Author Topic: Swansea 3 vs. 1 Liverpool. 01/05/16 (Ayew, Cork, Benteke, Ayew)  (Read 33298 times)

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Re: Swansea 3 vs. 1 Liverpool. 01/05/16 (Ayew, Cork, Benteke, Ayew)
« Reply #280 on: May 1, 2016, 02:29:44 pm »
Who isn't a Klopp lover?

He's following the wrong club if he isn't
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: May 1, 2016, 02:29:53 pm »
Win on Thursday or we got this week badly wrong. Losing Sakho, Can, Origi and Henderson all at once has been a serious blow though. Just hope we have enough to do it Thursday.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: May 1, 2016, 02:30:09 pm »
Surely thats always natural. Didnt something similar happen with Rafa in 05?

My point is - it is understandable. But it should never be 'natural' for a club like Liverpool.

I have a similar disagreement with people saying it would be good for us to skip Europe and concentrate on the league next season. That is just small-time crap, not to forget the small matter of European quotient. Not playing in Europe might see us in Pot 4 when we actually end up in CL.
I might be wrong, but for me personally, Liverpool should always be competing and trying to win on all fronts. Period.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #283 on: May 1, 2016, 02:30:12 pm »
League 'momentum' never affected our European runs under Rafa.

It's all about on the day.

I miss those days. Losing on weekends to the likes of Newcastle and Sunderland, then going out mid week and beating Real and Barca
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #284 on: May 1, 2016, 02:30:37 pm »
The thing that's worrying me the most is the fact that we're on course to finish the season on another alarmingly low points tally. We finished last season on 62 points. It was widely regarded as a fuck-up of a season and rightly so, because it was. Yet here we are a year later on 55 points with only 3 games left to play. Even if we win our remaining 3 games we'll still only finish on 64.

I do hope Jurgen manages to get the players he wants this summer. Because truth be told, there are quite a number of our players who need shifting on. Some of whom came with hefty price tags. As far as clubs who squander money on transfers go, we're quite high on that list.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #285 on: May 1, 2016, 02:30:49 pm »
There is putting into perspective, and there is losing without a fight. This was embarrassing. We don't have a second string team to bail us out.

Why do people keep on saying this? Our actual second string team is being rested. We have Origi, Hendo, Can and Sakho all out, who are all starters.

Allen, Lucas, Toure and Skrtel are the sort of names that should be our second string players.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2016, 02:36:32 pm by Zoomers »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: May 1, 2016, 02:32:29 pm »
I miss those days. Losing on weekends to the likes of Newcastle and Sunderland, then going out mid week and beating Real and Barca

Is right. As pissed off as a I am with today's performance, league form has feck all to do with Europe. Losing to Soton,Palace and then going to beat the likes of Juve in midweek.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #288 on: May 1, 2016, 02:33:44 pm »
The thing that's worrying me the most is the fact that we're on course to finish the season on another alarmingly low points tally. We finished last season on 62 points. It was widely regarded as a fuck-up of a season and rightly so, because it was. Yet here we are a year later on 55 points with only 3 games left to play. Even if we win our remaining 3 games we'll still only finish on 64.

We've sacked a manager and have lost half the first team.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #289 on: May 1, 2016, 02:34:00 pm »

There were reasons to struggle of course, but that's no excuse. We were dreadful all over the pitch.

Of course it's an excuse. If that was a full strength Liverpool side out there I would completely agree with what you're saying, but it wasn't it was a patched up one. Reason being? We've got a much more important game to play on Thursday.

Today the team put out played badly, but in the grand scheme of things, it matters very little. We can't qualify for the CL through the league anyway. So lets take it on the chin and move on.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #290 on: May 1, 2016, 02:34:44 pm »
You see comments in here talking about playing the kids after the 'senior players disgraced themselves' and 'should just get ready for the cull in summer', ' not worthy of the shirt'.

Klopp granted that request and the kids were overrun.

What other knee jerk wishes do you have next, o' you entitled Football Managers who knows better than Jurgen Klopp?

Garstonite's piece was spot on about the attitude in here.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: May 1, 2016, 02:35:58 pm »
It's not because there's no such thing as momentum in sports
I know I keep posting this but I want people to feel better about their lives and our prospects on Thursday

Well, let's just agree to disagree then.  Next, you would be saying that there is no such thing as confidence is sports  ;)
But yeah, you are right about the other point - let's get rid of this shitty result pronto and plot the European conquest  ;D

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #292 on: May 1, 2016, 02:38:32 pm »
It's almost like we had our minds on an important game midweek, strange.

This over reaction is hilarious.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: May 1, 2016, 02:39:43 pm »

Eight players had their mind on a game in which they will not start and in most cases not be on the bench.  ::)
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: May 1, 2016, 02:39:59 pm »
Who isn't a Klopp lover?
Well that was that time in Berlin in 2012 but I'd rather not talk about it if you don't mind.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: May 1, 2016, 02:41:18 pm »

Very bad day at the office, let's get it out of our minds and win the tie on Thursday, if we can do that then it will be a good week for us.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #296 on: May 1, 2016, 02:41:37 pm »

Don't let silly little pointless things like that get in the way of a totally unfactual, unreasonable rant..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #297 on: May 1, 2016, 02:48:08 pm »
Of course it's an excuse. If that was a full strength Liverpool side out there I would completely agree with what you're saying, but it wasn't it was a patched up one. Reason being? We've got a much more important game to play on Thursday.

Today the team put out played badly, but in the grand scheme of things, it matters very little. We can't qualify for the CL through the league anyway. So lets take it on the chin and move on.

It does matter though, because we were half-arsed. The manager said the said thing in his post-match. People looking for excuses that 'minds were on Sunday'. I can let that excuse go for Clyne (who was excellent), Lovren (turned in to Lovren of 6 months ago) and Coutinho (bad day at the office). Most other players will be watching the game from the telly or in the stands. We were rubbish. Winning breeds confidence.

Thursday is more important I wholeheartedly agree, but this was a horror show. We gave up everywhere and lost our heads within the first 5 minutes. People just use Thursday as an excuse. Could take it if it was a one off, but we've churned over about 10 performances over the season were we just lose fight and continue to lose the ball. There's a far bigger picture here.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: May 1, 2016, 02:50:33 pm »
Couldn't give a toss about todays result.

Getting through to the final is all that matters now!

It'll be a fantastic achievement considering we've nearly got half of our starting 11 out!

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #299 on: May 1, 2016, 02:50:38 pm »
Just Believe....

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: May 1, 2016, 02:51:53 pm »

And I'd bin every fucking one of them if I thought that were the case.

The most important game is the next one.

Once Klopp instills this attitude then we'll go places. Attitudes like the one described are the reason we're playing meaningless dead rubbers in April.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 1, 2016, 02:52:53 pm »
Is right. As pissed off as a I am with today's performance, league form has feck all to do with Europe. Losing to Soton,Palace and then going to beat the likes of Juve in midweek.

I think we only rested players because he had to today, not that he thought the game wasn't important.  Having said that, of course momentum is a big factor in sport, I can't believe anyone would think otherwise.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #302 on: May 1, 2016, 02:53:38 pm »
Danny Ward was good. Couldn't have done anymore.

Feels so refreshing to see him in goal. Harsh on Migs but I like the lad.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 1, 2016, 02:54:10 pm »
Klopp's aftermatch interview:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SubGlU8Oa9M

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #304 on: May 1, 2016, 02:55:20 pm »
Danny Ward was good. Couldn't have done anymore.

I agree, though Migs would have been crucified for their first.
:D

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: May 1, 2016, 02:56:28 pm »
The game was lost in the midfield in the first half.  Plain and simple. 

I wouldn't say this was a 'dead rubber' as some have because I think it's important that we are back in Europe next year.  But, with all the injuries we currently have and looking ahead to Thursday's match, I don't think there was too many other choices that Klopp could've made. 

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: May 1, 2016, 02:56:28 pm »
Klopp said he spoke to Sturridge at half time and he wanted the full 90. I am sure he will start him Thursday.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 1, 2016, 02:58:02 pm »
I think we only rested players because he had to today, not that he thought the game wasn't important.  Having said that, of course momentum is a big factor in sport, I can't believe anyone would think otherwise.

League form or league momentum has never been a factor for us in Europe.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: May 1, 2016, 02:58:48 pm »

I do hope Jurgen manages to get the players he wants this summer. Because truth be told, there are quite a number of our players who need shifting on. Some of whom came with hefty price tags. As far as clubs who squander money on transfers go, we're quite high on that list.

Its not great but even the most negative of us have to agree we are going in the right direction overall. Its just a league campaign to get out of the way and we can build and keep going forward. With our goalscoring, home performances, big wins and cup runs its clear that we have enough to hang our hat on.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: May 1, 2016, 02:59:23 pm »
"Klopp lovers" must be one of the most pathetic posts I've read here in a long time.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #310 on: May 1, 2016, 03:02:03 pm »

Thursday is more important I wholeheartedly agree, but this was a horror show. We gave up everywhere and lost our heads within the first 5 minutes. People just use Thursday as an excuse. Could take it if it was a one off, but we've churned over about 10 performances over the season were we just lose fight and continue to lose the ball. There's a far bigger picture here.

How many of those 10 other performances had the same patch up team as today.... Arrrgghh, you know what?...Forget about it. I'm off out for a few bank holiday beers and to hopefully see Leicester win the league. You carry on getting wound up about today and over-reacting. I'll chose to forget about it and leave it there.

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #311 on: May 1, 2016, 03:02:42 pm »
As poor as it was, (and I'm not using this as the sole excuse), was anyone else concerned about an over zealous referee who could not wait to get cards out of his pocket, and two assistant who either a) blatantly couldn't keep up with play, or/and b) didn't understand the offside law? Just watching the United game on TV, and what Oliver is letting go, would have been a yellow in our game. Apparently we've had this geek East in three games this season and lost every one. West Ham in the cup replay, Southampton away in the league and today. I thought his performance at Upton Park was an absolute shocker as well, so when I say his name down for today, I didn't expect much of a level performance from him.
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #312 on: May 1, 2016, 03:02:58 pm »
Mate we're Liverpool football club playing Swansea City who have not scored more than one goal at home since January and have previously been tonked by Leicester and Newcastle. To not even put in a performance is unacceptable. We didn't adapt to the conditions and we lost the ball carelessly.

There were reasons to struggle of course, but that's no excuse. We were dreadful all over the pitch.

Agree, it was awful today, the attitude from the start of the game was terrible. We were second best throughout and the so called experienced players looked they didn't want to be out there, I don't care if we do have a big game on Thursday - lethargic doesn't even come close to summing it up.

Feel sorry the for the fans who went to watch.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #313 on: May 1, 2016, 03:03:57 pm »
I'm a Klopp lover and proud.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #314 on: May 1, 2016, 03:04:55 pm »
Klopp said he spoke to Sturridge at half time and he wanted the full 90. I am sure he will start him Thursday.

It will be Firmino...  Sturridge will come off the bench.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 1, 2016, 03:05:39 pm »
Disappointing result but it feels like with the losses of Can, Henderson, Sakho and Origi, combined with our total inconsistency in the league stopping us from catching West Ham and the mancs, Klopp has put the entire focus of the squad on winning the Europa and upped the stakes for that game on Thursday. Hopefully we find a way past Villareal else our season will be by the next league game as we're not climbing the table now.

Offline EdEdP

• Anny Roader
« Reply #316 on: May 1, 2016, 03:07:57 pm »
Its not great but even the most negative of us have to agree we are going in the right direction overall. Its just a league campaign to get out of the way and we can build and keep going forward. With our goalscoring, home performances, big wins and cup runs its clear that we have enough to hang our hat on.

We might disagree here, but it's uncomfortable having to repeatedly have league campaigns to 'get out of the way'.

We make life very hard for ourselves sometimes. With a team out there like today, yes we were probably always likely to struggle and 3 points were never guaranteed, but as some have mentioned, the reason we are playing out a match like we did with the team selected is what needs addressing.

Regardless, we are once again going into Thursday 'doing it the hard way' off the back of these results.
Store in a cool, dry place.

Offline Bonaqua

• Kopite
« Reply #317 on: May 1, 2016, 03:08:24 pm »

This post should be tattooed on the forehead of some people in here

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #318 on: May 1, 2016, 03:11:22 pm »
Klopp

"You can see there was not the body language you need for a comeback, though.

"We deserved to lose, they deserved to win, that's how football is on a bad day.

"I thought we lost a lot of easy balls, we weren't compact, there were a lot of things we could've done better. If we'd played a normal game, we could have won."

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: May 1, 2016, 03:11:37 pm »
League form or league momentum has never been a factor for us in Europe.

I can guarantee it has in the past!  Not saying it's the only factor, and i'm quite aware we've lost league games and gone on to win in europe, but being on a winning run and building confidence obviously helps.