?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2012, 03:00:56 pm »
Just bought the season pass so I can play the game a on Saturday, im not sad

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2012, 03:17:55 pm »
Just got Kalas for 550 coins.