Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sakho
« Reply #400 on: May 1, 2016, 09:53:58 am »
Any papers not on it?

Fuck me, the overreaction over this is ridiculous.

And for people who hasn't read it, don't do it. Just a load of nonsense, with a bunch of angry 12-year old opposite fans commenting.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #401 on: May 1, 2016, 10:09:56 am »
Added the Guardian to my list of papers to ignore, appallingly bad article from a journalist I have absolutely no time for. Once had a twitter argument with the twat because I said that Raheem Sterling was overrated, called me just another pissed up angry Scouser if I remember correctly. That's when I had enough of Twitter and sacked it off, done the same with his shitty middle class rag today.

Well t hat would be a great shame - cos then you will miss all the fabulous work David Conn has been doing over Hillsborough.  Also you will miss the fabulous haunting piece written by RAWK's own "That Kennedy Moment" in today's Observer.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: May 1, 2016, 11:26:28 pm »
Anyone more versed in these matters know when we may expect to hear more on Sakho's fate?  Such a shame for a talented player just approaching his prime if he were to lose his career over a fat burner.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: May 1, 2016, 11:28:17 pm »
Anyone more versed in these matters know when we may expect to hear more on Sakho's fate?  Such a shame for a talented player just approaching his prime if he were to lose his career over a fat burner.

Well, he should have known better...
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: May 2, 2016, 12:16:26 am »
How come the Club doctors, dietitions and the like not see this in advance and stop it?

Players are continually monitored, strict diets given and I would guess taught about what they can and cannot do these days.
I'll never understand it. Maybe it's too simplistic, but given what's on the line surely a quick call to the club doctor before you take any sort of tablet is standard procedure?

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #405 on: May 2, 2016, 12:27:40 am »
I hope from now on the club will check the players blood regularly to ensure that no such stupid event will happen again in the future.

Offline Cid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: May 2, 2016, 12:32:37 am »
I'll never understand it. Maybe it's too simplistic, but given what's on the line surely a quick call to the club doctor before you take any sort of tablet is standard procedure?

Do we even have a club doctor?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: May 2, 2016, 01:01:20 am »

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: May 2, 2016, 01:51:26 am »
Don't know if it's been said from my scan of the thread but one of the problems for the authorities with fat burners is that they can mask use of other "supplements" - not that I'm saying that's what sakho has done.

I was thinking why is it bad to use performance enhancing drugs for cardio performance/ muscle building/ concentration but OK to use drugs to rush a player back from injury? "We'll just give you a little injection at half time to keep you on the pitch" a drug is a drug, no?
Main concern for a fat burner would probably be increasing your aerobic capacity. Depending on what sort of affirmative defense he uses, if any, it may include contamination of food or a supplement as long as it is classified as a specified substance.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: May 2, 2016, 02:09:30 am »

am pretty certain there would be a certain amount of education around the whole thing anyway.......ensuring players were not careless as there are a number of supplements and over the counter medicines that would contain banned substances.....so sakho, if lfc are providing a sound base for player information, would be well aware that anything he took would need to be checked (even if it came from someone who used them and sad they were ok).
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: May 2, 2016, 02:51:09 am »
How come the Club doctors, dietitions and the like not see this in advance and stop it?

Players are continually monitored, strict diets given and I would guess taught about what they can and cannot do these days.
The club doctors etc. are not living with Sakho 24/7. They're powerless to prevent him from buying a fat burner at the local store and taking it at bedtime. It was up to him to have the sense to not do such an idiotic and selfish thing. (and I say that with Sakho having been one of my favorites) He not only hurt his career, he weakened the club.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: May 2, 2016, 03:07:18 am »
I hope from now on the club will check the players blood regularly to ensure that no such stupid event will happen again in the future.

Not sure that would help as if its in their blood its too late... A club covering it up could face huge sanctions if found out. Players need to be responsible & follow the simple guidelines UEFA, domestic leagues & the clubs put out.

The UEFA player leaflets posted last week was school poster stuff players have no excuse really.

Offline Cid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: May 2, 2016, 08:59:13 am »
We do - http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/first-team/staff/andrew-massey.

Hmm. His bio paints the picture of an experienced physio with some recent medical training to gp level. Not ideal.  Handing out vital roles to vastly inexperienced candidates seems to have been a habit since Brendan arrived..

In digress,  the lack of a decent team doctor is no excuse for Sakho.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #413 on: May 2, 2016, 09:13:59 am »
Hmm. His bio paints the picture of an experienced physio with some recent medical training to gp level. Not ideal.  Handing out vital roles to vastly inexperienced candidates seems to have been a habit since Brendan arrived..

He's a fully qualified doctor and done additional education in Sports Medicine to degree level. What more would you want from a club doc?

I mean that's simply going by a short bio too, unless you've seen his CV it seems pointless even commenting.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #414 on: May 2, 2016, 09:22:15 am »
The need to find a scapegoat for everything bad that happens is starting to become a culture in here and needs to be nipped in the bud.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #415 on: May 2, 2016, 09:25:52 am »
The need to find a scapegoat for everything bad that happens is starting to become a culture in here and needs to be nipped in the bud.

Yup. It's ridiculous now, every single thing and you get some on here who are insistent on trying to pin the blame on one single person because they look to seek out a way they aren't good enough to be here.

The only person to blame in this situation is the player. He bought the tablets and he took the tablets. The club would have protocols in place before buying/taking new drugs/medicine and he clearly didn't follow them.

Blood testing our own players would do nothing as the banned substance would now be in his body and we'd be required to report the issue or attempt to cover it up (no, no, no!).

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #416 on: May 2, 2016, 10:52:09 am »
Is there a date as to when the official decision will be made?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: May 2, 2016, 11:05:16 am »
Not sure what his mitigating circumstances are going to be. I have a chocolate addiction and it was depressing me to be putting weight on which made me crave chocolate...

The bloke is an idiot, simple as that. It's a shame as I like him as a player and a person but it's really indefensible. I'm not sure how he can get more than Kolo Toure (6 months) unless there is a more sinister aspect to this but from what I have heard it was slimming pills given to him by someone from France with medical background.

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: May 2, 2016, 11:41:36 am »
No doubt some players struggle to keep to their diets. Probably suffer a fair bit to. Big lad like Sakho would normally, I suspect have a voracious appetite. Must be murder having to keep his weight in check. No excuse I know, just pointing out the struggle many would have.

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: May 2, 2016, 11:43:48 am »
No doubt some players struggle to keep to their diets. Probably suffer a fair bit to. Big lad like Sakho would normally, I suspect have a voracious appetite. Must be murder having to keep his weight in check. No excuse I know, just pointing out the struggle many would have.

So therefor his mitigating circumstances are..." I'm always starving..."....well that's ok...off you go my lad and less of the jaffer cakes in future.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2016, 11:48:17 am by freddwarf »

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: May 2, 2016, 11:57:20 am »
But equally a big lad like Sakho with his muscle mass would probably be burning 3000 calories a day or more doing nothing. The fact that he is training most days makes it even more surprising albeit I accept they are talking about putting 3 or 4 pounds on as being a problem as they are athletes and it may get inside their heads like that.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #421 on: May 2, 2016, 12:01:46 pm »
The only mitigating circumstances I can imagine are that the banned substance was not mentioned in the list of ingredients. However he'd still receive a ban.

Now there could be something if they were given to him under the instruction of a French doc, but guess it depends what the real story is there.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #422 on: May 2, 2016, 12:19:37 pm »
Any papers not on it?

Fuck me, the overreaction over this is ridiculous.

It was because of an insult directed at me by that particular journalist. Quite how they can employ a person like Barney Ronay in the same place as the excellent David Conn is beyond my comprehension. I appreciate good journalism, especially when it is of real significance as Conn has shown quite admirably. I just thought the Guardian was better than to employ people who just go for the clickbait headline. I'm not going to tell people what papers they can and can't read, I'm just swerving it personally for the sake of my blood pressure.

Anyway, far more important things to be considering these days than lazy clickbait journos. Such as this.

Well t hat would be a great shame - cos then you will miss all the fabulous work David Conn has been doing over Hillsborough.  Also you will miss the fabulous haunting piece written by RAWK's own "That Kennedy Moment" in today's Observer.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2016, 12:22:32 pm by zen »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #423 on: May 2, 2016, 12:25:31 pm »

Hahahahahaha. His bio tells me he's a highly experienced physiotherapist and Dr with two masters to his name. Inexperienced? The guys been working in sports for near enough 20 years. What the fuck else do you want?!

Yeh, great idea, leaves the club open to potential liability and legal action if they know a player is doping but don't make it open to the authorities...which they might have done if they tried to manage it in house. Lets leave it to professional doping testers shall we, that way the club doesn't open itself up to ay criticism whatsoever.

am pretty certain there would be a certain amount of education around the whole thing anyway.......ensuring players were not careless as there are a number of supplements and over the counter medicines that would contain banned substances.....so sakho, if lfc are providing a sound base for player information, would be well aware that anything he took would need to be checked (even if it came from someone who used them and sad they were ok).

The players will 100% have been sent the list of banned substances, a list that was recently reissued after the Meldonium stuff that has recently been happened in Tennis. The players will also have been told that if they want to take any medication whatsoever they have to clear it with the clubs medical staff first before doing so, after checking the banned list themselves.

Exactly. This is 100% on Sakho and no one else. Anyone else trying to claim otherwise or trying to deflect blame elsewhere has absolutely no idea how the world of elite sport works.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: May 2, 2016, 01:24:35 pm »
Perhaps now that he has to stop taking the drugs he might be able to control the way his legs work a little bit better?
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #425 on: May 2, 2016, 01:29:10 pm »
Perhaps now that he has to stop taking the drugs he might be able to control the way his legs work a little bit better?

Yes, because diet pills have a dramatic effect on how you control your legs  ???

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #426 on: May 2, 2016, 01:31:39 pm »

That's if you go along with the narrative that Sakho thought he was innocently taking a legal substance. There's very rarely been an athlete that held their hand up when they thought they could get away with it.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: May 2, 2016, 01:31:50 pm »
Clearly, otherwise how do you explain the manner in which his legs work?
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #428 on: May 2, 2016, 01:33:19 pm »
Clearly, otherwise how do you explain the manner in which his legs work?

Thermal dynamics.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #429 on: May 2, 2016, 02:22:49 pm »

He has a Fellowship of the Faculty of Exercise and Sports Medicine. This is awarded after successful completion of a six year post graduate and post foundation training programme. The training can be either GP or hospital based. There are exams to pass and competencies to demonstrate. Pretty much like any career grade specialist doctor.

As others have said he also has masters degrees and is a qualified physiotherapist. I suggest that is as highly qualified as it gets.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #430 on: May 2, 2016, 04:21:08 pm »
Ouch.

That's the end of his career here then.

I removed it, its a fake account.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #431 on: May 2, 2016, 04:23:27 pm »
Aye clocked the twitter username after I posted and deleted my post too for you  :D

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: May 2, 2016, 05:15:32 pm »
All footballing activity for 18 months

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: May 2, 2016, 05:21:38 pm »
All footballing activity for 18 months

Where's this from
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 2, 2016, 05:23:18 pm »
Echo

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: May 2, 2016, 05:26:12 pm »
Echo
Not seen it on there, link it please.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #436 on: May 2, 2016, 05:26:50 pm »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #437 on: May 2, 2016, 05:29:14 pm »
It's coming from a fake Pearce twitter account isn't it?

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #438 on: May 2, 2016, 05:29:55 pm »
It's coming from a fake Pearce twitter account isn't it?

Yep.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: May 2, 2016, 05:30:58 pm »
People need to pay more attention to their sources before sharing them...
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012