Author Topic: Crystal Palace  (Read 18365 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: Crystal Palace
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2023, 12:29:21 pm »
Must be really frustrating for Palace fans, I feel like they've had the same season every year since they came back up. The team itself always feels the same too, I still think it's weird Zaha isn't there anymore, still think of him as a Palace player. Vieira would have kept them up last season but I don't think he'd be doing any different to Hodgson now. Will stay up even if they have a worse year than usual. They're desperately in need of some talismanic striker I think, haven't had much since Benteke's first season there.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2023, 01:51:49 pm »
Great insight mate - Viera was taking Palace down, and apart for Allardyces reign, Benteke was fuckjng shite to mediocre.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2023, 02:04:44 pm »
Olise is a very good player. Good he didn't go Chelsea. That goal yesterday isn't goal of the season though.

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2023, 02:46:09 pm »
I understood getting Hodgson in last season when they sacked Vieira, but keeping him on this year is so fucking pointless. Where's the ambition?
They gambled with Vieira and didnt have the guts to stick it out when shit hit the fan. From their point of view, why risk it when you can comfortably finish mid-table season after season?
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2023, 02:49:41 pm »
They gambled with Vieira and didnt have the guts to stick it out when shit hit the fan. From their point of view, why risk it when you can comfortably finish mid-table season after season?

They should be aiming higher though, after all they were the team of the 80's, or some such bollocks

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2023, 02:54:59 pm »
They should be aiming higher though, after all they were the team of the 80's, or some such bollocks
Supporting a club with zero ambition might drive people insane, make them say the weirdest stuff, I will give you that. But then again, we have had teams in Palace's position in the past who gambled, both financially and with managerial appointments, and regressed.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2023, 03:02:27 pm »
Supporting a club with zero ambition might drive people insane, make them say the weirdest stuff, I will give you that. But then again, we have had teams in Palace's position in the past who gambled, both financially and with managerial appointments, and regressed.

I just wanted to take the piss with a "team of the 80's" jibe, never understood where they got that tag from?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2023, 03:04:33 pm »
What the fuck do you expect Palace to do?

Put an ad in Thornton Heath job centre and pick the best of the dozens of world class manager cvs that come flooding in?

What you managerially-entitled lot are forgetting is juat how many bravely appointed exciting/young/exotic managers are complete disasters.

Stockholmsdale Syndrome to say you can’t do better than Hodgson though.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2023, 03:09:22 pm »
Ok - name me three candidates to take over in the summer.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2023, 03:16:14 pm »

You're very angry with your posts this afternoon...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2023, 03:30:40 pm »

Steve Coppell?

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2023, 03:40:01 pm »

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2023, 10:45:38 pm »

Given what the likes of Brighton, Brentford and now Villa have been achieving over recent years, all we are saying is you could show some ambition. Yes it might backfire, but you might also have a bit of success and some fun in the meantime. And ultimately, you're eventually going to get relegated anyway by doing what you're doing in the same way all clubs managed by dinosaurs eventually get sucked in (e.g., Bolton, Stoke and Burnley).

The run of fixtures Vieira had before getting fired was also insane, and he was still picking up points in them:

Brighton 1 v 0 Palace
Palace 0 v 1 Man City
Villa 1 v 0 Palace
Palace 0 v 0 Liverpool
Brentford 1 v 1 Palace
Palace 1 v 1 Brighton
Man United 2 v 1 Palace
Palace 0 v 0 Newcastle
Palace 1 v 1 Man United
Palace 0 v 4 Spurs
Chelsea 1 v 0 Palace

11 games against 9 different opponents.. and 8 of them finished in the top 9 of the Premier League - the other was Chelsea (away). You picked up 5 points, which is probably 5 points more than bookies odds would have had you winning, and you lost by more than one goal only once.

From the outside looking in, one of the harshest sackings in PL history. After Hodgson took over you had games against Leicester, Everton, Leeds, Wolves, West Ham, Bournemouth, Southampton and Forest, all in danger of being relegated. Of course you started picking up more points.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 10:48:06 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2024, 11:57:32 am »
Those Eze/Olise goals are the type of ones you pay the money to see. Real quality on show.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2024, 11:47:47 pm »
Those Eze/Olise goals are the type of ones you pay the money to see. Real quality on show.

2 absolute ballers, wish we could take both from Palace! Shame their also quite injury prone.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2024, 11:53:21 pm »
2 absolute ballers, wish we could take both from Palace! Shame their also quite injury prone.

Eze is 26 this summer so he really needs to move this summer. I do feel that the truly elite clubs may have evaded him. That Achilles injury cost him.

Olise is the one who the elite clubs will keep an eye on.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 1, 2024, 08:57:38 am »
Both have another 3 1/2 years on their contracts and we saw with Zaha that they will hold out for a high price (that worked out well for them...).  I suspect both will be held captive at Palace unless a club comes in with a huge bid - I'd be amazed if that club was us!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 1, 2024, 09:02:34 am »
Both have another 3 1/2 years on their contracts and we saw with Zaha that they will hold out for a high price (that worked out well for them...).  I suspect both will be held captive at Palace unless a club comes in with a huge bid - I'd be amazed if that club was us!

Olise has £50m release clause and we should be in for him.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 1, 2024, 09:09:37 am »

If they both get injured, Palace could go down, if the points deductions and Luton's form don't go the way they'd want.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2024, 09:14:43 am by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 1, 2024, 09:12:48 am »

He was the pick in Sensible Transfers for a potential Salah replacement. They also thought we should consider Cheick Doucouré as a 6.

I mean if he wasn''t injury prone I wouldn't mind Eze at all if we had a vacancy.

They should never have sacked Vieira, he had ridiculously hard run of games right up to the end.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: February 1, 2024, 09:12:54 am »
I don't see it.  Before this season he had six goals in 71 games for Palace.  He's stepped up the scoring this season with six in 10 but it's a very small run and that he's only played 10 games isn't great.

We're also stacked up front as it stands.  Gakpo on the bench last night and that was with Salah out injured.  If Salah goes in the summer then I guess Olise might be on the shortlist but I don't think he'd be our first choice.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 1, 2024, 09:20:53 am »
Klopp would turn Olise until a killer but Klopp's not gonna be here so I'm quite indifferent to him coming now

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2024, 04:12:37 pm »
Palace fans raving about Wharton, only 20, one we should keep an eye on?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2024, 04:41:44 pm »
Palace fans raving about Wharton, only 20, one we should keep an eye on?

Looked the part at Blackburn. Part of why they didn't take to Morton as he looks a stronger talent. He will end up at a top club.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season