Author Topic: Sakho  (Read 51042 times)

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Sakho
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2016, 04:28:39 pm »
Does he get paid while banned ? I would imagine not.
hope not

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2016, 04:29:21 pm »
I love Sakho, how he plays and leads on the pitch, and his charity work off the pitch is something to be lauded.

But it's hard to comprehend how badly he has let down LFC, the fans, his teammates, the coaches and his country.

This I'm afraid.

We come into our first European semi-final for years and our best defender is not available to help.

With the best feelings towards Sakho in the world, I think he's torpedoed his LFC career with this mistake.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2016, 04:30:42 pm »
Yes it does, even if back in 6 months, Klopp (and the club) will have to plan without him and replace. Sakho will have to come back as a squad player at best.

He'll just start the season with Lovren/Matip (Which I think he would have done anyway), if it goes well then sorted, if not then Sakho is ready to come in and replace the weak link by ~October time. Seems easy enough
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2016, 04:31:57 pm »
Yes it does, even if back in 6 months, Klopp (and the club) will have to plan without him and replace. Sakho will have to come back as a squad player at best.

In what way has what you just said got to do with what I replied to....

Seems likely that he won't play for Liverpool next season.

If he's banned for 6 months then he's back at the end of October, i.e. NOT all of next season.

Now he may not get back into the team, but that's not what he said or what I replied to.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2016, 04:33:12 pm »
Top guy with character but he's fucked up.

Will stand by him though and hope ban is just six months.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2016, 04:33:26 pm »
He'll just start the season with Lovren/Matip (Which I think he would have done anyway), if it goes well then sorted, if not then Sakho is ready to come in and replace the weak link by ~October time. Seems easy enough

Maybe but I think we'll also sign another centre half in the summer, possibly from Germany, possibly younger, possibly called Jonathan Tah.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2016, 04:33:55 pm »
Maybe but I think we'll also sign another centre half in the summer, possibly from Germany, possibly younger, possibly called Jonathan Tah.

We do have Gomez coming back as well.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2016, 04:37:13 pm »
Do we know when he will find out?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2016, 04:38:47 pm »
We do have Gomez coming back as well.

Yep.

Lovren, Matip, Sakho, Toure, Gomez and Lucas can still fill in. I think he'll be happy with that. Then he can fix the more pressing issues of GK, LB, CM or wherever
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2016, 04:41:20 pm »
Did he take a banned substance? Yes
Did he get caught? Yes
Will he now face a ban? Yes Maybe
If he makes a good case that he was assured whatever he took contained no illegal substances and had no reason to believe they did and the ruling body believes him, then his punishment can be as little as a warning.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2016, 04:41:58 pm »
This is where we are at with Uefa...I hope:

i) Specified substances
Where the anti-doping rule violation involves a specified substance,
and the player or other person can establish no significant fault or
negligence, then the minimum sanction is a reprimand and no period
of suspension and the maximum sanction two years of suspension,
depending on the player or other person’s degree of fault.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2016, 04:57:13 pm »
This is where we are at with Uefa...I hope:

i) Specified substances
Where the anti-doping rule violation involves a specified substance,
and the player or other person can establish no significant fault or
negligence, then the minimum sanction is a reprimand and no period
of suspension and the maximum sanction two years of suspension,
depending on the player or other person’s degree of fault.

2 year ban.

That is the Uefa minimum for a first time drug offence.

The club will appeal and try to get it reduced. Your guess as good as mine as to what, if any, it might be reduced to.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2016, 05:01:28 pm »
How a professional athlete feels the need to use dieting pills is beyond me. Sakho comes across really well and I'm sure he's a great guy but he should've known better. The club will rightly be furious about this given he's supposed to run this stuff by the club doctors plus a lengthy ban will cost Liverpool millions.

I understand exactly why professional athletes take them more than regular people. Some people naturally put on more weight than others and it's harder for them to maintain. I think it was Kolo that said after he was found guilty that he always struggled to manage his weight. These guys are playing at the top level of a professional sport and will feel pressure to make sure they can stay there.

So I can understand why a professional athlete might do something like in this case, but I can't support it because the substance is banned. We'll wait and see what UEFA decide is a suitable punishment.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2016, 05:03:13 pm »
Everyone slating the fan base for not backing Mamadou 100%, and I agree. We should be backing him till the grave, his passion for LFC is second to none. His charity work is also something to be admired. He's going to go through a rough patch but will be back better than ever.
Seen us win everything

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2016, 05:05:13 pm »
Everyone slating the fan base for not backing Mamadou 100%, and I agree. We should be backing him till the grave, his passion for LFC is second to none. His charity work is also something to be admired. He's going to go through a rough patch but will be back better than ever.

Who isn't backing him? No one is saying we should sack him and to get him out of the club.

However identifying he has done something wrong and deserves a ban, as I imagine he now realises himself, if not 'not backing' him.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2016, 05:09:51 pm »
I'm quite angry with him, to be honest.

Last thing we needed right now. Things have been looking good under Klopp ahead of going into next season and we're in with a chance of winning the Europa.

This is something we really didn't want to have to be dealing with right now.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2016, 05:33:25 pm »

Jesus Christ he has basically admittied it himself. He's made a mistake, acknoledge that and move on. He should not be sacked/sold. He should have known what he can and can't have players are informed about changes to the rules regarding substances so checks should be made if your thinking of taking something.

Gutted he can't play but don't feel pissed off or let down either.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2016, 05:43:47 pm »
At the end of the day he is paid more money than any of us can ever imagine to keep his body in athlete condition and to ensure that he doesn't take anything he isn't supposed to. If he did it knowing it was a banned substance then I for one won't be sad to see the back of him.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2016, 05:45:53 pm »
I haven't been scouring the articles but they haven't released exactly what he has been taking yet? Just vaguely using "fat burner". I see a lot of people assuming it could be run of the mill diet pills. It's certainly possible.

If it was something like AICAR, Cardarine, or some other SARM, he would be fucked for sure. Clear intention of doping if so.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2MRvw1vSivM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2MRvw1vSivM</a>

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2016, 06:28:00 pm »
One thing we do have in our favour is that he's French . And France hold the Euros this summer. They will be wanting to win it and he is a lynchpin of their defence along with Varane.

I know Platini is no longer officially head of UEFA but his stooge is and hopefully they might be a little lenient shall we say . ;)

Here's hoping anyway.  :-\
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2016, 06:36:50 pm »
Who isn't backing him? No one is saying we should sack him and to get him out of the club.

However identifying he has done something wrong and deserves a ban, as I imagine he now realises himself, if not 'not backing' him.
Go to twitter, and see what I'm talking about.
Seen us win everything

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2016, 06:49:10 pm »
Not specifically in regards to just Sakho, but it makes you wonder why these professional footballers would risk so much for the slightest advantage.  Toure, I can kinda understand as he was coming to the tail end of his career.  But the likes of Sakho and Rio, are/were both relatively young and naturally built like brick shithouses.  Makes little sense.
Think its they just want that extra 1% makes all the difference to a professional athlete

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #182 on: April 27, 2016, 07:19:47 pm »
Go to twitter, and see what I'm talking about.

Why would I go and dirty myself reading what the dregs of society have to say on that shitty platform?

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2016, 07:26:52 pm »
If it's ephedrine, which the rumours suggest, it's quite a bit more than a weight loss pill. It's a general performance enhancer. An egyptian swimmer got two years ban for it. The comparison with Kolo might be optimistic, also because this is UEFA rather than FA.

The rumours have no idea if it's ephedrine. I can assure you the lab and UEFA haven't released that info so any "rumours" are in fact unsubstantiated nonsense.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2016, 07:28:00 pm »
I could do with some fat burning pills myself..........

Or I could stop posting crap on Internet forums and go for a run instead.
Justice for the 96!

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2016, 07:31:08 pm »
2 year ban.

That is the Uefa minimum for a first time drug offence.

The club will appeal and try to get it reduced. Your guess as good as mine as to what, if any, it might be reduced to.

That's the guideline for intentional use of PEDs. They can give any ban they wish for any violations including much lighter bans for "recreational drugs" and for contamination and mitigating circumstances-for instance taking a "fat-burner" with a banned substance that isn't listed on the label.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2016, 07:32:13 pm »
That's the guideline for intentional use of PEDs. They can give any ban they wish for any violations including much lighter bans for "recreational drugs" and for contamination and mitigating circumstances-for instance taking a "fat-burner" with a banned substance that isn't listed on the label.

Where's that old bottle of tippex?

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2016, 07:33:45 pm »
He should be backed 100% in terms of him remaining a Liverpool player. But that doesn't mean he deserves to come straight back as a starter when he comes back. He made a massive error and has to earn his chance to become a first choice starter again.We'll have Matip & Lovren for pre-season so setting a solid CB partnership shouldn't be a problem. But if this means we want to bring in another centreback, then so be it. It's probably something that might well have happened regardless of this incident.

I'm glad he is owning up to it. Think the club did the right thing in not picking him from the get go and releasing a statement early on. We've handled situations like this poorly but it does show we won't stand for situations like this. I know Mamadou will want to do everything he can to make it up to fans as he'll know full well that he's let everyone involved with the club down. So I'm glad that for the vast majority he's not being villianised by the level-headed majority of the fan base.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2016, 07:45:48 pm »
The rumours have no idea if it's ephedrine. I can assure you the lab and UEFA haven't released that info so any "rumours" are in fact unsubstantiated nonsense.

I doubt they are nonsense. They've obviously come from somewhere given reputable sources are reporting it.

It doesn't mean they're correct but would be pretty confident the speculation isn't a media creation.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:49:21 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2016, 07:49:10 pm »
Where's that old bottle of tippex?

Right? But actually-a lot of these so called fat burners have been known to contain banned substances and not have them on the label. It's a way for the seller to have a product that seems to work better than the other products on the market.

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2016, 07:49:46 pm »
I doubt they are nonsense. They've obviously come from somewhere given reputable sources are reporting it.

It doesn't mean they're correct but would be pretty confident the speculation isn't a media creation.

Haha reputable sources. That's a laugh!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2016, 07:51:42 pm »

What reputable sources are reporting the use of ephedrine?

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2016, 07:55:17 pm »
My opinion is with Sakho not contesting the findings..

He knows what he has stupidly taken,i cant see anything other than a 6 month ban.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2016, 08:08:22 pm »
People venting off on the individual should wait for more details to emerge - you never know, there may be mitigating circumstances.

He may have just been in a deep, deep, dark place when he was third (or fourth sometimes) in-choice - who the fuck knows?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2016, 08:09:09 pm »
If its ephedrine then it should be two years
It's a performance enhancing drug.
Until decision made he has my backing
If the rumours are true  re an enhancer then sorry he loses it

I just hope the rumours are just speculation

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2016, 08:16:50 pm »

Indeed. Needs our support right now.

I dont know the ins and outs but one of my mates is a semi- professional goalkeeper. It is quite extreme what they are not allowed. For example, he can't have a Lemsip.

A FUCKING LEMSIP.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2016, 08:21:52 pm »
Yep.

Lovren, Matip, Sakho, Toure, Gomez and Lucas can still fill in. I think he'll be happy with that. Then he can fix the more pressing issues of GK, LB, CM or wherever

Assuming Sakho is banned for part of next season, I doubt Klopp is happy with that.

Toure is out of contract this summer, no guarantee he's here next year. Plus, he's 35.
Gomez is 18 and has played a whopping 7 competitive matches for LFC and is coming off ACL surgery.

That leaves Lovren and Matip (who will be adjusting to the PL), with a midfielder who can fill in at CB as our only options.

I'm not going to turn this into a transfer discussion, but again, this emphasizes the point that a lengthy Sakho ban makes an already dumb decision look that much worse and potentially makes it that much more difficult for Klopp.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:46:36 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2016, 08:22:53 pm »
People venting off on the individual should wait for more details to emerge - you never know, there may be mitigating circumstances.

He may have just been in a deep, deep, dark place when he was third (or fourth sometimes) in-choice - who the fuck knows?

I dont think Uefa will take anything other than their findings & what Sakho & the club will state.

Until Uefa make their decision on their findings,everything else is almost certainly bullshit.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2016, 08:30:58 pm »
At the moment we have very few facts about the situation. We know that Sakho has tested positive for a banned substance and that the club are declining to select him until there is some resolution in his case. Not many further details beyond that have been released

Until we have further details everything is conjecture and speculation. He probably deserves some criticism on the basis that he has tested positive for a banned substance. However, until we know the What? Why? How? of the case then we don't know if it's a case of gross negligence/incompetence on Sakho's behalf or whether he's willingly cheated. Only then can people really have a valid and informed decision on how Sakho has behaved and whether his potential punishment is fitting.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2016, 08:33:19 pm »
Surely it's a positive that he hasn't already been suspended by UEFA?

He may get off with a warning, he may get a two year ban but until the decision is made nobody knows so it's pointless speculating or condemning the lad when we know nothing whatsoever  about it
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.