Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 543274 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Suarez
« Reply #3640 on: April 24, 2016, 07:38:40 pm »
Bored of what shit, missing the point? Can't help you there.

I never said it wasn't inevitable that Luis would leave us for Spain, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have extracted every last drop and covered all bases when negotiating with our Catalan overlords.

(in response to Hij's post) my understanding was that Barcelona ended up paying less than the mooted 75 million pound release clause - possibly as much as 10 million less - but not being privy to the exact figures I'm not going to argue the point.

Some website leaked the details of the deal. It looked to me, although I'm no expert in the wording of £70m deals, like Barca were responsible for paying the taxes involved, which would have took it up to the £75m. So we received around £64m, but we'd have got that anyway if we had received £75m, and it had been up to us to pay the taxes. Or some shit like that.

Here we go. £64.98m PLUS any applicable VAT

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:42:04 pm by Dear Henry »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3641 on: April 25, 2016, 12:54:23 pm »
Why would there be add ons when they activated a clause

Correct. Except they didn't and were quite clear they didn't activate the clause

People still banging this drum. They didn't activate any clause. We sold for £65m
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3642 on: April 25, 2016, 06:23:15 pm »
He's had a good 2 games after a dismal few weeks. Talk of 'best player in the world' is premature, once again.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3643 on: April 25, 2016, 06:26:33 pm »
He's had a good 2 games after a dismal few weeks. Talk of 'best player in the world' is premature, once again.

Best player this year without a doubt though.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3644 on: April 25, 2016, 06:54:47 pm »

A dismal few weeks? He went 2 games without scoring.

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3645 on: April 25, 2016, 07:01:04 pm »

In his 92 games for Barcelona, Suarez has been involved in 120 goals (78 goals, 42 assists)

Just let that sink in.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #3646 on: April 25, 2016, 07:19:27 pm »
And to think he even missed a number of games at the start of the season. Would love to see him here again one day but can see him seeing out his days there. Maybe if he split with his Mrs.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3647 on: April 25, 2016, 07:26:43 pm »
And to think he even missed a number of games at the start of the season. Would love to see him here again one day but can see him seeing out his days there. Maybe if he split with his Mrs.

She seems to like Liverpool even less than the Voronins.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3648 on: April 25, 2016, 07:59:22 pm »

Can't be serious surely?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3649 on: April 25, 2016, 11:25:06 pm »
She seems to like Liverpool even less than the Voronins.

What did the Voronins ever to do her? Is this a ponytail thing?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3650 on: April 25, 2016, 11:50:40 pm »

He's scored 53 goals, he's got more goals than Messi and Ronaldo. It's not premature at all.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #3651 on: April 26, 2016, 12:11:02 am »
He's scored 53 goals, he's got more goals than Messi and Ronaldo. It's not premature at all.

He also has 21 assists, more than Ozil.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #3652 on: April 26, 2016, 12:15:18 am »
In fact, as far as I can see, Suarez is currently ahead of both Messi and Ronaldo in both goals and assists, which with due distaste to the modern ritual of counting assists as a Thing, is quite remarkable. There is no sane way to make a case for anybody other than Suarez as the foremost footballer on the planet right now.

(Except it's really N'Golo Kante.)

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #3653 on: April 26, 2016, 01:00:12 am »
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Online GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3654 on: April 26, 2016, 01:51:33 am »
Next season we need to make some kind of shared ownership deal with Barcelona. Get the fixtures rigged so whenever Barca plays on a Saturday, we play on a Sunday and vice-versa. If we make CL via Europa, do likewise with Tuesday/Wednesday. Get him to play for both teams. You know he's got the engine for it. It's innovative. It's brilliant. Hand me my agent's fee.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3655 on: April 27, 2016, 12:39:50 pm »
Nice touch of class from him on twitter JFT96
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3656 on: April 27, 2016, 12:49:14 pm »
Amazing player. I hope he breaks the Messi-Ronaldo dominance on the pichichi and Ballon d'Or.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #3657 on: April 27, 2016, 03:36:49 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MHIPeIqMKt4&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MHIPeIqMKt4&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

He also celebrated with that small shirt re PKU.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline terrible suits

• Formerly: terrisus
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Justice for the 96 - You'll Never Walk Alone
    • terrisus.com
« Reply #3658 on: April 28, 2016, 12:01:28 am »

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3659 on: April 29, 2016, 06:03:44 pm »
Suarez oozes class.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3660 on: April 30, 2016, 10:55:19 pm »
Goal 54 of the season for him tonight, sealing a 0-2 win as Barca return to the top. Is it even debatable that he is the best player on the planet? Can't believe some of our 'own' didn't even have him in the top 5 during his last season with us and an alarmingly large amount of people thought Ibrahimavic was streets ahead of him. :lmao

Barca had a little stutter in their cruise to the title and who was the man that picked them up and started the charge towards the finish line? The little magician that is Suarez, the most gifted Liverpool player of his generation.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3661 on: April 30, 2016, 11:52:49 pm »
Goal 54 of the season for him tonight, sealing a 0-2 win as Barca return to the top. Is it even debatable that he is the best player on the planet? Can't believe some of our 'own' didn't even have him in the top 5 during his last season with us and an alarmingly large amount of people thought Ibrahimavic was streets ahead of him. :lmao

Barca had a little stutter in their cruise to the title and who was the man that picked them up and started the charge towards the finish line? The little magician that is Suarez, the most gifted Liverpool player of his generation.

Can't understand it my self.  did he do some stupid things here? sure did - but the guy loved it here, loved the fans, the city etc - and never took a minute off. Still one of my favorite liverpool players ever.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3662 on: May 1, 2016, 12:43:13 am »
Can't understand it my self.  did he do some stupid things here? sure did - but the guy loved it here, loved the fans, the city etc - and never took a minute off. Still one of my favorite liverpool players ever.

Exactly, he did some stupid things in the heat of the moment (I'm referring to the bite, NOT, the lies engineered by purple nose and that lying, despicable twat Evra) but that was just a result of the sort of player he is, the way he learnt how to play the game and the upbringing he had. He is a very humble person and a family man off the pitch. Having read his side of the fiasco the summer before he left (the Arsenal bid and all his interviews) I can not still say a bad word against him. His talent deserved to be at the elite clubs or a club he could make elite, we dug our heels in and said give us one more season and get us into the CL. The little fucker did not only that, but brought us as close as we have ever been to another league title, playing the best football I've ever seen from a Liverpool player. Yes it would have been great to keep him and build on that but he deserved to play in the CL for a team who would be challenging for it and winning honours year in year out. He helped us by tripling his transfer fee, we just spunked it up the wall.

Fantastic player, fantastic person.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Online GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3663 on: May 1, 2016, 04:56:10 am »
Not to mention that he was primarily responsible for giving us Champions League (which we spunked) and its associated millions (spunked again).

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3664 on: May 1, 2016, 07:58:41 am »
Loved it so much he threatened to sue us to go to Arsenal innit. Wish Studge got the support this guy does.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3665 on: May 1, 2016, 08:18:09 am »
Loved it so much he threatened to sue us to go to Arsenal innit. Wish Studge got the support this guy does.

I wish Sturridge would run through brick walls to help his team mates and deliver success.

Not trying to be overly critical of Sturridge but the reason Luis the support he did was because he was the most gifted LFC since the 80's and his desire to win every single match and every single loose ball. He played through injuries, he played, scored and destroyed England in a huge World Cup game a month after a knee injury which should have kept him from training for 6 weeks. Mentality. Character. Desire and a will to win. Luis Suarez has all of those qualities by the fucking bucketload, so much in fact the rest of the squad helped themselves to some while he was here and reached heights they hadn't and have not gone on to reach again. He earned the support he got.

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3666 on: May 1, 2016, 11:07:41 am »
I wish Sturridge would run through brick walls to help his team mates and deliver success.

Not trying to be overly critical of Sturridge but the reason Luis the support he did was because he was the most gifted LFC since the 80's and his desire to win every single match and every single loose ball. He played through injuries, he played, scored and destroyed England in a huge World Cup game a month after a knee injury which should have kept him from training for 6 weeks. Mentality. Character. Desire and a will to win. Luis Suarez has all of those qualities by the fucking bucketload, so much in fact the rest of the squad helped themselves to some while he was here and reached heights they hadn't and have not gone on to reach again. He earned the support he got.

Damn right, the man was a force of nature.

There was never anything less than 100% from him. Even after the Arsenal transfer saga, was there ever any doubt that he would, if he stayed, give his all in a Liverpool shirt?

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3667 on: May 2, 2016, 04:20:28 am »

So because Sturridge can't play through injuries like Suarez can he doesn't deserve the same support? Suarez is a freak of nature when it comes to injuries. You can't fault a player for not being able to cope like he does. It's not down to sheer determination, he's got a body that can handle it. Some players aren't so lucky.

And as good as Suarez was for us, Sturridge still has a better strike rate here than Suarez did. And you know, unlike Suarez. Sturridge is still here. Isn't using us as a stepping stone as Suarez did.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3668 on: May 2, 2016, 05:21:01 am »
So because Sturridge can't play through injuries like Suarez can he doesn't deserve the same support? Suarez is a freak of nature when it comes to injuries. You can't fault a player for not being able to cope like he does. It's not down to sheer determination, he's got a body that can handle it. Some players aren't so lucky.

And as good as Suarez was for us, Sturridge still has a better strike rate here than Suarez did. And you know, unlike Suarez. Sturridge is still here. Isn't using us as a stepping stone as Suarez did.

Only because he's been injured for the last two years as he himself has said. So, one's here, the other's not is a poor argument. That aside, I don't think Sturridge is as good a player as Suarez became, but that doesn't mean Sturridge can't hit those numbers either. Suarez was a true force of nature though.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3669 on: May 2, 2016, 05:41:59 am »
Only because he's been injured for the last two years as he himself has said. So, one's here, the other's not is a poor argument. That aside, I don't think Sturridge is as good a player as Suarez became, but that doesn't mean Sturridge can't hit those numbers either. Suarez was a true force of nature though.
You're saying Sturridge has only stayed here because he's been injured?

I'm not saying Sturridge is as good as Suarez at Barca is. It shouldn't matter if he is or isn't. I'm saying he deserves the same support as Suarez got and still gets now. Studge has been here for three years, has one of the best goals scoring rates of any LFC striker ever and the guy doesn't even have a song. He deserves a lot more than he gets.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3670 on: May 2, 2016, 05:47:02 am »

I'm not saying Sturridge is as good as Suarez at Barca is. It shouldn't matter if he is or isn't. I'm saying he deserves the same support as Suarez got and still gets now. Studge has been here for three years, has one of the best goals scoring rates of any LFC striker ever and the guy doesn't even have a song. He deserves a lot more than he gets.

We don't know either way, but it's clear given what Sturridge has said that IF a better opportunity came along, he would at least think about it. As for the support, I think he definitely deserves a lot of support too. But you can imagine why it is easier to support Suarez to the extent he was given his characteristics as a player. Players that work hard for the team are always appreciated more than those that appear a bit more nonchalant. Suarez worked as hard as anyone for the team. But he tied that with some of the most sublime skills anyone will see on a pitch. It's easy to understand why he's such a fan favourite. It's not just the skill, it's also the attitude and the heart. Coutinho is similar in how he never backs down, is always doing his absolute best and hardly ever sulking. We both know Sturridge sulks a fair bit. It's easy to imagine why they're fan favourites in a way Sturridge isn't. Anyway, enough about Sturridge... Suarez is boss. I'm sure we agree.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3671 on: May 2, 2016, 08:13:53 am »

You said you wish he got that same support and I replied by telling you exactly why Suarez got that support. The injuries were an extra point which but the main one was the way Suarez played the game with his hunger to win everything and chase everything down. Gerrard, Carragher and others have said a few times how Sturridge didn't have the same mentality as Suarez when it came to injuries. Sturridge has to feel 100%  (Gerrard had to beg him for days to play in a match against United at Anfield ffs) whereas Suarez would need to have all his limbs amputated before accepting he couldn't play. Mind you he'd probably still manage to score with his head. All players get support from the fans, but ones who do that extra bit more, put that graft in not matter if it is a cup final or a game we are crusing 4-0 and it's in stoppage time and raise the whole level of the team, they naturally get that extra support. I like Daniel, as you have pointed out he has a fantastic goals per minutes ratio. The lad gets fantastic support, the cheers when his name is read out on the team sheet or as he comes off the bench is louder than any other player. He doesn't have a song because nothing has caught on, not because people don't fucking support him as you appear to be claiming.

And if Daniel did try and use us a stepping stone he'd probably do his ankle ligaments again anyway and fail the medical ;)

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #3672 on: May 2, 2016, 08:44:10 am »
A special player and I'm just glad we got to witness his class 1st hand. I think he's above Ronaldo and Messi but others may argue.

Maybe once Klopp has built his own side and if we are need or something extra in a few years, he can come back for a few years before returning to Nacional.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3673 on: May 2, 2016, 11:25:08 am »
Next season we need to make some kind of shared ownership deal with Barcelona. Get the fixtures rigged so whenever Barca plays on a Saturday, we play on a Sunday and vice-versa. If we make CL via Europa, do likewise with Tuesday/Wednesday. Get him to play for both teams. You know he's got the engine for it. It's innovative. It's brilliant. Hand me my agent's fee.

You know, the little f%ck would be up for 2 games in 2 days too no doubt......machine!!  ;D

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3674 on: May 2, 2016, 04:39:50 pm »

Not trying to be overly critical of Sturridge but the reason Luis the support he did was because he was the most gifted LFC since the 80's and his desire to win every single match and every single loose ball. He played through injuries, he played, scored and destroyed England in a huge World Cup game a month after a knee injury surgery which should have kept him from training for 6 weeks. Mentality. Character. Desire and a will to win. Luis Suarez has all of those qualities by the fucking bucketload, so much in fact the rest of the squad helped themselves to some while he was here and reached heights they hadn't and have not gone on to reach again. He earned the support he got.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3675 on: May 3, 2016, 01:55:34 am »

it is a fairly ridiculous argument saying one player "deserves" a level of support.......every Liverpool player deserves support yes, but football fans have an emotional investment in the game, and respond differently to different players and different games.....awards are deserved, so are plaudits, so it is justified to say sturridge deserves rating more highly than some people do.....but support is not rational, it just is...you can often define why players will get support but that is after the fact

it is clear why suarez is so loved - he was a machine, an amazing player. emotional, committed, outrageous, impossible to stop at times, confrontational, a mean bastard.....all those things were what set him apart from other players, fans don't watch a player and decide based on talent how much he is supported, or just support everyone in the team equally, they support the team and then have favourites within the team...naïve to even imagine it is any different
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline JURGENKLOPP

• Thou shalt not steal. (books, from St. Thomas More Catholic High School)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #3676 on: May 8, 2016, 06:12:16 pm »
It looks asif he'll break the Messi and Ronaldo stranglehold on the Spanish Golden Boot. What an achievement for Luis. Granted Messi was injured for a few months but still! Another big feather in his hat. Now you've done all that, get back over to Anfield!

Offline muyuu

• Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #3677 on: May 8, 2016, 06:18:42 pm »
35 goals in 34 in La Liga. 54 in 51 in all competitions, plus 25 assists.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3678 on: May 8, 2016, 06:30:04 pm »
It looks asif he'll break the Messi and Ronaldo stranglehold on the Spanish Golden Boot. What an achievement for Luis. Granted Messi was injured for a few months but still! Another big feather in his hat. Now you've done all that, get back over to Anfield!

According to stats I read on the internet (unless they're wrong), Suarez has played 34 leave games while Messi has played 32. Hardly anything between them

Suarez has simply been superior

Offline muyuu

• Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #3679 on: May 8, 2016, 06:34:06 pm »
According to stats I read on the internet (unless they're wrong), Suarez has played 34 leave games while Messi has played 32. Hardly anything between them

Suarez has simply been superior

Suarez has played 600 minutes more and Messi hasn't been 100% fit for a lot of the season.

Still 86 min/goal (Suarez) vs 100 min/goal (Messi). Both very good.

Aguero isn't far off mind (95 min/goal in the prem).
-sinnermichael