Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2513725 times)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #7720 on: February 22, 2017, 04:32:09 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/254580-lfc-submits-planning-application-to-improve-anfield-accessibility

Looks like the KOP will be expanded slightly. Hmmmmmmm

Nice pic at the bottom of that article on what it'll look like after it's done.

Hopefully the club will re-angle the sides of 304 and 306 outwards so the fans at the back can see the full width of the pitch whilst the club are up there making improvements and modifications. The fewer restricted views in the ground the better - some of those lads at the back have likely never seen us take a corner at the Kop end... hang on, that may not necessarily be a bad thing...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7721 on: February 22, 2017, 04:57:17 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/254580-lfc-submits-planning-application-to-improve-anfield-accessibility

Looks like the KOP will be expanded slightly. Hmmmmmmm

Looks like a couple of the blocks at each side are in fact being levelled off with the centre of the stand?

Not 'expanded' but moving of disabled seats at front will likely see seats be added there instead.

Are those seats not at ground level and at pretty much the same height as the front row of The Kop already?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7722 on: February 22, 2017, 10:47:39 pm »
Good to see we'll be able to spend another summer keeping an eye on this thread for updates to the building work.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7723 on: February 23, 2017, 03:21:24 am »
- some of those lads at the back have likely never seen us take a corner at the Kop end...

They should be paying extra for those seats!

I wonder why they aren't completely squaring it off at the back, is it the sight lines?

Still loads of room at the sides should we ever want to take the roof off.....

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7724 on: February 23, 2017, 12:32:10 pm »
Good to see we'll be able to spend another summer keeping an eye on this thread for updates to the building work.

Long as they finally relay the pitch while they're at it!
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #7725 on: February 23, 2017, 12:57:01 pm »
Long as they finally relay the pitch while they're at it!

Aren't they relaying the pitch this summer having delayed it last summer due to the Main Stand building work?
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #7726 on: March 4, 2017, 12:17:41 pm »
Haven't looked at this since last summer. Is this expansion finished yet or what?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7727 on: March 4, 2017, 12:34:00 pm »
^ pretty much, for the fans anyway, there are some posts a bit further back about the final touches for the players tunnel and what not. I went to a game with my dad recently - he's 80 - and it was magnificent, the escalators, the legroom, facilities etc.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #7728 on: March 4, 2017, 08:33:53 pm »
Aren't they relaying the pitch this summer having delayed it last summer due to the Main Stand building work?

That was the idea yeah.

Offline Timeless Melody

• Kopite
« Reply #7729 on: March 15, 2017, 12:44:55 pm »

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7730 on: March 23, 2017, 02:29:35 pm »

Credit @ThisisAnfield

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #7732 on: March 23, 2017, 07:12:26 pm »
looks like decorated hospital wards

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #7733 on: March 23, 2017, 09:48:31 pm »
It's taken them the last 29 months sat behind the fake walls to do that?? It looks like the neverending shit bit of an airport you walk through after a long flight wishing you were still on holiday and with the added misery of immigration to get through and your e-passport doesn't work at the scanner and you have to go in the extra long dodgy passport queue before you wait by the bag carousel forever with your pissed off wife then traipse off to the multi-storey car park in the rain and the lifts tiny with all your stuff in your shorts. Yuck.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #7734 on: March 23, 2017, 10:36:09 pm »
It's taken them the last 29 months sat behind the fake walls to do that?? It looks like the neverending shit bit of an airport you walk through after a long flight wishing you were still on holiday and with the added misery of immigration to get through and your e-passport doesn't work at the scanner and you have to go in the extra long dodgy passport queue before you wait by the bag carousel forever with your pissed off wife then traipse off to the multi-storey car park in the rain and the lifts tiny with all your stuff in your shorts. Yuck.

So.....you're not taken with it then?

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7735 on: March 24, 2017, 01:17:13 pm »
It's all a bit same ole same ole really isn't it.

Nothing new.... a bit of light reading before you get on the pitch..... not sure whether that's going to inspire us or the opposition!!!

Was hoping for something a little more intimidating!!! Like some have mentioned it looks like s hospital ward........ I think it's the grey buffer things along the wall? Why do they need them?

They've not used pictures from great victories.....

I would've used floor to ceiling video screens which would show the Kop in full voice, flares going off and then great goals of the past.........against the team we are up against!!!! Changing the video content for each team coming to Anfield.

To show them what they're in for!!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:19:53 pm by RedorRed »

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #7736 on: March 24, 2017, 01:27:32 pm »

:lmao :lmao

That is strangely accurate.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7737 on: March 24, 2017, 07:33:17 pm »
It's a corridor, what were people expecting?

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7738 on: March 24, 2017, 07:35:51 pm »
It's a corridor, what were people expecting?
Holograms of Jurgen shouting at them. A last reminder not to fuck up.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7739 on: March 24, 2017, 07:42:04 pm »
Holograms of Jurgen shouting at them. A last reminder not to fuck up.

;D

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7740 on: March 24, 2017, 07:53:28 pm »
We should make the away team have to go on a maze-like route to get to the pitch. Like Spinal Tap in Cleveland.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7741 on: March 25, 2017, 01:14:23 am »
We should make the away team have to go on a maze-like route to get to the pitch. Like Spinal Tap in Cleveland.

Sounds good.  :)

I noticed when I was in the Camp Nou a year or so ago how the passageway to the tunnel from the Barcelona dressing room was painted in a bright colour, but the passageway to the tunnel from the away dressing room was painted in a much darker colour. Subtle psychological mindgames even before you reach the Barca mural-painted tunnel itself.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #7742 on: March 25, 2017, 08:05:57 pm »
I noticed when I was in the Camp Nou a year or so ago how the passageway to the tunnel from the Barcelona dressing room was painted in a bright colour, but the passageway to the tunnel from the away dressing room was painted in a much darker colour. Subtle psychological mindgames even before you reach the Barca mural-painted tunnel itself.  ;)
The away dressing room at Stamford Bridge is supposed to have the players' lockers under the benches, between their feet, so as to get the away side into a posture of submission before the game begins. :(

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7743 on: March 25, 2017, 10:05:34 pm »
The away dressing room at Stamford Bridge is supposed to have the players' lockers under the benches, between their feet, so as to get the away side into a posture of submission before the game begins. :(

Obviously didn't work the last time we were there! ;D

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7744 on: March 25, 2017, 10:16:34 pm »

Credit @ThisisAnfield
gonna be a shitter when we win another trophy
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7745 on: March 25, 2017, 10:30:45 pm »

There's always been tricks of the trade but you can't have a problem with them. Our bench is heated the away bench isn't.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7746 on: March 25, 2017, 10:31:18 pm »
gonna be a shitter when we win another trophy

It will only be a transfer

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7747 on: March 26, 2017, 02:25:19 pm »
Posted by @lovefutbol (https://twitter.com/lovefutebol):-

'LFC have applied for planning permission to relocate some of the current Kop area fan zone to next to The Park pub'

'The Anfield Road fan zone is also planned to shift further left along Anfield Road to next to the outside broadcast facility'

'Other units from the Kop area fan zone will be shifted to between Skerries Road and Kemlyn Road near the Centenary Stand'

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=139140273&postcount=10251

^ from the http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=139140273#post139140273 thread on there
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:27:35 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #7748 on: March 27, 2017, 11:19:13 am »
Can anybody offer a review of that Street Food stall?  It's in practically every picture I ever see, and to be honest it's got me dying for a roll-and-sausage right now.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7749 on: March 27, 2017, 11:32:21 am »
It's shit and over priced - go to homebaked instead.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #7750 on: March 27, 2017, 12:42:54 pm »
It's shit and over priced - go to homebaked instead.

Agree 100% on homebaked. Brilliant pies from there for about £3

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7751 on: March 27, 2017, 11:45:42 pm »
Can anybody offer a review of that Street Food stall?  It's in practically every picture I ever see, and to be honest it's got me dying for a roll-and-sausage right now.

What Welshred says mate. They do a top cuppa too.

Also, the burger van opposite Homebaked (by the crossing near the Esso garage) does a mean hotdog, and many of the chippys around the ground do better and cheaper chips than what is on offer at Streetfood.

I prefer the Lucky Star chippy next to the superb 'Hat Scarf or a Badge' shop - mainly as the chips are decent and there less queues than right by the ground.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:56:06 pm by oojason »

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7752 on: March 28, 2017, 07:31:26 am »
Terrible that lucky star chippy you could tarmac the road with their gravy.

Doesn't stop me using it now and again after a few pints. Usually use Terry's next to the arkles. Pies are shite from all the chippys so best off going home baked.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:45:55 am by Anfield89 »

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7753 on: March 28, 2017, 06:22:44 pm »

The pizzas and chips they do are good, costs a fucking fortune though.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline TheMightyReds

• Full of B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T ;)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7754 on: March 29, 2017, 11:45:06 am »
Really surprised that the main stand is still not finished!!. Nearly two years to complete one stand is a joke. How long does refurbishing changing rooms actually take.

First it was summer 2016, then December, and now by end of the season. Ridiculous.
No wonder we can't make decisions rapidly on the ARE, or our transfer targets.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7755 on: March 29, 2017, 11:47:32 am »
Really surprised that the main stand is still not finished!!. Nearly two years to complete one stand is a joke. How long does refurbishing changing rooms actually take.

First it was summer 2016, then December, and now by end of the season. Ridiculous.
No wonder we can't make decisions rapidly on the ARE, or our transfer targets.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #7756 on: March 29, 2017, 05:47:38 pm »
The stuff in the image is for the players names in the dressing room, getting fitted this week as Sky will be filming in there at the weekend, not sure if the players will be using them or not.

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline Timeless Melody

• Kopite
« Reply #7757 on: March 31, 2017, 01:50:58 pm »

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #7758 on: March 31, 2017, 03:01:13 pm »
Old Home Changing Room

New Home Changing Room

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7759 on: March 31, 2017, 03:02:10 pm »
<snip>

I see we've taken out Sturridge's seat.