Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 111419 times)

Offline caze

• Kopite
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #400 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:11 pm »
Pretty good performances from everyone I thought, with the exception of Meireles, who was woeful (Shelvey was only marginally better when he replaced him), and Maxi, who didn't contribute an awful lot. Torres was very isolated after Gerard went off, so I don't think it's fair to criticise him too much, thought he did okay.

Blatant dive from Berbatov obviously, yellow card for the sending off might just about have been warranted (Rafael's two footer on Meireles was worse).

United were awful in the first half, Evans header was their only real threat. They put us under more pressure at the start of the second half, but we weathered it without too much bother, and came back into the game after the two subs were made (nice to see some pro-active changes for a change). We started to tire after a bit though, and it became a bit more comfortable for them. Reina's five saves in a row was unbelievable.

All in all pretty happy with everything aside from the result and the ref. Kelly did brilliantly, Aurellio had his best game of the season, Lucas and Kuyt were there usual industrious selves. Our next five league matches are very winnable, more of the same and we could well get ourselves back in contention for a Europa league spot.

Offline Mister Hahn

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:12 pm »
We've spent the last six months crippled and the King is helping us remember how to walk again. If this is the positive change in performance Liverpool makes in the matter of days imagine the how they will look at the end of the season. It must be inspiring for the players to see a manager that cares more about the team than his own career for a change. Wear your shirts proudly my friends. YNWA.

Offline Borninbethlehem

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:19 pm »
Anyone else feel Nando wasn't good enough at all though? Lack of passion and effort which shocked me seeing as he supposedly idolises Kenny. Think he would have given it a bit more.

Thought he looked hungry for it until Gerrard got sent off. Then his head went down a bit as he knew he was going to get no service. Thought Meireles effort was not good today, but he has just come back from injury.

Offline bleublancRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #403 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:21 pm »
MOM award was probably to get Berbatov on camera to ask him about the "penalty". Stevie gets sent off in far too many high profile games and needs a good talking to, not that I agree that todays was a sending off offence but he knows the likely outcome of a tackle like that especially if Webb is about.

Definately a big improvement of the crap we've had to put up with under Hodgson.

Offline Mark_kopite90

• Anny Roader
  • Justice!
« Reply #404 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:34 pm »
Unlucky Reds another team unfairly robbed at the shit pit
But were back! That is for certain.
DALGLEISH!!!!!

Europa anyone??
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:05:18 am by Mark_kopite90 »

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #405 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:44 pm »
Even with their team 1-0 up beating their fiercest rivals, the mancs still choose to sing 'Sign on' at the end of the game rather than a song about themselves. How fucking clueless is that  :butt  ::)
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #406 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:45 pm »
Can anyone tell how many games will Gerrard miss?

just 1 or 3?

Offline eitzel

• ong way to Tipperary
  • Legacy Fan
  • Didnt even know Probe had moved
« Reply #407 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:46 pm »
I thought our back four and goalie were brilliant today, Reina had a couple of minor saves to make, ball was rarely booted up field, composure was evident throughout the game at the back.
'An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. '

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #408 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:51 pm »
Why would we appeal it ?

It more than merited a red card

Did it fuck
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: January 9, 2011, 03:55:55 pm »
Webb will go home put his utd slippers and dressing gown and laugh his bollocks off again.

He is a cheating twat .  I thought he was going to take the pen.
Kelly was superb today and our football was much better, can look forward to the rest of the season

Offline Red Scorpion

• Anny Roader
« Reply #410 on: January 9, 2011, 03:56:33 pm »
Kelly was excellent.
Pepe's 4 or 5 consecutive saves in the 2nd half was a brilliant although my heart didn't take it too well.
Good to see that we are playing more passes on the ground rather than by-passing the midfield.
Shame we had to go down to a dubious peno and that Stevie got that red.

And Howard Webb is a biased manc c*nt

Offline Motti

• Impersonator.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #411 on: January 9, 2011, 03:56:40 pm »
Kenny said that it was never a penalty, and that the sending off wasn't one as well. He was positive, said that we were working hard and the young boys came on to freshen up the midfield. Well in Kenny.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #412 on: January 9, 2011, 03:56:53 pm »
A reminder to anyone who thought that it was just the manager that is the problem, it isn't, we're just not good enough.  And it's sad to say that one of the finest players I've ever seen in a red shirt no longer looks remotely interested in playing for us.

Wow! From being trounced by Wolves to matching United for most of the game with ten men and that's the lesson you take from the game. You're right that Torres is off form but where does all this "not remotely interested in playing for us" shite come from?

Apt username.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #413 on: January 9, 2011, 03:56:53 pm »
I think it is his lack of effort and sulking that is the problem.

Perhaps he's just lacking in confidence or he's carrying an injury and not telling anyone?

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: January 9, 2011, 03:57:06 pm »
Some telling points:

• Result unsurprising, but the performance was all that really matters
  • Kenny didn't flinch about taking Torres off and they showed good respect towards one another.  I hope Kenny can sort him out
  • Kelly was outstanding
  • Seeing the team defend as a unit like we did under Rafa wonderful
  • Pass and move was certainly attempted
  • Gerrard was an idiot, but the sending off was still a little harsh
  • 9000 pool fans outsinging 67000 home fans - brilliant

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #415 on: January 9, 2011, 03:57:09 pm »
Had resigned to defeat last week with Roy and the farce of a referee but a decent performance and Kenny as our manager, I cannot wait for our next match and it has been a long time since I felt that way

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #416 on: January 9, 2011, 03:57:20 pm »
We can take plenty of positives from this.

Offline orchardboy

• Boys Pen
« Reply #417 on: January 9, 2011, 03:57:21 pm »
Credit to fergie for playing webb up front with berbatov, quite the tactician!

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #418 on: January 9, 2011, 03:57:43 pm »
Set aside the result and the poor referring decisons.

We set up well.
For the first time since Rafa left (excluding 60 minutes vs. Spurs)that our players went out and put pressure on the ball.
Higher intensity. Great fight shown. Heart in the performance. Pride in the performance.

Gerrard was initially in behind Torres.
Very interesting to see the interchange between Raul and Gerrard.
Was almost a 4-1-4-1, Lucas threw in a good shift, looked exhausted towards the end.
Set up at the back as we expected whether under Roy or Kenny, with the exception of Johnson's absence.

Thought Aurelio had a poor first half but grew into the game and all in all showed that he is the clear choice at LB.
Martin Kelly was fantastic, had a difficult task on the right but dealt with it very, very well.
I like the look of Agger and Skrtel at the back, got involved in afew scuffles but dealt with open play well.
Cannot fault Pepe Reina, out man of the match for those four of five saves in a row.

Babel looked very sharp, and very determined when he came on.
Ngog and Shelvey didn't really get a chance to get into the game.
Torres looked sharp initially but faded once Gerrard was dismissed.
He will undoubtedly benefit with Kenny's football and we'll see the best of him.

Now to the decisons;
They often say "well you'd get a free kick if you were outside of the area" so it should be a pen.
You wouldn't get that decision if it was out of the area, so how that was a penalty I'll never know.
The sending off highlights how inconsitant refereeing decisions are.
He can by the letter of the law be sent off for that. But the Rafael challenge should have saw red aswell. And also if you look at the challenge Webb only turns to the play at the point of contact. You can accept the decision by the letter of the law but in matches of this intensity ref's should use their heads. I'd say yellow card. I was also impressed with Carrick's recovery.

But here is the weird thing we've been beat at OT but I'm happy.
And it isn't just Kenny's return, it was the character and the commitment of the performance.
Pride in the shirt, we've got our club back.
And probably a blessing in disguise, focus our energies on a devent run in Europe and trying to get in there again next season.

YNWA.
Spot on mate, last paragraph especially! I'm gutted to lose to that shower, but i'm really, really pleased with this first step under kenny.

Now, it's 5 am (just realised) I should go to bed......
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline GerrardL

• Anny Roader
« Reply #419 on: January 9, 2011, 03:57:50 pm »

Howard Webb 1:0 Liverpool FC
 :)

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #420 on: January 9, 2011, 03:57:55 pm »
As much as he is hard working and has been something of a fans favourite, i think Kuyt has just lost any threat he has ever caused to the opposition. It may well be that he isn't suited to playing on the right, but he is so unnefective now and i cant see what he is offering, I would like to see Babel start there.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: January 9, 2011, 03:58:05 pm »
Am really encouraged by that performance and kennys decisions. Am really looking forward to seeing more youth players breaking into the first team. Special mention to Kelly he was fantastic!

Offline TrueNorthRED

• Kopite
« Reply #422 on: January 9, 2011, 03:58:05 pm »
I  just caught The King's post game comments on Setanta. The man is pure class.
"He plays as any supporter would if they were born with such demonic talent."

Offline jwill2127

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp is the man
« Reply #423 on: January 9, 2011, 03:58:27 pm »
does anyone know how many utd pens and liverpool red cards howard web has given?
Our support since 2005 is f@@@@@ @@@@

Offline Razzler

• Main Stander
« Reply #424 on: January 9, 2011, 03:58:29 pm »
Is that a three game prem ban? If so, is it worth appealing?

Personally i think was a red card all day...If that was say,Nani on Gerrard we would all have been screaming for it and rightly so....you just cant lunge in like that anymore,it was dangerous and reckless.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #425 on: January 9, 2011, 03:58:34 pm »

Did it fuck

Agree. It was a tough tackle, a bad one even, but wish people would actually look at it properly, because for me it wasn't two footed. He lunged in, yes, but one angle shows that he didn't lunge in two footed.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #426 on: January 9, 2011, 03:58:39 pm »
I really rate him, but I think Aurelio had a difficult game today...especially in possession.  I thought for sure he'd redeem himself with that free kick, but it was a good save.

Still showed more than PFK ever could though. Just let him have a run of matches together, he'll get his form back soon enough.
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: January 9, 2011, 03:58:50 pm »
"The two decisions are important factors in the game. If you take those away, our players showed great commitment because it's a difficult place to play. The supporters stayed with us for the whole game and the players worked tremendously hard. I don't think it's a penalty kick. The referee didn't blow instantly for the sending off..."

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #428 on: January 9, 2011, 03:58:53 pm »
There was a whole different feeling about the game I think. Respect between the players and Kenny and a more positive attitude generally, even Nando didn't look like the world was against him. No way was that challenge by Agger a penalty, the linesman should have helped the ref but it was Webb and his mates so what can you expect? I must admit despite the defeat I have a good feeling and I am positive even after losing at Old Trafford. I truely believe that we're bound for better times now!

Offline Torben Piechniks Y-Fronts

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird, upon my chest
« Reply #429 on: January 9, 2011, 03:58:56 pm »
An improvement.
We ran out of steam obviously.

Fucking sick of every debatable decision going for those showers of pricks year after year.

Good effort lads.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline cathy-lfc-taff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: January 9, 2011, 03:58:58 pm »
I did laugh out loud when they announced Berbatov as MOTM.
I wish my balls were as big as Dirk's.

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
« Reply #431 on: January 9, 2011, 03:59:01 pm »
Just watched kennys interview, this man is liverpool through and through told the interviewer "not a penalty kick" and "should you be sent off every time your feet leave the ground"

Team played much better with kelly looking the part and agger playing it instead of just hoofing away.  We need a striker quickly it might light a fire under nandos arse.

Pride from watching that today we were beaten by webb not yernited, bring on the bitters !
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline AsianRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #432 on: January 9, 2011, 03:59:08 pm »
good performance, looks like this team has quality so meh to roy! Well done KK for showing in 1 game what Roy couldnt do in 7 months, get the team to play for the shirt again!

Webb you tosser, thats another game you've cost us!
A lot of football success is in the mind.
You must believe you are the best and then make sure
that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had
the best two teams on Merseyside,
Liverpool and Liverpool reserves. - Shankly 1913 - 1981

Mr Suarez Is Not A Racist!

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #433 on: January 9, 2011, 03:59:38 pm »
Perhaps he's just lacking in confidence or he's carrying an injury and not telling anyone?

I've feared just that for months, that the injuries, surgeries and kickings have all piled up so high on his shoulders that he cannot carry them. I pray that we will see the Torres of old again, but the past year has gone by with only enough flashes of that to count on one hand.
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline Rome_1977

• Main Stander
« Reply #434 on: January 9, 2011, 03:59:39 pm »
Gutted and very fucking angry!!!

I thought the team did as well as could have been expected, they were never going to set the world alight, but worked hard and closed UTD down, which afte rthe sending off of Stevie was always going to be an uphil battle.  But from a peformance perspective I thought we worked hard, retained the ball well in short periods, and I feel Kenny will make a differemce, but I personally feel we are still lacking any form of an attacking presence as Fernando doesn't look interested. He looks completely out of sorts which for me is hugely concerning. He gives off the body language of somebody who doesn't want to get injured and dare I say it, wants away. He gives us very little going forward, especially with his back to the goal, frustrating to see considering how good he can be. He needs to show a lot more for the team, and I know that the service is hardly great, but still there is no excuse for pulling out of challenges or not fighting for the ball.

Now the major decisions:

Penalty: For as long as I have a hole in my arse that will not be a penalty. Nuff said.

Sending off: I truely believe that this was a yellow card. I do refer back to the Rafael challenge on Raul, had Raul not have bottled it (he should not have pulled out) would Rafael have been sent off, I sincerely doubt it. Now Gerrards challenge, if he was 5/10 cm closer to the tackle he would have blocked the ball and the commentators would have been saying what a great challenge it was. Should he have left the ground with both feet, no he shouldn't have done. But still being sent off in my eyes is harsh.

I would welcome the view of other posters on the forum, as I am certainly open to having my view changed, but at this stage I truely believe he was hard done by. I understand the fact that he shouldn't have done it at Utd, but that doesn't make it a red.

So in closing, welcome back Kenny, your are fucking magnificent and I am made up you are now our manager.

Off to get pissed !!! :-(

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 9, 2011, 03:59:40 pm »
does anyone know how many utd pens and liverpool red cards howard web has given?

4 in the last 6 games he has reffed at Old Trafford.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: January 9, 2011, 03:59:43 pm »
Credit to Mr Alex Ferguson for playing webb up front with berbatov, quite the tactician!

I thought Webb was in center midfield ?  Suppose it shows how good he was tonight.  Cracking game from him.  Was all over the pitch and the assist was vital. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: January 9, 2011, 03:59:47 pm »
I didn't feel that Stevie's tackle fell under "serious foul play", but it was a yellow.  The policeman strikes again...

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #438 on: January 9, 2011, 03:59:48 pm »
First time in decades of supporting LFC that I actually have a beaming smile after loosing to the manc b.

What a difference seeing them actually fighting for every ball. We got tired towards the end but we played 10 against 12 practically all the game
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: January 9, 2011, 03:59:58 pm »
but up until Gerrard got sent off Torres did show the effort,was chasing after the ball and closing down the Mancs.
Exactly.   Too much is being made of torres attitude.  He was never going to be able to Chase down everything once Gerrard had his brain fart.  He was not given much service to be fair.  Let's just see what happens now once Kenny gets a chance to get the team working
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly