Author Topic: RAWK Preview: Liverpool FC vs Manchester United (Sun 1st Sept, 1.30pm)  (Read 91497 times)

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Re: RAWK Preview: Liverpool FC vs Manchester United (Sun 1st Sept, 1.30pm)
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2013, 12:04:31 am »
We're not doing Spying Kop anymore? Shame, always enjoyed that. Great preview by the way, come on you redmen!
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2013, 12:09:06 am »
I'd like to see someone on our team dive to win a pen against this lot for once. Especially if it's the winner. Last season took the piss.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2013, 12:15:05 am »
haha Brilliant op mate.  Can't wait for this.  Hope the crowd are well up for it and chant Shanklys name. 

Offline Scouse-Con

• Anny Roader
  • We Are The Legionnaires Expect Us.
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2013, 12:20:18 am »
http://youtu.be/SQlDoN-KQoI, love to hear this being belted out around Anfield in honour of Shankly. Boss.
Knowledge Is Free.
We Are Anonymous.
We Are Legion.

We Do Not Forgive.
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2013, 12:21:11 am »
On a really selfish note - please, please lord let us get a positive result on Sunday.

I just got back an hour ago having taken my little boy (6 in October) to Anfield for the stadium and museum tour today. He already had kits and knew player names and other facts about the club but hasn't managed to have the attention span to sit and watch a game with me so I thought this would hopefully cement his becoming a red. He had a brilliant day and I felt so proud listening to him tell his mum about everything he'd seen and learnt today. Especially everything he remembered I'd told him about Hillsborough when we stood at the memorial. I blew £100 in the club shop on a new home kit for him as we'll as other bits cos I got a bit carried away after seeing his enthusiasm.

He's really looking forward to wearing his new kit on Sunday and wants to watch the game with me but he's still at the stage where winning is everything and losing is boring and I'd hate for his enthusiasm to be washed away if the result goes against us.

Cme on Redmen. Do it for us and for all the new/young reds who need some new memories and stories to tell.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2013, 01:08:54 am »
I don't have any problems with Skrtel and Agger especially with Lucas and Gerrard in front of them.
Gerrard has to play a blinder and not neglect his defensive duties, but he will be up for this one.

Lucas will get his obligatory yellow card, but who will see red in this one ?

Johnson and Enrique are a bit more suspect in defence, but on the whole I have a good feeling about his game,
and it would be great to see Aspas and Coutinho get off the mark, and Sturridge just has to score.

The key is possession, not giving the ball away cheaply and not letting the tempo drop off too much after the first 20 minutes.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2013, 01:14:05 am »
Possibly the game I look forward to and dread most in equal measure - United at Anfield. Will be watching through my fingers as always. Can't wait.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Nick @ TorchTriathlon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • A Mignolet A Mignolet A Mignolet A Mignolet
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2013, 02:01:15 am »
We're without our best player but Moyes is not Ferguson. We drew with Everton twice last season and lost close matches  against United. We have beaten Utd in 50% of our home matches. I can see us doing the double on them 08/09 style. 2-1 at home. 4-1 away with a Suarez hat trick.

Beat them and they have four points and we have nine and Rogers knows it. We've been preparing for this one for weeks, Henderson will knacker them, Gerrard dismantle them, Lucas neutralise them, Agger and Skrtel batter them, Mignolet thwart them, Coutinho split them and Sturridge rout them. With Sterling and Ibe coming on at seventy and grabbing a goal each to rub salt in the wound.
"Football is a lie"

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2013, 02:12:34 am »
We're without our best player but Moyes is not Ferguson. We drew with Everton twice last season and lost close matches  against United. We have beaten Utd in 50% of our home matches. I can see us doing the double on them 08/09 style. 2-1 at home. 4-1 away with a Suarez hat trick.

Beat them and they have four points and we have nine and Rogers knows it. We've been preparing for this one for weeks, Henderson will knacker them, Gerrard dismantle them, Lucas neutralise them, Agger and Skrtel batter them, Mignolet thwart them, Coutinho split them and Sturridge rout them. With Sterling and Ibe coming on at seventy and grabbing a goal each to rub salt in the wound.

Sorry lad, but that's a complete load of nonsense.

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2013, 02:22:55 am »
I just hope we don't get a shit decision against us like last season with Shelvey. We have a good shot at the 3 points and what a start that would be to the season!

On a really selfish note - please, please lord let us get a positive result on Sunday.

I just got back an hour ago having taken my little boy (6 in October) to Anfield for the stadium and museum tour today. He already had kits and knew player names and other facts about the club but hasn't managed to have the attention span to sit and watch a game with me so I thought this would hopefully cement his becoming a red. He had a brilliant day and I felt so proud listening to him tell his mum about everything he'd seen and learnt today. Especially everything he remembered I'd told him about Hillsborough when we stood at the memorial. I blew £100 in the club shop on a new home kit for him as we'll as other bits cos I got a bit carried away after seeing his enthusiasm.

He's really looking forward to wearing his new kit on Sunday and wants to watch the game with me but he's still at the stage where winning is everything and losing is boring and I'd hate for his enthusiasm to be washed away if the result goes against us.

Cme on Redmen. Do it for us and for all the new/young reds who need some new memories and stories to tell.

Happy for you little lad mate, but drawing and losing is part of it too. He has to learn that eventually. If he'll grow up and love the club there will be disappointment in one form or another, might as well be ready for it now.

Edit: and I just realised how bloody sad that sounded. Let's t*at these f***ers! Come on you redmen!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 02:26:07 am by telekon »
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2013, 03:10:41 am »
Sorry lad, but that's a complete load of nonsense.

Sorry, but today is MLK day. Let the kid have a "dream".

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2013, 04:04:09 am »
Henderson to start, that's all i'll say.

NOT RIGHT !!!

but in the middle !!!
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline NetSpend

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2013, 05:09:09 am »
It's still the big one isn't it?

No matter what my two naive, manc brother's say about United VS Chelsea being bigger now I know they're wrong, my dad knows they're wrong, heck my mother knows they wrong and maybe on Sunday they will be reminded of that fact.

I think believe know we can win this one, I have argued for a while now that we are as good as United man for man and after this weekend, as the great Shankly once said 'If they didn't believe me, they believe me now!' (I know it doesn't quite fit, but it's Shankly, do you even care too much?)

I can't see Van Persie not scoring, but then I can't see Liverpool not scoring either, that in my mind is the weakness of United at the moment, they are that one man team.

3-1, Sturridge brace and Gerrard to prove why he is still one of the best.

I hate to piss on your parade, but if you've been arguing this for a while now and they keep winning things while we finish 6, don't you think your argument might be a little flawed?

Unrealistic expectations have cost us in the past, if a 0-0 draw put us joint top on sunday will you be booing the fact that we didn't beat a one man team?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:12:00 am by NetSpend »

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2013, 09:15:24 am »
I hate to piss on your parade, but if you've been arguing this for a while now and they keep winning things while we finish 6, don't you think your argument might be a little flawed?

Unrealistic expectations have cost us in the past, if a 0-0 draw put us joint top on sunday will you be booing the fact that we didn't beat a one man team?

Maybe that was a bit too broad, I meant really since last season and espcially after the winter transfer window. This year I really mean it as well. Also yes I realise we have finished lower than them for a while now but they have had stable management for 26 years now and without Fergie then that side is considerably weaker. Say what you want about Whiskeynose but he knew what he was doing.

On your second point : "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win." Shankly said that, and I adhere to it by not complaining too much when we lose. Even if we fucking lose (which I don't think we will) we will be 1 point off the top going into the summer break, unless Spurs beat Arsenal of course.

Lots to be positive about right now. So my fire burns, regardless of the piss! ;)

Offline wannabdoc

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool is a conviction
    • my blog
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2013, 10:21:35 am »
with rooney re-instated to the man u lineup and having a good game against the blues last night, he looks like one of the dangerman. able to track back or spray passes for welbeck and rvp to run on to, man u will look to their wingers valencia/young and welbeck on the other flank to counter. pool will seek to build on a solid start and get 3 straight victories, a feat last done in 94/95.

our man of the moment, sturridge will look to add to his hot scoring streak. coutinho did not have the chance to weave his magic in the last game but is looking to step up.

toure is out (unfortunately!) but here's hoping skittles will come in and do a job. after all, he is still a solid defender.
mignolet will have to be at his best once again as he faces up to the red hot rvp. with our 12th man roaring our team on, here's looking forward to the best start we have seen in quite a while. YNWA~!

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2013, 10:26:40 am »
I imagine we'll start at a very fast tempo and we will score within the first half hour. They'll come back into it and the game will be won or lost with how well we manage their counter-punch. If we can see that period through, I can see us scoring another and seeing the Sturridge dance in full flow.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Jack Barrels

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2013, 10:26:46 am »
I just found out Evrá also is used to prevent pregnancies. Makes sense really.
http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pages/MedicineOverview.aspx?condition=Contraception&medicine=Evra&preparationEvra%20transdermal%20patches

"Evrá contains two hormones that are similar to the hormonesoestrogen and progesterone that are produced by the body. Evrá is used to prevent women from becoming pregnant."

' In certain situations the effectiveness of Evrá may be reduced and you will need to take extra contraceptive precautions. For more information about starting Evrá and if you need to take extra precautions ask Alex Ferguson, the Club doctor or read the player information leaflet that comes with his agent.'

"Other information about Evrá:
you may have light and irregular periods or no periods at all when you stop using Evrá... Evrá does not protect against HIV infections or other sexually transmitted diseases"

I'll get me coat...
Really thought Martin Kelly would make it.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2013, 10:27:56 am »
I fucking hate this match-up but it's bliss when we win!

All I ask is for the ref (Marriner I think?) to be unbiased and we have a good shot of winning this.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2013, 10:28:16 am »
While Man U played all 3 attackers on Monday in Wellbeck, Rooney and van Persie I'm not convinced Moyes will go so attacking away from home. He's never been confident in that area.

Made sense for his first game at OT but at Anfield? Am just not sure.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2013, 10:36:35 am »
I imagine we'll see agger and skrtel at the back?
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Acapulco

• Main Stander
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2013, 11:46:23 am »
Hope Mariner is watching the elbows.Seems to rife with teams that Moyes manages. Fellaini against us last season was disgraceful and Vpersie got away with a bad one against Chelsea.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2013, 11:48:30 am »
Vpersie got away with a bad one against Chelsea.

Even worse was it was actually De Bruyne who got a card!! Gets his face smashed in and gets booked for it.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2013, 12:15:06 pm »
will be on a plane during this game...gutted!

BUT anything but a loss from this game and I will happy.....I would absolutely love to twat them and their fckin gargoyle of a manager but we have to take a hold of the game from the start and not let up....not be lazy, be intense but dont give the ref an excuse to be a c*nt and take our chances.

Our defence needs to be inspired.....it maybe makeshift for Sunday but for anyone on the pitch on the day it will be Liverpool vs Man U so there's no room for passengers. No team talks required. just need to play for the shirt and leave nothing on the pitch

cmon u redmen!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
  • The Greatest player to wear No.25 for Liverpool
    • The Inside Right
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2013, 12:26:36 pm »
Everyone has their opinions on Utd so an analysis of them is unlikely to highlight something that we did not know already.

However, here is one nuance to their play that I covered and that is their gravitation to the right a bit more.

Here is the link to some more graphics including their average pitch position vs Swansea and Cheslea

http://www.roryfitz9.com/news/liverpool-vs-man-utd/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:28:35 pm by Rory Fitzgerald »

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2013, 12:46:37 pm »
Enrique needs to be on form against Valencia. Much of Utd's attack went through him against Chelsea. I'm not even that arsed if he offers fuck all going forward in this one, he just needs to keep Valencia in his pocket.

The CB pairing is the difficult one to call. I read today that Skrtel has played 200 minutes or so in the PL since January. Surely we can't just drop him straight back in. My heart tells me to put Wisdom alongside Agger. Utd are not going to pump the box with long balls so the aerial inferiority thing is a moot point for me. I'd show faith in Wisdom myself.

Midfield pairing of Lucas and Gerrard is a given. I can see Coutinho being shunted out wide and Henderson being played in the number ten role. It'll be his responsibility to hassle Carrick and Cleverly. Hoepfully he can offer a bit going forward as well. Wide right will be Aspas. He didn't play at all mid-week, we're clearly keeping him fresh for this one. He'll have to work hard against an adventurous fullback.

Up front, I'm hoping Sturridge can pull something magic out of the air. I can't see us having many chances.

Mignolet
Johnson Wisdom Agger Enrique
          Lucas Gerrard
 Aspas Henderson Coutinho
              Sturridge

The only deviation from the lineup could be Skrtel in for Wisdom. I think it's a likely one too, I can't see Rodgers trusting Wisdom with this one.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2013, 12:54:40 pm »
I don't have any problems with Skrtel and Agger especially with Lucas and Gerrard in front of them.
Gerrard has to play a blinder and not neglect his defensive duties, but he will be up for this one.

Lucas will get his obligatory yellow card, but who will see red in this one ?

Johnson and Enrique are a bit more suspect in defence, but on the whole I have a good feeling about his game,
and it would be great to see Aspas and Coutinho get off the mark, and Sturridge just has to score.

The key is possession, not giving the ball away cheaply and not letting the tempo drop off too much after the first 20 minutes.

Agree about GJ. But i don't think Enrique is a bad defender. He doesn't have that flowing dribbling ability to get past players i agree. But he is a very solid defender and always look for a pass than blasting it from the box.

2-1 win for us. Sturridge and Gerrard for us. RVP for them.
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2013, 01:10:53 pm »
Bring them on, dont care who is missing for us, if you cant get up for this you shouldnt be playing for LFC, straight at them from the start in their faces, biggest thing of all if we get a chance bury it, no silly fouls around our box, big noise from us lot and bring those 3 points home
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2013, 01:20:44 pm »
We will batter these from the starting whistle to the final whistle, Sturridge will score twice, Van Persie will get a season ending injury, Hendo, Stevie and Lucas will bully the midfield, Rio will get sent off and Moyes will look like an even more twat by still haven't beat us at Anfield.

...and after an LFC goal Suárez will run down from the player's box wearing suit and dive in the front of the Manc bench and Moyes again.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2013, 01:28:23 pm »
Hope Mariner is watching the elbows.Seems to rife with teams that Moyes manages. Fellaini against us last season was disgraceful and Vpersie got away with a bad one against Chelsea.

Pretty Boy Persie just wised up sometime ago and realised he needed to protect himself to make the most of his ability. So he does. Pre Moyes.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2013, 01:35:01 pm »
If we manage to keep the pressure up for the entire 90 minutes we will win this.

I know it´s a lot to ask but I think it would rather cost us sitting back compared to trying to press them and keep possession for the entire game. They are just no used to it when looking at their games against spanish sides recentely.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline LucasLeiva

• Anny Roader
  • Remember My Name
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2013, 01:45:14 pm »
Kelly always seems to play well against United, I would love to see him play CB.

Offline Scouse-Con

• Anny Roader
  • We Are The Legionnaires Expect Us.
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2013, 01:47:17 pm »
Kelly always seems to play well against United, I would love to see him play CB.

I'm sure Rodgers said he wasn't ready just yet.
Knowledge Is Free.
We Are Anonymous.
We Are Legion.

We Do Not Forgive.
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2013, 01:51:14 pm »
Just watching our 4-1 win against them.

They had Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov, Vidic, Van der Sar all took part, and had Giggs and Scholes come off the bench.

We finished the game with El Zhar, Dossena and Babel on the pitch.

Form, teams and tactics mean little in games like these. Let's go out there and smash them.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline LucasLeiva

• Anny Roader
  • Remember My Name
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2013, 02:20:12 pm »
I'm sure Rodgers said he wasn't ready just yet.

Ah that explains a few things

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2013, 02:42:52 pm »

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2013, 02:49:22 pm »
^^^^^^^^^

And just a sidenote, if any Man Utd fans are reading this and going to the game a bit of respect from you lot about the man above wouldnt go a miss, he helped you lot out after Munich , so behave yourselves
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2013, 02:51:37 pm »
I guess the question is, with van Persie leading their line, can tactics really stop them scoring? Do we go out to score as many as possible with this in mind or try and keep it tight knowing we too have a dangerous man up front?

How would you set us up? I have no idea. Rodgers will be earning his money on this one.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2013, 02:53:17 pm »
Just watching our 4-1 win against them.

They had Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov, Vidic, Van der Sar all took part, and had Giggs and Scholes come off the bench.

We finished the game with El Zhar, Dossena and Babel on the pitch.

Form, teams and tactics mean little in games like these. Let's go out there and smash them.

I think you contradict yourself here.. we won BECAUSE of the better tactic, not because of having better players around.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2013, 03:00:34 pm »
I guess the question is, with van Persie leading their line, can tactics really stop them scoring?

Did you not watch the Chelsea game last monday?

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
  • My karma just ran over your dogma
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2013, 03:01:40 pm »
Mignolet to run the full pitch to celebrate the win after Borini's late winner :)
Vedanta uncompromisingly insists that man is essentially perfect, and therefore infinite are the possibilities that lie lurking in him