Author Topic: Liverpool 1-1 Man City (2-1): (Gerrard, pen) Half time.....  (Read 91335 times)

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A City fan in work thinks they're only coming for a 'walk in the park'
They might get chased over the park
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
Just like they had 2 weeks ago ::)

Any team who watched us against Bolton would be thinking the same...

Offline tamadic

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

I have that feeling, too. If we play like last Sat.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've got Manchester City to win at shit odds г10

Manchester City to win in Extra time г10 at 130/1

Manchester City to win on pens г10 at 140/1

Manchester City to qualify at shit odds г10

That's Manchester City fucked then :)  I never win a bet ever.

Don't want to sound like a pedantic twat but the 130/1 and 140/1 odds are not realistic.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back

but that was never a penalty, or so he claims.
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline ldsn

• Kopite
My first 'big' game at Anfield and am buzzing right now. Got an exam the next day too but this can't be missed. Row 56 of 305, COME ON REDMEN!

Offline tamadic

• Kopite

That's the spirit!!!
Hope that's work.
I did that in both Barca vs Mancs CL finals.
Cost me $200 US, but I was so happy.

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • WeТve been to...
Going on this one, I went to both semi finals against Chelsea and the FA cup semi final in 06. Hopefully good luck continues.

Offline rewood

• Kopite
Have missed 1 match this season including friendlies{stoke away cc}
these are the sort of games we should be frothing at the mouth for
2 games at our home against 2 teams from a city we detest
if anyone cant get themselves up for these 2 games christ what are you going for?
just think this time next week we could be looking forward to our 1st visit to the new wembley+
looking forward to a 5th round draw with no mancs in it
AND in a weeks time LUIS is back
Support + Believe!!!!!

great post mate, my thoughts exactly. It's  Fucking wembley , it's a final, it's a pot. C'mon red men.

Offline ShibbyLFC

• Kopite
Any team who watched us against Bolton would be thinking the same...

all part of the plan  ;D

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
all part of the plan  ;D

Ahhhh.  Now it's all coming together! :P

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!

Link to those odds? Might get a bit of the 130/1 extra time.
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Have to admit Im struggling to get too excited about tomorrow.

When the draw was made, I thought it would be a great tie, and the atmosphere tomorrow would be bouncing. Not so sure anymore.

If we do get through, so what? Honestly, so what? It's only the Carling Cup. Im not wuming, it's the truth. It's a trophy you pay little attention to when you're in the hunt for the top prizes.

Sure Id like to go to Wembley, and sure its been too long without a trophy. Ill want us to win as much as anyone tomorrow, but in all honesty, us winning this trophy would prove what? What would it signify?

I know it's been common recently to say that winning any trophy breeds a winning mentality. But does it? I mean, we won the league cup in 1995 and never won anything else under Evans. We won it under Houllier in 2001 and it spurred us on to win the 2 other cups. We lost in the final in Rafa's first season but still won the champions league and fa cups in successive seasons.

I've argued for a while that the Carling Cup is perfect for a big club starved of success (like Chelsea in 05, United the year after that, us in 01) and I stand by that. But I cant lie to myself, Im struggling to get too excited about tomorrow. In the grand scheme of things it means fuck all really bar a nice day out.

I know the old mantra about "Liverpool exists to win trophies" but thats quite clearly bollocks. I wouldnt swap the 06-09 years under Rafa after the FA Cup win for 30 consecutive league cup successes. We could win the carling cup for the next 4 years, but Kenny will be sacked if we're constantly 6th.

Sorry to be a downer, but thats how I feel at the moment. Think the last 2 results have knocked the stuffing out of me to be honest.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Link to those odds? Might get a bit of the 130/1 extra time.

Must surely be adding a 0 there!

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
Just got a ticket to the game , Come on REDMEN !
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan

When the draw was made, I thought it would be a great tie, and the atmosphere tomorrow would be bouncing. Not so sure anymore.

If we do get through, so what? Honestly, so what? It's only the Carling Cup. Im not wuming, it's the truth. It's a trophy you pay little attention to when you're in the hunt for the top prizes.

Sure Id like to go to Wembley, and sure its been too long without a trophy. Ill want us to win as much as anyone tomorrow, but in all honesty, us winning this trophy would prove what? What would it signify?

I know it's been common recently to say that winning any trophy breeds a winning mentality. But does it? I mean, we won the league cup in 1995 and never won anything else under Evans. We won it under Houllier in 2001 and it spurred us on to win the 2 other cups. We lost in the final in Rafa's first season but still won the champions league and fa cups in successive seasons.

I've argued for a while that the Carling Cup is perfect for a big club starved of success (like Chelsea in 05, United the year after that, us in 01) and I stand by that. But I cant lie to myself, Im struggling to get too excited about tomorrow. In the grand scheme of things it means fuck all really bar a nice day out.

I know the old mantra about "Liverpool exists to win trophies" but thats quite clearly bollocks. I wouldnt swap the 06-09 years under Rafa after the FA Cup win for 30 consecutive league cup successes. We could win the carling cup for the next 4 years, but Kenny will be sacked if we're constantly 6th.

Sorry to be a downer, but thats how I feel at the moment. Think the last 2 results have knocked the stuffing out of me to be honest.

Hope you're not sitting next to me  ;D

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Hahaha!

Thing is, I was really buzzing before the Stoke and the Chelsea games but Im so not up for tomorrow its untrue.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
It might not be the most prestigious of trophies but winning it would result in us being in Europe. There are no guarantees we'll get a Europa spot through our league finish so the Carling cup is quite important.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
Is Kompany back for this?

Offline dazzcarlos

• Main Stander

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It might not be the most prestigious of trophies but winning it would result in us being in Europe. There are no guarantees we'll get a Europa spot through our league finish so the Carling cap is quite important.

Know what you mean, but Id rather not be anywhere near the Europa League. I miss watchign us midweek but I sure as shit dont miss that mess of a competition.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...

I don't know him at all, but I bet he'll be as excited as anyone if we get through.

Offline verbal kint

• Kopite

Trip to wembley, first trophy since 06, guaranteed place in europe and a much needed boost to confidence before the united game. I think that would be a decent start. I can't wait and really really want to win this.
Somebody said recently that having Rafa as the manager means not giving a shit who you get in a Champions' League draw...........

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
Know what you mean, but Id rather not be anywhere near the Europa League. I miss watchign us midweek but I sure as shit dont miss that mess of a competition.

Think of the experience for the kids and the fact our team are in TV every week if you can't get to the game. You'd take winning it all day long, it's just the shit bit in the middle that's, well... shit.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Is Kompany back for this?
No still banned,
Think if we can shut them out for the first 20 and start to hit them on the counter then the crowd will keep with us and hopefully were get one.
Concern is if Bellamy can't play then where is the goal going to come from, if we try and defend all game their pick us off with Silva.
YNWA

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
Can't really believe what I am reading here.

"I'm not really up for this"

"I don't want to be in the Europa League"

We're not Barcelona, we haven't won a fucking thing since 2006 and we can't afford to be snobby these days.

Tomorrow night is absolutely massive. I am buzzing. Let's get to Wembley, lift a trophy and guarantee European football next season.

Then onwards and upwards...

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trip to wembley, first trophy since 06, guaranteed place in europe and a much needed boost to confidence before the united game. I think that would be a decent start. I can't wait and really really want to win this.

All true.

Offline WraithXx

• LinguistiCc PedanTt. Ass Man fan. IN PONTO PERDITUS
  • Legacy Fan
  • veritas aequitas
my lineup:

Reina

Carragher             Kyrgiakos                 Skrtel               Konchesky

Spearing             Poulsen

Meireles                                       Cole                                Kuyt

Ngog                               

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ннннннннннн
LIVERPOOL F.C
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬нннннннннннннннн

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I honestly think if Spearing is fit tomorrow, we have a chance. If he can do a job on Silva like Lucas did (I know hard task) then we should be alright. I don't care if defend all game or if we attack all game, as long as we win or draw, we will be through.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You miserable bastard!  ;D

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
Any news on spearing. C'mon ya big baby. We needs ya ;D
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Jacob Ian

• Kopite

I understand where you're coming from, but one thing to keep in mind is that life is short. there's only so many trophy celebrations any supporter gets to enjoy, why blow off any? if you take into account all the liverpool suporters around the world, statistically speaking the chances of at least one us not living to see another game isn't that slim. i know none of us think we're about to go, but why not just relish and cherish the good things that are in front of us like seeing Liverpool lift a trophy?

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
I guess Dortmund in 2001 was a shit experience, eh?
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
The last thing we need tomorrow is for it to go to penalties.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cardiff it is again then for a final!

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
The nerves are building. Can't wait for this.

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
at least one Gerrard's going to Wembley then

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I guess Dortmund in 2001 was a shit experience, eh?

Was amazing but its nowhere near the same competition and you know it.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
Have missed 1 match this season including friendlies{stoke away cc}
these are the sort of games we should be frothing at the mouth for
2 games at our home against 2 teams from a city we detest
if anyone cant get themselves up for these 2 games christ what are you going for?
just think this time next week we could be looking forward to our 1st visit to the new wembley+
looking forward to a 5th round draw with no mancs in it
AND in a weeks time LUIS is back
Support + Believe!!!!!
Cracking post, roll on tomorrow and Saturday!
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is Magua playing or banned ?