Author Topic: Russia's involvement  (Read 6904 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Russia's involvement
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2017, 08:00:36 pm »
Senate intelligence confirming essentially what I initially posted about Russias involvement in Montenegro and now in different european countries

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2017, 09:50:57 am »
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2017, 11:15:31 am »
Paul Ryan mentioned yesterday that he thinks it is important to investigate for a few reasons including the upcoming European elections. He must have been informed about the scope of Russia's involvement in other elections, not just in the US.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #43 on: April 3, 2017, 01:50:14 am »
Comment on dit en Belgique ou La France, quelle surprise!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #44 on: April 3, 2017, 02:49:54 pm »
Obama's counterterrorism advisor, Lisa Monaco, did an interview with Politico. It's not got any particularly new revelations about Russian involvement within the US election but it does confirm some more about why the Obama administration acted as it did during the election as well as why the evidence which directly points at Russia is somewhat hazy.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/04/obama-russia-hacking-trump-214976

By going public before the election with evidence that the Kremlin was trying to help Donald Trump , the Obama team feared, they’d be accused of intervening to help Hillary Clinton. So they mostly kept quiet despite intense lobbying from fellow Democrats to say more before the voting.

“We treated it very much in the way that we have done other malicious activity by cyber actors,” Monaco says, choosing to turn the case over to the FBI and intelligence agencies to figure out how and when to “attribute” the attack publicly without giving away the evidence used to reach that conclusion. “We applied the same framework that we have in other contexts, whether it was China stealing intellectual property, whether it’s Iran committing denial of service attacks on our financial institutions, whether it’s North Korea in the Sony attack,” Monaco says. “We applied a framework and a playbook that we have done many times.”

There are also suggestions (eg NYT) that GCHQ here were among the first to flag up to the Americans that the DNC hacks were being directed from Russia. GCHQ have certainly written to political parties offering them assistance with protecting their systems in light of what happened in the States and Germany and other places all linked to what is being labelled as Russian hacking. (Reuters).

It's not often you get the French, the Germans, us and the Americans all on the same page about something. It would suggest either everyone has gone stark raving bonkers or that there is something there - no matter how coy Western intelligence agencies are being with the precise details of how they know.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #45 on: April 3, 2017, 03:38:04 pm »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-diplomats-deaths-theories-putin-kremlin-a7602201.html

Unexpected deaths of six Russian diplomats in four months triggers conspiracy theories

Several deaths have been described as 'heart attacks' or the result of a 'brief illness' by officials, in some cases despite evidence to the contrary

Could of course be unrelated to each other and perfectly natural. Could also be something else.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2018, 11:11:37 am »
Kremlin critic Bill Browder arrested by Spanish authorities

Bill Browder@Billbrowder
Urgent: Just was arrested by Spanish police in Madrid on a Russian Interpol arrest warrant. Going to the police station right now

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2018, 11:20:57 am »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2018, 11:33:05 am »
Released.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44301072

Just saw that

Bill Browder@Billbrowder
Good news. Spanish National Police just released me after Interpol General Secretary in Lyon advised them not to honor the new Russian Interpol Red Notice. This is the 6th time that Russia has abused Interpol in my case

Bill Browder@Billbrowder
Ironically, the reason I’m in Madrid is to give evidence to senior Spanish anti Russian mafia prosecutor Jose Grinda about the huge amount of money from the Magnitsky case that flowed to Spain. Now that I’m released my mission carries on. Meeting with Prosector Grinda now

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2018, 12:34:02 pm »
Lest it hasn't been mentioned in this thread before, Browder and Magnitsky have revealed deep and total corruption within Russia, at the very highest level. His senate hearing is nothing short of a spy thriller with gruesome details. https://www.c-span.org/video/?431852-1/william-browder-overturning-magnitsky-act-putins-top-priority (starts around 7 minutes in)
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline the oxonian

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2018, 04:33:20 pm »
That Magnistsky case was written about in "Deception" by Edward Lucas, even if half of what was written is true its quite scary

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2018, 05:53:12 pm »
Ukraine staged the murder of a Russian dissident journalist in Kiev on Tuesday in what it said was a sting operation to foil a Russian assassination

Arkady Babchenko sent shockwaves around the world when he arrived at a press conference on Wednesday, less than 24 hours after he was reported dead.

The head of Ukraine's security services, Vasyl Hrytsak, said the elaborate sting was set up to catch hitmen paid by Russian forces.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-44307611?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2018, 07:29:51 pm »
Ukraine staged the murder of a Russian dissident journalist in Kiev on Tuesday in what it said was a sting operation to foil a Russian assassination

Arkady Babchenko sent shockwaves around the world when he arrived at a press conference on Wednesday, less than 24 hours after he was reported dead.

The head of Ukraine's security services, Vasyl Hrytsak, said the elaborate sting was set up to catch hitmen paid by Russian forces.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2018, 08:38:08 pm »

I am very confused
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2018, 09:51:08 pm »
I am very confused

Maybe the Ukrainian Secret Service also faked the Ramos wrestling move on Saleh whilst they were at it. ;)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2018, 10:24:08 pm »
Those Russian paid hit men will be looking over their shoulders for awhile methinks.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2018, 08:29:33 am »
Very interesting interview. Her book Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe is great. I believe tend to lean conservative (she says she is centre-right), but as a rational one, who has no time for what she terms as "the conservative media entertainment complex" and the anti-intellectualism of the contemporary GOP.

It's a good read, her family background gives her "skin in the game" and of course, that of her spouse and his background.
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2018, 11:01:56 am »
next they'll say Britain faked the death of Skripal's cat and guinea pigs
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.