Author Topic: Review of Fat Scouser’s new book: "The Life & Opinions of Mr Nobody – Shithouse"  (Read 84423 times)

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Due to currently being about 45,000 words into my own book, I know how infuriatingly difficult it can be at times, and to actually go all the way and end up self-publishing it as you are doing (Which is highly commendable given the state of the likes of Amazon, as you said) is fantastic.

Top job.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
Thanks to everybody for all the support and well wishes. I'm only here for a few minutes. It's me first time home in the last few days. Them Scouse funerals are a bit like Viking ones, just a bit more alcohol and fighting. They're all making their way home today, though. So, I'll get to this over the weekend, and I'll get a full list of postage prices.

I know people would like to be able to download it, but there's a bit of a problem there. I decided to do all this meself. I never approached any agents or publishers. I looked into a few things, and if I do a kindle version, you will get charged about the same without postage and they will pay me about 50 pence for every book. I'm not earning much more than that anyway. On top of that, seeing the book is really about how we are all robbed and there being no real justice, I don't want to add to Amazon's coffers. It's bad enough using bloody pay pal and the post office. They're both robbing bastards. And to the few people who think they are better off than Kalahari Bushmen, look at the facts.

This is not some episode of the X-Files. There is no conspiracy theory here. IT'S FACT! We are being robbed blind. We are paying for the bankers theft over and over and over again. If you are in your 20's, there will be fuck all left when you hit my age and to pay for the privilege of  that, you will have to work until you are older than the aul arse thread. They are fucking us, and we are paying for it. If you refuse to co-operate they will kick your door in, drag you away in the dead of night, and put you in prison without a proper trial.... trial under illegal law, that they make up as they go along.

Want to agree with them and their system, that's your right. Me, I'm not having it. But writing about it and telling people what's going on is about all I can do. And they even make that next to impossible. Mainstream media is the mouthpiece of the ruling class. They don't want unwashed upstarts having a say. Years back, I wrote a film script about kidnapping a member of the royal family. I send it off to many places. Nobody even answered me. I sent a letter to the British Film Institute looking for some advice. Turns out the BFI is a charity and it's patron is Prince Charles. You think you aren't being robbed, ask un-taxed Duchy of Cornwall for a nicker.

http://www.ukcolumn.org/
Have a look for yourself. But be quick. They're already working on censoring all this.

Just a suggestion but you wouldn't necssarily have to use Amazon mate, just set up a PayPal account and when people pay you send them an electronic copy, PDF etc to read on an e reader

I read most of my books digitally now but I will buy hard copy

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
Just a suggestion but you wouldn't necssarily have to use Amazon mate, just set up a PayPal account and when people pay you send them an electronic copy, PDF etc to read on an e reader

That's the way to go, Leo.  I'd be game for this.

Victorious and glorious....

royhendo

It's inspiring me to get writing, that's for sure. :)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
I just got home after 5 days of it, so I'll be licking me wounds for a little longer. Me Ma got a proper send off, indeed. As for the book, I'll get all the orders in the post tomorrow. Please don't order it, if you live abroad. I don't want you paying all that postage. I'm looking into this downloading malarkey and the good techie people of RAWK are going to help if they can.

In fact, that's why I came on here now. I want to say thank you to everyone for all the good wishes and support. RAWK comes in for a lot of stick, but it's a cracking site and, with having so many posters, there's bound to be a few beauts lurking about. But like they say... one man's beaut is another man's thingio, and there's plenty who think I'm a bit of a prick an all. So, thanks to everyone. And for the people who still like actual books instead of the digital ones, I'll get a full postage price list sorted out and posted tomorrow. Just got to get shot of this hangover now. I'm getting too old for that carry on.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
Leo it would be great if you did an audio book version. I'm listening to the Alan Partridge one at the moment read by Coogan as Partridge, bloody hilarious.

All the best with it anyway, a great achievement to write and get a book published.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
Leo it would be great if you did an audio book

That really would be great.!
Nice one Leo. placing my order now.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
get it set up for Kindle and i am in FS, can you let me know when you are doing signings in Waterstones though Leo
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
cyber style of course!

Sounds good.

Seriously though, hope this goes well FS and it might inspire other reds to do the same.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Good Luck Leo.

You are an inspiration mate.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
Im feeling left out and unloved here mate. That End book cos a tenner to ship over here and a load of us paid it.

BTW everyone, if paying through Paypal, when asked what the payment is for, click on 'Gift' that way Leo isnt paying those ridiculous fee's to those money hungry gobshites.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 07:36:49 pm by tony new mexico »
'Transalpino 1978

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Im feeling left out and unloved here mate.

Don't be like that. We all love you. But you're right, it costs about a tenner to ship to the States... DON'T PAY IT!

I just come into say, I won't be around today. I'm dead busy, but I'm off to the post office right now to get the books that people have ordered in the post. You should get them tomorrow or Wednesday.

I'll get the price list of postal charges as promised, but I've been getting a few tips from the good people of RAWK. Hopefully there's a way to sort this out, so there'll be a downloadable version and cheaper books for us wrinklies who still like turning a dusty page.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Paddock77

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • The King and I
Don't be like that. We all love you. But you're right, it costs about a tenner to ship to the States... DON'T PAY IT!

I just come into say, I won't be around today. I'm dead busy, but I'm off to the post office right now to get the books that people have ordered in the post. You should get them tomorrow or Wednesday.

I'll get the price list of postal charges as promised, but I've been getting a few tips from the good people of RAWK. Hopefully there's a way to sort this out, so there'll be a downloadable version and cheaper books for us wrinklies who still like turning a dusty page.

Great FS. Hope mine is in that batch. Off on holiday soon so hoping to have it for that. Well done.
" A bastion of invincibility"

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Good stuff Leo.
Will you still talk to us when you're rich and famous?   ;)

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
Just ordered mine, can't wait to read it!
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
Good luck Fats
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Online boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Can I have mine autographed with a nice comment from the author? Just in case it turns out to be worth something for Bargain Hunt.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Cleveland_Red

• Anny Roader
  • Cleveland Is The City-Liverpool Is The Life
"Football in many ways mirrors the society that we have become, self obsessed and shallow."

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
Have you looked at things like www.lulu.com , FS?

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
Congrats and good luck with the book. Great achievement.
When in Rome...

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Have you looked at things like www.lulu.com , FS?

whats thw address in your sig for?
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Can I have mine autographed with a nice comment from the author? Just in case it turns out to be worth something for Bargain Hunt.
More like bargain bin, but too late. It's already in the post. They should start arriving in the morning,

Will you still talk to us when you're rich and famous?   ;)
I never talked to you and the rest of the rebrobates in the first place.

Anyway, just came in to give the postage costs for outside the UK. I thought it was more complicated than this, but...
Europe, including the republic of Ireland... £6.45
Rest of the world... £10.45

But don't buy it, as I said, I'm trying to sort better distribution and prices. So, hold your horses. I should have something sorted very soon. I tried the likes of Lulu and some other companies. It would have been more expensive than I'm doing it for and so would the postage. Hopefully though, I'm onto something better. So, hang fire for now.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Leo, you're no marketing guru, are you? I've heard of anti-marketing but your taking the piss. You've just launched your book you've started getting a bit of momentum going and you're telling all hands to swerve buying your book.

But don't buy it, as I said, I'm trying to sort better distribution and prices. So, hold your horses. I should have something sorted very soon. I tried the likes of Lulu and some other companies. It would have been more expensive than I'm doing it for and so would the postage. Hopefully though, I'm onto something better. So, hang fire for now.

Appreciate, you're being honest and telling people they may save a few quid in the future but you probably tip the taxi driver more on a night out than what they'll save by waiting for you to get distribution costs down.

So bollocks to that, if you don't want to be a mingebag and you want to be part of helping one of Rawk's own to keep out of mischief and most of all, you want a good laugh, then click on here and buy this book.

http://www.misternobody.co.uk/buy

P.S. You might be a good writer but don't go into webdesign or content.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:15:28 am by The 92A »
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Online boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Arrived today FS. My its a weighty tome. At least it will work as a door stop when ive read it. Read the intro during lunch hour. :)
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
whats thw address in your sig for?

Just something daft that someone put up here ages ago. Should probably delete it now.

More like bargain bin, but too late. It's already in the post. They should start arriving in the morning,
I never talked to you and the rest of the rebrobates in the first place.

Anyway, just came in to give the postage costs for outside the UK. I thought it was more complicated than this, but...
Europe, including the republic of Ireland... £6.45
Rest of the world... £10.45

Yeah I guess if its a weighty novel it would be expensive. I'll order the old fashioned one anyway.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just something daft that someone put up here ages ago. Should probably delete it now.

Just i was by there the other day. no big deal like

Books flying out here Leo. Well done mate.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
£6.45 to Ireland  :o

It would be cheaper to fly over and pick it up personally  ;)

Nah mate seriously,best of luck,ill get me order in as soon as i twig this paypal malarkey  :wave
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Got mine today  :wave , haven't really had a chance to start it but will do this evening I hope.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
received today,with thanks FS,,if i can get off RAWK for 5 minutes this week ill have a go of it.flicked through a few pages an i can tell its going to be good.
bollocks

Offline gdr

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Thanks Leo. Arrived today. Bloody well packed!!
Off to France on hols next week.
Looking forward to the read.

Offline rayev

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
cheers Leo. mine arrived today. thats me holiday read sorted.
The youth of today, you give them a leg up in life and all they want to do is boot you up the arse with it. (Arthur Daley)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks Leo. Arrived today. Bloody well packed!!
Off to France on hols next week.
Looking forward to the read.
Its like cracking a safe open .........

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
Right, I'm getting mine ordered tomorrow.

I'm a little bit late on this but 'nice one' Fats. 

And thanks guys for the book review in the OP.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Still haven't got mine

I blame FSG!

(Fat Scouser's Gofer)
 ;)

Ps - more likely because my postie is a bit crap
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
Leo, you're no marketing guru, are you? I've heard of anti-marketing but your taking the piss. You've just launched your book you've started getting a bit of momentum going and you're telling all hands to swerve buying your book.

Appreciate, you're being honest and telling people they may save a few quid in the future but you probably tip the taxi driver more on a night out than what they'll save by waiting for you to get distribution costs down.

So bollocks to that, if you don't want to be a mingebag and you want to be part of helping one of Rawk's own to keep out of mischief and most of all, you want a good laugh, then click on here and buy this book.

http://www.misternobody.co.uk/buy

P.S. You might be a good writer but don't go into webdesign or content.

Ver well said sir.  Well done Leo, good luck lad!
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My copy arrived yesterday, Tuesday. Very well wrapped, lovely black cover. I read the introduction earlier, now I'm going to settle and down and read just a few pages before bedtime, which probably means I'll be up all night.

Well done and getting this written and set up and sent out, and I'm looking forward to saying more once I've read it.

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
Got mine yesterday as well, read about 150 pages last night. It's bloody good, just like sitting in some aul fella's living room while he tells you his life story. Can't wait to get home tonight and read some more.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Got mine yesterday as well, read about 150 pages last night. It's bloody good, just like sitting in some aul fella's living room while he tells you his life story. Can't wait to get home tonight and read some more.
Oh Dear, they'll all think it's that. I best get working on the sequel... I am Maggie Thatcher and Ronald Reagan's secret love child. 

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
I meant it in a nice way.  The way you've written it, no beating around the bush, and it's how I'd imagine you'd put things if it was face to face, sort of thing.

Anyway, it 's boss so far.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
I meant it in a nice way.  The way you've written it, no beating around the bush, and it's how I'd imagine you'd put things if it was face to face, sort of thing.

Anyway, it 's boss so far.
Thank you Jack, and I was only arsing about. But I reckon loads of people will think it's my story, when the truth is, I'm the Shrink.