Author Topic: Jose Manuel Reina  (Read 272489 times)

Offline pipebender

• Main Stander
Re: Jose Manuel Reina
« Reply #2880 on: March 1, 2012, 08:28:25 pm »
I'd like to add something as a Spaniard here... The ad director is Javier Fesser, a famous film director here in Spain. This guy has been shooting charitable films for Haiti reconstruction projects and against bullying in African schools. You can check it out here

http://agoranews.es/2009/10/16/iker-casillas-bajo-las-ordenes-de-javier-fesser-protagoniza-la-campana-paremos-la-violencia-en-las-escuelas/
http://www.telemadrid.es/?q=noticias/madrid/noticia/micropolix-canta-por-haiti-con-javier-fesser-carlos-jean-y-los-chicos-del-co
http://plan-espana.org/prensa-y-publicaciones/noticias/casillas-y-famosos-apoyan-haiti

So if someone finds the ad remotely racist it's ok I guess.. but that Woolley, whoever he is, has no idea what he is talking about.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #2881 on: March 1, 2012, 08:35:48 pm »

And that makes the grandstanding seem even more vulgar and crude doesn't it?
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2882 on: March 1, 2012, 08:55:47 pm »
Surely we've found ourselves a tune for a Reina song now, it's majorly stuck in my head!

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2883 on: March 1, 2012, 08:56:27 pm »
I'm a black British man with African origins and I do not find this advert in any way offensive. Naturally it would be interpreted in several ways by different audiences but stereotypes in television are somewhat needed in order to fit or speed up the narrative. For example if this had been an African television advert involving Latin Americans we may very well have seen maracas being shaken or a sombrero being worn for Africans to quickly identify with. Now, it may seem simple for a King to have wanted a 'Queen' but in how many situations worldwide does a King just demand their Queen? Not too many to my mind and even so, the common theme throughout all of these adverts is humour at Reina finding himself in awkward/difficult situations. That African crowd could have been a bunch of heavies from the rough parts of Madrid but I don't think I would be alone in trying to find the humorous elements in that.

I fully understand the work that the OBV are involved in and thoroughly back them in their efforts to minimalise racism but this is all of the media's work. Some idiot has been searching anything they can to dig up more dirt on this football club. Unfortunately for OBV, they were silly enough to take the bait. Why were campaign representatives for Kick It Out not informed? Well, they most likely were and declined to comment so this pathetic little journalist sought out as many Anti-racism organisations as he could before being able to get a quote from a credible source thus allowing him to run the story. Absolute nonsense.

The name of this club is being smeared through the mud and extremely lazy journalism like this needs to be eradicated. Blame whoever you want for that advert but leave Pepe Reina and Liverpool FC out of it.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2884 on: March 1, 2012, 09:00:43 pm »
"Honey Monster Caught In Race Row After Choco Puffs Advert Pulled"

• Ad depicts Honey Monster "noshing" Choco Puffs
• Complaint leads to homophobic and racist parents having to buy Ready Brek to feed hungry children. Or make toast.

Another breakfast cereal star player was at the centre of a race row on Wednesday after an advert featuring the hairy Honey Monster was pulled after a complaint about its depiction of racial and sexual stereotypes, reports chief hack, Macca8888.

The video, an ad for a sickly sweet and not particularly nutritious breakfast cereal, was withdrawn from TV following a complaint from Operation Breakfast Equality, a non‑political campaigning group. Breakfast cereals in general have been widely criticised for their handling of the Coco Rocks Monkey affair this season, which resulted in him receiving an eight shelf ban for suggesting that monkeys had bigger testicles than Tony The Tiger.

The ad depicts Honey Monster eating a bowl of the Choco Puffs lasciviously while licking a spoon like Nigella Lawson. While possibly fondling his own hairy penis. We don't know that because the camera only panned over his top half.
The Lucky Charms Leprechaun, the OBE director, said: "I'm shocked on so many levels. Firstly, how would Honey Monster feel if the Snap, Crackle and Pop fairies depicted all Monsters as backward, stupid, and animalistic homosexuals? It's obvious that eating "Choco Puffs" it's a metaphor for oral sex with gay black people. And licking the bowl? Obviously he thinks all gay blacks love a good rimming off hairy monsters. Secondly, what does this say about Honey Monster himself? The furry fat twat has been selling his shitty cereals for years, dating back to the days of the sexist Benny Hill Show star Henry McGee; does he think it's OK to characterise black people as puffs? Does he think the Puritanical Quaker Oats Quaker will laugh at his joke? It's back in the fifties this kind of stuff. Honey Monster said he was 'going to withdraw it immediately but have done nothing wrong. But if you're upset then I apologise'.

"Given that Honey Monster is trying to move forward from the Coco Pops Monkey affair, it is a shame that he has caused offence by appearing in an advert that seems to come from a bygone era. Those who are old enough might remember those despicable Um Bongo ads for tasty drinks of the 1970s."

The Coco Rocks Monkey was found guilty of laughing at Tony The Tiger's sexual inadequacy at a breakfast commission hearing, following an incident in which he said "Tony The Tiger, your bollocks are tttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyy."

Following his suspension for the offence the Coco Rocks Monkey refused to situate his cereal next to Frosties on the Asda supermarket shelf, which reignited the row.

But following declining sales of the bigger than Coco Pops but essentially similar tasting cereal, Coco Rocks Monkey apologised. "I have spoken with the Asda manager and I realise I got things wrong. I've not only let the sales team down, but also the shelf stackers and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened," he said.

Cornelius the Cornflakes Cockerel declined to comment.

www.youcouldntfuckingmakeitup.com
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2885 on: March 1, 2012, 09:04:18 pm »

'Kin hell. :lmao

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2886 on: March 1, 2012, 09:12:17 pm »

nailed on daniel taylor runs with that in the morning

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2887 on: March 1, 2012, 09:19:06 pm »

Offline Mohsosa

• Main Stander
« Reply #2888 on: March 1, 2012, 09:28:52 pm »

Haha really miss your posts from when rafa was here.
Our fantastic keeper, striker and comedian - you could feel the tension release.

https://i.imgur.com/Iv9L3Qt.gif

They can waste as much time as they want in the lower leagues...

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2889 on: March 1, 2012, 10:06:54 pm »
Racism in sport on Question Time 10.30.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2890 on: March 1, 2012, 10:11:25 pm »
Ta for the heads up.

I'll give it less than 60 seconds before the words, 'Liverpool'  or ' Suarez' are mentioned as the route of all evil in the world today, starting wars, and causing famine and pestilence throughout the world.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2891 on: March 1, 2012, 10:12:09 pm »

It's going to wind me up isn't it?

EDIT: Fucking hell, just seen Clarke Carlisle's on it. Definitely going to wind me up.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2892 on: March 1, 2012, 10:16:27 pm »

EDIT: Fucking hell, just seen Clarke Carlisle's on it. Definitely going to wind me up.
anything with that tit on is well worth avoiding - his appearance on 5 live after the guilty verdict was proof that he's a bandwagon jumping tit.

only thing that would make it worse would be if jason roberts was on it - twit and twat personified

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2893 on: March 1, 2012, 10:18:24 pm »

yeah as soon as I seen him mentioned I knew we are going to be mentioned  ::)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2894 on: March 1, 2012, 10:20:43 pm »

• Ad depicts Honey Monster "noshing" Choco Puffs
• Complaint leads to homophobic and racist parents having to buy Ready Brek to feed hungry children. Or make toast.

Another breakfast cereal star player was at the centre of a race row on Wednesday after an advert featuring the hairy Honey Monster was pulled after a complaint about its depiction of racial and sexual stereotypes, reports chief hack, Macca8888.

The video, an ad for a sickly sweet and not particularly nutritious breakfast cereal, was withdrawn from TV following a complaint from Operation Breakfast Equality, a non‑political campaigning group. Breakfast cereals in general have been widely criticised for their handling of the Coco Rocks Monkey affair this season, which resulted in him receiving an eight shelf ban for suggesting that monkeys had bigger testicles than Tony The Tiger.

The ad depicts Honey Monster eating a bowl of the Choco Puffs lasciviously while licking a spoon like Nigella Lawson. While possibly fondling his own hairy penis. We don't know that because the camera only panned over his top half.
The Lucky Charms Leprechaun, the OBE director, said: "I'm shocked on so many levels. Firstly, how would Honey Monster feel if the Snap, Crackle and Pop fairies depicted all Monsters as backward, stupid, and animalistic homosexuals? It's obvious that eating "Choco Puffs" it's a metaphor for oral sex with gay black people. And licking the bowl? Obviously he thinks all gay blacks love a good rimming off hairy monsters. Secondly, what does this say about Honey Monster himself? The furry fat twat has been selling his shitty cereals for years, dating back to the days of the sexist Benny Hill Show star Henry McGee; does he think it's OK to characterise black people as puffs? Does he think the Puritanical Quaker Oats Quaker will laugh at his joke? It's back in the fifties this kind of stuff. Honey Monster said he was 'going to withdraw it immediately but have done nothing wrong. But if you're upset then I apologise'.

"Given that Honey Monster is trying to move forward from the Coco Pops Monkey affair, it is a shame that he has caused offence by appearing in an advert that seems to come from a bygone era. Those who are old enough might remember those despicable Um Bongo ads for tasty drinks of the 1970s."

The Coco Rocks Monkey was found guilty of laughing at Tony The Tiger's sexual inadequacy at a breakfast commission hearing, following an incident in which he said "Tony The Tiger, your bollocks are tttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyy."

Following his suspension for the offence the Coco Rocks Monkey refused to situate his cereal next to Frosties on the Asda supermarket shelf, which reignited the row.

But following declining sales of the bigger than Coco Pops but essentially similar tasting cereal, Coco Rocks Monkey apologised. "I have spoken with the Asda manager and I realise I got things wrong. I've not only let the sales team down, but also the shelf stackers and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened," he said.

Cornelius the Cornflakes Cockerel declined to comment.

www.youcouldntfuckingmakeitup.com

:lmao ...cracker that
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline AlanMc

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #2895 on: March 1, 2012, 10:21:36 pm »

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2896 on: March 1, 2012, 10:32:29 pm »
I love Macca I inherited them comments under my avatar because of him when we used to play out together  ;D

Offline SmithyTheRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2897 on: March 1, 2012, 10:43:02 pm »
nailed on daniel taylor runs with that in the morning

That Daniel Taylor is fast becoming the biggest tool in media.
Red

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2898 on: March 1, 2012, 10:45:13 pm »
That Daniel Taylor is fast becoming the biggest tool in media.
getting close to Henry 'Stuart Pearce once had an unfortunate incident with Paul ince' winter

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #2899 on: March 1, 2012, 10:56:13 pm »
Maybe I'm a fucking thicko but someone shed some light on why this advert is even considered to be remotely offensive?

JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2900 on: March 1, 2012, 10:59:49 pm »
getting close to Henry 'Stuart Pearce once had an unfortunate incident with Paul ince' winter

Or Oliver "is calling someone a black c*nt racist?" Holt.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2901 on: March 1, 2012, 11:04:47 pm »
Maybe I'm a fucking thicko but someone shed some light on why this advert is even considered to be remotely offensive?

Because it's a Liverpool player, and we're whipping boy of the month.

If this was a player from another club, it wouldn't even make the news desk cutting room floor.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2902 on: March 1, 2012, 11:12:30 pm »

Not possible
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2903 on: March 1, 2012, 11:13:31 pm »
This was a thread about our goalie not his own goals.
Yep.