Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2512711 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #7640 on: January 19, 2017, 08:40:52 pm »
1. View down the temporary corridor. There's a structural column on the left between the temporary fittings. Ceiling tiles to go in. This is the area that's shown as the Mixed Media Zone and Conference Room on the plan. Clearly some significant changes since the planning scheme. At the far end the route will turn left towards the tunnel. Halfway between that and the camera is the line of structure at the back of the old main stand.
2. Moving nearer to the back of the old main stand. Wall to the right may be the back of the conference room if it's still in the same approximate location. Distribution box and (temporary?) trunking or could be power for mixed zone when complete?
3. Passing between the new and old stand construction. Doors suggest this is a permanent doorway between changing rooms and media facilities.
4. At the end of the corridor the arrangement of doors does not match the plan. Possibly away team dressing room to the right. Ceiling tiles as elsewhere. ironmongery to be fitted.
5. Turn left and just along the corridor is the tunnel on the right.
6. Door at the end has protection suggesting there is still work going on in this area.

And that's it. The tunnel cam goes through a small part of the ground floor and is pretty much finished. That was on the 8th of January and we are now two weeks on with no interruptions for home games and a week or so of January to go. I'd love for someone to point out the 'blatantly obvious' reasons in that video to suggest it's going to take until March to finish that tunnel.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:39:19 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7641 on: January 19, 2017, 09:20:05 pm »
Pfft. You can prove anything with facts.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7642 on: January 19, 2017, 09:53:09 pm »
Pfft. You can prove anything with facts.

;D

And also, I'd love to know how anyone can extrapolate what's going on in the areas that aren't visible.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7643 on: January 19, 2017, 10:06:50 pm »
;D

And also, I'd love to know how anyone can extrapolate what's going on in the areas that aren't visible.

Its RAWK Al, you've been here 11 years, what did you expect.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7644 on: January 19, 2017, 10:25:55 pm »
Had a quick look at the Man City tunnel cam and the corridor is in pretty much the same state - in other words, it's finished for the time being until the areas we can't see are opened up.

A couple of things to note in that though.
The VIP and Players entrance to the left of the temporary access route is there (slightly modified) in the same location on plan. You can see Emre Can talking to some VIP fans at the end.
The entrance to the temporary corridor is probably a bit further to the right than I've shown.
The arrangement of temporary facilities in the car park is Home team dressing room; Match day officials and Away team dressing room. The temporary mixed zone is to the right of the temporary pitch access door.
The press conference is held in a space inside the stand - I'd guess it's about where the conference room is shown on the planning drawings.
They put up a couple of temporary banners to stop people going down the dead end in picture 6 of the second group.
In the Man City video there's protection on both doors beyond the tunnel. As there's only protection on one in the Plymouth video it's reasonable to assume the area beyond it is almost finished. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #7645 on: January 20, 2017, 12:09:13 am »
Seriously mate - walk me through the tunnel cam that the Plymouth fan posted that goes from the car park to the tunnel and tell me what you're on about. All it shows is some ceiling tiles out which is what you'd expect. Floor finishes are in, walls are finished and decorated, doors are hung and painted (some might need ironmongery), electrical trunking is installed...

I inspect and snag this sort of job all the time so do give me your expert opinion on the glaring omissions and incomplete work. You may well have some other information but using the tunnel cam as evidence suggests you don't know what you're talking about.

Too many "Pitch Access" signs in that video for my liking. Our lads know where the pitch is. The away teams? Fuck 'em, take the signs down and let them find their own way like Spinal Tap in Cleveland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiEglUjqWj0
We are Liverpool!

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7646 on: January 20, 2017, 06:45:39 am »
Too many "Pitch Access" signs in that video for my liking. Our lads know where the pitch is. The away teams? Fuck 'em, take the signs down and let them find their own way like Spinal Tap in Cleveland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiEglUjqWj0

Haha - love that movie.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7647 on: January 20, 2017, 09:23:21 am »
In the Man City video there's protection on both doors beyond the tunnel. As there's only protection on one in the Plymouth video it's reasonable to assume the area beyond it is almost finished.
I like the way you criticise me for assuming then proceed to do so yourself.
It's blatantly obvious that the area leading to the pitch isn't anywhere near completion for the end of Jan. You only need a pair of working eyes to see that. It's been confirmed by the club now too that that's the case and mid march is now when it will be completed. And at the end of the day, when it's not complete by the end of Jan, my original assumptions will be proved right. Time will tell.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7648 on: January 20, 2017, 10:02:00 am »
I like the way you criticise me for assuming then proceed to do so yourself.
It's blatantly obvious that the area leading to the pitch isn't anywhere near completion for the end of Jan. You only need a pair of working eyes to see that. It's been confirmed by the club now too that that's the case and mid march is now when it will be completed. And at the end of the day, when it's not complete by the end of Jan, my original assumptions will be proved right. Time will tell.

If the club says work behind the scenes is running late that's different information. You can't tell anything from the tunnel cam video unless you have x-ray vision. The route to the pitch could be completed in a very short space of time but as I pointed out they are not doing that work as it's programmed to be done after the unseen works are complete.

There is nothing 'blatantly obvious' showing anything else as far as I can see. Feel free to point out the work in any of those photos that would take two and a half months to complete. This is the list of works in the tunnel cam that I can see:

Second fix data points in two rooms.
Remove temporary wall lights, make good holes and touch up paint.
Remove temporary openings - drywall infill, tape-and-joint and decorate.
Put in lay-in ceiling tiles.
Final fix joinery and install card readers (second fix electrics).
Remove protection in some areas.
Remove temporary changing rooms and facilities in the car park
And...?

That's not two-and-a-half months work.

And just to be absolutely clear. There are two separate things going on. First, according to you the club is saying that works will be complete in March. That's fine and you may be right. Second, is your insistence that you can tell that the mid-March date is somehow reflected in the amount of work needed to complete the corridor to the pitch and that's utter bollocks I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 10:09:27 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7649 on: January 20, 2017, 10:04:50 am »
For me the tunnel cam videos indicate that the internals won't be ready. I won't bore you with the details but it looks like that will be the case from the things I can see in that video.

^^ I'm still waiting to be bored by the details....

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7650 on: January 20, 2017, 10:06:33 am »
If the club says work behind the scenes is running late that's different information. You can't tell anything from the tunnel cam video unless you have x-ray vision. The route to the pitch could be completed in a very short space of time but as I pointed out they are not doing that work as it's programmed to be done after the unseen works are complete.

There is nothing 'blatantly obvious' showing anything else as far as I can see. Feel free to point out the work in any of those photos that would take two and a half months to complete. This is the list of works in the tunnel cam that I can see:

Second fix data points in two rooms.
Remove temporary wall lights, make good holes and touch up paint.
Remove temporary openings - drywall infill, tape-and-joint and decorate.
Put in lay-in ceiling tiles.
Final fix joinery and install card readers (second fix electrics).
Remove protection in some areas.
Remove temporary changing rooms and facilities in the car park
And...?

That's not two-and-a-half months work.
There's 11 days left of Jan. My original point was that to me, It's obvious the tunnel and that wasn't going to be finished by then. If it was then we would have seen more progress this side of the temp walls (the side we CAN see) already.

I was told mid march by the club. Why it will take that long is anyone's guess.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7651 on: January 20, 2017, 10:29:19 am »
There's 11 days left of Jan. My original point was that to me, It's obvious the tunnel and that wasn't going to be finished by then. If it was then we would have seen more progress this side of the temp walls (the side we CAN see) already.

you should give it a go again then :)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7652 on: January 20, 2017, 11:21:02 am »

Do you know what a critical path is? Or how a construction sequence works? That's not being snide - genuine question that might explain why you don't get my point.

They won't finish the ceiling tiles because there is work going on either side and there will be services going over the top. You always leave the tiles out to the last minute because electricians and AC installers will have dirty hands and make a mess. When the work either side is done they'll put in the tiles (probably a days work) and turn on the down lights.

That has to be done before they can take down the temporary wall lights and make good the holes and decorate.

They won't install the data points in the toms at the back because it's a public area. The cables are in and the small power is done.

Infilling a few of temporary openings can only be done when the new changing rooms are in use.

There's a day or two for a carpenter and electrician to fit the final ironmongery and card readers.

All in all there's about a week's worth of work in that corridor. But it's only going to be done at the last minute when the work either side is complete because it will be sequenced that way.

That's why there's almost no difference between the Man City tunnel can and Plymouth. It's not the amount of work to be done, it's just the last few items on the programme.

If you're right about the March date (I'm not saying you aren't right) I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's little to no change in the next tunnel cam video. If they've done all the high level services either side then they might have done the ceiling tiles and take down the temporary wall lights but the temporary openings etc have to remain as the last item on the programme.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:27:11 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7653 on: January 20, 2017, 11:26:21 am »
Do you know what a critical path is? It how a construction sequence works? That's not being snide.

They won't finish the ceiling tiles because there is work going in either side and there will be services going over the top. When the work either side is done they will out in the tiles (probably a days work) and use the down lights.

That has to be done before they can take down the temporary wall lights and make good.

They won't install the data points because it's a public area. The cables are in and the small power is done.

Infilling a few of temporary openings can only be done when the new changing rooms are in use.

There's a day or two for a carpenter and electrician to fit the final ironmongery and card readers.

All in all there's about a week's worth of work in that corridor.

But it's only going to be done at the last minute when the work either side is complete because it will be sequenced that way.

If you're right about the March date (I'm not saying you aren't right) I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's little to no change in the next tunnel cam video. If they've done all the high level services either side then they might have done the ceiling tiles and take down the temporary wall lights but the temporary openings etc have to remain as the last item on the programme.
Yes so as I said if they are working towards the end of Jan as a completion date then you'd expect to see some changes. What's annoying me is the lack of visuals of how the final tunnel is going to look!

Also on another note the new Spurs tunnel club looks amazing.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7654 on: January 20, 2017, 11:42:12 am »
Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here (incorporating guide to components of superstructure of a building)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7655 on: January 20, 2017, 11:52:40 am »
Yes so as I said if they are working towards the end of Jan as a completion date then you'd expect to see some changes. What's annoying me is the lack of visuals of how the final tunnel is going to look!

Also on another note the new Spurs tunnel club looks amazing.

What do you mean by the final tunnel?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7656 on: January 20, 2017, 12:17:52 pm »
Is there an argument that may have not been there a year ago for FSG to finance the anfield road end development through a loan while the dollar is so strong to the pound , a cash investment at this time in dollars converted to sterling would return 20% more £s than a year ago

No idea, but you also have to bear in mind that the return (ticket sales) would still be in pounds, and that construction costs will be unpredictable post Brexit as there could be new tariffs on steel and so on, not to mention the prospect of a fall in ticket sales when the economy falls through the floor again.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7657 on: January 20, 2017, 12:23:09 pm »
the last 3-4 pages are crazy. We're arguing about an unfinished tunnel!

"Practice?!?! We talking bout practice??!!?"

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7658 on: January 20, 2017, 12:43:27 pm »
What do you mean by the final tunnel?
Final ie no more work to be done. Players, staff, match day officials walking round with no works going on.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #7659 on: January 20, 2017, 01:24:58 pm »
LOL. Bloody hell guys, who gives a shit?

Cool to see tunnel coming along. I do hope they decide to go on with the Annie Rd redevelopment - mostly because I really enjoyed following this thread!

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #7660 on: January 20, 2017, 03:31:58 pm »
I feel a drunken night on photoshop coming on....

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7661 on: January 20, 2017, 04:35:33 pm »
LOL. Bloody hell guys, who gives a shit?

Cool to see tunnel coming along. I do hope they decide to go on with the Annie Rd redevelopment - mostly because I really enjoyed following this thread!

Having read the last couple of pages this is my thought! Why do people care about a part of the ground you will never go into?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7662 on: January 20, 2017, 04:50:55 pm »
I feel a drunken night on photoshop coming on....

We need the mirror tunnel Spurs are putting in

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7663 on: January 20, 2017, 05:22:00 pm »
Everton are going to end up with a better tunnel than us. That's not on. FSG out. Klopp out.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7664 on: January 20, 2017, 05:52:55 pm »
We need the mirror tunnel Spurs are putting in

Sounds absolutely awful.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7665 on: January 20, 2017, 06:17:11 pm »
Are they those carnival mirrors that make you fat, thin, tall and short?

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7666 on: January 20, 2017, 06:22:16 pm »
Sounds absolutely awful.

They're getting a "Cheese Room", it sounds amazing

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7667 on: January 20, 2017, 06:23:11 pm »
They're getting a "Cheese Room", it sounds amazing
A cheese room?  Seriously?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7668 on: January 20, 2017, 06:42:03 pm »
Everton are going to end up with a better tunnel than us. That's not on. FSG out. Klopp out.

If Everton get a better tunnel than us I'm finished with football.  :'(
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7669 on: January 20, 2017, 06:47:04 pm »
If Everton get a better tunnel than us I'm finished with football.  :'(

Against modern tunnels
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7670 on: January 20, 2017, 06:53:12 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7671 on: January 20, 2017, 06:57:55 pm »
A cheese room?  Seriously?

The most expensive seats in the exclusive “H Club” will cost an even prettier penny. A £15,000 joining fee – and any client must buy a pair of tickets – will put any takers back £30,000 before watching even a minute of football. It includes the kind of attention to detail that offers a cheese room for clients to select their own specially sourced half-time cheeses.

They're also getting a micro brewery

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7672 on: January 20, 2017, 07:21:46 pm »
Having read the last couple of pages this is my thought! Why do people care about a part of the ground you will never go into?
Actually I've graced the hallowed turf after getting changed in the home dressing room and walking out the famous tunnel touching the 'this is anfield' sign on several occasions. And I hope to do it again!

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7673 on: January 20, 2017, 07:23:26 pm »
Specially sourced half-time cheese.

It's the new "4th place is our everything"

;D ;D ;D
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7674 on: January 20, 2017, 07:24:23 pm »
Actually I've disgraced the hallowed turf after getting changed in the home dressing room and walking out the famous tunnel touching the 'this is anfield' sign on several occasions. And I hope to do it again!

:wave

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7675 on: January 20, 2017, 07:40:45 pm »
:wave
I had a goal robbed off me so you could say that!

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7676 on: January 20, 2017, 07:44:48 pm »
I had a goal robbed off me so you could say that!

Only messing, what was it for when you played?

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7677 on: January 20, 2017, 08:07:08 pm »
Only messing, what was it for when you played?
Final of a footy tournament!

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7678 on: January 20, 2017, 09:21:52 pm »
I don't mind owens_2k banging on about the completion of the tunnel, it means I get to look at his avatar over and over again  :D
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7679 on: January 21, 2017, 12:29:45 pm »
Dammit! half-time cheese! Not even during the game.