Author Topic: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)  (Read 85671 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2017, 06:36:17 pm »
Haha[emoji6]  back when they were moyes boys

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Ahhhh ok, completely missed that, here I was thinking they were playing Hull today, was very confused.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 06:37:38 pm »
Just batter the c*nts, then beat them on the pitch too.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2017, 07:27:03 pm »
We've got a game tomorrow

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 07:28:40 pm »

Yeah and you're in the wrong thread.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 07:29:42 pm »

Is it on before or after Albion Market?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline lfcgeorge

• Main Stander
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2017, 08:53:51 pm »
Big big game as always. Hope we smash them tw@ts and get a little revenge for how they played at Anfield.

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2017, 08:56:07 pm »
Christ I hope we win, but would a draw be a terrible result? I say no, but obviously depends on the circumstances of the draw.
For United, I think a win is a must. A draw wouldn't be enough. That plays into our hands.
A Man City like performance like the other week, relatively compact and comfortable both with and without the ball. Dull 1st half, but we show enough to keep them on their toes.
2nd half they begin to go a bit gunho. We smash them on the break and walk off with two nil victory. Frim & studge.
And I genuinely think Leicester will take points of those west London shites this week.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2017, 09:40:54 pm »
Christ I hope we win, but would a draw be a terrible result? I say no, but obviously depends on the circumstances of the draw.
For United, I think a win is a must. A draw wouldn't be enough. That plays into our hands.
A Man City like performance like the other week, relatively compact and comfortable both with and without the ball. Dull 1st half, but we show enough to keep them on their toes.
2nd half they begin to go a bit gunho. We smash them on the break and walk off with two nil victory. Frim & studge.
And I genuinely think Leicester will take points of those west London shites this week.

United are shit ...A draw would be a terrible result .....

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2017, 09:56:39 pm »
United are shit ...A draw would be a terrible result .....
We are playing them at the wrong time 7 on the bounce for them now I really think a draw will be ok.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2017, 09:59:12 pm »
We are playing them at the wrong time 7 on the bounce for them now I really think a draw will be ok.

Think they'll be totally over confident after 7 wins against fodder.  We'll pick them off for fun, 1-3.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2017, 09:59:21 pm »
All i'm asking for is (the impossible) for the officials to have a good game. As long as the game isnt decided by a shite decision i'll accept the result and admit the best team won on the day. I think even without Mane we have a better chance of beating them than the Anfield game as we'll be given some space to play.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2017, 09:59:55 pm »
Whilst not getting beat is a priority, there is nothing much to fear on that performance against Hull.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2017, 10:01:24 pm »
Think they'll be totally over confident after 7 wins against fodder.  We'll pick them off for fun, 1-3.
I hope you are right they need stopping in their tracks big time come on reds.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2017, 10:07:15 pm »
It's going to be a tough task to be fair. Always is at their place apart from 1 or 2 games in the last long time.

Hope we deal well with their crosses and Ibra. He's gonna be a handful at theirs. Good thing is, we have a game tomorrow and it's our first without Manè so to speak so it will give us the opportunity to get some rhythm going before Sunday.

Hate these games, I'm nervous but I'm not getting worked up over this one. Expecting the worst, anything better then great!
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2017, 10:17:21 pm »
They have 15 games on the bounce unbeaten.

Their fans are probably the most confident they have been going into this fixture since Fergie. For some reason they have got their arrogance back, beats me why seeing they are 10points adrift of the title.

In honesty, it is the way I prefer it at OT. Think we suit the underdog game against them. Hope the c*nts come out positively and give us a game.

Massively important to take at least a point home with us but winning would really put them back in their place. Would go a long way in the fight for Top 4 too.

Hoping for a good game but in honesty these fixtures have been tense shitfests in recent times.

0-1 to us. Sturridge.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2017, 10:27:02 pm »
They have 15 games on the bounce unbeaten.

Their fans are probably the most confident they have been going into this fixture since Fergie.
Never realised that probably best run they have had since whiskey nose left.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2017, 10:39:40 pm »
Never realised that probably best run they have had since whiskey nose left.
Sine 2009 I believe.

They are going well but I don't really think they're actually that good at the moment. They could falter or improve. They're just lacking something.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline niallers

• Anny Roader
  • "dont worry marge,its only a quilt....MY COOKIE!"
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2017, 10:48:57 pm »
Anytime they have a swagger bout them when we go there,we always seem to neither defend or attack. We just bend over. Klopp will hopefully put a stop to that bollix.
in america 1st you get the sugar then you get the power then you get the women

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2017, 11:55:27 pm »
3pts. By any means necessary.

I don't care if the game is a festering, pus-ridden, infected boil on an ugly fat birds arse to watch. just 3pts. What would make it even sweeter is if it was by the most blatantly-should-have-never-been-allowed goal by us in injury time that was all down to them wasting time.

Either that, or the long overdue absolute arsefucking they've deserved from us iin all these years finally happens where everything we touch turns to gold and nothing they do goes right all day.

Happy whatever way...

About time they were miserable for ages and spent the rest of the season (and for the coming ones as well) looking up at us.

Loathesome fucktard manager.

Put them away Redmen - Just win.

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2017, 12:05:39 am »
Hopefully we can put them under enough pressure to break their flanks - one thing that Mourinho has actually done fairly well (I did say fairly) is to sort the full-backs out. You can't deny that one of Mourinho's qualities is how he utilises the wings - in fact, I would go as far to say that he'll instruct his full-backs to 'cross on sight'.

I just hope that Clyne and Milner come out of the blocks flying - people always talk about Derby games being fought and won in the midfield... whilst true, I can't help but feel that they'll try to twat us on the wings, and with that, try to isolate our wingers by putting our full-backs on the defensive.

Either way - I think it'll be a good game. I'm very much looking forward to it.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2017, 01:52:12 am »
Nice OP DanA!

I tend to get a lot of flack for my call of Valencia (being world class) and for the most part, I understand why...  He has had a few positions, been in the starting line up in and out of the last three manager changes - but I find him the key (his strength, aggression and service on the flanks).

My hope is that we find a way to get under his skin a bit....  He can be a hot head, and I think the way to beat them this time out is on the flanks with (Shaw and Valencia)...  we have to make sure they do more defending than attacking (trying to pin them in during large swathes of the game). 

Valencia is one guy capable of getting a straight red without much provocation (the other Rojo - not likely to play).  Would love to see Valencia sent off.

My usual belief is this is a one goal game and restarts will be the issue.   I hope we can get payback...

Go you fucking liverbirds!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:53:54 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2017, 02:20:43 am »
I hate this match, every single season. The only acceptable result is a Liverpool win and a draw is considered a consolation. I despise Manchester United more than I do Everton. The latter is just a nuisance.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2017, 02:30:24 am »
I hate this match, every single season.

I just don't understand why people feel like this.  These are the games that I look forward to the most. 

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2017, 03:07:53 am »
May the best team win.
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2017, 03:23:20 am »
Now Mane has gone, I think the diamond formation might suit us better a lot of the time as all of Sturridge, Firmino and Origi do their best work central.

I'd have Coutinho at the tip of the diamond, he's arguably also best central. 

Then I'd go for two of Origi, Firmino and Sturridge to start upfront.  Probably go with Origi and Firmino, as they'll work harder for 60 mins and then have Sturridge, who is the most dangerous option for the last 30 mins when legs are tiring.

We've got the options in midfield for a diamond to work as well.

4-3-3 worked most of the time up until now.  But without Mane, I think a diamond might be the better option at times and this could be one of them.

I think we're in agreement with what we think is going to happen, most of the difference just in the way it's presented. I've suggested Sturridge on the right but him being the player he is will naturally drift towards striker positions and predominantly cut onto his preferred left foot, so the consequences being Lallana/Henderson cover his flank a bit more.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2017, 03:49:36 am »
I just don't understand why people feel like this.  These are the games that I look forward to the most. 
I want us to kick them so bad they'll need Preparation-H for a month. A draw is ... fine because Old Trafford is not someplace you waltz in and collect 3 points, they'll be extra motivated to kick us just as bad.

A defeat? It'll be like to me what a Derby lost will be to local Reds.

Not conceding that we won't get a favourable result - I'm always of the idea that at 0 - 0, anything can happen. I just dread the possibility of a negative result.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2017, 04:29:43 am »
I feel really down after sunderland Draw. A win here could really improve our fans mood and most importantly re invigorate our title challenge. Who knows chelsea might drop points against leicester

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2017, 04:32:30 am »
They are playing well and just won 2-0 resting/without two of their most important players.  Anyone dismissing them is a idiot or just trying to score internet magic points calling them shit.  Hopefully they try play and come at us leaving some space for us to play into.
choose Life.

Offline solidgold

• Main Stander
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2017, 06:06:00 am »
Noticed these days they have more players taking on defenders on the run. Rashford, Mata, Valencia, Martial, etc. We must be able to stop them from advancing into the box. The problem is that they will try draw a foul and get a freekick or penalty. Refs will be swayed easily by the fans and the atmosphere and worst way to conceit against them.

Hope we soaked and countered effectively. Slot in a goal before half-time to silence them and then put another one in at 55th min to silence the crowd. 2-0 will send them back to Earth literally.

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2017, 08:33:45 am »
I just want us to score one more than them.
Win this game, please!
Their team and fanbase are THE ones that I hate THE most!

Offline Toshack_Keegan_One_Nil

• Anny Roader
  • Sometimes I fantasise...
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2017, 08:35:03 am »
Michael Oliver reffing this.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2017, 08:37:17 am »
We seen Maureen's tactics earlier in the season, he will either go that way again or he will go a little more offensive and we will rip them a new arsehole. There a piece of piss to pass the ball around, even Hull created openings last night they were just too shit to do anything with them.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2017, 09:11:07 am »
Can see Klopp playing it safe for this one. I have no doubt Maureen will go for the jugular in the first 15 mins and then park the bus.

Can see this being very scrappy 0 - 0 but an evertonesque smash and grab would be beautiful.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2017, 09:12:46 am »
Can see Klopp playing it safe for this one. I have no doubt Maureen will go for the jugular in the first 15 mins and then park the bus.

Can see this being very scrappy 0 - 0 but an evertonesque smash and grab would be beautiful.
What exactly does Klopp playing it safe look like?
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2017, 09:23:06 am »
What exactly does Klopp playing it safe look like?

Using both hands, playing it safe...

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2017, 09:33:29 am »
Don't want to think about it until after the game tonight.

The problem with that is I can't stop thinking about it  :-\

If you want another contradiction that doesn't make any sense, I honestly believe we've got nothing to fear...but can't help feeling nervous.

Ah fuck it, just beat them Reds. I want to hear mourinho complaining about how unlucky they were, how lifes not fair, boo hoo wahwah, then back to the hotel to reassemble the Corby trouser press and get his big plate ready. The soft twat.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2017, 10:33:08 am »
Don't want to think about it until after the game tonight.

The problem with that is I can't stop thinking about it  :-\

If you want another contradiction that doesn't make any sense, I honestly believe we've got nothing to fear...but can't help feeling nervous.

Ah fuck it, just beat them Reds. I want to hear mourinho complaining about how unlucky they were, how lifes not fair, boo hoo wahwah, then back to the hotel to reassemble the Corby trouser press and get his big plate ready. The soft twat.

This.

Can't help the game being on my mind....but we just need this win, would be massive for our league campaign. Do it reds. Anyway, anyhow....remind them their form right now is temporary and send them back down to Earth.

Fucking hate this game.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2017, 10:51:22 am »

Everton was in no way a smash and grab performance.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2017, 11:14:34 am »
2 years ago, we were in a good run of form chasing United before they came to Anfield and turned us over.

Tables are turned, it would be so sweet if we can derail their hype train.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2017, 11:18:51 am »
We'll batter them, fairly confident of that.