Author Topic: The Return Of The King - How do you feel?  (Read 27009 times)

Offline stevieb

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Return Of The King - How do you feel?
« Reply #200 on: January 8, 2011, 12:28:24 pm »
It's great news - didn't expect it today but did predict it yesterday :)

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=268814.msg7951020#msg7951020
They call her Natasha when she looks like Elsie

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
« Reply #201 on: January 8, 2011, 12:28:44 pm »
All we need is Purslow to fuck off, then we have our club back.
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline B.A. Baracus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #202 on: January 8, 2011, 12:28:44 pm »
How do I feel?!

I yelled "GET IN!!!", my 8 year old daughter ran downstairs and said what's up. I said Roy's gone and Kenny is manager.

She said "that's good, so why are you crying?"

I told her there's something in my eye.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 8, 2011, 12:29:08 pm »
Besides the happy feelings I really think you couldn´t point out enough how important this decision in fact was.

- NESV gets a lot of time to sort things out as Kenny is taking a lot of pressure away from them, even if he doesn´t win on a constant basis, cause he´s Kenny

- The whole agenda against Rafa will have an end now as Kenny will in no way putting any fire into it, which will be important in order to leave the past behind

- The media will have a tougher time with playing their agenda driven games as the Hodgson story is put to an end

- and finally the most important thing: THIS is the time when players power will definitely have an end as there is no way that ANY player is able to put himself over Kenny. They know that there´s nothing they can do about when Kenny takes a decision. Be it playing Gerrard on the right or Carra on the bench.

- In order to prepare the right decision for the improving our squad the team Comolli-Kenny looks like a very good combination in order to bring everything back on track again. Selling Konchensky, Poulsen, bringing Insua back... I reckon they will make all those sane and right decisions what you could expect from serious leadership on the pitch.

I am excited and very happy although it should have happened two month ago, then it would have been possible to have a go for 4h. But anyway, better now than never!!!

Come on Kenny, come on the redman!!!!!

« Last Edit: January 8, 2011, 12:32:19 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline evenflow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 8, 2011, 12:29:15 pm »
WOW...
fucking over the moon..

THE KING IS BACK!!
Quote from: rowan_d on Today at 05:49:28 PM
And though Jacob once did ascend unto the Holy Mountain, Christ the Healer declared unto him, 'Mad Men has had a mare in this thread.'

Jacob, 3:16

Offline Plumhead

• Kemlynite
« Reply #205 on: January 8, 2011, 12:29:58 pm »
Absolutely overjoyed with this news.  I can see us definitely winning the cup this year (we'll do the mancs, easy) and the league next year.  King Kenny will save us and bring back the glory years.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 8, 2011, 12:31:53 pm »
fucking made up! let's do these mancs tomorrow!

Offline Ziggy09

• Kopite
  • No Retreat, No Surrender
    • KZFLP - Health & Skincare
« Reply #207 on: January 8, 2011, 12:32:57 pm »
Over the moon! Always always had hoped for this....just praying now that the "bounce" will be felt by the players.

But if anything, this will unite all the fans - its the only decision that actually could. No more bickering!!

Now the players have nowhere to hide.....lets hope they pull their socks up, find their passion and pride (which no doubt the King will restore) and asfans, lets get behind them and push them on!
Roll up you sleeves and start to dance boys, for happiness is rare in a poor man's life!

Dedication. Determination. Perfection.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 8, 2011, 12:33:32 pm »
It feels just as good as any goal celebration at the moment. I really hope the slightly grim atmosphere that has been around our club recently has finally been lifted.

Amongst his first games we play Man U and Everton, you really couldn't script that, perfect. Very jelaous of the lads going the game tomorrow.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Ariel

• Main Stander
« Reply #209 on: January 8, 2011, 12:34:56 pm »
Im really happy, but i wanted to ask somthing, how was the football under King Kenny i wasnt born in those years, was it an attacking style? or what?

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 8, 2011, 12:34:57 pm »
Like a Liverpool fan again

boss and true
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline Stanfo

• Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 8, 2011, 12:35:14 pm »
Amazing feeling, now lets forget all the arguing and just get behind the team as liverpool fans and see what can be achieved, being positive is so much more enjoyable than moaning.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #212 on: January 8, 2011, 12:35:20 pm »
I'm a bit sceptical that to NEVS it seems to be a short-term thing until the end of the season. I would have preferred a long-term solution right now.

However, I'm over the moon with Kenny taking over and I have no doubt that it could become the long-term solution if things work out the right way. Let's twat those Manc bastards...

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: January 8, 2011, 12:35:31 pm »
Feels like a new start! Kenny is my all time hero. Will be a massive boost of morale, at least short term. Right now, it's great news. At least one mistake from the summer has been corrected and it was about time. 

Don't want to be miserable, but I have my doubts. I believe Kenny should be given a different role at the club. If people were concerned about Rafa-Comolli working together, what about this? Hope Comolli and NESV can handle this. And yes, it's the same game, but he hasn't been in charge of a side for years. We are in a dreadful position in the league. It could work in Kenny's favour, but just a week from now, we could also be under even more pressure.

Something needed to be done. It's a bit of a gamble, but I believe Kenny will have everyone's backing and that's a big change for the better.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline La Ligapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • So Raise the Scarlet Standard High
« Reply #214 on: January 8, 2011, 12:35:40 pm »
The man who lead us through our darkest hour returns. Cometh the hour cometh the wee man.
Our greatest ever player managing a team with our second greatest ever player as captain.
That´ll do.
A new era begins.
Let's be patient,
It feels good,
German with a Brazilian flavour
@mowords

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 8, 2011, 12:36:47 pm »
Who kenny chooses as his number 2 will be important as well.

Offline Weytske

• Anny Roader
  • Peerless
« Reply #216 on: January 8, 2011, 12:36:55 pm »

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 8, 2011, 12:36:56 pm »
Was offline and away, just got in and on.

Weird. Speechless at the moment.

Even tho it's been on the cards for a long time. I don't know, there's something.

Thought of this earlier; why aren't I jumping with joy - I sure enough would have a reason too, but I'm not.
By all means, there aren't words to describe how glad I am Roy is gone. It was a just a horrible, horrible relationship.

I'm thinking my lack of joy-jumping at the moment is due to the fact that I never thought Liverpool would end up in a position like this, having to make decisions like this. Making supporters feel like this.

And my favorite player of all time to come in. King Kenny!
I understand each and every argument that has been made against his appointment. I pray the King will come away from this unscathed. We, as supporters, need him to be. We need him to stay as the icon he is. So remember that.

I wasn't going to see the game come Sunday.

You can bet your ass I'm gonna now.

And whoever of the players NOT turning up come Sunday - regardless of nationality, age, position, status, what-have-you; you can, oh-so-kindly, feck off!

Can our season finally start now?

postscript: wrote this in the other thread, should perhaps have been in here, heh
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #218 on: January 8, 2011, 12:37:23 pm »
Absolutely elated!

Kenny is the perfect man RIGHT NOW for LFC.  And who knows, maybe longterm as well.  He is perfectly qualified to lead Liverpool FC .... more so than Mourinho, Rijkaard, Hiddink, Van Gaal, whoever .... even Rafa.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 8, 2011, 12:38:22 pm »
My cock has just been sick.............. ;D
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Roy Bentham

• SoS Travel Officer
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #220 on: January 8, 2011, 12:38:35 pm »
ELATION !!

40/1 FOR THE CUP

must be worth a nibble !

Offline Red Ali

• Boys Pen
« Reply #221 on: January 8, 2011, 12:39:00 pm »
Rarely post here, always read....but this is the one time I feel I have to post.

I remember the day Kenny left, I was 14 and off school at home 'ill'.  I sat and cried my eyes out and couldn't believe he was going.  As I've got older I understand why he did but for me he has never left the club...he may have managed others....he may have had time away from the game.... but his heart has always been with us.

He's taken a break, a longer than average break granted but now for the first time in a long time I have a smile on my face....when my little 6 year old boy comes home in a bit I can sit him down and tell him once again about the man who is now our manager....in the darkest days of the last couple of months I have tried to tell him how much passion all 11 of our players once had week after week not just the odd 2 or 3, when they played for each other, for those who stood and watched and for the club.  Not just for 80k a week. When we were on the back pages for the right reasons.

He's watched the DVDs etc but that's not the same as seeing it in real terms......now he will have the chance to see for himself the man I tell him is King Kenny.  I can't predict our position in the table at the end of the season but I can say that in charge we have a man who truly truly loves our club and will give everything he has; for me if he can't turn the current situation around no-one can.

The King has returned...now bring on that lot tomorrow.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #222 on: January 8, 2011, 12:39:15 pm »
Just got football back! Got back something I didnt really know I'd lost.

Havent been interested at all, barely interested in our games, now I'm going to happily watch Leeds & Arsenal.

The war is over, its finally fucking over. No more protests, no more moaning, no more discord. Of course it matters how we do now, but win lose or draw we will do it together, we are a club again.

Cannot fucking wait to hear the kop roar Dalglish again.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• his processor is underclocked
  • Kopite
« Reply #223 on: January 8, 2011, 12:39:36 pm »
Who kenny chooses as his number 2 will be important as well.

As I have said before want Didi. But Sammy should have been roaded in Rafas time brings absolutely nothing (bar warm ups) to the management team. He learnt at school of Fat Sam FFS.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 8, 2011, 12:39:39 pm »
I hope he's ready for the pressure of the league after so long out of management.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 8, 2011, 12:40:00 pm »
How do I feel?!

I yelled "GET IN!!!", my 8 year old daughter ran downstairs and said what's up. I said Roy's gone and Kenny is manager.

That post, with that username, is delightful.

Offline Ziggy09

• Kopite
« Reply #226 on: January 8, 2011, 12:40:02 pm »
My cock has just been sick.............. ;D

:o
Roll up you sleeves and start to dance boys, for happiness is rare in a poor man's life!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #227 on: January 8, 2011, 12:40:05 pm »
stoa, yes a long term solution now would have been ideal but surely it's better to wait for the right man than rush a decision now? buys the owners time to do that. don't underestimate how much the mancs will want to put us in our place tomorrow but i am still smiling. welcome back king, hope the cruise was good!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 8, 2011, 12:40:12 pm »
Ive just woke up.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #229 on: January 8, 2011, 12:40:38 pm »
And the next home game? Everton.

That is going to be one hell of an atmosphere.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Ziggy09

• Kopite
« Reply #230 on: January 8, 2011, 12:41:23 pm »
How do I feel?!

My 5 month old was alseep in my arms and I woke him to tell him "the King is back!!".....very confused but in time he will now what it means!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 8, 2011, 12:41:26 pm »
I hope he's ready for the pressure of the league after so long out of management.

Are you aware of the situations this man has been in throughout his career?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline B.A. Baracus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #232 on: January 8, 2011, 12:43:05 pm »
That post, with that username, is delightful.

Ta.  ;D

I aint cryin fool.  :'(

Offline mayday

• Kopite
  • Keep the faith
« Reply #233 on: January 8, 2011, 12:43:12 pm »
FUCKING OVER THE FUCKING MOON!!!
In Brendan We Trust

Offline gazza1976

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #234 on: January 8, 2011, 12:43:57 pm »
iam buzzing totally buzzing its amazing to think the great man is in charge again he is with out doubt my hero
JFT96 Y.N.W.A

Offline theboyspen

• Winner of 2009's "First to give up on the Premier League" prize, 10.58pm, Sunday 2nd August 2009
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He made the people happy."
« Reply #235 on: January 8, 2011, 12:43:57 pm »
He's the greatest player ever to wear the red shirt and when he took over as player/manager it was the best era of my memories supporting LFC. When he quit I was inconsolable....
I've waited for this day for 20 years!
Glorious!!
"The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards."
"Red is my colour. I'll play for Liverpool as long as they will have me. I don't want to play for anybody else and when I pull off the red shirt for the last time I expect I will finish with football, at any rate as a player."McKinlay 1923

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #236 on: January 8, 2011, 12:44:04 pm »
I love weed in my pants a little
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline B.A. Baracus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #237 on: January 8, 2011, 12:44:06 pm »
My 5 month old was alseep in my arms and I woke him to tell him "the King is back!!".....very confused but in time he will now what it means!

;D

Start now! Bring them up right, bring them up red.  :scarf

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #238 on: January 8, 2011, 12:45:54 pm »
Partly elated, partly cautious.

As much as the Kop loves him, this season is not over.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 8, 2011, 12:47:38 pm »
Half of me delighted, half of me concerned.

Don't want anything to tarnish Liverpool's greatest legend.

Desperately hope that people understand fully that miracles happen but not often. Its possible we'll struggle to the end of season and I don't want anyone getting on Kenny's back if that happens.

10 years ago that was unthinkable but some of our fans nowadays . . .

That said tomorrow will be an emotional day