Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 111441 times)

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #1200 on: January 9, 2011, 07:42:38 pm »
The two challenges were totally different Gerrards was a red under the current rules, Rafaels challenge at worse a yellow

So if Rafael's challenge was a yellow then the game would have stopped a Stevie would not have made the challenge.

However you dress it up, Webb was poor/biased

Offline JACKO_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1201 on: January 9, 2011, 07:42:50 pm »
Howard Webb Man Of The Match

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: January 9, 2011, 07:43:23 pm »
Bounce in a minute? I'd rather our star man run in a minute, or even for a minute. I know its tantamount to sacrilidge to even hint a criticism of Fernando here but the truth is he needs to take a long hard look at himself after that game today. All season he has looked like he isnt interested in playing for the shirt and we blamed that on Hodgson so what was the excuse today? In a game when we needed everyone to give that bit more he didnt even do his shift as far as I could see. Sure he got no service so why didnt he use his energy trying to close down their defenders and at least make them play it under some pressure instead of just standing and watching them do exactly as they please in their own time. Infact I'd go so far as to say the fastest he ran all afternoon was when they put his number up.

I've defended him against lads for a while now who have been critical of his performance but today he let us down.
Depends on a multitude of factors rather than the simple explanation you're offering. For one thing, as you accept yourself, he has been fed crumbs all season, today being a man down and a goal down for most of the game is not going to bring the best out of anyone.

Running around like a blue-arse fly may look good, but certain game plans require a 'lazy but ready' approach if you are playing counter attack and a lone striker with one or two opportunities a game.

Finally injuries and a lack of confidence can't just be clicked away; if only we knew he was worth waiting for.

One thing is certain, Nando is not one of our main problems - getting the ball to him a lot more is.

It will be interesting to see if those turning on Nando are also the ones who turned on Rafa.
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1203 on: January 9, 2011, 07:43:28 pm »
Howard Webb Man Of The Match

Has someone stolen Anderson's neck?
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Ted Bundy

• Main Stander
  • Im just misunderstood
« Reply #1204 on: January 9, 2011, 07:43:28 pm »
I find it abit sad how we(as in fans on here) seem to want to blame the ref everyweek. I thought Howard Webb had a "OK" game, and didn't favour either side. Fact is Berbatov dived & conned the ref, soon as i seen it i thought penelty, then when you see it from another angle looks like a dive.  I don't blame him for giving it, the fault should lay with Berbatov who cheated.

It was also a red card, even if it wasn't a "certain red" it was a downright stupid tackle which deserved the red for being stupid to tackle like that. Was no need for a 2 footed challenge, why even risk it, not like it was 85th minute either. The blame lays at Gerrards feet imo.

Other than that i don't see nothing wrong with Webb, what i did see wrong was a team who passed the ball well but had zero threat up front. I seen a Torres who couldn't give a crap, and unless it was offered to him on a plate he didn't want to work for the team or work to create openings.

Nice side who pass ball round, but zero zero threat. Man Utd was in 2nd gear all 2nd half.

Gerrard should be fined, Torres should be made to choose what he wants, either stay and fight or sell now and use the money on players who want to be here. What is certain unless we get a striker or two, nothing will change. Yes the performance was better as we was more offensive, but it looked betetr as under Roy we was so bad, at end of day it's still a very poor side, with average players, no attacking threat and a team that needs alot of new faces in it.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1205 on: January 9, 2011, 07:45:00 pm »
It's why I was do desperate or Roy to go. Not just the garbage we played or the resulting failure to win games, but the real prospect of him wrecking those foundations and building his own squad.
Yes, absolutely. Like any other learned skill it takes time to 'forget' things, but it can happen, and they can certainly be buried quite deep or replaced with other bad habits. The only things Hodgson was teaching is exactly the kind of stuff that Rafa STILL hadn't quite managed to 'unteach' after the Houllier years.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: January 9, 2011, 07:46:04 pm »
I find it abit sad how we(as in fans on here) seem to want to blame the ref everyweek. I thought Howard Webb had a "OK" game, and didn't favour either side. Fact is Berbatov dived & conned the ref, soon as i seen it i thought penelty, then when you see it from another angle looks like a dive.  I don't blame him for giving it, the fault should lay with Berbatov who cheated.

It was also a red card, even if it wasn't a "certain red" it was a downright stupid tackle which deserved the red for being stupid to tackle like that. Was no need for a 2 footed challenge, why even risk it, not like it was 85th minute either. The blame lays at Gerrards feet imo.

Other than that i don't see nothing wrong with Webb, what i did see wrong was a team who passed the ball well but had zero threat up front. I seen a Torres who couldn't give a crap, and unless it was offered to him on a plate he didn't want to work for the team or work to create openings.

Nice side who pass ball round, but zero zero threat. Man Utd was in 2nd gear all 2nd half.

Gerrard should be fined, Torres should be made to choose what he wants, either stay and fight or sell now and use the money on players who want to be here. What is certain unless we get a striker or two, nothing will change. Yes the performance was better as we was more offensive, but it looked betetr as under Roy we was so bad, at end of day it's still a very poor side, with average players, no attacking threat and a team that needs alot of new faces in it.

I don't blame the referee every week. Actually that's probably the first game we've been completely robbed this season. Which makes a change. As for the rest of the shit you posted, I couldn't disagree more.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1207 on: January 9, 2011, 07:46:32 pm »

So corrupt 'penalty' and a corrupt sending off and nothing is wrong?

WUM or bitter or Manc?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1208 on: January 9, 2011, 07:46:37 pm »

whilst you are probably right about the ref I think your way off the mark about nando

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1209 on: January 9, 2011, 07:47:24 pm »
Berbatov fell around a second after he went past Agger, he even managed to make two steps before falling. It clearly wasn't a penalty. Besides, what are linesmen for? It's Webb's fault and no one else's.

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: January 9, 2011, 07:48:02 pm »
Why would the FA 'investigate' Webb ffs?

How many times have we had penalties at their place? How many times have the Mancs been calling for one of them to be investigated? ffs, we got beat because of two moments of madness from two senior players - end of story.

I got e-mailed a link to a Man United site from a Bitter Blue last night, showing about a million page thread of posts from this forum and the 'conspiracies', Alex Ferguson running the FA and the whole world being corrupt.It's cringeworthy.We get iffy decisions.We get iffy goals given that cause outrage from oppo managers (Sunderland anyone?) but they're all ok 'cos it's gone in our favour.

We need to start accepting that bad results are down to our players and manager (not Kenny today, obviously) and sometimes bad luck, not this pathetic conspiracy bullshit.It's embarrasing and most of us should know better.

I would love to put down many of Webb's decisions against us over the years as bad luck but it seems like we are always have "bad luck" every time he refs our games.  Personally I think most refs are fair and I can normally pass off their bad calls as simple mistakes but when their is a trend to make these simple mistakes that cost us games every time he refs our game I think it is fair to question his impartiality.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: January 9, 2011, 07:48:23 pm »
So other than ignoring his linesman who had the best view and giving a penalty for a dive and then dishing out a red card for an incident he barely saw, Howard Webb did fine? Oh that's great. Well done him.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
« Reply #1212 on: January 9, 2011, 07:48:41 pm »
Much as I want to see young talent come through the ranks I've not seen Suso play as much as I'd like too... is he more worthy of a chance than Pacheco, Eccleston and such considering his very young age and inexperience?

Promote to the bench would be a good first step - he has the potential to solve of left midfield problem, IMHO but when he fills out a little.
From the Country of Liverpool

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: January 9, 2011, 07:48:48 pm »
I find it abit sad how we(as in fans on here) seem to want to blame the ref everyweek.

actually we blame(d) hodgeson every week....

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: January 9, 2011, 07:49:19 pm »
So other than ignoring his linesman who had the best view and giving a penalty for a dive and then dishing out a red card for an incident he barely saw, Howard Webb did fine? Oh that's great. Well done him.

Succinct and accurate. Well said.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #1215 on: January 9, 2011, 07:50:11 pm »
Webb is a scumbag. One day this will catch up with him

He must have found the red card he misplaced during the World Cup final ;)

I mean shit - he was in charge of the dirtiest World Cup final in memory, and didn't feel a red card was warranted until about the 110th minute.

Offline Baz Smythe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: January 9, 2011, 07:50:43 pm »
Think we're in desperate need of some creativity. Losing Alonso, Aquilani and Benayoun has seriously hindered us. Would like Comolli to get his arse in gear and sign a left and right winger both with a bit of pace this Jan and also would be chuffed if they brought Aquilani back. 
Follow me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/1chrissmith1

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1217 on: January 9, 2011, 07:50:54 pm »
Not been back home too long after taking ages to get out of that shithole (not just the stadium, the city as well) and then stopped off for a drink and more importantly a chippy.

Ive not read anyone else's views yet but heres what I thought.

I was so happy to watch a Liverpool team managed by Kenny Dalglish. Already I have got my hunger back from the club which had been drained following hicks/gillette and sadly, Hodgson. (not that i would have Roy anywhere near the yank twats, but it has been awful this season so far).
Just looking at the Liverpool team, it looked and felt like supporting Liverpool again.  Im sure plenty of people have a good account of the match already, but for me, you could see the difference ALREADY - Kenny has only been with the team for about 12 hours but you could just tell - they had a new hunger and desire - the fans were all 100% together - it coudnt have been more different from blackburn. We looked to play some good stuff and Im sure we are going to see a lot better from now til May.

Oh and we were cheated, out of a replay at least. Ive obviously not seen either incident again yet BUT - i don't need a replay to tell me there was no contact or foul by Agger. That was never never never a penalty - Howard Webb is a cheat - and he should be exposed as a cheat. Hes no better than that ref for Inter 1965, for me.  Also im fairly convinced it should never have been a red card for Gerrard. At the very least - a booking for both players - they both went in hard for a fair challenge - AGAIN webb cheated us on that. I don't reckon my mind will be changed by seeing a replay either.

Really really good attacking changes by Kenny as well - i was made up and can't speak properly at the moment cos my voice is gone.

Its so refreshing to have him back. We'll Never Walk Alone with Dalglish as Liverpool manager - FACT.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: January 9, 2011, 07:51:09 pm »
I would love to put down many of Webb's decisions against us over the years as bad luck but it seems like we are always have "bad luck" every time he refs our games.  Personally I think most refs are fair and I can normally pass off their bad calls as simple mistakes but when their is a trend to make these simple mistakes that cost us games every time he refs our game I think it is fair to question his impartiality.

Personally, I think the issue with Webb is that he's generally flaky on the biggest decisions. For 95% of the game he's one of the best refs out there - not needlessly stopping the game, very few silly yellows, etc. But once or twice a game, on the big decisions, he's probably more likely to make the wrong call than the right one. Having said that, I think he got Gerrard's right and I can understand how he gave the penalty - because he was too fucking lazy to keep up with the play and had a shocking view of it.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1219 on: January 9, 2011, 07:51:32 pm »
Old Trafford, I hate every inch of you.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Ted Bundy

• Main Stander
  • Im just misunderstood
« Reply #1220 on: January 9, 2011, 07:51:48 pm »

WUM or bitter or Manc?

As mostly a reader of the forum, of all the members you stick out most, as all you do is moan. If it aint about the team, or certain players, it's about everything being dodgy in Football.

Corrupt sending off? you got to be kidding me. I realise it's wrong to not go along with conspiracy theory bollocks, but i just like to put my two words in on the debate, just incase any normal people read this thread. I'd like to let it be known we are not all bitter fans everytime we lose.

Offline rafa forever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: January 9, 2011, 07:51:54 pm »
Webb was a joke as per. Bad shit house. Was happy with the performance in the second half. The 10 men battled hard apart from Nando who at the minute looks like he's not slightly assed...Was very happy with jonjo when he came on and babel and ngog for that matter. Best way to look at it is onwards and upwards.
Trade count +17

Through the thick and thin.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1222 on: January 9, 2011, 07:52:20 pm »
Depends on a multitude of factors rather than the simple explanation you're offering. For one thing, as you accept yourself, he has been fed crumbs all season, today being a man down and a goal down for most of the game is not going to bring the best out of anyone.

Running around like a blue-arse fly may look good, but certain game plans require a 'lazy but ready' approach if you are playing counter attack and a lone striker with one or two opportunities a game.

Finally injuries and a lack of confidence can't just be clicked away; if only we knew he was worth waiting for.

One thing is certain, Nando is not one of our main problems - getting the ball to him a lot more is.

It will be interesting to see if those turning on Nando are also the ones who turned on Rafa.
Being critical of his performance today doesnt ammount to turning on him does it? Is he above criticism? As for you Rafa comment I'll turn a blind one to that.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1223 on: January 9, 2011, 07:52:56 pm »
the FA apparently invistigating Ryan Babel posting the pic of Howard Webb

Good! The more media attention it brings the better. Suddenly Webb might not be in a position to give poor decisions against us!

What Ryan Babel needs to do is make a bigger issue of it - even if it means taking a ban.

Certainly seems more up for the cause of late!

Offline rickythered

• facedranter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We won it 5 Times
« Reply #1224 on: January 9, 2011, 07:53:01 pm »
The lads done us proud today full of fight and commitment 100% improvement, robbed by the c*nt in black once again. Can't see Kenny pandering to any of the big ego's (Torres subbed). Back to old boot-room philosophy, play well your in the team have a bad game your dropped or subbed star player or not and if you don't like it theres the door.
“The Liverpool jersey has become heavy to wear and I want to change that.” Brendan Rodger's

Offline BigSpruceyGob

• Sold.
  • Anny Roader
  • ITK to be honest
« Reply #1225 on: January 9, 2011, 07:58:21 pm »

WUM or bitter or Manc?

How old are you? I've got you down as about 11 years old.

He's a wum because he's not throwing the toys out of the pram and he's looking at the game objectively? Briliant. Andy, just out of interest, this conspiracy that the FA, the Premier League and United have against us - can you tell me the last time the Mancs had a penalty at Anfield and how many we've had at their place?

We're better than this.Look at the positives, rather than the mental.
Next season................whisper it............

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: January 9, 2011, 07:59:06 pm »
Great to see Keny back in the dugout with the mac on again it really is.
Liverpool FC have lost their identity as of late. We didn't need some fucking master tactician (whatever that is) to come in and analyse which way the wind is blowing. What we needed was someone who would command everyone's attention and respect, somoene to tell some players how good they actually are, someone who would stop everyone in the squad questioning our manager and someone who is not afraid to put a few big fucking noses out of joint.
For me - there was only 2 managers in the world who could have done that.
Kenny in one of them.  (and like it or not the other is Mourinho)

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1227 on: January 9, 2011, 07:59:23 pm »
Ryan Babel is facing the possibility of disciplinary action from the Football Association after responding to Liverpool's 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford by posting a mocked-up photo on his Twitter site of the referee Howard Webb wearing a Manchester United shirt.

Webb had incensed Liverpool by awarding a first-minute penalty when Dimitar Berbatov went to ground after a slight touch from Daniel Agger and then sending off Steven Gerrard for a dangerous challenge on Michael Carrick.

Kenny Dalglish, returning as Liverpool manager, called the penalty "a joke" and Babel posted the picture of Webb with the message: "And they call him one of the best referees? That's a joke. SMH."

"SMH" is the abbreviation for "shaking my head" and Babel's attack will almost certainly lead to the FA intervening on the basis that he is alleging impartiality on the part of the man who refereed the World Cup final and was made an MBE in the Queen's New Year's honours list. An FA spokesman has confirmed they are aware of the incident and are looking into it.

Dalglish's son, Paul, also vented his feelings on Twitter, posting a mocked-up picture of Mr. Ferguson with his arm around Webb, again in a United shirt.

Dalglish junior wrote: "Howard Webb MBE. Manc of the Busby Era. I am not normally bitter, as you know, but it is different rules against them." In a separate tweet, he added: "Mr Alex Ferguson has his puppet Howard Webb on a piece of string."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/09/ryan-babel-howard-webb-manchester-united-liverpool

Excellent! Now the bastard will have to live and die by his decisions in future!

MBE my arse.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #1228 on: January 9, 2011, 08:00:43 pm »
You WHAT?????

Both his feet were OFF THE GROUND and POINTING at the other player,

No...they weren't actually......one foot was under the other, very helpfully Ferdinard pointed out he thought it was two footed to the referee, if it was so bad the referee would have been STRAIGHT TO the pocket for the card, and even it you lip read Steve he actually says "Two footed!??! Fuck off!!!!" to Ferdinard as he was assisting Mr Webb in his refereeing....whereas Da Silva was a two footed stamp
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 08:06:23 pm by Greyfox »

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1229 on: January 9, 2011, 08:00:59 pm »
Why would the FA 'investigate' Webb ffs?
What they, or someone should do is not specifically investigate Webb but to investigate bias in reffing decisions full stop. It's perfectly possible to research it and get proper hard data.

Because while it's fair to say that EVERY club thinks the media and refs hate them, and while I think it's also fair to say that the bigger the club, (or rather the bigger the club's rep and home support) the more decisions go it's way at home, and I also think it's fair to say that high profile English players also get favoured by refs, I also think it's telling that basically every club see things as biased towards Man Utd. Spurs fans, Arsenal fans, Wolves fans - sure they'll moan about their own club, and probably certain clubs and rival clubs, but EVERYONE sees an issue with Man Utd.

For example, I think it's telling that when Rafa, who basically thanks to the media is generally mocked and seen as a total clown by the vast majority of general fans (as far as I can tell) actually stood up and attacked Fungus, that's also the ONE time I can remember fans in general being in complete agreement with him and generally saying stuff like 'good on him' etc etc.

I'll even go further than that.

Given the money in the game, given that Sky are LEGALLY REQUIRED to maximise their profits, and given that Man Utd are the most popular club domestically and probably even more importantly worldwide, it would in fact be naive to think that there's no bias of any kind in their favour.

It is absolutely 100% in Sky's commercial interest for Man Utd to be successful, for their rep to be played up, for that club to be glorified and the manager and players feted and hyped, and for their stars to be on the pitch as often as possible. Man Utd sell more subscriptions, set top boxes, HD upgrades and fucking 3d glasses than any other club in England. Looking at it cold heartedly, if Sky weren't using Man Utd as a means by which to maximise profits then their execs and shareholders should be asking questions.

It's not all down to Sky by any means, but it also isn't a pure coincidence that the Man Utd years have also been the Sky years. It also isn't a coincidence, or just down to tactics alone (though that is probably the main reason) that Utd have been relatively shit on the continental stage, considering the number of chances they've had and the amount of cash they've thrown at the problem.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1230 on: January 9, 2011, 08:01:14 pm »
Being critical of his performance today doesnt ammount to turning on him does it? Is he above criticism? As for you Rafa comment I'll turn a blind one to that.
To put it into context a bit better, I'd been having a look at Nando's thread (normally steer clear of the player threads to be honest) and some of the stick he was getting is really unbalanced. Your post was just confirming even more people hold this kind of 'he's lazy' perspective. I did give what could be valid reasons for him not being on fire so far this season, and my last comment was that there are plenty of parallels with fans turning too soon on someone who is a proven winner; might be good if we collectively learned some lessons and showed a bit of patience.
It wasn't really a go at you and your verdict on his game today, more a general concern; thanks for replying.
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline RobbyR

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • A retro red from another generation
« Reply #1231 on: January 9, 2011, 08:01:38 pm »
) Howard Webb managed to last all of 20 seconds before awarding his fourth penalty to Manchester United from his last six games in charge at Old Trafford. Does his MBE stand for Manchester Bias Everytime?

A red since 67

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1232 on: January 9, 2011, 08:02:25 pm »

This is the closest I could find for you mate...

Enjoy...
:wellin

Offline staalpete

• Main Stander
« Reply #1233 on: January 9, 2011, 08:02:31 pm »
gutted we lost, but so fuckin good to actually feel shit about a game again! thought the lads did well, looked a new team out there!
who will Howard Webb be playing next round?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1234 on: January 9, 2011, 08:03:59 pm »
How old are you? I've got you down as about 11 years old.

He's a wum because he's not throwing the toys out of the pram and he's looking at the game objectively? Briliant. Andy, just out of interest, this conspiracy that the FA, the Premier League and United have against us - can you tell me the last time the Mancs had a penalty at Anfield and how many we've had at their place?

We're better than this.Look at the positives, rather than the mental.
Don't get him angry...

You won't like him when he's angry..

He turns green and rips his clothes off...

The moobs are not a pretty sight.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1235 on: January 9, 2011, 08:04:22 pm »
todays performance has let me feeling very positive. looking forward to the blackpool game now. obviously 1-0's not ideal but we played some good football today and we we're unlcuky not to snatch a draw. if only we had been drawn at anfield kennys (2nd) debut as manager would have ended with a win. onwards and upwards
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #1236 on: January 9, 2011, 08:04:37 pm »
Gutted about the result, especially because we were cheated but the performance was great.
Back four looked solid, so did Reina.
Midfield worked hard.
Torres and maybe Maxi, were the only dissapointments.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1237 on: January 9, 2011, 08:05:18 pm »
I haven't read this topic so apoliogies if it's already been discussed. But I picked a few quotes from Kennys post match interview to compare with Roys..

Shocking how different he is to Roy. Look at the difference in a few of the bolded quotes:

Incredible, isn't it? Managers do set the tone of an entire club with their personality. Roy was literally leeching life energy out of our soul.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #1238 on: January 9, 2011, 08:05:45 pm »
He must have found the red card he misplaced during the World Cup final ;)

I mean shit - he was in charge of the dirtiest World Cup final in memory, and didn't feel a red card was warranted until about the 110th minute.

Webb is a c*nt. Lost control of the wc final by not issuing an early red for the karate kick so all the players decided if it's a yellow for that it's open season! The worst wc final in yeras occurs and we give him a fucking MBE.

Sad times in our counrty..
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1239 on: January 9, 2011, 08:06:42 pm »
English refs are shite and the Mancs get everything they want. Remember Westbrom recently.

But that´s nothing new. Everyone knows this and it´s going on for years. Only Rafa had the guts to point this out in public and now Ryan. Well in!

One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10