Author Topic: Anthony Le Tallec  (Read 125410 times)

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
Re:Bascombe on Le Tallec and Sunday
« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2003, 12:38:50 am »
Well I find that Anfield is getting worse every season and that certain players are taking more and more stick because of who they are rather than their actual performances and the same would happen to ALT.

It may only be a minority but it does come across in particular with Anfield being so dull, give me away games any day of the week.
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2003, 12:46:58 am »
... but it is up to US to NOT to get on his back. For me, there is no pressure, and would like to think I speak for most on this. We can't let the boo-boys become the majority. It would be absolutely fatal. We all understand he's young, or should do at least, and when you are young, you make mistakes. But LFC is a club ALL about supporting their players. Fuck the usual suspects and fuck the media whatever happens, get behind him, let him know he is being supported. He's got a good manager beside him... he'll be OK, but we have our job to do too.

Quite right, but I don't think it will work. I can't go to games, but I sense some kind of desperation at least on the message boards. There is no patience. Just think about Cheyrou, Igor and the Chelsea game. The right time to play ALT is IMO when we're winning, at home and we've  got some 20 mins to go. We should make it easy on the kid. Last year we thought Cheyrou would be an instant hit. When he wasn't, there was no patience at all. And BC was at least one of the top players in France. ALT and FSP are kids.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2003, 05:29:55 am »
I think we have discussed about whether we should put ALT on the bench or not in the Chelsea game last week and I think GH did the right thing to put him on the bench.  From what I heard from Stevie G's recent comments it seems to me that GH has already told ALT that he will not be considered for the 1st team this season but will be involved in Worthington Cup games.  So I don't think anybody should have any false expectation that he will star this year, the player himself included.  That is exactly why I think it will cause no harm if we have decided to give him 20 minutes against Chelsea because there is absolutely no pressure for the lad.

Cheyrou, on the other hand, is a totally different matter and I think it was a managerial mistake to put him in the starting XI.  As I mentioned on the other thread, what we didn't do well last year is not to give Cheyrou enough first team chances, and those chances should be the games like West Brom, etc.  The lad is 25, not 21 (Diouf) or 19 (Le Tallec) and if he is to fulfill his potential, then he will NEED TO perform NOW.  You can imagine the pressure for the lad when it comes for this season.  So what chance did we give him?  First game of season at Anfield, Chelsea visiting, nationalwide attention, without the central midfield duo.  That is the formulae of failure.  The better option is to start Diouf instead of Cheyrou and tell Cheyrou that he will come on if anyone injured and his chance will come say for Wolves / Portsmouth, etc.  Having said all that, I cannot buy the fact that Cheyrou did well enough and all his critics are hopeless moaners.  We have seen games long enough to know whether a player is playing well or not.  Bruno certainly wasn't playing well last Sunday -- he knows it, GH knows it, most of us knows it.  however I don't see too many people booing him when he came off and in that sense I think it is good for the fans.
We won it 6 times

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2003, 06:43:09 am »
I know the strength of my patience with players,
but cannot say the same for Ged, I dont know what he's thinking.
If we hit a poor run, I bet he starts earlier than is currently being indicated.
Ive got a mixed mind.
Part of me wants to see him play (his style) of football before we train it out of him and turn him into another cog in the wheel.
Part of me remembers my old mate Mike Coffey whose football career was over at the age of 19.
One of the most gifted left footers I'd ever seen, but career was wrecked by to many games as a youth.

Each must make his own mind up on LeTallent.
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline daddymac

• THE IGOR BISCAN FANCLUB
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2003, 11:27:10 am »
I'm sorry but i am just not buying this people looking for a scapegoat and chose Bruno nonsense.
He was poor and i mean poor on Sunday. It was obvious for all to see after a short time into the game.
He was (is?) not up to scratch. This is simply a fact (IMHO) and not looking for a scapegoat. We didn't play well enough on Sunday to win (enough to draw though?) and that was down to a number of factors including having to play with 10 players. Look at the difference the team had when Dioufy came on. We were playing with 11 players for the first time that afternoon. Ranieiri had to sub Johnson because Dioufy had him. He played with pace, tricks and a willingness for the ball - everything Cheyrou lacked.
He should have been subbed at half time as he really was awful. Booing him is not the answer but his performance lacked bottle and heart as well which for me is unacceptable. Igor on the other hand got stuck in, tried hard and i thought played well.

Rant over but the idea people are using Bruno as a scapegoat is just rubbish.
Babel's clincher was the absolute jizz on the tits.

Offline Aidan_B

• Trust me, I am a doctor. HJC Champions - Nov 2003
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gone, perhaps forgotten
    • EnviroBuild
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2003, 02:50:22 pm »
I'm in a slightly mixed mind because of things said earlier in this thread about Bruno.

I definitely did go into the game annoyed that he was starting over Dioufy.  This is of course completely wrong, and a completely incorrect attitude to take into the game, and as a result I might have been looking to pick negatives rather than positives.  If he starts again on Sunday I will try my very very best to look for everything good that he does, and ignore the slight errors that every player makes but you pick up on more if you are looking for.  The problem I have is that Cheyrou is the one player in our squad who I don't rate/like.  I can't necessarily decide why this is, but I can't help feeling it is down to a lack of heart and a lack of ability.  I still hope that he doesn't start against Villa, but if he does, or even if he comes on as a sub I will try harder to be on his side.

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2003, 08:07:40 am »
Agree 100% to daddymac.

A lot of those people who used the 'scapegoat' theory are finding the scapegoats themselves.  I think in general we played well given the circumstances and it is not the end of the world Chelsea are beating us at home.  I have no preconceptions against Cheyrou but to me there is no way he should have started ahead of Diouf and I think that is a fair statement.  

Diouf got better technique, better skills, and most importantly, better HEART.

To be honest when I saw Cheyrou on the 1st team sheet I was as astonished as all the other fans but I still gave him the benefit of the doubt that he haven't got a lot of chances last year so maybe GH gave him this chance to shine.

I can live with a few passes which went astray, I can live with him missing a shot from 6 yards, but I cannot live with a lack of heart.  I am certain that is the case when I saw Duff and Gronkjaer repeatedly breezed past him in the 2nd half while we were chasing the game.  

I think the most significant change when Diouf was introduced is that we have more fighting spirit in the midfield and that is painfully lacking beforehand.  Diouf was chasing the ball and the Chelsea players and shown a lot of heart -- it was not a coincidence that we have come back into the game when he was introduced.

I guess for all of those who believe in this 'scapegoat' theory -- just answer me a question : convince me why Bruno should be played ahead of Diouf from the first place.
We won it 6 times

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
Le Tallec - I'm ready for the first team now.
« Reply #167 on: September 2, 2003, 05:26:11 pm »
French starlet Anthony Le Tallec says he can't wait for the moment when Gerard Houllier tells him he's playing first team football for Liverpool.

Le Tallec, who arrived from Le Havre in the summer, has become an instant hit with Reds' fans following an impressive pre-season campaign, during which he netted his first goal for the Reds against Hong Kong.

The Liverpool manager admits he has been taken by surprise at the speed in which Le Tallec has settled into his new life at Anfield, and Houllier has hinted he is closer to a first team place than even he envisaged so early into the new season.

"I'm really pleased with the start I have made here," Le Tallec told Liverpoolfc.tv. "This is one of the most important clubs in the world and to think I am part of the first team squad here is very exciting.

"I'm a bit surprised to be so close to the first team already but at the same time I am very excited. Being part of the squad is a great experience for me and isn't something I expected so soon into my career here. I did well in pre-season and that helped me a lot. Now I just can't wait to make some appearances in the Premiership. That's my dream and my target."

Le Tallec's pre-season performances ensured he became an instant hit with Reds' fans all over the world. His skill and trickery as well as his eye for a pass and his ability to find the back of the net more than backed up Gerard Houllier's claim that this was a young "gem" of a talent.

"I enjoyed the pre-season games," Le Tallec said. "It was difficult in the early days here because I didn't know too many people and I was in a different country, but the players made me feel at home very quickly and from then on things got easier.

"It felt weird to be training with all of these star players, but I always believe in my talent and ability and I know the manager wouldn't have signed me if he didn't believe in me.

"It was important for me to have a good pre-season and to show the players and thefans what I could do. I felt that the games went well, and scoring a goal in Hong Kong was a real bonus as well.

"I couldn't be more settled here now. I love this club and want to do as well as I can here for as long as I can. It's great that the fans seem to like what they have seen from me, although I have to say I find it bizarre when I see supporters walking around with my name and number on their backs. It gives me a great feeling inside because it's always important to have the respect of the fans."

Le Tallec - who lists his hobbies away from football as "shopping and playing DVDs" - accepts performing in the Premiership is a completely different challenge to turning it on in friendly matches, but he says he is ready and willing to show what he can do whenever the manager hands him that first chance.

He said: "I feel ready to play in the first team. I know it will be hard for me to play regularly early on in my career because there are a lot of huge players here, world class players. But I want to be challenging them. I can promise I will give 100 per cent every time I wear the red shirt because I know what this club means to the supporters.

"I want to play as many first team games as possible this season, and I want my debut to come along as quickly as possible. We all have to have targets to aim for in football and mine is to break through here as soon as I can."

From the official site

Nice to see the lad is eager to get into the first team, but it would be foolish to throw him in at the deep end now. Ideally it would be better to put him into a side full of confidence and on some sort of unbeaten run.
I can see him being handed a first team place sooner rather than later though.
Justice for the 96.

Offline moomooscouser

• Main Stander
  • It's the Kops!
Re:Le Tallec - I'm ready for the first team now.
« Reply #168 on: September 2, 2003, 05:29:17 pm »
i wouldnt put him in an uefa game, a game against everton.... :D
Two hundred degrees, that's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit....

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 3, 2003, 01:15:50 am »
Yeah, RedBoywonder, I hope we keep him away from the light for some time. The ideal first time to play him is IMO as a sub when we're winning at home. Whatever he does, people will have an understanding for possible mistakes and in the end he'll be part of a winning team. Either that or throw him in when we're losing big, when no-one can expect him to change things in our favour.

It's good to know he's eager to play though. I like it! :D

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline HoullierGirl

• Anny Roader
« Reply #170 on: September 3, 2003, 01:45:31 am »
Agree that he needs to be played at a "non-pressured" time.

And I have every confidence that the manager feels the same.
[img width= height= alt=Up Yours" border="0]http://img106.exs.cx/img106/7650/hasselhoffianrecursion3tm.gif[/img]

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #171 on: September 3, 2003, 09:43:46 am »
I'd be happy if I thought we were keeping him as a secret weapon, to unleash onto the Prem when it suits us.
I fear, being left out of the side too long will take all the rawness away that is a very special talent.
If they train all his skills away in trade for a More Liverpool-like squad member it will be a great shame.
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline SteB

• Kopite
  • Our Reason, Our Inspiration, Our Pride. JFT 96
« Reply #172 on: September 3, 2003, 10:35:14 am »

If they train all his skills away in trade for a More Liverpool-like squad member it will be a great shame.

Thats my main worry mate, but from the little we have seen so far it looks like he already has the right work ethic aswell as the skill
What you see is what you get Youve made your bed, you better lie in it You choose your leaders and place your trust As their lies wash you down and their promises rust Youll see kidney machines replaced by rockets and guns And the public wants what the public gets But I dont get what this society wants

Offline Bannside Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Proud to be Red
Le Tallec Time
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2003, 11:28:40 am »
Don't want to sound impatient but I think the time is now right to give the lad a start in the first team.

The Press are now beginning to realise he is something special and I for one can't wait to see him play!

Offline -Duffy-

• HJC Champions - Nov 2003
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop for Kopites
Re:Le Tallec Time
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2003, 11:33:19 am »
I would also love to see him start but he hasn't been here long and it's a big change from the French league to the Premiership. I think it would be better if we brought him in slowly each game having a longer run to see if he can cope. If he can then yes we should play him but give it a couple of months first

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2003, 11:45:47 am »
I think this is an issue which will run for a while. We have to remain patient, we have to allow the lad time to develop.

No matter how impressed I have been with him, I keep on telling myself we are doing well enough and that he is still developing. We should remember that he did not set the world alight in France last season, so there is still development in him.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

hoonin

« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2003, 11:48:55 am »
Too early, let him make an impact coming off the bench. If he continues to shine doing this then Ged may have to give him a start now and again.

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2003, 11:54:38 am »
I’m in no hurry and we are doing ok, I think if we start to struggle there will be a few people calling for him but he is still very young and learning so for now I’m happy with the odd appearance.

RAWK anti scouse?

Offline Aremm

• Anny Roader
  • Come On You Mighty Reds
« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2003, 11:59:34 am »
i agree with the posts saying we should be a bit more patient...but i don't think he should be brought in when we are struggling...it could have a negative effect, a la cheyrou last season...if we get into a position in games where we are comfortably in the lead, he should be brought on with at least 30 mins left...(so a 4-0 h/t score on saturday would be excellent!!)

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2003, 12:03:19 pm »
I think judging by the reserve report on the official site, from last night, it seemed that Le Tallec was having a few lumps kicked out of him.  If that is the sort of treatment he might be getting in teh reserves then it could be far worse in the first team.  I have been nothing but impressed with the lad but while the team are doing well we shouldn't need to change the side.

And also the last thing I am going to do is use the press as one excuse for playing him.  Personally I couldn't care less what the press say it is not thier decision about when to play him.  Houllier knows what he is doing when it comes to treating the youngsters in the right way and I don't think he will be swayed about this.  The only thing that will force Houllier's hand is the performances of Le Tallec and the first team.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline liverweb

• Statto
  • Legacy Fan
  • www.liverweb.org.uk - Your one stop site for LFC
    • Liverweb
« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2003, 12:14:29 pm »
It's a toughie really cos ALT played superbly well last night and pushed his chances for a first team game
BUT
really you have to have faith here and think he's young i suppose and if he's not in the side it must mean those in it are doing great and based on two great away win in the last two games you can't argue i suppose can you.
This is the time to blood him in though with a few ten minutes here and there whilst the ressies gets him used to the lumps being kicked out of him

http://www.liverweb.org.uk - for all your LFC stats.

Check out every LFC Result and Lineup ever and info on players past, present and for the future!

Subscribe to the Liverweb mailing list at liverweb-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Offline "17"

• Utter Fuckwit
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2003, 01:02:54 pm »
If your good enough, Your old enough, I would start him against the Foxes just so i can say shove Ronaldo up your arse you manc bastards

TLT should play now, He is the ONE!!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 01:03:49 pm by "17" »
I dont believe in Houllier, And am beyond getting pissed off now :(

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2003, 02:20:02 pm »
How sweet would it be if ALT played against the Mancs opposite Ronaldo and ripped him to shreds!

Have some of that you  :upyours
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2003, 02:29:20 pm »
If your good enough, Your old enough, I would start him against the Foxes just so i can say shove Ronaldo up your arse you manc bastards

TLT should play now, He is the ONE!!

That’s not the case young players need to be nursed and slowly weaned into the team, if you don’t look after them in the early days you could be severely punished for it further down the line.

What manure do is of no relevance to us, I have confidence Ged will do the right thing.
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2003, 02:32:47 pm »
Dont know why some people hate Ronaldo, hes just a young lad who is very very gifted. He plays for Man Utd yeah, I cant stand them as much as anyone. But isnt it the Liverpool way to acknowledge great play and great players? Thats what ive always been taught anyway.

Im not sure about throwing ALT in just yet, of course the hype around him has us all excited. I think 30mins off the bench will do him good for now. Before we throw him in the deep end then have the usal wankers going on because he hasnt set the world alight.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline "17"

• Utter Fuckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2003, 02:55:15 pm »
play him!!

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2003, 03:04:40 pm »
"If you are good enough, you are old enough"

Thwe most ridiculous of the many cliche's that knock around football. Let united take enough players off the deepend, personally I hope that Gerard waits until he is ready, as I hope he does with every player.

I have been pleasantly surprised to see a bit of him this season, and while it really is an interesting prospect, a bit of patience may see us with a world class player.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline RedMick

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2003, 03:43:25 pm »
Changed my opinion on this somewhat. Or at least on GH's views of the ALT situation.

Watched his press conference prior to the Blackburn game when some no mark journo was trying to turn the conference into a Rooney show. Can't remember the question but GH responded with a "if you're good enough you're old enough" comment. So assuming he wasn't riled by this asshole and that he wasn't sneakily trying to fuck Rooney and the blueslime up, then the only reason that ALT is not playing at the moment is his lack of English football experience. Lets face it - it ain't because he isn't good enough.

So not really surpirsing I guess that he's getting some time here and there. Expect to see more of him as the months go on.

Offline "17"

• Utter Fuckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2003, 03:54:36 pm »
Play him!! Its either him or The goal Machine Heskey. I used to stick up forheskey all the time but he just fails the deliever and we have to look to the future, am a great believer in youth.

TLT is the One

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2003, 03:56:43 pm »
Play him!! Its either him or The goal Machine Heskey. I used to stick up forheskey all the time but he just fails the deliever and we have to look to the future, am a great believer in youth.

TLT is the One

::)

Offline AndyJ

• If it wasn't for RAWK I'd jack in work
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 17, 2003, 04:07:47 pm »
Why are we so bothered about this Ronaldo character - he has done a couple of step overs and a few tricks - so fucking what for £12million I be expecting a bit more to be honest. Personally I couldn't give a shit about him, what I do care about is ALT and Ged is handling it brilliantly when he thinks he is ready he'll play him after all he is the one who sees him day in day out. And judging by his introduction on Saturday Ged thinks he has been doing briliantly - he was brought on when we had 2 strikers and three very attack minded midfielders on and withdrew the injured Gerrard - can't remember who else was on the bench but they can't have been more attacking than that hence he put a lot of responsibility on his shoulders.

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2003, 04:10:43 pm »
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2003, 04:12:20 pm »
Yeah 17 its Ctrl + Alt+ Delete  ;) ;D

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2003, 04:16:05 pm »
It could be either TLT or ALT, depending on whether he likes be being called Antony or Tony.

8)  :P
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2003, 04:21:33 pm »
It could be either TLT or ALT, depending on whether he likes be being called Antony or Tony.

8)  :P

What's it to do with him  ???

ALT sounds more classy and it is the offical RAWK option  ;D
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2003, 04:24:09 pm »
Tony Le Tallec is his mobster name.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2003, 04:34:12 pm »
Ged has done well with Baros being nursed in. I have faith he'll do the same with Le Tallec.

Thing is though, Baros played well enough to earn a starting place and hopefully ALT will do the same when given the chances.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Zach

• In my humble opinion
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2003, 04:40:13 pm »
From what I've heard the lads call him Tony in training, but you know what? I'll go ask one of the admins  ;)

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2003, 04:43:26 pm »
I'm sure he gets called a lot in training  ;)
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Bannside Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Proud to be Red
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2003, 05:22:39 pm »
Tony the Tiger.  ;)