Author Topic: Defending your home from burglars  (Read 22621 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Defending your home from burglars
« Reply #200 on: July 3, 2011, 12:38:45 pm »
Well as I sleep naked, the sight of my enormous manhood would have broken their spirits and they'd have given themselves up.
;D

The noble art of unarmed deflation; never better displayed than in this example.

Let this be a lesson to us all, sleep naked and dream long.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #201 on: July 3, 2011, 12:53:50 pm »
Most people who are killed in home robberies are the ones who have the weapon taken from them and get killed with their own glof club/ baseball bat/ shooter.

Nothing worse than being gloffed to death.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
« Reply #202 on: July 3, 2011, 03:36:56 pm »
From the Country of Liverpool

Offline Smashedin

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: July 3, 2011, 05:35:56 pm »
I'm not saying the current system is rubbish, or that there aren't much worse ones in other parts of the world; however it's not the greatest commendation for a system, to argue that it is better than that in zimbabwe/iraq etc.

Luckily, as scientific advances continue apace, a jury has more impartial evidence to use when coming to a decision rather than overrelying on deciding between two slick operators, who by your own admission are engaged in something of a game. If someone guilty gets off, is the defence lawyer entitled to celebrate?

I also don't know how people can defend those they know are guilty of serial violent crimes; I guess that's why I couldn't do the job.

My comparison was not to commend our system, but to demonstrate the outcome of your "welcomed revolution".

And in response to your celebrate comment - That person is no longer guilty under the eyes of the law. The media take pleasure in emphasising cases where alleged guilty criminals escape the law; however, there is a reason UK prisons are full to the brink, and that is that the majority of guilty criminal brought before a court are put away.

In the moral respect - would a doctor celebrate saving the life of a criminal brought to him by the paramedics?

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: July 4, 2011, 05:11:37 pm »
This reminds me of a couple of months ago, was playing pro evo upstairs in the front room of the house, and as i walked past the window noticed a lad, must of been about 16, black trackie, dark hat etc stood opposite watching the house. Kept an eye on him but he wasnt doing anything. Anyway about half 1 (middle of the day) me dad left for work so the path was clear of cars, looked like no one was in. As im playing pro i hear someone try and open the door. Ours is a handle but you need a key to turn it even when its unlocked, at first i thought it was me brother coming home but i thought he has a key he knows how the door works why is he rattling it so much. Then from upstairs i look out and see the lad peering in the windows, then gets on his mobile n starts chattin. Thought fuck this, look like he's calling his 'mates' to come down as he thinks theres no one in. He was sittin on our garden wall, so i thought fuck it il let him know im here so he fucks off, i opened the door and half ran at him going what the fuck do you want? should have seen him shit it, just bailed up the road. turns out theres loads of houses getting done round by ours, all trying the same thing on doors with them plastic handles.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: July 4, 2011, 05:34:58 pm »
I've survived a home invasion in the states, with a shotgun.  I won't fuck about when it comes to protecting my Wife first and myself second.  Glad to know I can now use a blade if the situation arises.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #206 on: July 4, 2011, 09:41:03 pm »
I just let Andy Carroll lose on them. The feckers run like they have never ran before.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #207 on: July 5, 2011, 01:42:47 am »
There's a bit of knee jerk here about this issue (It is RAWK after all).

However, the law doesn't need changing it already works if you're using reasonable force.

By the way, if it is extended to this wild west shoot out idea hasn't anyone thought of the burglars? They're not going to sit there saying in a Dig Dastardly way "Drat, and double drat" - NO, we'll get "Oh, the law has changed, I'm off to rob. I better take a gun/knife/2 Chopper "Persuaders" to protect MYSELF from the owner as I'm fair game in there" - result WWF/UCF every Friday night with burglars and owners tooling themselves up to the eyeballs.

Result, more murders and serious injuries.

More. Tory. Pandering.

So we should just let them have protection under the law because they'll escalate? They probably already carry knives as the owner isn't going to just sit there and say "Oh go ahead, it's against the law for me to stop you".

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #208 on: July 5, 2011, 05:31:09 am »
So we should just let them have protection under the law because they'll escalate? They probably already carry knives as the owner isn't going to just sit there and say "Oh go ahead, it's against the law for me to stop you".

All this seems to be based on the assumption that burglars enter your house with the intention of attacking you. They don't. The best way to defend your home from burglars is with window locks and other security and to make sure you've got insurance cover.

All the rest is macho bullshit.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #209 on: July 5, 2011, 08:56:48 am »
Only a complete shithouse wouldn't do whatever is necessary to protect his family and his home.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline marko35s

• Kopite
« Reply #210 on: July 5, 2011, 09:57:14 am »
All this seems to be based on the assumption that burglars enter your house with the intention of attacking you. They don't. The best way to defend your home from burglars is with window locks and other security and to make sure you've got insurance cover.

All the rest is macho bullshit.
Maybe where you live.
Some places they are more than happy for you to be at home.

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #211 on: July 5, 2011, 09:59:54 am »
Maybe where you live.
Some places they are more than happy for you to be at home.

Tinseltown?
It is most odd.

Offline marko35s

• Kopite
« Reply #212 on: July 5, 2011, 10:55:56 am »

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #213 on: July 5, 2011, 02:36:35 pm »
Is it legal to own something that ugly?

apparently it is. Look at Michael Mols's wife:
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: July 8, 2011, 12:27:21 pm »
there were a couple of controversial cases in Ireland a few years ago where some burglar got killed by the home owner.
as far as I'm concerned if you cross someones threshold unannounced with bad intentions, then you surrender all rights.
you can't expect to be protected by the law while in the process of breaking it at the same time.
I wouldn't think twice about clocking some fucker who came into my home, though I'd probably just shit my pants.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #215 on: July 8, 2011, 02:58:17 pm »
This happened 2 minutes walk away from where I live..

Suspected burglar stabbed during raid at house in Birkenhead

A SUSPECTED burglar was stabbed during a raid at a Wirral house.

Police sealed off Clifton Road, Birkenhead, this morning after an elderly householder fought off a night time raid by two men – leaving one of them with knife wounds.

The 72-year-old suffered cuts to his face during a struggle with the men at 5.30am. The men, both aged 39 and from Birkenhead were in custody this morning.

Stunned neighbours saluted the have-a-go-hero’s actions as they woke up to police tape blocking their street and traffic diversions.

Dave Hughes, 46, said: "I was up at 6am when they were putting the tape up and I spoke to a police officer.

"They said that two people had broken into a house and the occupier had stabbed one of them.

"People who break in deserve everything they get."

Joanne Russell said: "I think they got here between 6am and 7am. My partner left at 4.30am and there was no sign of anything then.

"My daughter woke me up. It makes me feel sick seeing all these police here. It’s scary."

Two patrol cars remained at the scene this morning, protecting evidence, but there was no sign of CID or forensic support at the semi detached, turn of the century home.

Locals were being turned away from the junction of Borough Road and Clifton Road near the Birkenhead Tunnel flyover.

A neighbour, who did not wish to be named, added: "It’s obviously something very serious. I first became aware of this when we brought the kids out to get them to school.

"It’s fairly worrying to have something like this happen when you have a young family. It makes you wonder if you want to go on living here."

Less than a week ago justice minister Ken Clarke said it was acceptable for a homeowner to pick up a knife and stab a burglar. He said that an act of Parliament would be used to "clarify" the existing legal right to use "reasonable force" against intruders.

His remarks were prompted by the arrest of a householder after a burglar was stabbed in Salford the previous week.

Mr Clarke added it would remain illegal to pursue intruders, to attack them or to shoot them as they fled.

Mr Clarke said: "If an old lady finds she has got an 18 year-old burgling her house and she picks up a kitchen knife and sticks it in him she has not committed a criminal offence and we will make that clear."

http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-news/local-wirral-news/2011/07/06/suspected-burglar-stabbed-during-raid-at-house-in-birkenhead-80491-29003702/

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: July 8, 2011, 03:39:40 pm »
Shame the two rats are still alive but well done to the old fella anyway.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #217 on: July 8, 2011, 03:50:28 pm »
Shame the two rats are still alive but well done to the old fella anyway.
BIG TIME mate. I'll definitely buy the arl fella a pint when I find out who he is.

Online hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #218 on: July 8, 2011, 06:40:43 pm »
Leave your lights  on downstairs, you'll not get burgled then. Unfortunately a lad I know from school days is on his 3rd stretch and thats always been his advice.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #219 on: July 8, 2011, 09:23:10 pm »
As far as i'm concerned water boarding, electric shock, flaying alive, hanging, drawing and quartering is reasonable force. As soon as you illegally pass my threshold your mine.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline pepecat

• Main Stander
« Reply #220 on: July 8, 2011, 11:55:14 pm »
I'm not up for knifing someone. My knives are in the kitchen, well away from where I sleep. My graddad fought so that I don't have to fear being attacked in the middle of the night. I pay my taxes, hopefully, towards a society where no-one is so desperate that he has to burgle me. If he does, he can have my telly and laptop: I'm not going to fight him for it. The chances of it happening, in most of England, including Liverpool, are slim. And when the burglar is caught (which he will be, eventually because he will be a disorganized drug addict, not a professional criminal) he will go to prison.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2011, 11:57:45 pm by pepecat »

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 9, 2011, 12:02:23 am »
What colour's the sky in your world?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #222 on: July 9, 2011, 12:05:14 am »
I'd have any ballbag attemptin' to fleece me hangin' off the tallest buildin' I could find by his balls.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: July 9, 2011, 12:07:35 am »
My graddad fought so that I don't have to fear being attacked in the middle of the night.

Not being funny but I think he probably fought to stop the Nazis taking over Europe to be honest. Probably wasn't thinking about his future progeny's progeny being too fearful to accost an intruder in his own home.  :P
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #224 on: July 9, 2011, 03:05:53 am »
If somebody broke into my house right now I would have no problem stabbing them in the neck with a carving knife. If I go to jail because of it then fair enough, as long as my family are safe I couldn't give a fuck.

Obviously common sense should be in the favour of the homeowner but since when has the law followed common sense.

Burglars are shithouses and should be fucked up whenever possible. Smackhead bastards.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #225 on: July 9, 2011, 03:15:32 pm »
If somebody broke into my house right now I would have no problem stabbing them in the neck with a carving knife.

You'd need to finish your post and spell check it hun  ::)

the image this thread gives me....

Fellow RAWKites at night
« Last Edit: July 9, 2011, 03:17:29 pm by Mashy-rawr!nooo »
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2011, 02:26:23 pm »
You can drag them back in and beat fuck out of them in the house though.
:lmao
On a more serious note, I find myself loving the Tories these days. I am even reading the Daily Telegraph every morning now.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #227 on: July 19, 2011, 02:32:33 pm »
I'm not up for knifing someone. My knives are in the kitchen, well away from where I sleep. My graddad fought so that I don't have to fear being attacked in the middle of the night. I pay my taxes, hopefully, towards a society where no-one is so desperate that he has to burgle me. If he does, he can have my telly and laptop: I'm not going to fight him for it. The chances of it happening, in most of England, including Liverpool, are slim. And when the burglar is caught (which he will be, eventually because he will be a disorganized drug addict, not a professional criminal) he will go to prison.
Dear, oh dear.

Offline Naughtykid

• Ignore everyone else, listen to me. I SAID LISTEN TO ME!!! Oi! Where are you all going?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2011, 02:40:57 pm »
Would you like to buy some magic beans?

My biggest fear is my house getting done when I'm in. I think I'd have to make him disappear, as the thought of revenge attacks by his mates would mean I'd never get any sleep at night.

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 3, 2012, 09:04:23 pm »
Just found out that I live in the third most burgled postcode in the country......

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/the-most-burgled-places-in-britain.html
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #230 on: February 4, 2012, 01:15:33 am »
Ivwas burgled for the first time last week. you never know how bad it is until your own home is violated.

Despite any rules or laws i can safely say that should they ever return i will mercilessly beat the fuck out of them
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #231 on: February 4, 2012, 10:55:43 pm »
:lmao
On a more serious note, I find myself loving the Tories these days. I am even reading the Daily Telegraph every morning now.

Are we allowed to beat the shit out of you for that too?
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 4, 2012, 11:55:09 pm »
I keep my cricket bat and my golf clubs in my bedroom, I can safely say, if anyone breaks into my house they will receive several smacks around the head with some form of sporting equipment.

Offline Perkins

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepare to be Skrtelised
« Reply #233 on: February 5, 2012, 12:06:18 am »
I would batter them and then bum them. They wouldn't go the police then

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
To avoid murdering each other, you'll have to keep yourselves anaesthetised with DVD boxsets and the occasional holiday. Life partner? Joy thief, more like

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 6, 2012, 12:02:13 am »
I would batter them and then bum them. They wouldn't go the police then

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I now know there's a phone up for grabs at yours.Sleep with one eye open! :D

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2017, 06:03:48 pm »
Meanwhile, out in the boonies, a green light has possibly just been given for new form of open season ....

Farmer, 83, cleared over shooting man on his land .... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-39233017

....Mr Hugill's son, David, 50, said Humberside Police took 15 hours to respond to a call he made at 02:23 GMT to report a suspected diesel theft at the farm.

He said the farm had experienced problems with poaching and attempted diesel thefts.

"The police are pushed to the limit and can't cover the countryside, and people have the right to protect their property in the middle of the night when there is no response or back-up," he said....

It's difficult to argue with what his son says there, I've been led to believe there are now only two Policemen out on patrol (real ones and not PCSO's) to cover our region here in Devon between 8pm and 8am or something around that, and it's pretty much the size of Merseyside, and that when you do call the Police, apparently you're put through to a call centre somewhere in Wales that has no local knowledge.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2017, 06:11:49 pm »
It's a tough situation to be in really.

You're shaken by the whole event, possibly just woken up, now pumping with adrenaline and somebody is in the house who might potentially harm or kill you and your family. Personally i'm of the opinion that unless it's incredibly obvious that the defender has gone out of their way to use excessive force (stabbing/shooting them when they're down and out) then it should be fair game.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2017, 12:32:15 pm »
It's a tough situation to be in really.

You're shaken by the whole event, possibly just woken up, now pumping with adrenaline and somebody is in the house who might potentially harm or kill you and your family. Personally i'm of the opinion that unless it's incredibly obvious that the defender has gone out of their way to use excessive force (stabbing/shooting them when they're down and out) then it should be fair game.

I think that's the current realism anyway isn't it? But not 'the law'. It's pragmatism from the authorities I suppose. Like speeding. If you want to save lives by having everyone drive say, less than 50 on a certain stretch of road, you make the speed limit 40 rather than 50 knowing that a significant proportion of people will overstep the mark a bit whatever the mark is. A 'buffer zone' where you give people a slapped wrist. In the case of burglars it's to prevent them from feeling their lives are in danger and need to tool up on every job. If I'm going to be burgled (again), I'd rather it wasn't a smackhead who now carries a baseball bat with nails in it or worse. It's a balancing act to prevent a US-style arms race I guess.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2017, 01:40:40 pm »
Have zero sympathy to anything that happens to people that break into others houses personally

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2017, 02:07:05 pm »
That is the system working. It is exactly the kind of case that the jury rather than the CPS should decide.