Author Topic: General West Ham thread  (Read 405695 times)

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General West Ham thread
« Reply #1920 on: January 12, 2017, 10:57:03 am »
Take a paycut and go back to OM

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1921 on: January 12, 2017, 10:59:20 am »
I think Payet was expecting Barcelona or PSG on the phone....

Ooooopsy!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1922 on: January 12, 2017, 11:02:47 am »
I won't believe it until I get a confirmation tweet from David Sullivan's son.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1923 on: January 12, 2017, 11:03:04 am »
You'd think he would have tried to at least put himself in the shop window recently if he was eyeing a January move. Been booed for parts of the season by the fans, so I don't think many of them would be unhappy to see him leave.

He has been a lazy arsed prick this season.

I don't know why any big Club would want him, unless they could carry him within the team. Certainly could not see him in a Spurs or Liverpool side, not even a Chelsea.

Apparently he wants to move to Arsenal but they have a better player in Ozil who they have to carry and when things are going wrong, have their scapegoat.

He has been linked with a move back to Marseille too.

They should have cashed in during the summer when someone might have been daft enough to give them £35m for him. I think they would be lucky to get £20m now to be honest.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1924 on: January 12, 2017, 11:04:41 am »
I won't believe it until I get a confirmation tweet from David Sullivan's son.
:lmao
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1925 on: January 12, 2017, 11:06:54 am »
You'd think he would have tried to at least put himself in the shop window recently if he was eyeing a January move. Been booed for parts of the season by the fans, so I don't think many of them would be unhappy to see him leave.

He has been a lazy arsed prick this season.

I don't know why any big Club would want him, unless they could carry him within the team. Certainly could not see him in a Spurs or Liverpool side, not even a Chelsea.

Apparently he wants to move to Arsenal but they have a better player in Ozil who they have to carry and when things are going wrong, have their scapegoat.

He has been linked with a move back to Marseille too.

They should have cashed in during the summer when someone might have been daft enough to give them £35m for him. I think they would be lucky to get £20m now to be honest.

If OM could afford him I think he would go back there. He never really wanted to leave just OM needed the money.

I just don't think they could pay the fee and wages unless there new owner is really is ready to splash the cash.

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1926 on: January 12, 2017, 11:10:34 am »
I wonder how much the "refuses to play" bit is true. This line always seems to get rolled out to gain support for the club ahead of a transfer so people think 'good riddance' instead of moaning about letting a player go. I won't defend the lad completely as he's not looked 100% committed this season, but he's head and shoulders above the rest of his teammates and that must be frustrating.

He's a very good player, but with his age this is his last big transfer. I can't see him fitting into any of the top clubs and he's certainly not a Klopp player. Although with the amount of possession we get in opponents' halves we could look at working to draw more fouls. He could score several free kicks in a season alone and he has a wicked delivery. Hm... can't see it though.

Offline Salger

• Kopite
« Reply #1927 on: January 12, 2017, 11:10:41 am »
Normally I'm all for a bit more honesty from managers but think Bilic has revealed a bit too much here. Flagging that he's a trouble maker will harm his transfer value and clubs will know they can stick in a cheeky bid. He says they won't sell him but what choice do they have?
Wir Glauben
2016 Cheltenham Tipster Competition Winner
2022 Aintree Tipster Competition Winner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1928 on: January 12, 2017, 11:14:38 am »
If OM could afford him I think he would go back there. He never really wanted to leave just OM needed the money.

I just don't think they could pay the fee and wages unless there new owner is really is ready to splash the cash.

West Ham are desperate for players, so they would probably be open to the idea of some kind of exchange. Whether anyone at Marseille wants a PL move or whether WHU want any of their players, is another story. And swap deals rarely seem to happen despite rumours.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1929 on: January 12, 2017, 11:17:09 am »
People asking who would have him after he's shown himself to be a bit of a trouble maker... He's the sort of player West Ham would go for!

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1930 on: January 12, 2017, 11:18:49 am »
Normally I'm all for a bit more honesty from managers but think Bilic has revealed a bit too much here. Flagging that he's a trouble maker will harm his transfer value and clubs will know they can stick in a cheeky bid. He says they won't sell him but what choice do they have?

Seems to me they are trying to pin the teams problems on Payet.  By doing this they are singling him out as well as in a way demanding he put in a transfer request.

Payet can either deny it now or if he really does want to go his got no reason not hand a transfer request in.

In a way Bilic had no choice.  If Payet isn't showing the right attitude and he doesn't pick him his forever going to be asked why is he leaving out the best player at the club?  He would have to say something so I don't think he had a choice really.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:24:11 am by puroresu_kid »

Offline OperationIvy

• Kopite
« Reply #1931 on: January 12, 2017, 11:46:23 am »

I agree.

Unless you have a realistic chance of convincing him otherwise, as soon as a player wants to leave, you got to do what you can to get as much money as possible out of him.

Bilic should have said, ok fine, we want £XXm for you, prove you are worth that much by playing your arse off and we'll sell you in January.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #1932 on: January 12, 2017, 11:51:45 am »
Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes  1h1 hour ago
Interestingly, @MattHughesTimes reported recently that Payet has a clause allowing him to leave for £15m if #WHUFC are relegated

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1933 on: January 12, 2017, 11:55:48 am »
Only PSG would have the money and the stupidity to take him.

His agent must have a club lined up for him to down tools like that

Offline Salger

• Kopite
« Reply #1934 on: January 12, 2017, 11:56:55 am »
WHU rejected a £20m bid from Marseille apparently, which is why he's gone on strike.
Wir Glauben
2016 Cheltenham Tipster Competition Winner
2022 Aintree Tipster Competition Winner

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1935 on: January 12, 2017, 12:02:10 pm »
WHU rejected a £20m bid from Marseille apparently, which is why he's gone on strike.

The one club in France more of a basket case and more dodgy ownership than West Ham. Didn't he join WHU from them anyway?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1936 on: January 12, 2017, 12:03:46 pm »
Just reading the full quotes from the press conference and thought this was funny:

SB: "@Michailantonio has a temperature this morning and will not train today.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1937 on: January 12, 2017, 12:06:59 pm »
When Dimitri Payet was informed that West Ham had rejected this offer, he vowed to “never kick a ball again for West Ham”. (The Telegraph)

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1938 on: January 12, 2017, 12:19:30 pm »
Just reading the full quotes from the press conference and thought this was funny:

SB: "@Michailantonio has a temperature this morning and will not train today.

Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1939 on: January 12, 2017, 12:21:16 pm »
Anyone suggested someone put a 3million bid in for him just as West Ham have been doing? :D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1940 on: January 12, 2017, 12:22:33 pm »

Feels like he has found out just before and is fuming still.

Either that or he's so pissed at Payet he wants him to just not play for anyone :D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1941 on: January 12, 2017, 12:23:23 pm »
The one club in France more of a basket case and more dodgy ownership than West Ham. Didn't he join WHU from them anyway?

He didn't want to leave.  OM needed the money.  It was only a few weeks ago he came out and spoke about the affection he still has for OM.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1942 on: January 12, 2017, 12:38:23 pm »
People asking who would have him after he's shown himself to be a bit of a trouble maker... He's the sort of player West Ham would go for!

I don't get that question anyway. There is always a club daft enough to sign a player no matter what kind of history he has. That's how Balotelli still finds new clubs after all those years. People either don't have other options or think they can fix the guy. Just like we had quite a few people saying that Rodgers might be exactly the kind of manager Balotelli needs. Something that had already been said about Mancini when Balotelli went to Man City and it still went tits up...

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1943 on: January 12, 2017, 01:13:17 pm »
Surprised Chelsea or United haven't taken a punt, he's a good short term fix if you have unlimited money
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1944 on: January 12, 2017, 01:31:47 pm »
Don't have a problem with players wanting to move for more money etc etc.  It is a business after all.

But while you're at a club, unless you're treated very badly, you make yourself available and give your all when called upon.

Unless there is something we're not privvy to (which is possible I suppose), Payet is coming across as a right twat and exactly the type of player you wouldn't want anywhere near your club.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1945 on: January 12, 2017, 02:09:08 pm »

Unless there is something we're not privvy to (which is possible I suppose)

Not at a club as well run as West Ham!

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #1946 on: January 12, 2017, 04:26:25 pm »
Not been a great year for WH

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #1947 on: January 12, 2017, 05:01:54 pm »
Not at a club as well run as West Ham!

Haha!
He'll be off to China for £40 million and 400k per week.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1948 on: January 12, 2017, 05:10:11 pm »
Surprised Chelsea or United haven't taken a punt, he's a good short term fix if you have unlimited money
it's not like chelsea are struggling. He'd be behind Wilkian and Pedro
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1949 on: January 12, 2017, 06:00:57 pm »
Lazy entitled fuck. Should concentrate on losing some weight first.

One good season at a mid table Prem side, decent Euros and he seems to think he should be at Madrid.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1950 on: January 12, 2017, 11:25:51 pm »

Yeah, but apparently he didn't want to leave and his family want to leave London. The transfer was due to Marseille's then precarious financial situation, as moves for the likes of Thauvin were taking too long. He also went on strike at St. Etienne, when they rejected a bid for him PSG. He ended up turning back up to training, but was demoted to the reserves for a week. He also left Le Havre under acrimonious circumstances . The Guardian's article suggests Marseille is the only club he wants to join. I can't see them offering crazy money for a player who is 30 in March.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1951 on: January 12, 2017, 11:32:19 pm »
They apparently made a £19m bid for him

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1952 on: January 12, 2017, 11:42:40 pm »

Looks like he spent the summer in Greggs..not representing France

Takes a good free kick..does nothing else..worth about what WHU paid for him..so much for Gold's 50 million summer valuation
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1953 on: January 12, 2017, 11:49:15 pm »
a fine footballer but somethings not right with him. a player with that talent cant stay under the radar until their late 20s. i knew of him earlier but never realised he had the kind of ability he showed last season. most likely he has an attitude problem.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1954 on: January 12, 2017, 11:56:15 pm »
a fine footballer but somethings not right with him. a player with that talent cant stay under the radar until their late 20s. i knew of him earlier but never realised he had the kind of ability he showed last season. most likely he has an attitude problem.

He left Le Havre to move back to Reunion, amidst criticism about his lack of motivation and being accused of being difficult. His manager at Nantes reserve side claimed he was a great player, despite being indifferent. He refused to turn up to training while with St. Etienne, after they turned down a bid from PSG. He was also accused of lacking maturity when playing for them. Seems like the type of player, who works (like when he was with Marseille), when the system is built around him and he no other responsibilities.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #1955 on: January 13, 2017, 12:07:00 am »
Payet seeing his arse and wanting out was probably the most predictable thing about this season.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1956 on: January 13, 2017, 01:06:34 am »
Payet seeing his arse and wanting out was probably the most predictable thing about this season.

If he was so desperate to go back to France, it's a surprise he signed a new deal in the summer, when he was highly sought after the Euros.

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1957 on: January 13, 2017, 01:24:56 am »
According to Julien Laurens it's his missus and kids that want away. Apparently they haven't settled at all, his kids hate it here etc. He says that Payet is a huge family man above all else and stubborn as they come so he'll stick to his word, but it sounds like he's just desperate to get back to France as opposed to chasing more money or a bigger club in England.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1958 on: January 13, 2017, 09:51:53 am »
A lot of what is detailed on here is how Payet ended up at West Ham in the first place.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #1959 on: January 13, 2017, 10:15:18 am »
According to Julien Laurens it's his missus and kids that want away.
That old chestnut...