Author Topic: Round table: Firmino the next piece in the puzzle  (Read 91412 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Round table: Firmino the next piece in the puzzle
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2015, 09:06:31 am »
I agree with this whether he will be given time to adapt is my only worry. Wouldn't come as a complete shock to see him loaned out next year in the arse end of Europe if he doesn't find his feet in the next few months.

Exactly. If there's one thing we don't give players anymore it's time. Do it straight away or you're out. There's not many Coutinho's who come in straight away and look great.

Firmino could join Markovic at Fenerbache if he doesn't find his feet quickly. Markovic never played in his best position either.

We've got a similar vibe to Arsenal at the moment in terms of having loads of attacking midfielders who we can't fit into the team at once. and lots of them are lightweight fancy dans who won't really get stuck in.

We're a poor man's Arsenal. But Wenger's tight with money so there's less wastage every year and they tend to stick with what they've got. Wenger has less of a disposable attitude to players than Rodgers, he makes do with what he's got and finds ways to make it work. He doesn't bomb people out all the time and gives players time to adapt. It took Henry and Pires a year.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:12:04 am by Bitter Mug »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2015, 09:12:02 am »
Exactly. If there's one thing we don't give players anymore it's time. Do it straight away or you're out. There's not many Coutinho's who come in straight away and look great.

Firmino could join Markovic at Fenerbache if he doesn't find his feet quickly. Markovic never played in his best position either.

We're a poor man's Arsenal. But Wenger's tight with money so there's less wastage every year and they tend to stick with what they've got. Wenger has less of a disposable attitude to players than Rodgers, he makes do with what he's got and finds ways to make it work. He doesn't bomb people out all the time.

Hey Boss! It's not my fault the players haven't adapted!!! Just means I'll buy some more and rebuild....it's all gooooooooooooooood :P

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2015, 09:16:38 am »
Shocking that those running the club cant see that players and in effect huge amounts of money wasted with players bought in with no plan of how to play them.

There again we already knew FSG dont really know much about football.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2015, 05:52:36 pm »
Shocking that those running the club cant see that players and in effect huge amounts of money wasted with players bought in with no plan of how to play them.

I cannot understand why the people calling shots above the coach are Gordon - not a football person - and Ian Ayre - not a football person, and why whenever FSG wants to do something they speak to external 'advisors'. Why dont we just hire the advisors and get rid of the rest?!

firmino is a good player, much better in the final third than coutinho, and should be playing there somewhere - ideally through the middle - with Coutinho pushed back or beside him in a Christmas tree. What a waste of good players

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2015, 11:56:49 am »
Still expect him to have a big impact this season once the Benteke experiment comes to an end... There were quite a few occasions at the weekend with Sturridge furthest forward & Benteke with the ball deep that would have been ideal for Firmino rather than our limited target man. Rodgers loves the bold tactical changes so bound to have his chance at some point & its on him to take it.

Ayre alluded all signings were Rodgers this summer so hard to blame those above him. Would be interesting to know if Firmino was a longterm target or just offered around this summer though.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2015, 09:54:40 pm »
Just doesn't look bothered to me
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2015, 10:35:28 pm »
Seems a bit of a bottler so far, disappointing.

Offline swordfishtrombone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2015, 10:39:52 pm »

I think that's probably it.

Offline Fazakerley Red

• No longer angry :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fazakerley Red
« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2015, 10:42:16 pm »
hasnt showed a lot yet has firmino .

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2015, 11:10:47 pm »
Don't think he's been bad to be honest, just struggling to make a direct impact because we're playing so poorly. He's got good numbers, comparable with his form last season.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2015, 11:36:10 pm »
Think he'll come very good in the right team. In a functional team with a functional creative outlet, I've got no worries about that whatsoever.

When that will happen is another question as we're looking far from being functional in any sense, form of way.

Offline redy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2015, 12:11:14 am »
He is suffering being in a dysfunctional team. Hard enough adapting to the Premier League.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2015, 02:08:18 am »
Won't be doing anything for awhile anyway.

Hasn't got going really and the injury isn't going to help.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 03:06:49 am by Number 7 »
YWNA

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 25, 2015, 02:17:14 am »
Game of small margins. Benteke puts away his cross against Arsenal then he has a good assist to his name, hits the bar against the Mancs (think it was them) another day that goes in and he gets himself on the score sheet. Slow start to his Liverpool career but we're struggling as a team and he's adapting to a new league. He'll come good, he's too good a player not to.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline chrishughes

• no brainer...
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #174 on: September 25, 2015, 06:28:21 am »
Doesn't look physical enough to track back and defend. Going forward it's going to take time to develop an understanding with his teammates. The injury is a real setback.

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2015, 06:38:23 am »
Hasn't shown too much yet, but that's hard to do when there are such deep problems with our current setup and system. Expect him to come around and show his real quality when we finally sort the big issues out with the current system and start playing better football consistently (I mean surely we eventually will, right?).

Shame about the injury setback though. Was excited looking forward to seeing more of him playing up around Sturridge specifically.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2015, 09:48:23 am »
He is suffering being in a dysfunctional team. Hard enough adapting to the Premier League.
This 110%.

The guy is class.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2015, 09:49:21 am »
Rodgers just said in his press conference that he expects him to be out for a while and he may have broken a bone in his back

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2015, 09:54:42 am »
Rodgers just said in his press conference that he expects him to be out for a while and he may have broken a bone in his back
Jeez.

Looks like he's going to have a Lallana stop start season at his 1st year at the club.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2015, 09:55:01 am »

Not wanting injury on anyone but a break for him could do him good. He is in and out of the team like a yo yo and it's hard coming into the fast pace of the PL.

Give him time.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 25, 2015, 10:10:35 am »
Doesn't look physical enough to track back and defend. Going forward it's going to take time to develop an understanding with his teammates. The injury is a real setback.

Worked his socks off against Norwich and was first or second on the team in terms of tackles made. It detracted too much from his attacking, but he's certainly put the effort in effectively when asked to do so, defensively.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: September 25, 2015, 10:34:53 am »

To me he looks baffled to be honest. Doesn't know his role or the position he's being asked to play. We're putting him out on the wings constantly and telling him to get back so Clyne can get forward.

He's not Dirk Kuyt. He's not naturally a winger. He should be behind the strikers and Coutinho should be in midfield.

Its hard to judge a player without seeing them play in the role they excelled at...i have no idea why we sign players and expect them to become someone else on day 1.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 25, 2015, 10:36:17 am »
i have no idea why we sign players and expect them to become someone else on day 1.

Offline Serano

• Kopite
« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2015, 11:34:08 am »
To me he looks baffled to be honest. Doesn't know his role or the position he's being asked to play. We're putting him out on the wings constantly and telling him to get back so Clyne can get forward.

He's not Dirk Kuyt. He's not naturally a winger. He should be behind the strikers and Coutinho should be in midfield.

Its hard to judge a player without seeing them play in the role they excelled at...i have no idea why we sign players and expect them to become someone else on day 1.

I also think there is an element of overlap with Coutinho. They both probably want to occupy the same space and positions on the field, as they're both ideally suited to the number 10 role. I believe that's the role he played at Hoffenheim too?

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 25, 2015, 12:47:07 pm »
Not wanting injury on anyone but a break for him could do him good. He is in and out of the team like a yo yo and it's hard coming into the fast pace of the PL.

Give him time.

But he will still have to adapt when fit & we may not have as many cup matches by then. Its Awful news for him & us.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2015, 11:04:20 pm »

Ridiculous thing to say.

How anyone is making such judgements based on the little playing time he has had (none of which has been in his actual position by the way) is beyond me.

Not sure why he was signed to be honest, as clearly the coaching staff have no clue what his game is or where he excels.

The injury is shit.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:07:16 pm by Tom_B »
We're on our way to glory...

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2015, 11:18:10 pm »
Just hope the combination of the injury and our awful start doesn't put the stops on his Liverpool career. Was beyond excited when we signed him and this injury is shocking news. Hopefully he's not out too long and can slot into the first team. Seemed to be playing with the handbrake on before, need to see the direct Firmino that made him one of the most effective players in Bundesliga.
JFT97

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2015, 03:17:40 am »
When talking about positions, Lallana shouldn't be forgotten. I think he also is better centrally, as a no10.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2015, 04:00:09 am »
Ridiculous thing to say.

How anyone is making such judgements based on the little playing time he has had (none of which has been in his actual position by the way) is beyond me.

Not sure why he was signed to be honest, as clearly the coaching staff have no clue what his game is or where he excels.

The injury is shit.

It's just a lazy thing to say really.  Some players look different while playing the game.  Just because a player isn't running around like a headless chicken doesn't mean he isn't trying.  Same sort of lazy assumptions were launched at Balotelli etc., when it's not true.

He's not gonna track back like a fullback either if people were expecting that he's like a second strike / number 10 player who can press from the front.

If were are ever gonna see if he can create in this league he needs to be played further up the pitch and with at least another person around him.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 04:02:55 am by Redinho »

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2015, 07:08:42 am »

Give him time.

What a daft thing to say.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #190 on: September 26, 2015, 07:21:26 am »
When we signed Firmino I was so upbeat because I thought it was a clear sign that we would be returning to the high-press and high energy approach that made us successful two seasons ago. So far we've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that we'll be looking to play that way, which makes signing Firmino (and Lallana) for so much money look rather odd as that's exactly the type of system they flourish in.

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #191 on: September 26, 2015, 07:21:30 am »

Last two seasons he got 23 goals and 21 assists. I hope when he comes back there is a new manager in charge who will play him at his best position.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2015, 09:08:18 am »
Needs players around him needs to be played as close to goal as possible.
Not the type of player to go past 3 on his way to goal and then slot in the bottom corner.
Coutinho and Firmino needs to swap positions. I personally don't think playing so far up field suits Phil and Bob is too deep.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 26, 2015, 09:58:26 am »
What's the latest prognosis, how long will he be out for?
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2015, 12:37:31 pm »
Shocking stuttering fool. ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SgLaTg78f9Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SgLaTg78f9Y</a>

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2015, 05:21:17 pm »
Shocking stuttering fool. ;D

:lmao

What the fuck is he saying? :D
-Hey Firminho... xxaxxzcjnfanf

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2015, 09:37:42 pm »
Had a good game , unlucky not to score . Looking a lot sharper and made some good passes and some cheeky touches.

Hope to see him replicate his Hoffenheim form soon !
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2015, 09:43:10 pm »
Eh, the first match for us when he came on he flicked the ball up from a dead situation to beat the defender. His flicks are like futsal, the nutmeg today before taking the shot was brilliant.

He's going to be a big big player for us and I think it's clear he's the player who will play behind the striker.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2015, 09:43:41 pm »
Silky smooth

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2015, 09:44:05 pm »