Author Topic: England win 2017 FIFA World Cup U20  (Read 44125 times)

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 2013 FIFA World Cup U20
« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2013, 10:46:49 pm »
Maybe these top English lads are not as good as some think?? Lets see if any of these players make massive impact in this coming season in breaking into first teams of there clubs.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: June 29, 2013, 10:54:53 pm »
Bet they can't wait to get home and back behind the wheel of their Jag's and Beamers...

And this is one of the major problems.

Too many think they've made it cause they play for Liverpool or Utd reserves

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: June 29, 2013, 10:57:34 pm »
Maybe these top English lads are not as good as some think?? Lets see if any of these players make massive impact in this coming season in breaking into first teams of there clubs.

Said it in another thread today that we go OTT on average players.

I doubt any will make an impact next season but still should of done miles better in this competition

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: June 29, 2013, 10:58:39 pm »
Seriously who ever decided to hire Peter Taylor for Under 20's coach needs sacking

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: June 29, 2013, 11:06:31 pm »

This season should be Ross Barkleys season to break through at Everton. Looks talented, saying that I haven't seen much of him.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2013, 11:09:43 pm »
Seriously who ever decided to hire Peter Taylor for Under 20's coach needs sacking

This is the 4th time Peter Taylor's been brought in to the England set up. FOURTH.

He's managed less than a year in the top flight of English football, and I can't say I'm aware of any players he's brought through at club level?
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2013, 11:13:27 pm »
The Spanish have their share of Harry Kanes. But they work in McNasty's and starbucks

We have our Iniestas and Xavis here. But they too work in McNasty's and Starbucks
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline redy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2013, 11:36:35 pm »
Respected guy on Reddit had this to say:

hopefully this turns out to be right.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #288 on: June 30, 2013, 12:07:02 am »
This is the 4th time Peter Taylor's been brought in to the England set up. FOURTH.

He's managed less than a year in the top flight of English football, and I can't say I'm aware of any players he's brought through at club level?

And in that time he's pretty much regarded as Leicester's worst ever manager that saw them decline after the successful O'Neill years.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: June 30, 2013, 12:14:10 am »

He didn't even bring any players through at Bradford City.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: June 30, 2013, 12:14:18 am »
Too many think they've made it cause they play for Liverpool or Utd reserves

That maybe the case but that doesn't excuse losing to Egypt and drawing with Chile and Iraq. I highly doubt many of there players will make united or liverpool reserves. I am not saying that England had the strongest squad in the tournament but they should have won this group with ease. They had 4-5 players who have already made there debuts in top flight. Youth results can be erratic but its not like England performed at a good level, they were poor and deserved to go out but there loss was not due to lack of quality.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: June 30, 2013, 12:35:24 am »
I agree with those saying that England's players may not be the most technical, but they are still not as bad as the results show. That part is true. Egypt, as Y2J tells us, is essentially a bunch of amateurs. Iraq, I presume, is the same. At least, I cannot imagine them to have a good footballing infrastructure and coaching given all the mess in the country.

I fail to explain why exactly they were so bad though. Both in U21 and U20 levels.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: June 30, 2013, 12:36:31 am »
I agree with those saying that England's players may not be the most technical, but they are still not as bad as the results show. That part is true. Egypt, as Y2J tells us, is essentially a bunch of amateurs. Iraq, I presume, is the same. At least, I cannot imagine them to have a good footballing infrastructure and coaching given all the mess in the country.

I fail to explain why exactly they were so bad though. Both in U21 and U20 levels.

The managers

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: June 30, 2013, 12:44:04 am »

It's the coaches man. That's the point I'm making. I don't think England have the players to win a World Cup or a European Championship (at any level). They've got the players to play better football and get better results than this though.

I honestly don't think there's an organization in the world that's more unfit for purpose than the English FA. They're the richest FA in the world and they must be getting the least value for money. The whole thing needs to be gutted.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: June 30, 2013, 12:48:10 am »
That maybe the case but that doesn't excuse losing to Egypt and drawing with Chile and Iraq. I highly doubt many of there players will make united or liverpool reserves. I am not saying that England had the strongest squad in the tournament but they should have won this group with ease. They had 4-5 players who have already made there debuts in top flight. Youth results can be erratic but its not like England performed at a good level, they were poor and deserved to go out but there loss was not due to lack of quality.

Actually Henriquez was signed by Man United and is currently on loan in Wigan. Rabello has 3 appearances on Sevilla first team and our two central defenders played Copa Libertadores.

We are being miscoached too imo but at least  our players are decent enough to beat Egypt.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: June 30, 2013, 01:42:17 am »
England be FEARful!   This is your future
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Ghostface

• Main Stander
  • Gnasher Suarez's Breakfast
« Reply #296 on: June 30, 2013, 04:21:01 am »
Respected guy on Reddit had this to say:

I have a feeling who that maybe (@englandyouth) and he thinks we can progress with the likes of Hodgson, Taylor and Noel Blake then I can't see how he's respected, he forgets a lot of in form players and players getting game time with their clubs were overlooked and ignored for no reason for these tournaments by those three, as well as the usual suspects doing a bunk.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 04:24:18 am by Ghostface »

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: June 30, 2013, 04:40:11 am »
England be FEARful!   This is your future

The u20s have never been a good indication of Englands future, very few of the best talents even play in the tournament with England, only Barkley and Dier i would say out of that group are outstanding talents. Juan Loco already touched on it, but i think were seeing a rise of technically proficient English footballers at the younger levels contrary to what many say, Patrick Roberts, Reiss Alessani, Loftus Cheek, Will Hughes, Nathan Chaloboah etc, a lot will fall down to having the right coach at senior level but I'm quietly positive about the new batch of young English players coming through.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: June 30, 2013, 05:37:05 am »
The u20s have never been a good indication of Englands future, very few of the best talents even play in the tournament with England,

Look back at the 1997 team - there will be a name that jumps out at you.

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: June 30, 2013, 06:19:01 am »
What a massive let-off from the Uzbek team against Uruguay, heavy (and well deserved) loss, didn't see it coming to be honest. Unfortunately, Egypt are out of the competition, despite their win last night - "too little, too late" as they say.

Round of 16 matches: Spain - Mexico, Greece   - Uzbekistan, Nigeria - Uruguay, France - Turkey, Portugal - Ghana, Croatia - Chile, Colombia - Korea Republic.

Portugal vs Ghana will be interesting to watch I guess, with my bet on the Portuguese. Uruguay vs Nigeria is the other one, hopefully Uruguay goes through.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: June 30, 2013, 06:32:47 am »
^ I say France-Turkey is one of the more interesting ones as well. Would've thought France all the way, but now I am unsure about this tie.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: June 30, 2013, 06:50:08 am »
France have been disappointing thus far but have arguably the best player at the tournament (at the moment) in Pogba. You'd expect him to start showing up in the the bigger games.

Look back at the 1997 team - there will be a name that jumps out at you.

Jamie Carragher?

In general England do take hideously weak squads to these things. This is the strongest one in ages and even that wasn't actually England's 'best' U20s, partly due to the U21s tournament and the whole raft of withdrawls, as well the occasional bizarre selection.

The u20s have never been a good indication of Englands future, very few of the best talents even play in the tournament with England, only Barkley and Dier i would say out of that group are outstanding talents. Juan Loco already touched on it, but i think were seeing a rise of technically proficient English footballers at the younger levels contrary to what many say, Patrick Roberts, Reiss Alessani, Loftus Cheek, Will Hughes, Nathan Chaloboah etc, a lot will fall down to having the right coach at senior level but I'm quietly positive about the new batch of young English players coming through.

They're good. I don't see it as the foundation of a team that will do any better at international tournaments, but the idea that England will be struggling to qualify or get out of their group should be a long way off. Should. If I was an England fan I wouldn't be worrying too much about having a worse team than Iraq, Chile or Norway in a few years. What I would start to worry about is that instead of closing the gap on the best international teams, they're probably in real danger of falling behind the likes of Belgium, maybe Switzerland, Colombia finally seem to be getting things right. Really wouldn't surprise me if over the next few years you start to see England drop from being a top 8 team at World Cups to a last 16 team. We'll see though. I think there's less outstanding individuals coming through than the "Golden Generation" (ha!), but if there was a structure in place there'd be the chance of a better team. That's where the FA continually falls down and where more of the middling nations are starting to catch up and are in danger of permanently overtaking.

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: June 30, 2013, 08:44:01 am »
Bet they can't wait to get home and back behind the wheel of their Jag's and Beamers...

Bentley Continental GT is the standard issue footballer chariot.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: June 30, 2013, 08:55:36 am »
The Spanish have their share of Harry Kanes. But they work in McNasty's and starbucks

We have our Iniestas and Xavis here. But they too work in McNasty's and Starbucks

Leon Britton would have been a very good player if he'd grown up in Spain. Until Martinez took over Swansea and transformed their style of play, Britton was a lower league journeyman. He had to rise the leagues with Swansea to get in the Premier League. And he still hasn't had a sniff of an England cap whilst Scott Parker started all the games at the Euros in midfield whilst England couldn't string two passes together. Even Carrick would have sat on the bench.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: June 30, 2013, 09:07:17 am »

One of the things where England really let themselves down at these youth tournaments is the terrible planning over players playing through the age groups. Spain's squad in this tournament pretty much played (and won) the under 19 Championships last year. Much of them will then play the next under 21 tournament, so there's always a natural progression. Delefou is an outstanding talent, but he played in the under 19s last year and the under 20s this year and then next year will be in the under 21s - a natural progression. Chalobah was parachuted into the under 21s rather than starring alongside Barkley in this under 20 World Cup.

It doesn't really work like that for England. If players get a bit of hype at 17-18 then they're straight in the under 21s/seniors (Chamberlain/Sterling) and will bypass the youth teams. Sterling played at the under 17 World Cup in 2011 and then in 2012 he's playing for the senior team. Will Hughes went straight from the under 17s to the under 21s once he'd played a few games for Derby and bypassed the under 19s/20s. There's no natural progression or forward planning.

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: June 30, 2013, 01:43:16 pm »
Can see an iberic final happening here. Spain is absolute favourite to win this but you never know.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: June 30, 2013, 01:54:20 pm »

Wilshere is 21 now, and the last time he played for Englands U21's was 2009, 4 years ago. He should have played for the U21s this summer, dunno whether he was fit or not or if it was down to snobbery by the player to dis the U21's. OR the England management are weak. Most of the players in the U21's were 22 or 21. Even Spains youngest player was 20.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #307 on: June 30, 2013, 05:55:42 pm »
^ I say France-Turkey is one of the more interesting ones as well. Would've thought France all the way, but now I am unsure about this tie.

I think their captain Pogba is back for that game. He missed the Spain game.
We all bleed RED!!

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: June 30, 2013, 06:01:54 pm »
I think their captain Pogba is back for that game. He missed the Spain game.
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Kondogbia been the best French player so far?
Pogba will help, no doubt. Haven't watched Turkish kids this tourney, I don't know what to expect, but they are hosts, so they will give a game with home support.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #309 on: July 2, 2013, 03:56:25 pm »
Four of the Last-16 games today:-

Spain vs Mexico - 4pm ko (Suso on the bench)
Greece vs Uzbekistan - 4pm ko

France vs Turkey - 7pm ko
Nigeria vs uruguay - 7pm ko

All on Eurosport 1 & 2 or http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/video/live/information.html and other streams
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline pokhara80

• Kemlynite
« Reply #310 on: July 2, 2013, 04:03:16 pm »
Goal by Mexico!!

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #311 on: July 2, 2013, 04:31:50 pm »
Mexico hit the bar after Spain pressing since the goal. Mexico probing down the flanks with Psain's fullbacks pushed on
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #312 on: July 2, 2013, 04:41:34 pm »
For the quality of athletes and footballers England produce they really should do a heap better than they currently do. While I know little abut England setup the choice of managers seems ridiculous, surely the best way forward would be to have a style and system at all age groups in line with what the senior squad plays, but that right now would seem to be an archaic 442. A job managing any England Intl job should be one of the more sought after jobs in football

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #313 on: July 2, 2013, 05:08:10 pm »
Suso coming on for Spain (50 mins) for a centre-back. Still 1-0 to Mexico.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: July 2, 2013, 05:11:36 pm »
Come on Spain for fuk sake
We all bleed RED!!

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: July 2, 2013, 05:12:21 pm »
Vamos Mexico!

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: July 2, 2013, 05:25:42 pm »
Lopetegui has lost the plot here

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #317 on: July 2, 2013, 05:31:15 pm »
1-1 - flicked-on header to the back post for a tap-in from a corner. Harsh on Mexico - good game so far. Interesting last 20 mins...

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: July 2, 2013, 05:34:23 pm »
Lopetegui has lost the plot here

Delofeu comes off and Spain score lol
We all bleed RED!!

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: July 2, 2013, 05:40:08 pm »
Fuk off Uzbeks
We all bleed RED!!