Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2508614 times)

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #7600 on: January 9, 2017, 12:56:40 pm »
Took some pictures of the club shop site from the Main Stand yesterday.

https://m.imgur.com/a/EAeVZ

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7601 on: January 11, 2017, 01:05:12 pm »
That's why those temporary walls are there though, to hide away the work going on behind, so you won't see any of the changes until they connect the completed work to the entrance to the tunnel area.

I mean it's a bit of a leap to go from seeing so little on some videos to 'next season'  ;D
Still convinced that the internals are going to be completed by the end of Jan?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7602 on: January 11, 2017, 01:08:27 pm »

I haven't seen any recent images of any of it. Have you?

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7603 on: January 11, 2017, 02:16:56 pm »

Does it matter if it's not completed by the end of January?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7604 on: January 11, 2017, 04:17:03 pm »
Does it matter if it's not completed by the end of January?
nope.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7605 on: January 12, 2017, 01:20:03 pm »
I haven't seen any recent images of any of it. Have you?
I've seen the tunnel cam!

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7606 on: January 12, 2017, 01:21:07 pm »
nope.
No one is debating that, it's just strange the club havent said anything either way. All statements have said internals would be finished by Jan but everything else suggests otherwise.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7607 on: January 12, 2017, 01:21:18 pm »
I've seen the tunnel cam!

Have you seen anything behind the temporary walls which is all you can see on the tunnel cam?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7608 on: January 12, 2017, 01:22:08 pm »
No one is debating that, it's just strange the club havent said anything either way. All statements have said internals would be finished by Jan but everything else suggests otherwise.

"Everything else" being you seeing something on the tunnel cam. There is nothing else.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7609 on: January 12, 2017, 05:05:13 pm »
"Everything else" being you seeing something on the tunnel cam. There is nothing else.
You can tell that it's not going to be ready by the end of April. We'll see who's right in a few weeks I guess!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7610 on: January 12, 2017, 05:08:59 pm »
You can tell that it's not going to be ready by the end of April. We'll see who's right in a few weeks I guess!

I've not said it will be done by any date, I've said the club has said by end Jan and that seeing some tunnel cam video of the temporary corridors give zero indication otherwise.

For all you know behind those corridors the work is 99% complete and they will commence connecting new to old shortly - that's the whole point of the temporary corridors, to hide away the work until complete.

Not particularly interested in a game of I told you so though, but thanks for the offer.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7611 on: January 12, 2017, 07:08:06 pm »

Do you work in construction? The end of April is miles off. You can't tell anything from what's publicly available.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7612 on: January 12, 2017, 08:32:39 pm »
Do you work in construction? The end of April is miles off. You can't tell anything from what's publicly available.
I've no idea why I said April. I meant January!

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7613 on: January 12, 2017, 11:33:56 pm »
I've not said it will be done by any date, I've said the club has said by end Jan and that seeing some tunnel cam video of the temporary corridors give zero indication otherwise.

For all you know behind those corridors the work is 99% complete and they will commence connecting new to old shortly - that's the whole point of the temporary corridors, to hide away the work until complete.

Not particularly interested in a game of I told you so though, but thanks for the offer.
For me the tunnel cam videos indicate that the internals won't be ready. I won't bore you with the details but it looks like that will be the case from the things I can see in that video.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7614 on: January 12, 2017, 11:41:04 pm »
For me the tunnel cam videos indicate that the internals won't be ready. I won't bore you with the details but it looks like that will be the case from the things I can see in that video.

Nah I won't be bored, feel free to say what you see.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7615 on: January 13, 2017, 05:43:24 am »

I'm used to internal fit-outs and what I saw on the tunnel cam is a mix of  permanent partitions and temporary hoardings hiding the main fitout areas that can come down over a weekend and an open ceiling grid that looks unfinished but again, putting in the tiles and closing up is a couple of days work at the end of the job. There is absolutely no way of telling how complete things are behind the scenes.

They could be a week away from completion or six months. Unless you've been behind the scenes or seen the contractors site report and programme it's just pointless speculation.

One other thing that often happens at this stage is that the client sees things almost finished and asks for changes. I can imagine Klopp will be making a few tweaks to the changing rooms and people will be re arranging office layouts etc. Partitions, first fix and major services will all have been complete for some time now I would expect and it will be second fix and fine finishes going in with furniture and fittings as the last elements.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #7616 on: January 16, 2017, 08:55:47 pm »
Out of curiosity. Where are the temporary changing rooms situated? Just been looking at the planning application to see if I can spot them on it. No joy though.
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7617 on: January 16, 2017, 11:40:08 pm »
Out of curiosity. Where are the temporary changing rooms situated? Just been looking at the planning application to see if I can spot them on it. No joy though.

Pretty sure there just in the carpark were the coach goes in from the tunnel videos the club have released this season
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7618 on: January 17, 2017, 08:08:03 am »
Yes it's the car park outside the enterence to the stand.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7619 on: January 17, 2017, 09:22:28 am »

I traced the route from that video the Plymouth fan posted and it looks like they're somewhere around the carpark at the bottom centre right. The route goes through the conference room then along the corridor to the left of the away changing rooms then left where it says 'Players, officials & team staff before turning right down the tunnel to the pitch. When I have time I'll do a better check of using the post match footage (counting ceiling tiles etc) and do a mark up.

In light of the previous comments about completion it suggests that the tunnel cam view is showing a tiny proportion of the back of house facilities - primarily corridor areas with ceiling tiles waiting to go in.

That plan can't be the latest as there are a few details out of place.

*edit - that looks like the planning drawing for ground level. There were definitely changes from that as the retail store is now being built next to the Albert.  I;m not sure if there's an updated scheme in the public domain.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:49:03 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7620 on: January 17, 2017, 12:32:49 pm »
I traced the route from that video the Plymouth fan posted and it looks like they're somewhere around the carpark at the bottom centre right. The route goes through the conference room then along the corridor to the left of the away changing rooms then left where it says 'Players, officials & team staff before turning right down the tunnel to the pitch. When I have time I'll do a better check of using the post match footage (counting ceiling tiles etc) and do a mark up.

In light of the previous comments about completion it suggests that the tunnel cam view is showing a tiny proportion of the back of house facilities - primarily corridor areas with ceiling tiles waiting to go in.

That plan can't be the latest as there are a few details out of place.

*edit - that looks like the planning drawing for ground level. There were definitely changes from that as the retail store is now being built next to the Albert.  I;m not sure if there's an updated scheme in the public domain.

I don't think we were given an updated version once it was announced the retail store would be outside of the stand itself. So no clarification on what that retail space is now going to be used for.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #7621 on: January 17, 2017, 08:16:09 pm »
So we don't know what will be going in place of the retail store on the plans?

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7622 on: January 17, 2017, 08:42:48 pm »
I thought it was still a store and they're just adding another store which will be open on non match days and have a cafe etc for the tourists.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7623 on: January 17, 2017, 08:54:28 pm »
Would be ridiculous to have the big new one, the Kop one and the new one in the Main Stand.

Offline BigYan

• Main Stander
« Reply #7624 on: January 18, 2017, 05:02:10 pm »
So we don't know what will be going in place of the retail store on the plans?
If I remember correct the shop was supposed to be in the corner of the new main stand nearest the KOP.
It is now the access point for the upper tier concourse. The escalators are where the shop was going to be.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7625 on: January 18, 2017, 05:09:55 pm »
If I remember correct the shop was supposed to be in the corner of the new main stand nearest the KOP.
It is now the access point for the upper tier concourse. The escalators are where the shop was going to be.

It was meant to be under the podium. Last I saw it the location of the doors was blocked up so assumed the space wasn't in use at all yet.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7626 on: January 19, 2017, 11:44:48 am »
Is there an argument that may have not been there a year ago for FSG to finance the anfield road end development through a loan while the dollar is so strong to the pound , a cash investment at this time in dollars converted to sterling would return 20% more £s than a year ago

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7627 on: January 19, 2017, 02:38:18 pm »
So yeah, as I've been saying and as is blatantly obvious from the tunnel cam videos and the like, the internals won't be finished until mid March. Players have requested to use the temp changies until the end of the season.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7628 on: January 19, 2017, 02:51:28 pm »
So yeah, as I've been saying and as is blatantly obvious from the tunnel cam videos and the like, the internals won't be finished until mid March. Players have requested to use the temp changies until the end of the season.

if the players request is all you're going on, that is still no evidence of your spurious claim (guess).

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7629 on: January 19, 2017, 02:58:40 pm »
if the players request is all you're going on, that is still no evidence of your spurious claim (guess).

You're forgetting the tunnel cam and his ability to see through solid walls.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7630 on: January 19, 2017, 03:06:15 pm »
No guesswork here. Mid March for the internals to be complete with the players using the temporary changing rooms until the end of the season. If everything was to be complete by the end of Jan you would see a lot more going on behind the scenes than what we do at the moment. I'm sure this will be backed up when we get to around 2 weeks before completion in march and we can see the progress.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7631 on: January 19, 2017, 03:10:35 pm »
No guesswork here. Mid March for the internals to be complete with the players using the temporary changing rooms until the end of the season. If everything was to be complete by the end of Jan you would see a lot more going on behind the scenes than what we do at the moment. I'm sure this will be backed up when we get to around 2 weeks before completion in march and we can see the progress.

Fuckin hell, how many times have you said this now? 10? Aren't you bored of yourself yet?

So you have no evidence except that you will one day have evidence in the future, because you've said it a lot of times. But it's not a guess

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7632 on: January 19, 2017, 03:25:22 pm »
Fuckin hell, how many times have you said this now? 10? Aren't you bored of yourself yet?

So you have no evidence except that you will one day have evidence in the future, because you've said it a lot of times. But it's not a guess
Calm down lad. Your the one who claims I'm guessing. That's your assumption. I've been told by someone who works at the club that mid March is when the work will be complete. This backs up my claim. That's all.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7633 on: January 19, 2017, 03:39:01 pm »
Calm down lad. Your the one who claims I'm guessing. That's your assumption. I've been told by someone who works at the club that mid March is when the work will be complete. This backs up my claim. That's all.

So you admit you pretended you worked this out based on tunnel cams? When actually it was based on the claim of someone at the club. Was only claiming you were guessing based on your previous messages.

And you originally said it wouldn't be til next season, but now it's March. Cheers for passing on the info

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7634 on: January 19, 2017, 03:58:34 pm »
No I didn't pretend anything. I made my own assumptions based on the tunnel cams as I thought if we are so close to completion we would see a lot more of the tunnel etc taking shape. Today I sought clarification from the club and my assumptions were confirmed.

Depends how you define 'complete' if you want to say end of the season or mid March as club contact said tunnel and that done by mid march but players still using temp changies until end of the season. Although I assume it's just a case of removing the portacabins.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7635 on: January 19, 2017, 03:58:56 pm »
In any case I'm really looking forward to seeing the final tunnel design!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7636 on: January 19, 2017, 05:28:21 pm »
In any case I'm really looking forward to seeing the final tunnel design!

Is the tunnel design that important? 

Surely the actual layout, fascilities, flow of the interiors is more important than a space used to get from one area to another? 

Or am I missing something?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7637 on: January 19, 2017, 07:13:28 pm »
So yeah, as I've been saying and as is blatantly obvious from the tunnel cam videos and the like...

Seriously mate - walk me through the tunnel cam that the Plymouth fan posted that goes from the car park to the tunnel and tell me what you're on about. All it shows is some ceiling tiles out which is what you'd expect. Floor finishes are in, walls are finished and decorated, doors are hung and painted (some might need ironmongery), electrical trunking is installed...

I inspect and snag this sort of job all the time so do give me your expert opinion on the glaring omissions and incomplete work. You may well have some other information but using the tunnel cam as evidence suggests you don't know what you're talking about.

Hi guys,

Plymouth fan in peace here - just wanted to share the video I made of Sunday's game from a Plymouth perspective.

It's not going to be as well polished as the normal stuff you guys get to see as you a full-time video dept. but I thought you might like some extra behind the scenes bits and how much this draw it meant to Argyle.

I will be making a similar style video to this on Wednesday. All feedback welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXzbIStqz1c

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:22:52 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7638 on: January 19, 2017, 08:16:25 pm »
So first four images:

1. Overall plan showing approximate route followed by the camera in pink and approximate location of temporary facilities (changing media etc) in the car park.
2. Jurgen waking towards the temp facilities
3. Jurgen talking to Plymouth manager with 'Pitch Access' sign in the background
4. Liverpool players walking from the temp changing rooms to the pitch.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7639 on: January 19, 2017, 08:26:17 pm »
1. Pitch access from car park to temporary corridor
2. Temporary corridor. Services in and ceiling grid installed. Ceiling tiles to be fitted. Dado trunking (needs second fix of power data) shows this will be a back of house office of some sort. Door to the right will be used when complete and double width opening will be infilled once all else complete - plasterboard drylining, with tape and joint finish.
3. Dog-leg left and then right into red floored room. Double width doorway possibly temporary.
4. Through and then left into grey floored corridor. Floor finished, walls finished, dado trunking in, ceiling tiles to go in.
5. This sign is not visible in the previous picture. Note wall lighting probably temporary (cable visible to the right of the fitting). Disconnect and make good hole when ceiling lights are on.
6. View down the corridor. This is a permanent corridor - no dado trunking - ceiling tiles to go in and possibly final ironmongery but otherwise complete. The route now turns right between where the wall finishes and before the first door visible on the right.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)