Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 336694 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #840 on: April 28, 2016, 06:49:04 pm »
Glad it's finally been agreed.

Disgraceful that it took this length of time to get sorted but not surprising either.

The hearings are always at least the following January after the player moves, presumably to give the clubs a chance to build a case. As Chopper said, Burnley had something like a 500 page case they presented.

Why it was delayed until April I don't know.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #841 on: April 28, 2016, 06:50:37 pm »
How much were we offering last January and in the summer, around £6m wasn't it?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #842 on: April 28, 2016, 06:50:50 pm »
Think the Spurs bid pushed the price higher than it was supposed to be. 8m for Ings at the time is probably considered expensive. 8m now and the form he showed before his injury I think will be a good deal.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #843 on: April 28, 2016, 06:54:06 pm »
How much were we offering last January and in the summer, around £6m wasn't it?

£6m plus add ons I think was reported yeah.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: April 28, 2016, 06:55:07 pm »
Think the Spurs bid pushed the price higher than it was supposed to be. 8m for Ings at the time is probably considered expensive. 8m now and the form he showed before his injury I think will be a good deal.

Well if we have to pay 8 mil for him, I think it will be considered a brilliant deal by that time.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #845 on: April 28, 2016, 06:55:18 pm »
We've paid nearly 3 times as much for garbage. So a fair punt in my eyes. Even if he is ace and an ideal fit for Klopperpool. Amongst other things......
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #846 on: April 28, 2016, 06:57:49 pm »
We've paid nearly 3 times as much for garbage. So a fair punt in my eyes. Even if he is ace and an ideal fit for Klopperpool. Amongst other things......

Oh we've overpaid massively for garbage. Think it will be a good deal all said and done, specially if he continues with the form he was in before his injury.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #847 on: April 28, 2016, 07:02:15 pm »
Well if we have to pay 8 mil for him, I think it will be considered a brilliant deal by that time.

Yes, people love to lump in these top ups but they usually mean a serious return of appearances, goals and trophies. I hope we pay the full bundle.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: April 28, 2016, 07:09:50 pm »
Oh we've overpaid massively for garbage. Think it will be a good deal all said and done, specially if he continues with the form he was in before his injury.

I think we hold the European record for signing offensive garbage.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: April 28, 2016, 07:11:03 pm »
£6m plus add ons I think was reported yeah.
Imagine they aren't too happy with this then.  Dyche was going on about how they couldn't move ahead with some January business until this was settled as well.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: April 29, 2016, 01:01:24 am »
Half the price of Balotelli..............bargain.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: April 29, 2016, 05:15:22 am »
All in all, a fair price for the player I think. As long as he gets fit and back to his pre-injury best. He was a shrewd signing IMO and has already shown flashes of quality.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #852 on: April 29, 2016, 05:35:01 am »
So we got two Dirkys in the team now. The cost for the maintenance of the grass must be getting expensive :P
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #853 on: April 29, 2016, 07:36:46 am »
Free or £6.5million, in two or three years time I think that's going to look an absolute steal either way.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: April 29, 2016, 08:39:31 am »
I think he is going to have to reinvent himself as a winger or something because with 3 options in front of him he will struggle to get many games up front.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: April 29, 2016, 09:24:02 am »
I think he is going to have to reinvent himself as a winger or something because with 3 options in front of him he will struggle to get many games up front.

No chance.

He's got great movement, workrate, a striker's instinct and can finish.

He won the player of the month award before he got injured.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: April 29, 2016, 09:37:34 am »
We'll have a lot of games next season if we get CL or EL again. He'll have plenty of games and it'll be great to have that extra option.
He's never worked under a really top coach, so I'm quite excited about his potential. Klopp could well get an extra level or two out of him, that we haven't seen yet.

Offline Gene

• Severe Tropical Cyclone (RSMC Nadi designation:12F JTWC designation:15P)
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #857 on: April 29, 2016, 09:42:20 am »
Before his injury he was one of the few players we had who was actually performing. I think his style of play suits Klopp, full of energy and a high work rate. I think he is a good bit of business for once - given our past track record with free transfers. I expect he will do well next season, and look forward to seeing him on the pitch again soon.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: April 29, 2016, 09:52:24 am »

I tend to agree with this. Ideally you would love to be able to fit Sturridge, Origi, and Ings on the same pitch.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: April 29, 2016, 10:02:15 am »
Before his injury he was one of the few players we had who was actually performing. I think his style of play suits Klopp, full of energy and a high work rate. I think he is a good bit of business for once - given our past track record with free transfers. I expect he will do well next season, and look forward to seeing him on the pitch again soon.

Indeed.  He showed pace, had a good powerful shot and was happy to run the lines and try beating the offside trap.   He worked hard too, even when things werent coming off.  Klopp should give him a chance.

Before his injury, looked a better player than Origi.  It's a shame he hasn't been able to develop over the season like divock.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: April 29, 2016, 10:20:58 am »
Which reminds me of a quote from Klopp when Hummels was injured at Dortmund:

"We will wait for him like a good wife waiting for her husband who is in jail."

:D

:lmao I remember that one
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #861 on: April 29, 2016, 11:24:25 am »
Dings going very well at the crucible

he might win it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #862 on: April 29, 2016, 03:06:01 pm »
Back in training yesterday. I reckon he will feature before long.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: April 29, 2016, 04:25:56 pm »
"If he is as good a player as he is a person then we'll really look forward to seeing him on the pitch."

Ringing endorsement from Klopp.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #864 on: April 29, 2016, 07:56:55 pm »
We should be more cautious with getting our hopes too high. Ings has had a serious injury. We don't know what player will come back from that. Some get affected more psychologically than physically, some struggle with physical limitations, some are unaffected and get even hungrier for success. I feel that Sturridge, for all his quality, will never be the player he could have been before the long injury. I hope it's not the same with Ings,nuisance ceiling is high.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #865 on: April 29, 2016, 08:05:42 pm »
We should be more cautious with getting our hopes too high.

No, we should be heroic and courageous believers to the end. Enough of this keck shitting, what good does it do to have a smelly arse and wet legs?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #866 on: April 29, 2016, 08:35:54 pm »
Back in training yesterday. I reckon he will feature before long.

Last 10 mins sub v Shitcoat's old club?

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #867 on: May 4, 2016, 07:07:30 pm »
Glad he's back in full training :D

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #868 on: May 4, 2016, 07:19:52 pm »
Just saw a picture of him in training standing next to Klopp. He is actually not as short as I thought he is. Just checked wiki and his height is listed as 5' 10.  :o

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: May 4, 2016, 07:25:13 pm »
My belief is - is that he'l' be on the bench at WBA and he'll get a 15 minute run out and we shall sing his name out, loud and proud.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: May 4, 2016, 08:40:19 pm »
My belief is - is that he'l' be on the bench at WBA and he'll get a 15 minute run out and we shall sing his name out, loud and proud.
Deffo minutes against them or Chelsea and back-up if needed for the final mate :)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: May 4, 2016, 08:43:17 pm »
Good to see him back.

Joe Gomez also posted an Instagram pic of his boots. So he's back in light training as well.  I'd keep both of them for pre season training though, there's no need to rush them back for what 4 games max?

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: May 4, 2016, 08:49:27 pm »
Good to see him back.

Joe Gomez also posted an Instagram pic of his boots. So he's back in light training as well.  I'd keep both of them for pre season training though, there's no need to rush them back for what 4 games max?

I'd say it would be more of a congratulations to give them some minutes(if they can) before the seasons out. Shows good man-management letting them know they're not forgotten and their efforts to get fit have had some reward.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #873 on: May 4, 2016, 09:01:23 pm »
He'll be like a new signing next season as will Gomez.

Love to see both getting some game time before the end of the season.
#JFT97

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #874 on: May 4, 2016, 09:03:10 pm »
I'd say it would be more of a congratulations to give them some minutes(if they can) before the seasons out. Shows good man-management letting them know they're not forgotten and their efforts to get fit have had some reward.

Was thinking this earlier. Even if it's just a few minutes in the last home game (or game even) it could be good to give them a few mins.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #875 on: May 4, 2016, 09:32:36 pm »

Absolutely. Getting a few minutes at the end of a game it will whet the appetite for them for next season. Plus they'll be under instruction not to do anything stupid and risk getting injured (although Ings especially is a battler and it wouldn't surprise me to see him go full blooded straight away).

Online Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: May 4, 2016, 10:00:39 pm »
Deffo minutes against them or Chelsea and back-up if needed for the final mate :)
Not in the Europa squad. Gets updated at the last 32 or 16 stage and as he had a serious injury he wasn't selected.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: May 4, 2016, 10:14:36 pm »
Yes, people love to lump in these top ups but they usually mean a serious return of appearances, goals and trophies. I hope we pay the full bundle.
Indeed. Which is why I laugh at Firmino's reported £29 million price tag.

As has already been said, £6.5 million is a decent fee for what looked (before injury) a more than competent striker.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: May 6, 2016, 07:17:07 pm »
In training today.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #879 on: May 6, 2016, 07:22:53 pm »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."