Author Topic: Bars/Clubs in town  (Read 339350 times)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Bars/Clubs in town
« Reply #1760 on: March 24, 2016, 12:12:15 pm »
Never went the Picket! Is it that alley down the side of the Blind School?

Yeah that's the one. They've only recently put up the Buyers Club sign I think but now you can see it from the street quite easily.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1761 on: April 6, 2016, 03:32:43 pm »
Without sounding thick, has the Kazimier Gardens (actual outdoor garden part) closed, or due to close? I  thought its days were numbered and was gutted as its a cracking place to sit and drink (if you get in there early enough to grab a spec)
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Kelwell

• Main Stander
  • We are the famous, the famous Kopites
« Reply #1762 on: April 6, 2016, 03:36:50 pm »
Gardens is open for jollity and japes.

The actual Kazimier venue is closed (I think).

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1763 on: April 6, 2016, 07:21:39 pm »
Without sounding thick, has the Kazimier Gardens (actual outdoor garden part) closed, or due to close? I  thought its days were numbered and was gutted as its a cracking place to sit and drink (if you get in there early enough to grab a spec)

Signed a 15 year extension i believe, so open.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1764 on: April 7, 2016, 01:12:54 pm »
Gardens is open for jollity and japes.

The actual Kazimier venue is closed (I think).

Cheers mate :)
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1765 on: April 7, 2016, 01:14:38 pm »
Signed a 15 year extension i believe, so open.

Cheers pal :)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1766 on: April 8, 2016, 08:50:55 pm »
Liverpool One Bridewell is shutting down for good on Saturday night.

The lease has run out, and the current management are not renewing it.

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #1767 on: April 9, 2016, 11:09:30 am »

Shame that, had some cracking nights in there with friends and family, particularly family meals. Took my girlfriend there last year for our first Valentines Day meal too. Feel like it never advertised itself enough.
Ye wha la.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1768 on: April 9, 2016, 11:32:55 am »

Gutted, always been a great pub to have a few drinks in
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1769 on: April 24, 2016, 12:20:54 pm »
Has anyone tried the Dead Crafty Beer Co on Dale street? It's a bit expensive but has a fantastic selection of different craft beers and they are very willing to give tastes before you buy. Basic cheap décor but really nice place with knowledgeable staff.

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #1770 on: April 27, 2016, 02:23:01 pm »
Hi all,

I'm coming to Liverpool to do the Marathon May bank holiday. Staying @ Nadler down Seal Street (just off Hanover Street) Just after an idea on a few bars etc as I don't think I'll be up to walking around looking for a decent place after running! especially if there is a decent few on the doorstep.

Cheers
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1771 on: April 27, 2016, 03:28:30 pm »
You're staying in a great spot for it mate. Just walk up seel street away from Hanover Street and you'll come across plenty. All depends what you're after really?
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #1772 on: April 27, 2016, 04:36:12 pm »
I friggin love Mojo which is just off Seel Street.  Quiet early on but gets busy later.

If you just want a pub and pints, Pogue's is round the corner from Mojo, on Seel Street itself.

Salt dog Slims is next door and is a trendier sort of place with a better selection of craft beer etc.

Plenty about that neck of the woods.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1773 on: April 27, 2016, 04:46:17 pm »
Hi all,

I'm coming to Liverpool to do the Marathon May bank holiday. Staying @ Nadler down Seal Street (just off Hanover Street) Just after an idea on a few bars etc as I don't think I'll be up to walking around looking for a decent place after running! especially if there is a decent few on the doorstep.

Cheers

You're right next to loads of great bars. If you don't mind spending a few quid, Brooklyn Mixer is right next to you, some great cocktails in there and it's more laid back. Would echo above too, Pogue Mahones is a good Irish pub and you can do a lot worse than salt dogs.

Really though just walking out your door and up and down seel street you should see a ton of good bars, although a couple like Heebies will be jam packed with students later on
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #1774 on: April 28, 2016, 08:22:01 am »
Great thanks all for the reply's. At least I don't have to go far! Looking forward to the ale rather than the run!

Thanks again reds.
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Social Scouser

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1775 on: May 19, 2016, 08:05:18 pm »
Social Scouser was on the ale for the last home game v Chelsea. It was an early start, 11am for the first. Here's how he got on.

1. Rileys - Mount Pleasant. Tough characters in this boozer. One lad drinking through a straw. And it's only 11am. €1.90 pints. Top class barmaid.
2. The Grapes - It's just opening up over at The Grapes at midday but the sounds are already on and great beers on tap.
3. Fly in the loaf - Still early so dead quite but it meant a fine chat with manager Dominic over a Shipyard IPA. Quilmes in the fridge too.
4. The Globe - Lunchtime on a Wednesday in The Globe and it's like Christmas. Top atmosphere from the old guard.
5. The Belvedere - Sun streaming in the door and a few punters streaming in too. Great beer. Great gin. Passed the team bus and Emre Can at Hope Street Hotel on the walk up.
6. King Charles - Anfield calling. Stop off for one at this classic back street shrine to LFC.
7. Arkles - Anfield calling closer. Sticky and sweaty in the big house. Warm beer. Plastic cups. Perfect for the Chelsea crew in there.
8. The Albert - See above minus the Chelsea set.
Post Match:
9. Vernon Arms: Back to town to a fave Dale street haunt.
10. Salt Dog Slims: Across town for hard liquor. Sounds pumping. Take refuge under the stars out back.
11. Kazimier Gardens - It's midnight. It's been a long day. It's time to sit in the garden. And such a fine garden it is. Fine whiskey too.
12. Jacaranda - There was no need for a twelfth pub, especially at 1am, but Jen and Alex from the Kazimier were having none of it. So just to be social.
Next day:
13. Peter Kavanaghs - Dust of the cobwebs with a shot of espresso at Root Coffee then a half one here at midday.
14. The Caledonia - Didn't make it here yesterday so it would be rude not to. Outside table in the glorious lunchtime sun.
15. Que Pasa - All good things must come to an end. Over to Lark lane for lunch at Moon & Pea, a chill in the park and a final drink at Danny Aggers old flame Que Pasa.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #1776 on: May 27, 2016, 06:05:40 pm »
Has anyone got the number for that Ex Directory gaff? Doing me fucking head in.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1777 on: June 1, 2016, 10:41:53 pm »
Has anyone got the number for that Ex Directory gaff? Doing me fucking head in.

I think once you've found the phonebox they give you hints and clues. It's just finding it.

Do you know where it is?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1778 on: June 15, 2016, 05:19:11 pm »
The Lion(Tavern) one of the best boozers in town has shut!..... as has the Cross Keys!

Sounds like Punch Taverns once again have been utter bastards once more.

Gutting news

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/last-orders-called-two-liverpool-11476329#rlabs=2%20rt$sitewide%20p$2
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1779 on: June 15, 2016, 07:13:20 pm »
Punch all over, but typical clickbait headlining from the Oldham echo. Just hope whoever takes The Lion on keeps a good range of beer.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1780 on: June 15, 2016, 07:59:10 pm »
.....and pies. Don't forget the pies!

I love the décor as well. A real pub, if ever there is one in this day and age.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1781 on: June 23, 2016, 12:46:07 pm »
They have closed over an argument over fees, neither landlord or brewery is backing down, but they do seem to think they will re-open in the near future.

As I work on Old Hall Street my crafty lunchtime beverage options are becoming sparse, first the Exchange and now the bloody Keys and Lion.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1782 on: June 23, 2016, 07:08:15 pm »
Ironically they took on Cross Keys as Matt who runs the Excelsior shut it due to not making any money.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1783 on: June 25, 2016, 08:22:20 pm »
Went to the Lion today and it was closed only just seen this thread. Then went to The Roscoe Head and someone in there said its in trouble too?? Awful stuff.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1784 on: June 27, 2016, 01:22:36 pm »
Ironically they took on Cross Keys as Matt who runs the Excelsior shut it due to not making any money.

That crossed my mind to be honest, Matt and Nicola are sound and they look to be doing well in The Excelsior, its always busy on match days.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #1785 on: June 27, 2016, 08:11:05 pm »
Kozy's is still open if you want a cheap pint and entertainment. :lmao

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1786 on: July 7, 2016, 08:44:35 pm »
Going into town tomorrow day time before the Tranmere games, where's decent thats open on a Friday day time? Probably go a couple places, and maybe Bierkeller or somewhere that has a pool table too.. Be arsed sitting in the Wethies for 6 hours
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1787 on: July 7, 2016, 10:55:38 pm »
Going into town tomorrow day time before the Tranmere games, where's decent thats open on a Friday day time? Probably go a couple places, and maybe Bierkeller or somewhere that has a pool table too.. Be arsed sitting in the Wethies for 6 hours
Rack and Dollar was sound last time we went in for a game of pool, think that was a Friday afternoon as well.

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #1788 on: July 7, 2016, 11:07:39 pm »
Kozy's is still open if you want a cheap pint and entertainment. :lmao
Kozy's is a spot , always a mad bitter in there up for a crazy footy chat . Bars full of characters in Cities are hard to find  :D
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1789 on: July 8, 2016, 09:42:44 am »
Rack and Dollar was sound last time we went in for a game of pool, think that was a Friday afternoon as well.

Cheers, Will give that gaff a go

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #1790 on: July 8, 2016, 01:14:56 pm »
Kozy's is a spot , always a mad bitter in there up for a crazy footy chat . Bars full of characters in Cities are hard to find  :D

Yes it's like the Star Wars bar. ;D

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1791 on: July 8, 2016, 02:08:30 pm »
Yes it's like the Star Wars bar. ;D
The Punch and Judy relinquished the title with it burning down.

bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1792 on: July 8, 2016, 02:34:28 pm »
The Punch and Judy relinquished the title with it burning down.

Yes then it was the Penny Farthing.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2016, 02:36:19 pm by Mad Max »

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1793 on: July 8, 2016, 04:44:54 pm »
Rack and dollar ended up being shut for refurbishment. Ended up in McCooleys instead, alright for the tennis

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1794 on: July 8, 2016, 06:22:31 pm »
We miss the Picture House on London Road, it was boss in there after a Saturday home game.

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1795 on: July 11, 2016, 12:29:23 pm »
The live music line-ups for each night of the rest of July at the Caledonia here,

http://www.thecaledonialiverpool.com/whats-on/
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1796 on: September 1, 2016, 01:26:09 pm »
For those working in town, really impressed with Tom Hall's Tavern which has opened again (it closed in 1988). Its on the corner of Water Street and Brunswick Street, got a few screens, a couple of pool tables and a good range of beers.
Also they have regular live music which is decent.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1797 on: September 1, 2016, 04:31:46 pm »
For those working in town, really impressed with Tom Hall's Tavern which has opened again (it closed in 1988). Its on the corner of Water Street and Brunswick Street, got a few screens, a couple of pool tables and a good range of beers.
Also they have regular live music which is decent.
Do you know if the pool is per game or charged per hour ?

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1798 on: September 1, 2016, 08:55:24 pm »
Do you know if the pool is per game or charged per hour ?

Per game.

It's alright place. A bit like a posher wetherspoons. Also a good place to start a night out straight from work, for those who start drinking bang on 5 O'clock  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1799 on: September 2, 2016, 12:39:22 pm »
Thanks for that, Rack and Dollar charges per hour (think it was £5) which if you are playing with decent players is the best option.