Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2512952 times)

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #7440 on: September 30, 2016, 04:34:42 am »
We're talking about a cash investment here, an interest free loan. The value of the asset doesn't make cash pop out of thin air however much it rises.

Again, you're making an assumption I don't share, there. The same one, in fact. They are a sports ownership business. So owning Liverpool isn't a stepping stone, it's their core business. If they sold it, what else would they buy? Another football club? What's the point?

No it doesn't make cash pop out of thin air. But you know what leverage is and so do they. And interest rates are incredibly low. And it could be argued it's very very low risk for them and the club, given the TV money coming in. I don't fully buy it that it was an 'interest free' loan either to be honest. That might be how it's been written down, but they haven't done it for nothing. Otherwise they wouldn't be the top business people they are. But that's another discussion too.

If/when they sell, they'd buy another sports franchise that was massively undervalued like they did with us. Because there will come a point where there is more profit in that for them then there is in LFC. Or less of a ball ache. Or both.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the thread any more. It's an interesting discussion and it doesn't have to be polemic ('They're great owners vs They're greedy bastards'). But I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping an eye on them and if necessary holding them to account. I happen to think they are being a bit greedy here and they're acting for the good of FSG rather than LFC. I don't think there's anything wrong with asking them that question.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7441 on: September 30, 2016, 10:48:25 am »
Not an exchange thread
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7442 on: September 30, 2016, 01:06:47 pm »
I see the imbeciles have moved into this thread. Craig has it spot on below, people should read this before blowing a gasket:
Looks like you were already here.

At least FSG threw us a few crumbs of 2000 GA seats though, what great guys.
cyas

Offline ScouseWar

• Boys Pen
« Reply #7443 on: September 30, 2016, 01:26:50 pm »
Finally get to post on here when the Main Stand is all but finished.

Fantastic photos, thanks to everyone who uploaded them.  Just hope the ARE gets done now too.

Disappointed with John Henry's comments.  Build a load more corporate into the ARE and a hotel too, with rooms facing Stanley Parkto get non-match day revenue up...

Let the corporate pay for it...   and then hopefully the Centenery becomes Main Stand II,,
and then the Kop is increased with no corporates.   Kop comes last while we wait to get the WBR re-routed.
Vorsprung durch Kloppnik

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #7444 on: September 30, 2016, 01:44:19 pm »
Finally get to post on here when the Main Stand is all but finished.

Fantastic photos, thanks to everyone who uploaded them.  Just hope the ARE gets done now too.

Disappointed with John Henry's comments.  Build a load more corporate into the ARE and a hotel too, with rooms facing Stanley Parkto get non-match day revenue up...

Let the corporate pay for it...   and then hopefully the Centenery becomes Main Stand II,,
and then the Kop is increased with no corporates.   Kop comes last while we wait to get the WBR re-routed.
Welcome! The discussion of expanding The Kop has been done to death. It's not happening.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline JCM

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7445 on: September 30, 2016, 01:57:36 pm »
Yep, not happening, and neither is the Anfield Road End
LFC Collectables

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7446 on: September 30, 2016, 02:00:04 pm »
and neither is the Anfield Road End

Not been decided yet.

Offline JCM

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7447 on: September 30, 2016, 02:04:07 pm »
Decided ?

What happened to their vow (promise) to build a new stadium or redevelop Anfield up to 60,000 when they bought the club.  Are they not duty bound to fulfil these obligations as part of the terms of their purchase.
LFC Collectables

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7448 on: September 30, 2016, 02:05:48 pm »
Decided ?

Yes. No decision has been made if to do so or not.

What happened to their vow (promise) to build a new stadium or redevelop Anfield up to 60,000 when they bought the club.  Are they not duty bound to fulfil these obligations as part of the terms of their purchase.

As has been discussed many times, such a promise was never made.

Offline JCM

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7449 on: September 30, 2016, 02:08:27 pm »
Sorry, that's not how I remember it
LFC Collectables

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7450 on: September 30, 2016, 02:10:36 pm »

Then you remember it wrong.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #7451 on: September 30, 2016, 02:14:29 pm »
Decided ?

??? Link please?

And I doubt those were the terms of purchase. They purchased us in a dire spot indeed.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7452 on: September 30, 2016, 02:18:50 pm »
Decided ?

There is no obligation.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7453 on: September 30, 2016, 02:24:37 pm »
Decided ?

Key words here are 'up to 60,000' - that doesn't mean they have to take it all the way up to that level.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7454 on: September 30, 2016, 02:26:32 pm »
There is no obligation.

Of course not Liverpool Football Business Club exists to make Fenway's Sports Group's rich owners even richer.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline JCM

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7455 on: September 30, 2016, 02:54:43 pm »
Right, ok, well thanks for clearing that up then - but might be just me, but I thought something around 60,000 was the general aim. 

Seems such a shame to ditch it though just because it won't make money for them fast enough, as I'm sure it would break even over a longer period
LFC Collectables

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7456 on: September 30, 2016, 03:04:22 pm »

You're right, Broughton said it - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/6431042/reds-chief-outlines-deal

"They have built stadiums and they have restored stadiums. They have not committed to which is the right thing.

"We will have a stadium of more than 60,000. We will get substantial stadium development."

And: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/well-give-you-60000-anfield-3392536

"There’s definitely a commitment to invest in a stadium and we will finish up with a 60,000-plus seater stadium.

“Where they haven't finalised their view is whether that should be the new stadium or whether there are still opportunities to build at Anfield itself.

“They have done both. The people involved have built the new stadium at Baltimore Orioles, for example, and at Fenway Park they looked at the two options and decided that actually redevelopment with all of the tradition was better than a new stadium.

“They are committed to looking at both very professionally and seeing which is the best option.”

So yes, there was an agreement to supply a stadium, whether new or redeveloped, of Around 60k.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7457 on: September 30, 2016, 03:05:54 pm »
You're right, Broughton said it - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/6431042/reds-chief-outlines-deal

"They have built stadiums and they have restored stadiums. They have not committed to which is the right thing.

"We will have a stadium of more than 60,000. We will get substantial stadium development."

And: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/well-give-you-60000-anfield-3392536

"There’s definitely a commitment to invest in a stadium and we will finish up with a 60,000-plus seater stadium.

“Where they haven't finalised their view is whether that should be the new stadium or whether there are still opportunities to build at Anfield itself.

“They have done both. The people involved have built the new stadium at Baltimore Orioles, for example, and at Fenway Park they looked at the two options and decided that actually redevelopment with all of the tradition was better than a new stadium.

“They are committed to looking at both very professionally and seeing which is the best option.”

So yes, there was an agreement to supply a stadium, whether new or redeveloped, of Around 60k.

Broughton isn't FSG.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #7458 on: September 30, 2016, 03:14:13 pm »
Jonny 5, can you just document the empty space behind the ARE for the next few years please mate I need my fix. And Craig can you explain to people what the different bits of litter and leaves blowing about do. Alan can show us diagrams of empty space expansions he's worked on before and whiteboots can slag off the empty space for not being empty enough and we can all be thread best buddies again 4eva.

Offline JCM

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7459 on: September 30, 2016, 03:21:49 pm »
Broughton isn't FSG, your right Craig, but I would guess that most of our fan base believed that the new owners were prepared to sort out the stadium issue once and for all.  It was very much mentioned at the time and indeed stressed to the supporter base.

Ending up with a half developed stadium does not seem to fulfil these expectations

Thanks Laddo

LFC Collectables

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7460 on: September 30, 2016, 03:25:51 pm »
Ending up with a half developed stadium does not seem to fulfil these expectations

Which brings me back round to...

Not been decided yet.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7461 on: September 30, 2016, 04:09:47 pm »
I assume most of the people going on about 60,000 are fans who regularly lose out on tickets, is that right?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline JCM

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7462 on: September 30, 2016, 04:31:22 pm »
I live in Liverpool and have supported LFC for over forty years.  I have two young boys desperate to go to games but can't get tickets, so yes, I'm one of those people 'going on about not getting tickets' - is that ok
LFC Collectables

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7463 on: September 30, 2016, 05:17:31 pm »
Broughton isn't FSG.

Never realised.

He is the man who sold the club to them though and outlined the agreements made in selling the club to them in the quotes above.

FSG have always said they'll not deliver not promise etc publicly, but clearly they made these such agreements when purchasing the club, speaking to the club's acting chairman at the time.

Pretty naive to think that only FSG's public statements are what their plans are.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7464 on: September 30, 2016, 05:23:48 pm »
Never realised.

He is the man who sold the club to them though and outlined the agreements made in selling the club to them in the quotes above.

He doesn't mention any agreement. He says they haven't committed to Anfield or a new stadium but have committed to solving the stadium issue, and then gave his opinion as to size.

There was no agreement what so ever as to them having to provide a 60k stadium solution.

FSG have always said they'll not deliver not promise etc publicly, but clearly they made these such agreements when purchasing the club, speaking to the club's acting chairman at the time.

Pretty naive to think that only FSG's public statements are what their plans are.

There is zero mention of an agreement.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7465 on: September 30, 2016, 05:58:31 pm »
Any outsider reading some of the comments would think we're a right ungrateful bunch of bastards. Saved from the cowboys, money spent on players, Kloppo as manager and Main Stand redeveloped and yet still moaning about the owners.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7466 on: September 30, 2016, 08:28:36 pm »
I live in Liverpool and have supported LFC for over forty years.  I have two young boys desperate to go to games but can't get tickets, so yes, I'm one of those people 'going on about not getting tickets' - is that ok

Er, yes that's fine. Just a question, why so touchy?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7467 on: September 30, 2016, 09:16:44 pm »
There is zero mention of an agreement.

"There’s definitely a commitment to invest in a stadium and we will finish up with a 60,000-plus seater stadium."

Agreement no, a commitment yes.

I agree with FSG not giving public announcements on it, but clearly they gave a commitment privately. Not really sure why you are so intent on denying that. Or do you know more than the then acting chairman?

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7468 on: September 30, 2016, 10:20:18 pm »
"There’s definitely a commitment to invest in a stadium and we will finish up with a 60,000-plus seater stadium."

I agree with FSG not giving public announcements on it, but clearly they gave a commitment privately. Not really sure why you are so intent on denying that. Or do you know more than the then acting chairman?

They have invested in the stadium. You can't hold someone to somebody else's word, anyway. That's Broughton speaking isn't it? He was never part of FSG or authorised to speak on their behalf.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #7469 on: October 1, 2016, 12:05:59 am »
Any outsider reading some of the comments would think we're a right ungrateful bunch of bastards. Saved from the cowboys, money spent on players, Kloppo as manager and Main Stand redeveloped and yet still moaning about the owners.

Correct, you just can't please some miserable bastards folk.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7470 on: October 1, 2016, 12:34:03 am »
I know people can't generally bothered to read more than two or three sentences, so in summary... the man never made any commitment to any number or new or redeveloped. People should listen to what he said, not what they like to think he said.

Further details for anyone with the required attention span:

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/06/john-w-henry-on-the-stadium-question/

It's absolutely no news whatsoever that any expansion is required to stack up financially. Sorry and all that but...
« Last Edit: October 1, 2016, 12:49:16 am by Peter McGurk »

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7471 on: October 1, 2016, 01:51:17 am »
I know people can't generally bothered to read more than two or three sentences, so in summary... the man never made any commitment to any number or new or redeveloped. People should listen to what he said, not what they like to think he said.

Further details for anyone with the required attention span:

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/06/john-w-henry-on-the-stadium-question/

It's absolutely no news whatsoever that any expansion is required to stack up financially. Sorry and all that but...

Erm... it does stack up financially - just not to the liking of Henry in his latest comments - he'd seemingly like ticket prices higher to help pay for it (more quickly).

As the mods sometimes say on here - read, think, and then post - and try not to belittle your fellow fans. You can do this - yes, yes - you can.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #7472 on: October 1, 2016, 06:55:34 am »

As you just did!

Offline AnimalMasch

• Main Stander
  • Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA
« Reply #7473 on: October 1, 2016, 07:44:39 am »

Can I ask why you can't get tickets ? Demand ? Or prices?
Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7474 on: October 1, 2016, 08:30:57 am »

Laddo is commited to investing £50m in RAWK.

Now that's me saying that, not you, but I assume you now consider this an agreement and you'll be sending RAWK HQ a cheque?

Offline JCM

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7475 on: October 1, 2016, 09:20:58 am »
Look Craig, I think the vast majority of supporters were / are under the impression that FSG had given some sort of commitment to redevelop Anfield upon buying the club (and yes 60,000)

To suggest this is not the case really looks like a childish attempt to re-write history
LFC Collectables

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7476 on: October 1, 2016, 09:36:01 am »
Look Craig, I think the vast majority of supporters were / are under the impression that FSG had given some sort of commitment to redevelop Anfield upon buying the club (and yes 60,000)

To suggest this is not the case really looks like a childish attempt to re-write history

Look JCM.

Childish to point out you were wrong to be under that impression? Bizarre way of thinking, rather than just admitting you got it wrong and they gave no such commitment you're going to attack me for pointing out your error.

What next, would you accuse me of being pedantic for telling you the Earth isn't flat?

Offline JCM

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7477 on: October 1, 2016, 09:36:12 am »
Henry is a clever man so I don't expect this to ever have been a written agreement, but its what Broughton and the fan base were led to believe and appeared in the media.

It was also an impression they were happy to go with.

Similarly Henry gave no written agreement to only redevelop Anfield to 53,791 and leave us with a lop-sided, half developed stadium.

Historical revisionism at its best.
LFC Collectables

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7478 on: October 1, 2016, 09:37:07 am »
Henry is a clever man so I don't expect this to ever have been a written agreement, but its what Broughton and the fan base were led to believe and appeared in the media.

It was also an impression they were happy to go with.

Similarly Henry gave no written agreement to only redevelop Anfield to 53,791 and leave us with a lop-sided, half developed stadium.

Historical revisionism at its best.

Hilarious.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7479 on: October 1, 2016, 09:59:22 am »
it was well documented that any sale came with a condition to redevelop/build a new stadium.

If that isn't true, it's just another example of the great deal FSG got when they 'saved' us.
cyas