Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1519931 times)

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #7080 on: May 21, 2016, 05:48:51 pm »
Most of the real fans where in Basel Barfusserplatz for the game hence that's where the atmosphere was. At least until they got the 3rd.

Sturridge scores..

*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7081 on: May 21, 2016, 06:45:58 pm »
Was proud of my 15 year old lad for standing behind the goal facing our end screaming at them to get behind the lads. Embarrased thar je should have to do it.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7082 on: May 21, 2016, 06:47:29 pm »
It didn't feel right the other night. Let alone the game feeling distant, the fan base felt, well........differently distant.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7083 on: May 21, 2016, 06:49:20 pm »
Must be the first final where there was more fans outside the ground than inside.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7084 on: May 21, 2016, 06:49:23 pm »
Our support was shocking. Some probably too cool to sing, some too scared to sing incase they get shit for their accent, some so drunk they didnt even know where they were, some dont know the words etc etc. A complete mess.

I want every game to be like Utd away was man!

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #7085 on: May 21, 2016, 08:16:04 pm »
Showed me watching on the telly how the crowd has changed ... sounded like the Bournemouth game when the 'Liverpool' chant got going ... 'liverpole' rather than 'liverpewl'.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7086 on: May 21, 2016, 08:53:57 pm »
Showed me watching on the telly how the crowd has changed ... sounded like the Bournemouth game when the 'Liverpool' chant got going ... 'liverpole' rather than 'liverpewl'.

If I've said it once on here I've said it fifty times, it is now 'scaaarsers rule the Cantry' rather than the way it should be.
There's nothing we can do about it, it's just football nowadays.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7087 on: May 21, 2016, 08:59:42 pm »
When i first went aways mid 80s our support at london aways was sang in london accent even then, i was 1 of the things i noticed, quite cringeworthy.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7088 on: May 21, 2016, 10:02:57 pm »
I was also at the Barfusserplatz and I would say that the atmosphere there wasn't awe inspiring although okay, especially now I've watched a re-run of the game and have something to compare it too. If we won, possibly my memory might be different I'll admit. The atmosphere in the middle of the city in the afternoon seemed better to me and it was largely Scouse, with a few recognisable lads leading the singing. The majority of the fans at the Barfusserplatz were I stood weren't Scouse and quite a few were Europeans, (possibly Swiss,) giving it a go, singing songs fairly badly but at least they were trying.

People complaining of fans with non-Scouse accents should take into account what Thatcher did in the 80's. Many Scousers worked, settled and stayed down south and elsewhere and had children who wanted to support their parent's team. What's wrong with that? I went to a funeral in London recently for an old lad born and bred around Scotland Road whose large family which spread into three generations, were all Liverpool fans as evidenced by the many scarves and flowers with YNWA playing at the end. His children and grandchildren all spoke with Cockney accents but seemed knowledgeable, genuine and passionate supporters.

We've got to accept that Scousers have become a bit like the Irish with people proud to call themselves 2nd or 3rd generation. Many born and bred Scousers might call them plastic but they should be proud that people want to remember their roots and embrace their city which in the not too distant past was much maligned. Demographics have changed over two generations and although I'm nostalgic for the old days, they're not coming back. Without the support of our many fans from outside the city both with and without blood connections, we wouldn't be the same force in the modern game. Does anyone think that we could attract the likes of Klopp if we didn't have such a large fan base? He would hardly be interested in the Everton job. There's a lad that I used to speak to at games in the 80's who was a musician from Kent who started supporting us purely because of The Beatles. I take all that as a compliment to the best city in the world.

On a very serious note it's heartbreaking how many tickets got into the wrong hands. It must be as easy as fuck to track down the route that the tickets take but there seems no will to so from the powers. The modern game isn't a patch on the old days but it's all we have.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7089 on: May 21, 2016, 10:05:03 pm »
Valid points there :thumbup
We are a team of one half.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #7090 on: May 21, 2016, 10:32:27 pm »
Do we really need yet another debate about wools and OOTers? At the end of the day there were 9000 Sevilla fans in the whole of the ground and they never shut up. We had at least 9000 of our own with sufficient credits plus thousands more local and regular match going reds in the ground. Yes there were a lot of plastic twats out in force but there were in Dortmund and Istanbul too so let's not rewrite history. Like someone said earlier, there were people so bladdered and exhausted from the afternoon and the previous nights excursions that they were asleep in the ground. I was in the 3rd tier of the big stand and plenty of people around me were joining in with the singing, even the weirdo brigade were having a go, but the crowd as a whole never really got going for any sustained length of time. I also have to say that one of the problems up there was that it was difficult to sing in unison with those behind the goal so people we're giving up too easily. At the end of the day though we had more than enough hardcore types in the stadium to make a decent racket and get an atmosphere going but the fact is we didn't do it.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7091 on: May 21, 2016, 10:47:35 pm »
I said exactly what most of you lads are saying about an hour after the match and got shouted down from some cluesss soul who was obviously in denial. The truth is that our support was Mickey Mouse in the second half and if you deny that then there's nothing down for you.

Our support is swarming with goms who've  no fucking idea what getting behind the team means. All so easy to get the songs going and light the flares up when we're winning, takes a bit more  when your backs are up against the wall.
That said, I still reckon that there is a dearth of  decent songs, and more especially chants to pick the team up when the chips are down.
Haven't heard "Come on scousers", come on scousers" or " come on you mighty reds" for a long time...these songs used to be traditionally used as a clarion call when the team were a goal down to gee up the players and to pick the supporters up....
Sad but can't see things changing any time soon

Offline 5Goldstars

• Main Stander
  • ........Make that 6 Gold Stars
« Reply #7092 on: May 22, 2016, 12:14:50 am »
Do we really need yet another debate about wools and OOTers? At the end of the day there were 9000 Sevilla fans in the whole of the ground and they never shut up. We had at least 9000 of our own with sufficient credits plus thousands more local and regular match going reds in the ground. Yes there were a lot of plastic twats out in force but there were in Dortmund and Istanbul too so let's not rewrite history. Like someone said earlier, there were people so bladdered and exhausted from the afternoon and the previous nights excursions that they were asleep in the ground. I was in the 3rd tier of the big stand and plenty of people around me were joining in with the singing, even the weirdo brigade were having a go, but the crowd as a whole never really got going for any sustained length of time. I also have to say that one of the problems up there was that it was difficult to sing in unison with those behind the goal so people we're giving up too easily. At the end of the day though we had more than enough hardcore types in the stadium to make a decent racket and get an atmosphere going but the fact is we didn't do it.
Yeah agree with you there fella i think most people shot there bolt singing in our case in mulhouse the night before or in the afternoon before the game bought my ticket before the semi never heard any British never mind Scouse around me and as you say the singing was all over the spot
Liverpool fc, bastion of invincibility

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7093 on: May 22, 2016, 12:26:10 am »
the biggest beauts i saw were unfortunately scousers who'd never been to a game before and felt the need to play up as a result
cyas

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7094 on: May 22, 2016, 12:33:26 am »
If you're blaming the ale how come people managed fine all day in the Altmarkt and Taksim Square not to mention the numerous trips to Cardiff?

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7095 on: May 22, 2016, 01:07:27 am »
If you're blaming the ale how come people managed fine all day in the Altmarkt and Taksim Square not to mention the numerous trips to Cardiff?
I'm not solely blaming the ale, I'm saying it was a factor but two things about all of those other occasions you mention - firstly we won them all and it's very easy to see them in a different light long after the event and secondly did we really create a cacophony in Dortmund and Istanbul for 90 minutes or were the atmospheres driven by events? Obviously everybody remembers the incredible half time YNWA and the scenes in the second half and at the end in Istanbul and of course the Dortmund game was an absolute thriller so the game kind of fed the crowd that night but also the away support in those games wasn't anything like as impressive as Sevilla, so naturally we easily had the beating of their fans. If we'd have won the other night the singing would have been better, we'd have had thrombies from the goals fresh in the memory, it would have been another revered night in our history and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7096 on: May 22, 2016, 07:25:12 am »
We only sing when we're winning then. Glad you cleared that up.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #7097 on: May 22, 2016, 07:42:03 am »
I remember Paris 81 there was lads around me asleep most of the game. It happens. Always will. As for the the singing to me it sounds like we just hammer FOAR over and over again with one Scouser Tommy and Every other Satdee thrown in. Bit monotonous.

Someone said about the banners. Its true they seem to be going the same way as the support... Bland soulless stylee such as 'We walk in the footsteps of Giants' or 'Glory is a God given right' or some such bollocks.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #7098 on: May 22, 2016, 08:19:34 am »
I remember Paris 81 there was lads around me asleep most of the game. It happens. Always will. As for the the singing to me it sounds like we just hammer FOAR over and over again with one Scouser Tommy and Every other Satdee thrown in. Bit monotonous.

Someone said about the banners. Its true they seem to be going the same way as the support... Bland soulless stylee such as 'We walk in the footsteps of Giants' or 'Glory is a God given right' or some such bollocks.
I agree mate, they`re getting cringey as fuck.

As for Dortmund and Instanbul, they were different, totally different. Yes our crowd has always been driven by events on the field but I feel it`s never been as plastic and whoppersville as it is today. In 2001, the crowd was different that whole season. I went to most away games that year and the following three or four years and the away crowd was great, same faces at most places you went to.

The atmospheres was sometimes shite away but mostly the crowd would have a go at times during difficult periods of a game but now it`s just fucking shite, throw out FOAR (If we score) four times then it dies, and hopefully we score again so the following has another go. It`s fucking grim.

It was starting to get away from the crowd by the time Istanbul came around but it was still there, still prepared to sing during times of adversity (not always obviously but a hell of a lot more than we see from the fucking pitiful away following we have these days).

Then Istanbul happened and the whoppers invaded,  the finals came, and the little bit of what we had gradually faded away with iPhone generation, gobshites. I`m talking about young scousers here as well before some of you feel the need to start throwing tampons.

"I was there son, thirty years ago when we lost that final and I done fuck all to give the lads on the pitch a bit of encouragement and spent loads of time taking selfies of my self and the players, oh and I didn`t go to one single game before hand, just whipped out £400 and sorted myself a ticket, they where the days lad".

Fuck off.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7099 on: May 22, 2016, 09:05:38 am »

Atmosphere at finals hasn't been good since Istanbul. Athens wasn't great either.

The awful venues don't help (Wembley included). Shame it wasn't in Warsaw instead of last year as the majority in Basle the other night would have been in the ground rather than outside.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7100 on: May 22, 2016, 09:43:08 am »
Atmosphere at the Final was shit. Just take a look at the Seville fans who ALL sang consistently throughout the game. Comparing it to all the other Euro aways this season, this on was arguably the worse.
My guess is that the games up to the semi final were full of your Euro away regulars who love to get behind the team... What was around me in Basel looked like most of the Main Stand, who didnt want to stand or sing. Yes, its their perogative, and they have the right to do what they want, but it really killed the atmosphere around where we were.
When the Club sells the tickets, why dont they give the area behind the goal to say qualifying FC Holders from the Kop for example?! 

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7101 on: May 22, 2016, 09:50:25 am »
There are LOADS on the Kop who don't sing now, or just stand there moaning! There is no easy answer....
We are a team of one half.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #7102 on: May 22, 2016, 09:59:05 am »
The atmosphere in the first half was great. I was standing on the fence by the corner flag and it was fantastic, my voice was completely shattered but the second half was mostly crap. The goal right at the beginning killed not only the team but the stands as well.

Why is everyone talking about Sevilla fans being brilliant and singing for 90 minutes?  I only started hearing them after they scored the first one and started waving their scarves.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7103 on: May 22, 2016, 10:05:50 am »
What I was referring to earlier was that feeling of belonging, rather than where someone was from. (Although the different nationalities did annoy me when they didn't seem bothered about us losing).

Regardless of where from, if someone had done 7 home games then they'd have been on that journey with me and with the team. They'd have witnessed the ups and downs and we'd all be part of it with the idea of it all culminating in the last game - everyone together having been through it all ready to see it through to the end.

As it was, the party was gate crashed by a load of people who wanted to go to a final. (And I can't blame them for it).

It then made me feel rather disconnected from the whole thing, instead of connected with like minded people, which is generally what it's about for me.

Not the fault of the club or the match going fans really. More UEFA/Modern football and the 'I was there' element.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7104 on: May 22, 2016, 10:23:02 am »
The crowd feeds off the team and the team feeds off the crowd conundrum.

I don't know why people just don't sing like fuck for 90mins and dissect the performance after.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #7105 on: May 22, 2016, 12:04:49 pm »
Atmosphere at finals hasn't been good since Istanbul. Athens wasn't great either.

The atmosphere at the 2006 FA Cup Final was brilliant.

Offline El_Pistolero7

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird upon my chest...
« Reply #7106 on: May 22, 2016, 12:31:14 pm »
I think a lot of it also comes down to 90% of our songs being long and complex. We don't have any real chants apart from 'Liverpool, Liverpool'. We need more simple chants, ones that people can bounce and clap to. It's often these simple chants that create an atmosphere.

Offline Beerbelly

• Main Stander
« Reply #7107 on: May 22, 2016, 01:07:41 pm »
Our support on Wednesday in the stadium was pathetic and embarrassing. Sevilla were miles better.

I was sick of hearing phrases like 'It was a final - I couldn't miss it'. Well you missed them 7 home games that's for sure. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the first LFC game for a lot there. It was full of people who'd come for the final experience.

Can I have a go at someone wanting to see Liverpool in a final? Probably not - we all want to. Does money now talk? Yep - it's an enabler certainly.
It's completely ruined football. UEFA has ruined it. I overheard a family saying their tickets had something like 'FA Association of Dubai' on it or some country miles away.

I got my ticket through the club but also got a spare for this from the UEFA ballot. I offered it to my mate. A good red who went for 10+ years to every game and gave it up a year or so ago. He was desperate to go, but he said he'd feel snide taking the place of lads who've gone all season and didn't have it. He should not have worried.

Villa Semi. City Final. Sevilla Final. Privileged to have been at them, but hated them all. They represent the absolute worst LFC fans. Absolute worst.

Anfield is bad. Cup finals are worse. How that is possible I don't know.
It's not about where someone is from - it's about following your club from them early rounds all the way through, and then some people who are not even that arsed at the result come right at the end and spoil it all, but have a nice picture and day out whilst I sit there crying into my coat distraught having been home and away and it pretty much being my way of life. It's hard to take.

Also these banners. They used to set us apart. There were some great ones there let's not forget that. But stop with the 'my bird', 'reinvention of Joey ate the' and certainly ffs why've we seen a few England ones? Some terrible ones on display.

Also, these euro aways are all about having the best of times, but too many get completely shitfaced they're asleep in the stadium.
Don't forget we're trying to win a game here lads - be cheaper to just get shitfaced somewhere else.

It's hard to take when it means everything to you and people around you are not arsed.

Don't mean to have ago David but what point are you trying to make? You bought a ticket in the UEFA ballot if I'm not mistaken and you are critical others who may have done the same thing but who didn't go to 7 homes? It would appear to me you want your cake and eat it. You knew the allocation criteria for final tickets having entered the UEFA ballot. You then chose to purchased a ticket from the club because you could rather than allow others to obtain that ticket who had the prerequisite credits and covered this by saying it was for a good red. He/She may well have been a good red but as you have shown some good reds also got tickets through UEFA Ballot for that final experience you refer.

I understand grievances about how tickets are allocated but people taking advantage of the system (like yourself in this instance) does not mean they are wrong. It is the system that's wrong. The fact that more than a third of the ground were ballot winners or guests of one description or another would I accept reduce the partisan make up of the crowd.

People show emotion in many forms crying is one that you refer but failing to cry after Sevilla beat Liverpool well that's not the barometer I would use to measure a fans commitment or enthusiasm.

Lets hope you have a better experience at your next game.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7108 on: May 22, 2016, 01:15:05 pm »
I think a lot of it also comes down to 90% of our songs being long and complex. We don't have any real chants apart from 'Liverpool, Liverpool'. We need more simple chants, ones that people can bounce and clap to. It's often these simple chants that create an atmosphere.

That's a cop out. The least you can do if you want to support the club is learn the songs, the history of the club and something about the city where it was founded.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7109 on: May 22, 2016, 01:21:41 pm »
Look we're all still sore after Wednesday's defeat but ultimately out of 35,000 people at least 10,000 of those were hardcore reds with sufficient credits plus thousands more regular match goers. About a third of the people there. More than enough to at least match Sevilla's support. These plastic twats everybody is trying to point the finger of blame at are there, in numbers, at most games now. The truth hurts but we just weren't good enough on the night on the pitch or off it.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7110 on: May 22, 2016, 01:34:14 pm »
Don't mean to have ago David but what point are you trying to make? You bought a ticket in the UEFA ballot if I'm not mistaken and you are critical others who may have done the same thing but who didn't go to 7 homes? It would appear to me you want your cake and eat it. You knew the allocation criteria for final tickets having entered the UEFA ballot. You then chose to purchased a ticket from the club because you could rather than allow others to obtain that ticket who had the prerequisite credits and covered this by saying it was for a good red. He/She may well have been a good red but as you have shown some good reds also got tickets through UEFA Ballot for that final experience you refer.

I understand grievances about how tickets are allocated but people taking advantage of the system (like yourself in this instance) does not mean they are wrong. It is the system that's wrong. The fact that more than a third of the ground were ballot winners or guests of one description or another would I accept reduce the partisan make up of the crowd.

People show emotion in many forms crying is one that you refer but failing to cry after Sevilla beat Liverpool well that's not the barometer I would use to measure a fans commitment or enthusiasm.

Lets hope you have a better experience at your next game.

Frustration really isn't it? It's hard to take when your life revolves around the club 24/7.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7111 on: May 22, 2016, 04:59:55 pm »
The atmosphere in the first half was great. I was standing on the fence by the corner flag and it was fantastic, my voice was completely shattered but the second half was mostly crap. The goal right at the beginning killed not only the team but the stands as well.

Why is everyone talking about Sevilla fans being brilliant and singing for 90 minutes?  I only started hearing them after they scored the first one and started waving their scarves.
Was by that fence too, agree first half was good, people getting involved. Half time felt like a party. Personally I think we got complacent, both in the stands and on the pitch, thought we had it won. They score and we were all shellshocked. Rather than do what we did against Dortmund we seemed to revert to the loud sighing and frustration so often heard at Anfield until recently. Tried to get people around me to sing but they seemed more intent on moaning. Then people started getting off at 75 minutes. WTF is that about. You've travelled to a European final and you get off before the end. What traffic are you trying to beat?  Agree on Sevilla, didn't hear them at all until they scored.

Second half in the stands really pissed me off to be honest been some great Euro aways and homes this year a shame it ended on a damp squib.

Oh and on the ticket thing, there are plenty who would've attended the qualifying games including aways on other people's cards then strangely enough don't get the option on the final ticket........
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 05:02:35 pm by Levitz »
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7112 on: May 22, 2016, 05:25:33 pm »
The atmosphere at the 2006 FA Cup Final was brilliant.

Not from what I remember.
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7113 on: May 22, 2016, 05:31:48 pm »
Not from what I remember.

Must of had wax in your ears then mate. ;) Atmosphere was brilliant were I was sat. Loved the Millennium stadium. Far better than Wembley.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7114 on: May 22, 2016, 05:37:14 pm »
Must of had wax in your ears then mate. ;) Atmosphere was brilliant were I was sat. Loved the Millennium stadium. Far better than Wembley.

Ha - Don't disagree about the millennium mate , but thought our support was poor that day .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #7115 on: May 22, 2016, 05:38:30 pm »

Yep was brilliant, will never forget that last minute Gerrard goal, that stadium is fantastic.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7116 on: May 22, 2016, 05:38:35 pm »
Don't get me started on this, what about the people who obviously "flog" their aways both here and in Europe, then decide, "oh it's a final lets go". The whole fancard/member situation is a farce, especially when you find people (and I know of plenty" who have over a dozen of the things), and then see a cash cow prior to a final if they don't go themselves.

The support, irrespective of who was there, was rubbish. To blame it on first timers with money to spare has some grounding, but we also need to look closer to home with some of our own who milk the system for when it suits them.
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7117 on: May 22, 2016, 05:43:34 pm »
Oh, as as a postscript, your team gets to a final, then despite all the effort in getting there (despite the result) everyone buggars off without applauding them for their efforts. Do you think the players wanted to stay and watch Sevilla lift the cup? I've been lucky to follow the Reds for many years, including finals, but I haven't seen our players that gutted for a long time. The least I could do was stay and give them my support at the end of a very long season. Not saying I'm better than anyone else, but those stands were virtually empty at the end. "You'll Never Walk Alone?" Some of our support need to look up the dictionary to see what thewords actually mean, it was embarrassing.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7118 on: May 22, 2016, 05:43:38 pm »
Ha - Don't disagree about the millennium mate , but thought our support was poor that day .

I don't know were you were sat but it was bob on were I was mate. The noise was incredible. Especially when Gerrard scored in injury time. T'was a great day all round for me.

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7119 on: May 22, 2016, 05:49:25 pm »

I don't know were you were sat but it was bob on were I was mate. The noise was incredible. Especially when Gerrard scored in injury time. T'was a great day all round for me.

I miss the Millennium Stadium and would take it over the soulless new Wembley anytime. I agree with you Solomon Grundy, the atmosphere in that place for our games was superb.