Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 111391 times)

Offline trader

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #1480 on: January 10, 2011, 12:08:54 am »
Cant believe people on here are actually moaning about the toilets being wrecked. Did you go today?! As our mini-bus drove into the away car-park (behind a couple of coaches), there were women spitting on the coaches, fellas trying to open the emergency doors, we were getting the Hillsborough getsures from both sides and you are worried about their bogs?!!! Haha, blatantly got no idea have you.
The King is back! (and gone again)

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1481 on: January 10, 2011, 12:10:03 am »
Cant believe people on here are actually moaning about the toilets being wrecked. Did you go today?! As our mini-bus drove into the away car-park (behind a couple of coaches), there were women spitting on the coaches, fellas trying to open the emergency doors, we were getting the Hillsborough getsures from both sides and you are worried about their bogs?!!! Haha, blatantly got no idea have you.

I find that more offensive
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1482 on: January 10, 2011, 12:10:38 am »
Well, I had a quick look on google, and from what can see the concensus is that JdJ's view is spot on - but it doesn't actually seem to be there from an obvious official source, just journos and blogs etc reporting it as if it were official - but that doesn't mean it's right. I remember a similar confusion about the supposed 'daylight' rule with offsides that turned out to be utter bollocks.

There's a guy called Simon G-Fear who posts on TomkinsTimes who's a qualified ref and tends to clear these kinds of things up - I must remember to ask him about it.

If anyone can find a proper source it would be much appreciated. :)
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: January 10, 2011, 12:11:33 am »

There were seats getting smashed in left right and centre where I was but that didn't really bother me. As I said earlier however the Munich chants from our support were highly saddening.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1484 on: January 10, 2011, 12:12:54 am »
Do they sell good glue in Brixton mate.
Brixton's more committed drug users won't have bothered with glue since they were about 6 I reckon so no, doubtful. ;)

To clarify - that was me attempting to represent the drum bit at the end of Eastender's in the form of words. Obviously it failed miserably! ;D

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1485 on: January 10, 2011, 12:13:10 am »
Their announcer is a first class twat aswell.

'Welcome to the biggest football club in the world'

Only served to make us chant louder - untill Webb stepped in that is.
Justice for the 96

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1486 on: January 10, 2011, 12:13:26 am »
Well, I had a quick look on google, and from what can see the concensus is that JdJ's view is spot on - but it doesn't actually seem to be there from an obvious official source, just journos and blogs etc reporting it as if it were official - but that doesn't mean it's right. I remember a similar confusion about the supposed 'daylight' rule with offsides that turned out to be utter bollocks.

There's a guy called Simon G-Fear who posts on TomkinsTimes who's a qualified ref and tends to clear these kinds of things up - I must remember to ask him about it.

If anyone can find a proper source it would be much appreciated. :)

I know what we should do.  We should ask Webb what he thinks.  After all he is the best ref in the world mind.  Reffed the world cup final and all doing such a fantastic job... :)

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1487 on: January 10, 2011, 12:13:41 am »
It is ... That is why the Mancs won't win it this season ...

You're full of shite, they're unbeaten and top of the league. Everyone else is shite. They're nailed on
psn = Lents123

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1488 on: January 10, 2011, 12:14:18 am »
I know what we should do.  We should ask Webb what he thinks.  After all he is the best ref in the world mind.  Reffed the world cup final and all doing such a fantastic job... :)
:lmao

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1489 on: January 10, 2011, 12:15:11 am »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7161739.stm

But despite the rise in red cards for such tackles this month [December 2007], the PGMO [Professional Game Match Officials] spokesman denied that officials had been ordered to change their approach to such incidents.

The spokesman added: "The issue of the two-footed challenges was discussed at the regular pre-season meetings the PGMO holds with managers and players.

"They were reminded of the key point surrounding the excessive use of force in the tackle.

"A player who jumps into a tackle two-footed is not in control of himself and therefore if he makes contact with the player, ball and player, or if the referee determines there to be excessive malice in the challenge, he will be dismissed."

----------

According to that, excessive malice can be a red card without contact - any contact at all, two footed off the ground, equals a red card.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1490 on: January 10, 2011, 12:15:16 am »
The Govan Tramps answer to it. 'he's on the byline why would he go down'

Why? Why cant these interviewers have the courage to reply the correct way to cut his feeble arguments down.

'To get a penalty' is all the interviewer needed to say. But, rather in the same token as Webb finds himself in at Old Trafford, if he doesnt tow the line he finds himself downgraded in his job. Its not just his managerial skills, its his influence and power over all these people in all facets of the game.

I tell you when that horrendous drunken animal leaves that place they're in the fucking shit. I bet theres people at Man Utd working on elixirs to invent immortality.

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1491 on: January 10, 2011, 12:15:47 am »
Well then...

Arriving at Oxford Road station this morning was pretty intense. Full of police looking to keep the two sets of fans separated. You could cut the tension with a knife. Our fans were fantastic though, singing and chanting on a constant basis; especially once we got onto the train to the stadium, doing the Torres bounce en masse really seemed to intimidate the odd manc that had been caught up in the middle of it all.  ;D

Was involved in that as well mate, absolutely hillarious! ;D
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1492 on: January 10, 2011, 12:15:54 am »
You know what.

You really are class personified.
Oh come on, you didn't need that idiot to tell you a player can't leave the ground any longer. Its been well known since HBHR tried to change his user name to He's Blond He's Ours.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1493 on: January 10, 2011, 12:16:17 am »
You're full of shite, they're unbeaten and top of the league. Everyone else is shite. They're nailed on
Fuck that for a game of soldiers. They're not nailed on for me until they're 10 points up with -1 left to play. I'm still looking at the 08/09 table thinking we can close the gap. ;)

Seriously though, if, and it is a pretty big if, Chelsea can get their earlier season form back then I don't think it's anywhere near nailed on.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: January 10, 2011, 12:17:27 am »
Fuck that for a game of soldiers. They're not nailed on for me until they're 10 points up with -1 left to play. I'm still looking at the 08/09 table thinking we can close the gap. ;)

Seriously though, if, and it is a pretty big if, Chelsea can get their earlier season form back then I don't think it's anywhere near nailed on.

A pretty big if, indeed. I fancy Arsenal to be the closest challengers, but they usually manage to fuck it up.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #1495 on: January 10, 2011, 12:18:15 am »

They've still got to go to Arsenal, Chelsea and come to Anfield, so I would say their 3 hardest games are still to come, whereas Arsenal have played theirs.

Arsenal for me.
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #1496 on: January 10, 2011, 12:20:16 am »

Surely on the wind up?

I actually started off trying to make a point. Realised in the middle of writing it that I was wrong, but being a stubborn bastard, carried on regardless.  :P
 We'll call it a wind up... if only for the fact that it sounds better.  ;)

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1497 on: January 10, 2011, 12:20:23 am »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7161739.stm

But despite the rise in red cards for such tackles this month [December 2007], the PGMO [Professional Game Match Officials] spokesman denied that officials had been ordered to change their approach to such incidents.

The spokesman added: "The issue of the two-footed challenges was discussed at the regular pre-season meetings the PGMO holds with managers and players.

"They were reminded of the key point surrounding the excessive use of force in the tackle.

"A player who jumps into a tackle two-footed is not in control of himself and therefore if he makes contact with the player, ball and player, or if the referee determines there to be excessive malice in the challenge, he will be dismissed."

----------

According to that, excessive malice can be a red card without contact - any contact at all, two footed off the ground, equals a red card.
That's what I was looking for - and exactly the point I was thinking in the post to beninger recalling my own extensive experience as a top flight local park footballer among my group of friends as a teenager in an obscure town in North Yorkshire...two footed is sort of by definition out of control and hence excessive and clearly they clearly did clarify it, it was indeed a red cardable offence.

Though it's also interesting, and not at all what I was saying earlier, that contact with the player is most definitely an issue...if there's contact and it's two footed then it's a red, if there's no contact and it's two footed then the referee has to decide based on intent which obviously leaves a lot more room for interpretation.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:24:52 am by hesbighesred »

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: January 10, 2011, 12:20:54 am »
Stop arguing with each other for fucks sake

Kennys told us

Jurgen Klopp

Offline trader

• Main Stander
« Reply #1499 on: January 10, 2011, 12:21:32 am »
As sad as it as, we have just have to make sure we beat those manc bastards when they come to Anfield. Just to stop them getting number 19. Manc twats.
The King is back! (and gone again)

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1500 on: January 10, 2011, 12:22:45 am »
Can't stand losing to these fuckers even when they deserve it, but I loathe getting cheated out of it even more. Right Said Webb can go and fuck himself. He's only bald so the vaseline clings to it better when he's sticking it up Taggart's shitty hole.

On the plus side, made up with the performance and the spirit the team showed. More of the same in every game please and I'll be happy.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1501 on: January 10, 2011, 12:23:02 am »
That's what I was looking for -

Thus another exciting RAWK story line comes to a thrilling conclusion, much to the satisfaction of He'sneverwantedtochangeHisusernamebutHesdefinitelystillapedant.

Yeah. You're shit with Google, though ;).

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1502 on: January 10, 2011, 12:23:08 am »
Well, then...I'll make sure to never, ever quote the laws of the game again. 

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1503 on: January 10, 2011, 12:23:21 am »
Was involved in that as well mate, absolutely hillarious! ;D

Oh I know you were Smig mate. In fact I think I saw you getting thrown into the manc stood in the corner at one stage, he wasn't happy  ;)
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
« Reply #1504 on: January 10, 2011, 12:23:46 am »

Scary that Rooney hasn't turned up this season. Just imagine if he did. But I hope they don't get the 19th.
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #1505 on: January 10, 2011, 12:24:04 am »
Oh come on, you didn't need that idiot to tell you a player can't leave the ground any longer. Its been well known since HBHR tried to change his user name to He's Blond He's Ours.

Unless I've been whooshed, I was only shupporting a poster for admitting he may have been wrong. That earns my respect.

Offline GOONIESnvrSAYdie

• Boys Pen
  • Alonso - I still miss you!!!
« Reply #1506 on: January 10, 2011, 12:24:40 am »
How do I start a topic on the forum..?? Am I being totally blind or..... Just missing a trick.. HELP.. TA :)
StockportScouser Simples :)

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1507 on: January 10, 2011, 12:25:58 am »
Stop arguing with each other for fucks sake

Kennys told us

;D

What's up, rushyman? :wave

Fucking class day considering we lost to the Mancs, eh?

Usually, everyone avoids me on days like this, but fuck me, I'm hardly annoyed.

Finally we can go back to talking football, djes ;)

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1508 on: January 10, 2011, 12:26:13 am »
How do I start a topic on the forum..?? Am I being totally blind or..... Just missing a trick.. HELP.. TA :)

You only got 3 posts fella. Stick around and dont make a twat out of yourself and you'll be OK

Jurgen Klopp

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: January 10, 2011, 12:26:17 am »

You're too young.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1510 on: January 10, 2011, 12:27:53 am »

You forgot the last part of what the spokesman said too:

"...and if Howard Webb wants to send your arse off at OT, he'll send your arse off at OT."

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: January 10, 2011, 12:27:55 am »
Lazy is probably more the problem but, yes, it could well be that I'm shit too.

You need 100 posts, I think it is, and you need to make sure that it isn't a) shite b) unrelated to Liverpool
c) already being discussed in another thread where it obviously belongs or d) shite and irrelevant and already being discussed. ;)

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: January 10, 2011, 12:28:20 am »

Your post count must be at least 50 I think.

Offline GOONIESnvrSAYdie

• Boys Pen
  • Alonso - I still miss you!!!
« Reply #1513 on: January 10, 2011, 12:29:07 am »
I forgot my old password n that, so just started a new one haha.

It was just because I had some transfer gossip and wasnt sure where to be posting it, so thought new thread but there wasnt an obvious button..
StockportScouser Simples :)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1514 on: January 10, 2011, 12:29:11 am »
Unless I've been whooshed, I was only shupporting a poster for admitting he may have been wrong. That earns my respect.
Its OK, Seb will get it mate.

Offline ferris05

• Hitler on a bus!
  • Kopite
  • A Waterloo-ite
« Reply #1515 on: January 10, 2011, 12:29:57 am »
Went on the coach today from Bootle. We were pretty much the first coach there shockingly at like 10:30. Eventually, around an hour later loads turned up and we were all just outside the coach park in a group with the police surrounding us. That was a good group when the songs got going. Boss.

Eventually got in and got a call from me mate to ask where I was sitting so he could stand with me. I answered the phone couldn't hear a thing so just wandered off trying to find a quiet area, eventually got to a door with a big green cross on. looked at it for a couple of seconds and thought, 'here y'are might aswell' pushed it, around 10-15 faces of John Ambulance people look at me in shock. Absolute silence (Noise reduction doors or wha'). So there I am, a spotty teen tumbling in, phone in one hand and a pint in the other. I break the silence with a "1 sec lads just gotta take a call 'ere". Fair play to 'em they let me take the call, but after many blistering looks.
WE ARE THE ROAD END, THE PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1516 on: January 10, 2011, 12:30:04 am »
Oh I know you were Smig mate. In fact I think I saw you getting thrown into the manc stood in the corner at one stage, he wasn't happy  ;)
Hahahahahaha definately knocked that butty he was chomping on at least three times! Quality. :D
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1517 on: January 10, 2011, 12:30:23 am »
;D

What's up, rushyman? :wave

Fucking class day considering we lost to the Mancs, eh?

Usually, everyone avoids me on days like this, but fuck me, I'm hardly annoyed.

Finally we can go back to talking football, djes ;)

Allright mate :wave

That exactly how I feel mate. Very strange especially getting knocked out of the cup by them. but its all relative to whats been I suppose.

Its just the whole Webb thing galls the fuck out of me. Crap pen after crap pen for them. I was right in line with the one he gave against Masch at the pit. It started a mile outside and he'd let go of him before theyd got to the box and the bald cheat was right on top of it.

But onwards and upwards. Gone now. I think the big prob Kenny might have is Nando's attitude, work rate, whatevers wrong with him. he needs to snap out of it and we'll be cooking again

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1518 on: January 10, 2011, 12:30:26 am »
I forgot my old password n that, so just started a new one haha.

It was just because I had some transfer gossip and wasnt sure where to be posting it, so thought new thread but there wasnt an obvious button..

Try the transfer forum, see if there's an existing thread and post there.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1519 on: January 10, 2011, 12:31:26 am »
Unless I've been...
Its OK...
Yeah, it's all good, I did indeed get it. I also fear that if you met me in real life, El C, you'd be tempted to replace that 'l' in your post with an 'r'. ;)

It's appreciated nontheless though, I missed that little ego-booster earlier and I crave and consume those like PacMan (for his own obscure reasons) craves and consumes those white dot things.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:33:46 am by hesbighesred »