Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4550461 times)

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: U.S. election, 2016 (and the primaries)
« Reply #3640 on: July 26, 2016, 12:45:48 am »
Cry wolf about what?  I don't vote in this particular mental circus and have a pre-booked plane ticket to Australia for November 9th just incase that mad Hitler-esque c*nt gets in.
:lmao fair enough.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3641 on: July 26, 2016, 02:21:45 am »
Bernie supporters will vote for Trump.

And they will regret it, if that baboon becomes president.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3642 on: July 26, 2016, 02:37:40 am »
That was very awkward Sarah Silverman just said Bernie Or Bust is ridiculous, then they all started to boo and chant Bernie at her and she couldn't leave the stage because Paul Simon wasn't ready after her speech was cut short.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HwE3texX0zY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HwE3texX0zY</a>
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:46:21 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3643 on: July 26, 2016, 02:40:20 am »
This will be like Brexit all over again.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3644 on: July 26, 2016, 02:47:18 am »
Bernie supporters will vote for Trump.

And they will regret it, if that baboon becomes president.

The minority who don't tuck tail and pull the lever for Hillary won't vote for Trump, they'll either not vote or they'll vote for Stein. Which is still bad. But any Bernie supporter who votes for Trump is a fucking lunatic.

Booker's speech has largely been great by the way, and it pisses me off that people have been making noise throughout. I can't wait for the tweets and articles from conservatives decrying him for going negative and nasty for, you know, quoting Trump being negative and nasty.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3645 on: July 26, 2016, 02:50:44 am »
There are a lot of lunatics around mate.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3646 on: July 26, 2016, 03:02:04 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zNdkrtfZP8I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zNdkrtfZP8I</a>

Just listening Gingrich in that clip made my blood boil.
King Kenny.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3647 on: July 26, 2016, 03:23:25 am »
Michelle Obama was really good a future 1st lady maybe.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3648 on: July 26, 2016, 03:55:35 am »
Wow the crowd going mental for Bernie. Girls crying.

What will happen when he says those words.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:57:48 am by Trada »

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3649 on: July 26, 2016, 04:17:14 am »
Bernie is nailing with his speech so far .

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 04:21:40 am by BeautifulGame91 »

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3650 on: July 26, 2016, 04:24:03 am »
Bernie is nailing with his speech so far .

yup, he's always been a charismatic speaker.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3651 on: July 26, 2016, 04:24:04 am »
Bernie Sanders full speech

Good evening.

How great it is to be with you tonight.

Let me begin by thanking the hundreds of thousands of Americans who actively participated in our campaign as volunteers. Let me thank the 2 1/2 million Americans who helped fund our campaign with an unprecedented 8 million individual campaign contributions – averaging $27 a piece. Let me thank the 13 million Americans who voted for the political revolution, giving us the 1,846 pledged delegates here tonight – 46 percent of the total. And delegates: Thank you for being here, and for all the work you've done. I look forward to your votes during the roll call on Tuesday night.

And let me offer a special thanks to the people of my own state of Vermont who have sustained me and supported me as a mayor, congressman, senator and presidential candidate. And to my family – my wife Jane, four kids and seven grandchildren –thank you very much for your love and hard work on this campaign.

I understand that many people here in this convention hall and around the country are disappointed about the final results of the nominating process. I think it's fair to say that no one is more disappointed than I am. But to all of our supporters – here and around the country – I hope you take enormous pride in the historical accomplishments we have achieved.

Together, my friends, we have begun a political revolution to transform America and that revolution – our revolution – continues. Election days come and go. But the struggle of the people to create a government which represents all of us and not just the 1 percent – a government based on the principles of economic, social, racial and environmental justice – that struggle continues. And I look forward to being part of that struggle with you.

Let me be as clear as I can be. This election is not about, and has never been about, Hillary Clinton, or Donald Trump, or Bernie Sanders or any of the other candidates who sought the presidency. This election is not about political gossip. It's not about polls. It's not about campaign strategy. It's not about fundraising. It's not about all the things the media spends so much time discussing.

This election is about – and must be about – the needs of the American people and the kind of future we create for our children and grandchildren.

This election is about ending the 40-year decline of our middle class the reality that 47 million men, women and children live in poverty. It is about understanding that if we do not transform our economy, our younger generation will likely have a lower standard of living then their parents.

This election is about ending the grotesque level of income and wealth inequality that we currently experience, the worst it has been since 1928. It is not moral, not acceptable and not sustainable that the top one-tenth of one percent now own almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent, or that the top 1 percent in recent years has earned 85 percent of all new income. That is unacceptable. That must change.

This election is about remembering where we were 7 1/2 years ago when President Obama came into office after eight years of Republican trickle-down economics.

The Republicans want us to forget that as a result of the greed, recklessness and illegal behavior on Wall Street, our economy was in the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. Some 800,000 people a month were losing their jobs. We were running up a record-breaking deficit of $1.4 trillion and the world's financial system was on the verge of collapse.

We have come a long way in the last 7 1/2 years, and I thank President Obama and Vice President Biden for their leadership in pulling us out of that terrible recession.
Yes, we have made progress, but I think we can all agree that much, much more needs to be done.

This election is about which candidate understands the real problems facing this country and has offered real solutions – not just bombast, fear-mongering, name-calling and divisiveness.

We need leadership in this country which will improve the lives of working families, the children, the elderly, the sick and the poor. We need leadership which brings our people together and makes us stronger – not leadership which insults Latinos, Muslims, women, African-Americans and veterans – and divides us up.

By these measures, any objective observer will conclude that – based on her ideas and her leadership – Hillary Clinton must become the next president of the United States. The choice is not even close.

This election is about a single mom I saw in Nevada who, with tears in her eyes, told me that she was scared to death about the future because she and her young daughter were not making it on the $10.45 an hour she was earning. This election is about that woman and the millions of other workers in this country who are struggling to survive on totally inadequate wages.

Hillary Clinton understands that if someone in America works 40 hours a week, that person should not be living in poverty. She understands that we must raise the minimum wage to a living wage. And she is determined to create millions of new jobs by rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure – our roads, bridges, water systems and wastewater plants.

But her opponent – Donald Trump – well, he has a very different view. He does not support raising the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour – a starvation wage. While Donald Trump believes in huge tax breaks for billionaires, he believes that states should actually have the right to lower the minimum wage below $7.25. What an outrage!

This election is about overturning Citizens United, one of the worst Supreme Court decisions in the history of our country. That decision allows the wealthiest people in America, like the billionaire Koch brothers, to spend hundreds of millions of dollars buying elections and, in the process, undermine American democracy.

Hillary Clinton will nominate justices to the Supreme Court who are prepared to overturn Citizens United and end the movement toward oligarchy in this country. Her Supreme Court appointments will also defend a woman's right to choose, workers' rights, the rights of the LGBT community, the needs of minorities and immigrants and the government's ability to protect the environment.

If you don't believe this election is important, if you think you can sit it out, take a moment to think about the Supreme Court justices that Donald Trump would nominate and what that would mean to civil liberties, equal rights and the future of our country.

This election is about the thousands of young people I have met who have left college deeply in debt, and the many others who cannot afford to go to college. During the primary campaign, Secretary Clinton and I both focused on this issue but with different approaches. Recently, however, we have come together on a proposal that will revolutionize higher education in America. It will guarantee that the children of any family this country with an annual income of $125,000 a year or less – 83 percent of our population – will be able to go to a public college or university tuition free. That proposal also substantially reduces student debt.

This election is about climate change, the greatest environmental crisis facing our planet, and the need to leave this world in a way that is healthy and habitable for our kids and future generations. Hillary Clinton is listening to the scientists who tell us that – unless we act boldly and transform our energy system in the very near future – there will be more drought, more floods, more acidification of the oceans, more rising sea levels. She understands that when we do that we can create hundreds of thousands of good-paying jobs.

Donald Trump? Well, like most Republicans, he chooses to reject science. He believes that climate change is a "hoax," no need to address it. Hillary Clinton understands that a president's job is to worry about future generations, not the short-term profits of the fossil fuel industry.

This campaign is about moving the United States toward universal health care and reducing the number of people who are uninsured or under-insured. Hillary Clinton wants to see that all Americans have the right to choose a public option in their health care exchange. She believes that anyone 55 years or older should be able to opt in to Medicare and she wants to see millions more Americans gain access to primary health care, dental care, mental health counseling and low-cost prescription drugs through a major expansion of community health centers.

And What is Donald Trump's position on health care? No surprise there. Same old, same old Republican contempt for working families. He wants to abolish the Affordable Care Act, throw 20 million people off of the health insurance they currently have and cut Medicaid for lower-income Americans.

Hillary Clinton also understands that millions of seniors, disabled vets and others are struggling with the outrageously high cost of prescription drugs and the fact that Americans pay the highest prices in the world for their medicine. She knows that Medicare must negotiate drug prices with the pharmaceutical industry and that drug companies should not be making billions in profits while one in five Americans are unable to afford the medicine they need. The greed of the drug companies must end.

This election is about the leadership we need to pass comprehensive immigration reform and repair a broken criminal justice system. It's about making sure that young people in this country are in good schools and at good jobs, not in jail cells. Hillary Clinton understands that we have to invest in education and jobs for our young people, not more jails or incarceration.

In these stressful times for our country, this election must be about bringing our people together, not dividing us up. While Donald Trump is busy insulting one group after another, Hillary Clinton understands that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Yes. We become stronger when black and white, Latino, Asian-American, Native American – all of us – stand together. Yes. We become stronger when men and women, young and old, gay and straight, native born and immigrant fight to create the kind of country we all know we can become.

It is no secret that Hillary Clinton and I disagree on a number of issues. That's what this campaign has been about. That's what democracy is about. But I am happy to tell you that at the Democratic Platform Committee there was a significant coming together between the two campaigns and we produced, by far, the most progressive platform in the history of the Democratic Party. Among many other strong provisions, the Democratic Party now calls for breaking up the major financial institutions on Wall Street and the passage of a 21st Century Glass-Steagall Act. It also calls for strong opposition to job-killing free trade agreements like the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

Our job now is to see that platform implemented by a Democratic Senate, a Democratic House and a Hillary Clinton presidency – and I am going to do everything I can to make that happen.

I have known Hillary Clinton for 25 years. I remember her as a great first lady who broke precedent in terms of the role that a first lady was supposed to play as she helped lead the fight for universal health care. I served with her in the United States Senate and know her as a fierce advocate for the rights of children.

Hillary Clinton will make an outstanding president and I am proud to stand with her here tonight

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #3652 on: July 26, 2016, 04:47:11 am »
That speech by FLOTUS was staggering.  As the CNN analyst put it "Barack Obama is one of the greatest orators of our time - and he's not even the best in his family".

Bernie and Booker nailed it too, more energy in 2 hours tonight than we saw all last week.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3653 on: July 26, 2016, 04:47:50 am »
Michelle Obama was really good a future 1st lady maybe.

She is 1st lady ;)

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3654 on: July 26, 2016, 05:10:36 am »
That speech by FLOTUS was staggering.  As the CNN analyst put it "Barack Obama is one of the greatest orators of our time - and he's not even the best in his family".

Bernie and Booker nailed it too, more energy in 2 hours tonight than we saw all last week.
There was one comment by a CNN analyst that said there was more policy issues referred in Bernie Sanders speech than in the entire GOP convention put together.Summed up their farce last week

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3655 on: July 26, 2016, 05:26:17 am »
I'll try to find video later, but there was a delightful exchange on CNN after the Bernie speech that went something like this:

Democrat talking head (Begala maybe? I forget): Well, thankfully they didn't take the easy route and make this a hate-filled occasion like they could have.
Other Democrat talking head: Yeah, unlike the RNC hatefest.
Republican talking head: You call the RNC a hatefest? This was the hatefest, full of division into races and class warfare.
DTH: What? Saying the races should work together is division? And who exactly did they hate on?
RTH: Um, uh, the 1%?
DTHs: <barely restrained laughter>

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3656 on: July 26, 2016, 05:37:23 am »
They are saying it maybe the speech that won Clinton the Whitehouse.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/M-Vy7hetTug" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/M-Vy7hetTug</a>
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:42:30 am by Trada »

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #3657 on: July 26, 2016, 06:30:36 am »
Michelle fucking killed.

Not a dry eye in the house.

Hillary Convention bump 20 points minimum.
Kill the humourless

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3658 on: July 26, 2016, 06:59:46 am »
I completely missed the Michelle Obama speech .Is there a full video of it ?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Istanbul, 2005

• Strong believer in UKIP's domestic and European policies.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mersey paradise
« Reply #3660 on: July 26, 2016, 07:38:39 am »
I know it to be a serious matter and maybe it deserves a better response than me reducing it to a pulp...
Beyond that any honest and open debate regarding interfering with the democratic process of foreign nations... Would lead to an amazing amount of what some would call whataboutery... This isn't the thread for that. 

As for wikileaks been used by Russian secret services or ( tiny bit of whataboutery ;) ) various other countries ... No doubt whatsoever. But I dont believe it or Assange are russian agents because some american agent told me so. A major pain in the arse for lots of countries is what it is.
And while the Observer may not be pro-Clinton the whole US Russia relationship and all important balance of power takes priority here... It's far bigger and far more important than Clinton, Trump or even Putin for that matter.

As for Trump well I have a lot of american cousins and I chat with loads of american "virtual" friends online... So if you think Trump's is a Putin stooge and me telling them that, will help stop him been elected... I'll tell them that...as a last resort.   
But between me and you I think you're trying to find some order in the chaos, some foreign source for all the crazyness. Whereas I think the US is more than capable of producing enough of it's own kind of crazy.

People need to stop this conspiracy talk about Putin being involved in the president election and leaking E-mails etc, there isn´t a single shred of evidence of that. But you can attach whatever you want to Putin, no one in western media gives a toss about fact checking when it comes to him.

I know you rarely hear anything of the interviews with Putin on mainstream media in the west but people should, because the amount of conspiracies and rumors attached to Putin is in most cases completely false like him being a mastermind behind Trump and Brexit.

And people are using it, like when Cameron tried to make Brexit about Putin, “A vote for leave is a vote for Putin”, “There will be war”, “There will be Christmas in the kremlin” etc… it’s the same things you hear from the Clinton Camp, and the democrats spreading rumors about Russians leaking the mails are just pathetic and does them no good because everyone can see through it.

Putin was possibly the only statesmen that kept his mouth shut during the whole election, and the only thing he said was that it was up for the British public to decide and all he wants is a strong trading partner in Europe. He said people will have their reasons for voting stay/leave, the most important thing is that they are presented with objective information and that people need to be aware what their decision entitles, both negatives and positives. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER8V5L8WC4c)

Please watch this clip from the St Petersburg Economic Forum, when CNNs Fareed Zakaria asked Putin about his love for Trump, which is completely false. All Putin has said is that Trump is a colorful candidate and he likes that Trump wants to make Russia a partner (who wouldn´t like that?), but its up for the American people to decide. You want hear a single mainstream newspaper picking things like this up, definitely not Trump the fucking idiot who thinks him and Putin have a special relationship when they have barely even talked, shows you have misinformed people are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avBAT6Op0lU

Compare those statesmen and diplomatic responses to Clinton and the rest when they are asked about Russia, they are on their knees begging for people to vote against Putin, to start protests, openly supporting other political candidates having meetings at the US embassy in Moscow etc. Clinton even called Putin a man without soul and compared him to Hitler, which is probably nice to hear when the Nazis killed members of your family and almost 27million of your people.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and Trumps desire to have a good partnership with Russia is in everybody’s interest and he is not the only questioning what NATO is doing at the moment. You had Frank-Walter Steinmeier, The German Foreign Minister calling NATOs action in Eastern Europe by building up forces on Russias border as outright Warmongering.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:51:49 am by Istanbul, 2005 »
At Half time AC thought they had us beat
The Blueshite were dancing in the North Wales Streets
But Stevie G played like a man posessed
And all they have now is their Bitterness!

How do you sleep at night Duckenfield?

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3661 on: July 26, 2016, 08:10:12 am »
Michelle Obamas speech was fantastic, the best of the night. I wonder if we'll see her in politics once Barack Obama leaves office?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:11:58 am by lindylou100 »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3662 on: July 26, 2016, 08:12:10 am »
I completely love Michelle Obama. She's just the best at everything.

Michelle Obamas speech was fantastic, the best of the night. I wonder if we'll see her in politics once Barack Obama leaves office?

She absolutely hates Washington and said she'd never, ever do it.   
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3663 on: July 26, 2016, 09:04:29 am »
I completely love Michelle Obama. She's just the best at everything.

She absolutely hates Washington and said she'd never, ever do it.   

more's the pity, she speaks so well.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3664 on: July 26, 2016, 09:21:30 am »
Turns out the Bernie speech almost didn't happen

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/757798402822254593

;D

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #3666 on: July 26, 2016, 09:27:30 am »

People need to stop this conspiracy talk about Putin being involved in the president election and leaking E-mails etc, there isn´t a single shred of evidence of that. But you can attach whatever you want to Putin, no one in western media gives a toss about fact checking when it comes to him.

Putin's message for a Western audience will not come from him. A translated message in Russian does not have any real news impact. But the spin on RT, and the tone of the comical shills flooding the comments sections of the newspapers originate from the Kremlin. If Russia uncovered any material damaging to Clinton, I do not doubt that they would leak it. Russia is not a sinister puppet master orchestrating the whole campaign, but equally it is not unreasonable to assume that Russia would prefer the chaos of a Trump victory, and would use what disclosures they have to assist that aim.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #3667 on: July 26, 2016, 01:34:29 pm »

Do you work for the agency?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/magazine/the-agency.html?_r=1
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3668 on: July 26, 2016, 01:59:20 pm »
Do you work for the agency?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/magazine/the-agency.html?_r=1

Meanwhile, in the non-trolling, non-Russian shill front:

Op-Ed - Trump's opposition research firm: Russia's intelligence agencies

By Max Boot

As a lifelong Republican; I don’t much care who runs the Democratic National Committee. But I am deeply disturbed by the way that Debbie Wasserman Schultz was forced to resign as the DNC head  over the weekend.  WikiLeaks released  20,000 stolen emails revealing  a clear, if unsurprising, preference for Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders among Democratic officials.  This appears to be a foreign intervention in American politics — and it may only be the beginning.

Last month, CrowdStrike, a cybersecurity firm hired by the DNC, traced the source of the leaks to two groups of hackers (“Cozy Bear” and “Fancy Bear”) associated with two Russian  intelligence agencies. Moscow’s virtual fingerprints are all over this operation, including hyperlinks in Cyrillic and Internet protocol addresses linked to previous Russian hacks. In short, this appears to be a Russian intelligence operation designed to damage Clinton.

he Russians have every reason to sabotage the Democratic candidate. Her opponent, Donald Trump, is more pro-Russia than any previous presidential candidate.  As far back as 2007, Trump was telling CNN that Russian President Vladimir Putin was doing a “great job.” In 2013, Trump tweeted: “Do you think Putin will be going to The Miss Universe Pageant in November in Moscow - if so, will he become my new best friend?” In 2015, Trump told MSNBC that Putin was a real leader, “unlike what we have in this country,” and that reports of Putin killing political opponents didn’t bother him — “Well, I think our country does plenty of killing also,” he said.

Trump repeatedly says he would “get along very well with” Putin. In return Putin has praised Trump as “bright and talented.” Trump positively glows as he repeats reports that “Putin likes me.”

The Trump-Russia links beneath the surface are even more extensive, as Franklin Foer has shown in Slate. Trump has sought and received funding from Russian investors for his business ventures, especially after most American banks stopped lending to him following his multiple bankruptcies. Trump’s de facto campaign manager, Paul Manafort, was a longtime consultant to Viktor Yanukovich, the Russian-backed president of Ukraine who was overthrown in 2014. Manafort also has done multimillion-dollar business deals with Russian oligarchs.

Trump’s foreign policy advisor Carter Page has his own business ties to the state-controlled Russian oil giant Gazprom. He recently delivered a speech in Moscow slamming the United States for its “hypocritical focus on ideas such as democratization” and praising Russia for a foreign policy supposedly built on “noninterference,” “tolerance” and “respect.” (Try telling that to Ukraine.) Another Trump foreign policy advisor, retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, flew to Moscow last year to attend a gala banquet celebrating Russia Today, the Kremlin’s propaganda channel, and was seated at the head table near Putin. Flynn is a regular guest on Russia Today; he refuses to say whether he gets paid.

Given the pro-Putin orientation of Trump and his circle, it is no surprise that his campaign quietly rolled back a call in the GOP platform for arming Ukraine to fight back against Russian aggression, as most Republican foreign-policy experts have advocated. Trump has more than once criticized NATO, the chief obstacle to Russian designs, as obsolete and has said he wouldn’t necessarily come to the aid of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s members if they are attacked by Russia. Trump also cheered Britain’s vote to exit the European Union, another institution that Putin sees as an impediment to his influence.

Trump’s campaign — whose slogan might as well be  “Make Russia Great Again”— presents Putin with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reorient American foreign policy in Russia’s favor. Without the countering influence of the U.S., Putin has  a good chance to achieve his dream of undoing the collapse of the Soviet Union, which he has called a “geopolitical catastrophe,” by re-swallowing Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and other former Soviet republics.

Putin may just be getting started in his campaign to elect Trump. Bloomberg reported in June the Clinton Foundation was breached by Russian hackers. The Russians may also have acquired the emails that Hillary Clinton sent as secretary of State. Putin might be holding back explosive material until October, when its release could ensure a Trump victory.               

Such a development ought to alarm all Americans, even Republicans. The idea of a hostile foreign power interfering in a U.S. election is a threat to our democracy, one that Republican leaders would be condemning if they hadn’t checked  their principles at the gate in exchange for tickets on the Trump Train.

Max Boot is a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations and a contributing writer to Opinion.

LA Times

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #3669 on: July 26, 2016, 02:17:25 pm »
Putin's message for a Western audience will not come from him. A translated message in Russian does not have any real news impact. But the spin on RT, and the tone of the comical shills flooding the comments sections of the newspapers originate from the Kremlin. If Russia uncovered any material damaging to Clinton, I do not doubt that they would leak it. Russia is not a sinister puppet master orchestrating the whole campaign, but equally it is not unreasonable to assume that Russia would prefer the chaos of a Trump victory, and would use what disclosures they have to assist that aim.

You're just blinded by the lamestream media!!!!!

:P
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3670 on: July 26, 2016, 02:17:33 pm »
And: Was Russia Behind the DNC Hack?

Close your eyes and imagine that a hacking group backed by Russian President Vladimir Putin broke into the email system of a major U.S. political party. The group stole thousands of sensitive messages and then published them through an obliging third party in a way that was strategically timed to influence the United States presidential election. Now open your eyes, because it looks like that’s what just happened.

On Friday, Wikileaks published 20,000 emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee. They reveal, among other things, thuggish infighting, a push by a top DNC official to use Bernie Sanders’s religious convictions against him in the South, and attempts to strong-arm media outlets. In other words, they reveal the Washington campaign monster for what it is.

But leave aside the purported content of the Wikileaks data dump (to which numerous other outlets have devoted considerable attention) and consider the source. Considerable evidence shows that the Wikileaks dump was an orchestrated act by the Russian government, working through proxies, to undermine Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

“This has all the hallmarks of tradecraft. The only rationale to release such data from the Russian bulletproof host was to empower one candidate against another. The Cold War is alive and well,” Tom Kellermann, the CEO of Strategic Cyber Ventures said.

Here’s the timeline: On June 14, the cybersecurity company CrowdStrike, under contract with the DNC, announced in a blog post that two separate Russian intelligence groups had gained access to the DNC network. One group, FANCY BEAR or APT 28, gained access in April. The other, COZY BEAR, (also called Cozy Duke and APT 29) first breached the network in the summer of 2015.

The cybersecurity company FireEye first discovered APT 29 in 2014 and was quick to point out a clear Kremlin connection. “We suspect the Russian government sponsors the group because of the organizations it targets and the data it steals. Additionally, APT29 appeared to cease operations on Russian holidays, and their work hours seem to align with the UTC +3 time zone, which contains cities such as Moscow and St. Petersburg,” they wrote in their report on the group. Other U.S. officials have said that the group looks like it has sponsorship from the Russian government due in large part to the level of sophistication behind the group’s attacks.

//edited for length//

It’s the latest installment in a trend that information security researcher Bruce Schneier calls organizational doxing and that Lawfare’s Nicholas Weaver calls the weaponization of Wikileaks.

The most remarkable example of this, prior to the DNC incident, was the June 2015 the publication of several sets of NSA records related to government intelligence collection targets in France, Japan, Brazil, and Germany. The data itself was not remarkable, but it did harm U.S. relations and may have compromised NSA tradecraft. “Wikileaks doesn’t seem to care that they are being used as a weapon by unknown parties, instead calling themselves a ‘library of mass education’. But the rest of us should,” Weaver writes.

The evidence so far suggests it’s a weapon that Putin used to great effect last week.

The Atlantic

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
  • At The End Of The Storm - Are we there yet??
« Reply #3671 on: July 26, 2016, 03:36:20 pm »
Rather than quote publications who had their friends in the news fraternity embarrassed by the recent wikileaks ask your self why true Bernie supporters are the most upset about the latest Clinton scandal.

The issue for the true Bernie supporters in the US is the level of corruption within what they see as a rigged system. It is more important to highlight and root out the cronyism because this leads to many of the other problems in the US political system.

The key issues for those who want real change are

1) Campaign finance reform
2) Term limits
3) Gerrymandering
4) Cronyism

This is where we believe our political process is most broken. We felt through Bernie we had a chance to see some real reform in these areas. The preferred candidate for this change is actually Elizabeth Warren but she would not run against Clinton.

Clinton is seen as probably the biggest threat to any change in the above areas. Maybe if she gets in she will have a massive change of heart or maybe not.

5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3672 on: July 26, 2016, 03:57:05 pm »
Rather than quote publications who had their friends in the news fraternity embarrassed by the recent wikileaks ask your self why true Bernie supporters are the most upset about the latest Clinton scandal.

The issue for the true Bernie supporters in the US is the level of corruption within what they see as a rigged system. It is more important to highlight and root out the cronyism because this leads to many of the other problems in the US political system.

The key issues for those who want real change are

1) Campaign finance reform
2) Term limits
3) Gerrymandering
4) Cronyism

This is where we believe our political process is most broken. We felt through Bernie we had a chance to see some real reform in these areas. The preferred candidate for this change is actually Elizabeth Warren but she would not run against Clinton.

Clinton is seen as probably the biggest threat to any change in the above areas. Maybe if she gets in she will have a massive change of heart or maybe not.

But isn't it also true that the above are the priorities because the "true Bernie supporters" take as a given that the rights of women, the LGBTQ community, immigrants, ethnic minorities, etc are all going to continue to be protected?  But with Trump, they won't be - most acutely, they won't be by whichever two Supreme Court justices he gets to nominate.  So in a world where all of that stuff was in play and at risk (including the list you rightly point out), they would/should choose the candidate between Hillary and Trump who achieves the greatest number of their priorities across the list of "desired changes" AND "preservation of rights", no?  In which case, the answer is clearly and obviously Hillary, I think.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3673 on: July 26, 2016, 04:30:06 pm »

But isn't it also true that the above are the priorities because the "true Bernie supporters" take as a given that the rights of women, the LGBTQ community, immigrants, ethnic minorities, etc are all going to continue to be protected?  But with Trump, they won't be - most acutely, they won't be by whichever two Supreme Court justices he gets to nominate.  So in a world where all of that stuff was in play and at risk (including the list you rightly point out), they would/should choose the candidate between Hillary and Trump who achieves the greatest number of their priorities across the list of "desired changes" AND "preservation of rights", no?  In which case, the answer is clearly and obviously Hillary, I think.

I agree - and perhaps Elizabeth Warren will get her turn next time around (or the time after) and change will be slow but sure - rather than sent backwards by Donald J.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3674 on: July 26, 2016, 04:38:27 pm »
I agree - and perhaps Elizabeth Warren will get her turn next time around (or the time after) and change will be slow but sure - rather than sent backwards by Donald J.

Agreed.  Elizabeth Warren would certainly be my preference this time (over both Clinton and Sanders).  She'd be 74 (I think) in 8 years time, so maybe it's too late for her to follow eight years of Hillary, but we can hope!

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3675 on: July 26, 2016, 04:46:13 pm »

Agreed.  Elizabeth Warren would certainly be my preference this time (over both Clinton and Sanders).  She'd be 74 (I think) in 8 years time, so maybe it's too late for her to follow eight years of Hillary, but we can hope!

;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3676 on: July 26, 2016, 04:50:28 pm »
;D

I wouldn't be that shocked if Bush 43 was the last GOP POTUS for a very long time.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3677 on: July 26, 2016, 04:52:35 pm »
I wouldn't be that shocked if Bush 43 was the last GOP POTUS for a very long time.

As things stand right now, Hillary isn't even a shoe-in for one day of the Presidency, let alone eight years.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3678 on: July 26, 2016, 04:57:35 pm »
As things stand right now, Hillary isn't even a shoe-in for one day of the Presidency, let alone eight years.

Well done to Donald for getting his minimal Convention bounce, he certainly needed it.  However, night 1 of the DNC had more positivity and platform focus than the whole week in Cleveland, I expect a larger campaign bounce on the back of this week to be honest.

Then its on to the debates and the GOP are petrified of what Trump will say when under pressure - Speaker Ryan said as much last week in a behind-closed-doors meeting with Cruz delegates.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3679 on: July 26, 2016, 05:13:23 pm »
Well done to Donald for getting his minimal Convention bounce, he certainly needed it. However, night 1 of the DNC had more positivity and platform focus than the whole week in Cleveland, I expect a larger campaign bounce on the back of this week to be honest.

Then its on to the debates and the GOP are petrified of what Trump will say when under pressure - Speaker Ryan said as much last week in a behind-closed-doors meeting with Cruz delegates.

Which is saying something considering day one of the DNC had protests, booing, WikiLeaks fallout and the DNC chair resigning in embarrassment!