Author Topic: Preview - QPR vs Liverpool, Sunday 30th December, 4pm  (Read 54020 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Preview - QPR vs Liverpool, Sunday 30th December, 4pm
« on: December 23, 2012, 06:13:49 pm »
vs

at Loftus Road, Sunday 30th December, 4pm.

2012 draws to a close, and as it does we have our final match, away at QPR. An eventful year for both sides.

QPR

The story of 2012...

QPR stayed up by the skin of their teeth, a solitary point more than Bolton Wanderers in 2011-2012. Sparky kept his job, but his reprieve proved only temporary. The Hoops continued to assemble an expensive squad of players at the wrong end of their careers, who may have flashes of talent but who have struggled to appear motivated, a factor picked up on by new boss Harry Redknapp. He recently criticised members of his own squad, commenting that there were one or two players who don't pull their weight and let down the rest of the team. His remarks specifically referred to José Bosingwa who was fined £130,000 for refusing to sit on the bench in last week's game against Fulham.

The season so far

They started the season at a snails' pace, and as I write this sit at the foot of the table, with 10 points from 19 games (half of which have come in December). With just a solitary win, at home to Fulham, they're 6 points from safety with Southampton having a game in hand.

Last five

Queens Park Rangers 1 - 1 Aston Villa   
Wigan Athletic 2 - 2 Queens Park Rangers
Queens Park Rangers 2 - 1 Fulham   
Newcastle United 1 - 0 Queens Park Rangers   
Queens Park Rangers 1 - 2 West Bromwich Albion

While their form isn't scintillating either (their last 5 games yielding 5 points, and they face Liverpool after back to back defeats against Newcastle and West Brom) there's renewed hope amongst QPR fans that their fortunes may be turning. December has certainly been their best month already this season with a game to spare.

Likely line up

R. Green

Fábio
A. Ferdinand
C. Hill
A. Traoré

S. M'Bia
A. Faurlin
J. Mackie
A. Taarabt
S. Wright-Phillips

D. Cissé

This was the team that played against West Brom - it'll be interesting to see if Harry shuffles his pack after a disappointing performance, but I'd be surprised if QPR shifted from the 4-5-1 they've been using so far. Some pace and invention clearly - Taarabt on his day is a wizard, but his days don't come often enough. We're familiar with Cisse too, and will be hoping he can be kept quiet. QPR's weakness really lies in a defence which hasn't proved strong enough this season. Potential for Suarez and co?

Liverpool

The story of 2012...

Our opposition's tale is simple enough. Being just good enough, followed by not good enough, and now probably not good enough.

Liverpool on the other hand have had a year best described as 'complicated'. This isn't the place for in depth discussion - this is a match preview after all. But it's easy to feel retrospective as 2012 ends. A year which saw the highs of success at Wembley, and the lows of... well, defeat at Wembley. And the end of the second coming of King Kenny, who left us in the summer in disappointing circumstances. Brendan's arrival was greeted with cautious optimism, which has been sustained with football that has at times been absorbing, sometimes even sparkling, but which has been tempered by some performances which have left fans scratching their heads. Or banging them into walls.

The season so far

We've seen a new system, and new faces. Faith in youth, and progress. But also frustration, as familiar faces and club stalwarts have been through patches of indifferent form. Struggling to adapt to a new system? Perhaps - time will tell. The games I've been to have been a microcosm of our season so far. United, Newcastle and Southampton at home, and Norwich away. Some where we didn't get what we deserved, others where we didn't really deserve anything. Some where we looked superb, others where we really struggled to get going.
10th place as I write, level on points with Norwich and Swansea. Ahead of the former and trailing the latter, on goal difference. As Liverpool go into 2013, what do they need to improve their lot? A couple of new faces, a few better decisions from referees, and a decent bit of luck would be nice...

Last five

Liverpool 1 - 0 Southampton
West Ham United 2 - 3 Liverpool
Liverpool 1 - 3 Aston Villa   
Liverpool 4 - 0 Fulham
Stoke City 3 - 1 Liverpool   

Such a mixed bag. We dared to dream after seeing off Southampton and a stirring comeback at West Ham. People murmured about the top four (and Rodgers' was misquoted as saying we were targeting 2nd...) Back to back wins! How we then sobbed as we lost at home to one of the worst Aston Villa teams I've ever seen. A rousing performance against Fulham, followed by more disappointment against Stoke. Which team will turn up at QPR? Hard to say really, and I certainly don't feel confident picking any result.

Likely line up

Reina

Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique

Lucas
Gerrard
Sterling
Shelvey
Downing

Suarez

Much like QPR, it's hard to guess how BR will react to a poor performance against Stoke. I'd be surprised not to see Sterling start, although Suso was the least of our culprits at the Britannia. Allen may also return - perhaps in place of Shelvey, in which case I'd expect Gerrard to be pushed up.

Head to head.

I was going to do a 'last 5 meetings', but we've only played them twice since 1996 so it seems a little pointless. Both games went to the home side.

Liverpool 1 - 0 QPR, 10 December 2011

Luis Suarez scored the only goal against QPR as a dominant Liverpool avoided a fifth successive home draw and climbed to sixth in the table. QPR kept the hosts out until 69 seconds into the second half when an unmarked Suarez headed in Charlie Adam's cross. After 15 games we were 6th, just 3 points behind 4th placed Arsenal. What we'd give to be in that position now...

QPR 3 - 2 Liverpool, 21 March 2012

When next we met, we had won the Carling Cup and were on our way to an FA Cup final. Our league form however had been indifferent.
Sebastian Coates scored a spectacular volley to put Liverpool ahead, before Dirk Kuyt prodded in a second. Shaun Derry gave QPR hope with a header before Reds old boy Djibril Cisse nodded in to haul the home side level. A Jose Enrique error left Mackie clear to slide in an injury-time shot under keeper Pepe Reina for the QPR winner. And I felt like I'd been repeatedly punched in the face.

At the end of the day we were 7th, and gap between ourselves and the Champions League was 12 points, and one we never threatened to make up.

In conclusion

2012 has been a funny old year, and December a funny old month. Which Liverpool will turn up? No idea, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. In any case, this has to be looked at as a good chance to pick up three points and end the year on a high.

Good luck boys!

JK
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:51:44 pm by The 5th TinBauble »

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
Preview : Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool FC 30th December 2012 k/o 16:00hrs
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 11:08:20 am »
live on Sky Sports 1 plus worldwide on these other channels

http://liveonsat.com/2day.php?start_dd=30&start_mm=12&start_yyyy=2012&end_dd=30&end_mm=12&end_yyyy=2012

Luis Suarez is a doubt with an ankle knock, been playing with a slight problem for a fe weeks now according to BR ( source interview on SSN )

Will we see a change at the heart of the defence ? Agger and Skrtel or will Coates miss out again where he scored that wonder goal last season.

Whatever happens at the heart of our defense I think BR is in a no win situation, drop Aggers / Skrtel or both, replace with Coates / Carragher or both the only way Rogers will avoid heavy flack is if we win.

Will Shelvey be dropped finally or will we continue with the 3 attacking players with or without Suarez who has been pulling his tripe out to compensate on our ineptitude up front.

Will the 4-3-3 formation change ?  we are not exactly pulling up any trees really,

Our last game before the transfer window officially opens.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:10:33 pm by The 5th TinBauble »

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
I think its safe to say this is a must win. With Sunderland, UTD, Norwich, Arsenal & City to follow (the tough 3 away), we could find ourselves in a whole lot of shit come the end of February. Its not even worth thinking about.

We need to win this game! No excuses.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
I think its safe to say this is a must win. With Sunderland, UTD, Norwich, Arsenal & City to follow (the tough 3 away), we could find ourselves in a whole lot of shit come the end of February. Its not even worth thinking about.

We need to win this game! No excuses.

with such a poor defence (QPR) it's paramount we use the ball efficiently, the passing needs to be sharper and the ball control needs to drastically improve, that down to players ability.

I did say after the Fulham game, same team with, maybe with Sterling for Suso, after the Stoke game I would select as follows now after that shambolic effort yesterday

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Coates Agger
               Lucas
  Downing    Gerrard   Enrique
         Sterling    Suarez

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
3 points would see us take 6 points from Villa, Fulham, Stoke and QPR.  Translated slightly it would have been the same as a win and 3 draws (which although disappointing wouldnt have been disastrous).  However anything less than win and there will be uproar.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Stoke away has been trawled over to death hence starting our next game preview
Thanks but as ever, one will be put up by one of the RAWK scribes :wave

EDIT now merged
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:09:35 pm by The 5th TinBauble »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: QPR vs Liverpool, Sunday 30th December, 4pm - Preview
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 12:08:41 pm »
Cheers Jersey, great stuff.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 12:26:24 pm »
tough set of fixtures after this.We deperately need the three points here.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 12:33:22 pm »
id like to see

.....................pepe...................................

johnson........skrtel...........coates.............agger.

.................lucas.............sahin................

..........................allen..............................

suso....................suarez.........................pacheco.

think its time we bring players in the side who can pass first time and be more likely to play keep ball properly.
keepo the ball moving
keep the opposition chasing

good quality first time passers make pressing almost imposiible unless they are of a high standard.

what we do is hang onto the ball looking for a pass and everything gets closed down
that line up would be able to play triangles all day long.

not be too predicatable

if the first time pass is on there is just about enough at the back to implement it
creatign a spine of coates>>lucas>>>suso pacheco suarez.

with the right amount of higher quality pass and movers in the side.

we ve got height at the back
a midfield who should in time be able to keep the ball and not needlessly give it away apart from in higher quality pressure situations.
a slightly more ballanced back line not allowing the fullbacks to be caught out.

when the ball is with one of the front 3 the back line push up to support and to condense the space making it easier to win the ball back early....the front line have a responsibility to pressure the man with the ball in this situation and the midfield  mix it with area and man coverage....stopping the opposition from having an easy pass out to then get a free run after the pass....liek what happens now with our poor pressing game.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 12:39:53 pm »
1 win at home. Scoring only 8 while conceding 16 in 9 home matches.

3 points is a minimum. Cisse to bag at least one.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 12:48:17 pm »
Want us to be well up for this. Want Shelvey to get rested and want Agger and Skrtel back to their best. Wan us to play like this:

Reina

Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique

Lucas
Allen
Henderson

Gerrard
Suarez
Sterling

Let's put them to rest early and get back to our winning ways. Two straight wins and we'll be back within 5 points from CL. Keep hope alive.
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 12:53:09 pm »
Want us to be well up for this. Want Shelvey to get rested and want Agger and Skrtel back to their best. Wan us to play like this:

Reina

Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique

Lucas
Allen
Henderson

Gerrard
Suarez
Sterling

Let's put them to rest early and get back to our winning ways. Two straight wins and we'll be back within 5 points from CL. Keep hope alive.

to me that forward line lacks movement
what will happen is suarez will too often get drwn out from his area and not be replaced with runs by sterling or gerarrd in the middle.

with pacheco and suso your far more likely to get intelligent runs off the ball to counter this.

most british players have an average understanding of space management too.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 12:58:27 pm »
Don't play Downing, that's all I ask for.

I'd like to see a lot of changes to be honest.

Jones in goal, Carragher back in the side alongside Agger and Henderson in the team, just go for it, its a must win for Rodgers sake... Henderson in the team and it'll allow Gerrard to play further forward, him, Sterling and Suarez as our main 3 threats in the final third, if we don't win I think Brendan is in big trouble... Especially with the upcoming games after this *easy game

*Easy games for the rest of the league usually means difficult for us though.

Offline stststst

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 5 times..
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 01:00:56 pm »
Was at this game last year and it was horrible at the end, praying for a win as we have some tough games ahead.

We should be beating these lot with our players so fingers crossed

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 01:06:09 pm »
Anyone know where you can watch this in Paris?

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 01:08:27 pm »
to me that forward line lacks movement
what will happen is suarez will too often get drwn out from his area and not be replaced with runs by sterling or gerarrd in the middle.

with pacheco and suso your far more likely to get intelligent runs off the ball to counter this.

most british players have an average understanding of space management too.

Pacheco has ben getting the chance and haven't taken it imo. Not getting time under 4 managers now. Has to be something in that. Would not want to leave Gerrard out just cause of the fact that he when push comes to shove is a winner and someone who can step up. We are not good enough not to play him. Think he is more likely to deliver an assist than both Suso and Pacheco. Would like to see them come of the bench though.

Plenty of movement with Sterling and Suarez. Another thing that Gerrard adds to me is that he often is marked by two defenders. That frees up space for the others. Feel it's our best option at the moment.
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 01:10:14 pm »
Great little compact ground Loftus Road. Use to get free complimentary tickets in the 80s/90s, the proximity of the fans to the pitch and the tight enclosed nature of the stadium really does help spur on the home side. Like last year you don't want them to bring the crowd into play, allow them to draw and feed off them and they could end up playing well above the level you would expect on paper.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 01:13:10 pm »
1 of me fave grounds this, back in the 80s regularly got in on kid tickets even though i for 1 was around 6 foot ish an far from a kid...always had big support there, now its fuk all about 2000 tops?
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 01:15:11 pm »
I have no faith in us to win here. It's got draw written all over it. Sky must love us playing away over the festive period. Maximum chance of a big team (sic) losing away from home.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 01:16:56 pm »
I have no faith in us to win here. It's got draw written all over it. Sky must love us playing away over the festive period. Maximum chance of a big team (sic) losing away from home.

Really?

I feel the exact opposite. We're playing the bottom side in the league. Anything other than a win for us is catastrophic. We will win!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 01:18:21 pm »
Pacheco has ben getting the chance and haven't taken it imo. Not getting time under 4 managers now. Has to be something in that. Would not want to leave Gerrard out just cause of the fact that he when push comes to shove is a winner and someone who can step up. We are not good enough not to play him. Think he is more likely to deliver an assist than both Suso and Pacheco. Would like to see them come of the bench though.

Plenty of movement with Sterling and Suarez. Another thing that Gerrard adds to me is that he often is marked by two defenders. That frees up space for the others. Feel it's our best option at the moment.

re pacheco.

no he hasnt

he played pre season and did better than sterling imo....it was close though

he played against west brom in the league cup and was excellent imo.
in the europa game he was played up front on his own lol

rodgers clearly wants pace in his system rather than higher quality link up play.

with more numbers up top it doesnt make sense.

Offline SweetSilverSevens

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 01:26:14 pm »
REINA
JOHNSON--SKRTEL--AGGER--ENRIQUE
LUCAS
GERRARD--ALLEN
DOWNING--------STERLING
SUAREZ

SUBS: Jones, Coates, Wisdom, Henderson, Sahin, Suso,  Assaidi

Please guys! Perform! We need the three points - our last game before the transfer window opens.
Whatever anyone says, Sturridge WILL be an improvement, he will attack the box, and will get more goals.

Borini will come back soon. And we need another attacker in aswell.

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 01:45:42 pm »

No offence, but this top 4 talk has got to stop. It's naive and it's not helping anyone.

On topic: 3 points are a must, got a good feeling about it though.

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 01:58:18 pm »
No offence, but this top 4 talk has got to stop. It's naive and it's not helping anyone.

It's psychology. Do something with goals and increase results. Players need to feel as better things are within reach, if they don't we might as well give up.

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 02:00:49 pm »
re pacheco.

no he hasnt

he played pre season and did better than sterling imo....it was close though

he played against west brom in the league cup and was excellent imo.
in the europa game he was played up front on his own lol

rodgers clearly wants pace in his system rather than higher quality link up play.

with more numbers up top it doesnt make sense.

We disagree then. I think he doesn't play because he isn't deemed good enough and hasn't been by four different managers. However I think he would be interesting to see of f the bench if we are up by a couple.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 02:01:42 pm »
think this will be a lot tougher than a lot of people think.Theyre fighting for their lives.I do still think we will win this one though 1-3
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 02:07:57 pm »
Didn't Rodgers say that Suarez had been playing with a swollen ankle these last few weeks,hope he's fit looked to be limping for the last 10-15 minutes yesterday

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 02:14:14 pm »
We HAVE to take the 3 points from this game. There can be no excuses. Any fuck ups and it will seriously be bye bye to our chances of finishing 4th because we would be potentially 11 points behind 4th with 4-5 teams to surpass.

I would change the team around slightly for this game from our encounter with Stoke...

Reina

Wisdom Skrtel Coates Johnson

Lucas
Gerrard Shelvey

Sterling           Enrique
Suarez

I don't believe this will be the team that plays however how much I want it to be the team. 2-0 is my prediction.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 02:14:19 pm »
Would not be surprised if we went and lost this. They are awful, but then so were Aston Villa.

However, got to be positive so I'll go with a 1-0 win with Suarez scoring.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 03:05:51 pm »
Have faith gentlemen (and ladyboys) ::)........... a nice 3 - 0 win to finish the year off ;D ;D

:scarf :scarf :scarf..........oooooooohhhhh when the reds............... :scarf :scarf :scarf
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline G-man 1980

• Boys Pen
  • ***** European Kings
Re: Preview - QPR vs Liverpool, Sunday 30th December, 4pm
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 05:07:14 pm »
Anything less than 3 points here is, in the simplest laconic terms, not good enough. With the difficult forthcoming fixtures its imperative to get a win; if this doesnt transpire then uproar will occur and BR will be under pressure  :-\
Istanbul 2005: much more than just a football match, an inspiration that the power of belief can work miracles.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2012, 05:11:55 pm »
Anything less than 3 points here is, in the simplest laconic terms, not good enough. With the difficult forthcoming fixtures its imperative to get a win; if this doesnt transpire then uproar will occur and BR will be under pressure  :-\

he's always under pressure, it comes with the job.
but it's not like his job will be under threat if we loose.
the RAWK servers might take a pounding though.

I think we'll win.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2012, 05:43:50 pm »
Win this and it's 4 wins in 6?

Thats 2 ppg, comfortably top 4 form

The world may not be ending

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 05:44:22 pm »

Yesterday was pretty close to a must win for 4th and we froze badly.  Every time we get close we drop points in a bad way it seems.  Last season it was the Arsenal loss and I think we'll be looking back at Stoke in a similar manner.  I know there's a lot of fixtures left, but with virtually every team above us picking up pts we needed to win.  12+ losses and 50+ pts. is not getting 4th. 

When back to back wins is the highlight of our season 4th is out of reach.  Spurs has allowed 4 goals in their last 7 games and they will battle to the end for 4th.  We are nowhere near that level right now and I'm not sure we have the money or owner's interest for a really big January.  Our last couple windows will haunt us for years. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2012, 05:45:36 pm »
QPR with one win all season and virtually down, you could put your last fiver on Liverpool giving them some more hope.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2012, 05:54:24 pm »
Shelvey and suso need benching, Allen and Henderson will help our ball retention. Lucas on bench as this game might come to quick for him. Sterling to replace suso.

Badly need a win and a familiar performance.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012, 05:56:44 pm »
Gerard has to be rested as does shelvey
Midfield of Lucas Hendo with sahin if fit in the hole
Up front suso Suarez and sterling
Lose and we commit hari Kari

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 05:57:14 pm »
I have got very little faith in this management set up. I think it is all blarney and bluster and jam tomorrow.

Management is not about ideallism it is about realism and at the moment we are kidding ourselves if we think we are getting better. We have lots of good players and thus will always win some games.

We are now into the third of our 4 Christmas games and the manager has limited his options by not rotating his squad for the Stoke game which is the most rotatable game in the League. and so the options for this week are reduced.

I'd be surprised if we won on Sunday even though these are bottom of the League. There seems no punishment for poor form, instead it's just the same people being patted on the back and being kidded that everything is going great.

There needs to be some harsh words and talk about doing the dirty side of the game.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 05:57:20 pm »
QPR with one win all season and virtually down, you could put your last fiver on Liverpool giving them some more hope.

Indeed, we're the main reason they're even playing Premier League football this season. "Are you a below average Premier League football team, on the brink of relegation and struggling to see where your next win is coming from? Don't worry, Liverpool at home is on the horizon, simply show a little bit of fight and you're season is up and running."
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2012, 05:59:07 pm »
I'd take a 1-0 off Suarez' arse right now.

Just get 3 points please
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face