Author Topic: Review of Fat Scouser’s new book: "The Life & Opinions of Mr Nobody – Shithouse"  (Read 84254 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
I've got tons of things to deal with at the moment. I can only get to the internet for a short while each day. Bit of a complicated story, but I am working on getting a downloadable version sorted. It should be done by the weekend/early next week. It's probably going to mean handing it over to some company, but I've been weighing up me options.

We all have to deal with the devils. It's just finding the lesser of them. That Paypal is one of the worst. I hating using them. They should be closed down by the Monopolies Commission. So, it might be better to go through one of the smaller publishing sites.

The bastards have you every way up... but as your getting taxed and robbed left right and center today, remember it's immoral to pay your local gardener in cash.

Anyway, bear with me. I'll have it sorted, best I can, very soon.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds good FS. Might hang-fire and see about the download version then, good to know which way you go in terms of lesser evils.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
FS, just received mine! Thanks. Looks amazingly interesting.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Got mine today as well.  Thanks Leo.

Had time to read the intro at lunchtime, can't wait to get stuck in properly later, it reads fantastically mate!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
I'm having real trouble with this ebook malarkey. Every time I seem to have found the right option, some fly gets in the ointment. I've looked at a few outfits. That Smashwords operation seemed about the best. I was going to sign up with them. I read some reviews to be on the safe side first. It seems it's not all it's cracked up to be.

All suggestions gratefully accepted. As, in all honesty, I'm struggling to sort it out, I can't get at the internet for long periods and I've got more important things to be getting on with.

If you're thinking of doing this... don't. It'll drive you crackers.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Arrived this morning. Cheers FS. Been reading it all afternoon. Nice one.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
As Fats's agent, I mean reviewer, I recommend folks to get the hard copy of the book and get cracking now with your summer read. It's a solid wedge of paper, true, but you can't beat a proper book that you can pull from a shelf can you? It's a lovely thing to have.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
As Fats's agent, I mean reviewer, I recommend folks to get the hard copy of the book and get cracking now with your summer read. It's a solid wedge of paper, true, but you can't beat a proper book that you can pull from a shelf can you? It's a lovely thing to have.

And it's very strong and absorbent.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
And it's very strong and absorbent.
Like me nappy.

Right, I'm off. But, like I said, any ebook suggestions gratefully accepted.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
Fats struggles with modern technology......

NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
Do it old school Leo will ya!

Put a tape into the ol tape deck and speak the book into it.That would be hilarious man.  :)
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
Dictaphone joke alert....Dictaphone joke alert....
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
got him one of these to use

www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Do it old school Leo will ya!

Put a tape into the ol tape deck and speak the book into it.That would be hilarious man.  :)
Especially cos I sound just like one of our players.... Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Titi Camara he sounds like.
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Titi Camara he sounds like.
No. I look like him. Well, the top of me head does. Mind you, come to think of it, me own titties look like that an all.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
Tell yers what, it's a fucking rollercoaster this book. Dunno whether to laugh or cry half the time. Brilliant up to now.

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
Like me nappy.

Right, I'm off. But, like I said, any ebook suggestions gratefully accepted.

PMed you.

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
PMed you.

I'm sure ol' Cally will have a solution, but all I can suggest is that you make this simple. Convert the thing to pdf, and simply send the pdf to the purchaser via email once payment is received on paypal. Kindle/ipad users can figure out the rest for themselves. I want my copy over here in Australia!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

This makes sense people  :wave
Its a neat little book, perhaps the 2nd Edition could have a foreword and make it a real collectors item.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
Oh bollocks where's me teeth, oh shit did I just press enter....
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Looks as if I need to bump this, which is a shame (that I need to).

A book written by one of our own, probably among the very top select passionate, from-the-heart Reds that I know.  Always bang on with his observations.  Witty and funny too.

The fella writes a book, and the level of support/interest here is shameful.

I have read the first 100 pages now, and for a first time writer, I can't believe how good this book is.

Get on it you miserable sods, and support someone who would support YOU if you are as genuine as he is.

Rant over.

PS Anyone want to spread the word about this novel/biopic to other sites?  Cos it is a fantastic, provoking read.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

A book written by one of our own, probably among the very top select passionate, from-the-heart Reds that I know.  Always bang on with his observations.  Witty and funny too.

I have read the first 100 pages now, and for a first time writer, I can't believe how good this book is.

Get on it you miserable sods, and support someone who would support YOU if you are as genuine as he is.

Rant over.

PS Anyone want to spread the word about this novel/biopic to other sites?  Cos it is a fantastic, provoking read.

Imagine quite a few are waiting for the online option (like myself). Don't really fancy waiting until I'm back in the uk to get one, which will take months. Until then, there's not much to say!

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
Fats I know your busy mate, is this on Kindle download yet?.

I was busy last week, tried to order it on line and was all fingers and thumbs. Its not ordered but I want to buy a copy.

If Kindle isn't happening (and I know your views on the Global Organisations who control things) then I will try again on line.

Let me know and Good luck, trust your feeling better.

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
Read it and loved it,really hope Fats has started his next one.
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Would love to have a read, when i've a few pennies i'll be back :)
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Would love to have a read, when i've a few pennies i'll be back :)

got a copy here, when i meet you next week you can borrow it, dont think Leo will mind.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers Paul, i'll look forward to some good bedtime reading material next week!
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers Paul, i'll look forward to some good bedtime reading material next week!

its mister nobody , not playboy.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
So you've finally got round to writing that book FS, however i must say, you took your bloody time didnt you ;)

Havent a clue about paypal but i think my mate uses it so i'll try and get a copy ordered.
Unless its going to be in the local library... in which case i'll nick it before the c*nts close it down. ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:39:26 am by yorkyrawky »

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
Fats I know your busy mate, is this on Kindle download yet?.

Hopefully soon. I know it's being worked on. Watch this space in a week or so.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan

Rant over.

Thanks for the bump, CTR. But I have to say something here... I couldn't thank RAWK, and the posters on here, enough. The site and the members have been great. The mods get some gyp, from me more than most, but still they put this thread on the main forum and gave the book, and me, a great boost. All the mods, Hendo, Yorkie, I honestly can't say enough to thank them. The help I've got from people on here, has been brilliant.

Look at that post by Callaghan. What he's not saying is... he's volunteered to do the conversion for kindle and all that malarkey. Many people have sent me help and suggestions on how to do it, but I had a couple of problems... 1: I'm up the wall and haven't got the time to do it. 2: I'm thick when it comes to this caper and probably never would fathom it all out, anyway.

So, I owe some people a great debt of gratitude, let alone a few bob or a good session in the Flat Iron or alehouse of their choice next time I'm up. I'd honestly have been lost without this site and all the help and encouragement I've been given.

RAWK gets slatted all the time, by all sorts of people. I love the gaff. I owe it plenty. The whole club does really. But the dropsie will have to wait until I'm rich and famous... don't be holding anything in on the off chance of that happening, though. All I've made so far is debts. There's defo easier ways of making a living. In fact, I think I'm going back to my old job of looking for work.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
RAWK gets slatted all the time, by all sorts of people. I love the gaff. I owe it plenty. The whole club does really.

Thanks for the kind words, they really mean a lot to us. We wouldn't be where we are without posters like you. Leo. And you wouldn't be where you are without RAWK ;) :D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Thanks for the kind words, they really mean a lot to us. We wouldn't be where we are without posters like you. Leo. And you wouldn't be where you are without RAWK ;) :D
I'm not just saying it to be nice in here, Michael mate. I mean every word. I've said it loads of times before... for all the gyp and stick it gets, from insiders and outsiders, RAWK is a brilliant thing. It's not just my favourite LFC site. It's me favourite site on the net and probably one of the best site, let alone footy/LFC sites. I take a little break from it from time to time. I even get the odd enforced one. But then, I do have me kick offs and don't see eye to eye with everyone. But I always end up missing the site and coming back. I get a laugh out of the gaff, even from some people that I don't get on with. And as far as LFC and football goes, I still find this place, and some of the posters on here, to be the best source for information and discussion.

Let's face it, we all knock RAWK now and again and fall out with it, but we're all still here and most always end up coming back. Nah. Far as I'm concerned, RAWK's more than alright.

Offline JIM FIXX

• Gizza light? Jog on!
  • Main Stander
  • We should all listen to Yul Brynner, I wish I had.
Couple of quick questions if anyone could answer.

Flying to the UK this friday then out again on the monday. Any chance that if I order today it'll arrive before or during that short window (UK address). (No UK addressed paypal, so will use paypal guest.)

Also regarding the paypal, does that money go straight to FS?
ie, if I put in more than the required amount, that doesn't get robbed by paypal.

Really looking forward to reading this.

Congratulations FS.

(You do signed copies?)
"WHILE ROME BURNED, KNOBHEADS MOANED ABOUT AQUILANI" - L6 Red

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
You reckon youll be selling any outside the match anytime? I remember you sayin you don't get down much but might be an idea.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
You reckon youll be selling any outside the match anytime? I remember you sayin you don't get down much but might be an idea.
You want to see the state of me when I go the match mate. Me missus takes me keys and anything sharp off me before I set foot out the door.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
I'd love a copy here in Denmark. Any news on the "better prices", Leo?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Couple of quick questions if anyone could answer.

Check your PM's. I've just sent you a message. I'll be here for about half hour, then I won't be online until tomorrow. So, let me know asap.

Offline Reds4Life

• Foot In Mouth Disease and Negative Hate Campaign Victim.
  • Kopite
  • LFC - A bastion of invincibility
Well in for getting this book knocked up Leo.

Would love to grab a copy over here in Oz and pass it on the aul fella for a gander.

Wishing you every success fat man, it's been an honour discussing footie with you and reading about yours and the other aul showers of shite's memories in that thread you all hide in ;)

Talk soon lad, take care.

Kev
To all the people lucky enough to be in the ground to watch the redmen play. This is your chance. This is your moment. This is your opportunity to lose your voice, the chance to display your unswerving loyalty in search of the holy grail. We shall overcome. We shall unite. We shall believe. We shall share in the spoils of victory!

YNWA, JFT 96